PDA

View Full Version : Urgent FAO RP/Yogi

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 12:16 PM
A CH and a RB needed immediately .. You have just over 48 hours .. Get to it FFS! :grr:

Expecting Rain
30-08-2009, 12:25 PM
A CH and a RB needed immediately .. You have just over 48 hours .. Get to it FFS! :grr:

So obvious.:agree:

Www1875hfc
30-08-2009, 02:29 PM

Spot on :agree: 100%

Mikey
30-08-2009, 02:42 PM
It would be easier for the club to fix those problem areas if people bothered their arse to go along and support the team.

The number of empty seats there today was ridiculous.

col02
30-08-2009, 02:44 PM
It would be easier for the club to fix those problem areas if people bothered their arse to go along and support the team.

Maybe easier for some people to support the team from the comfort of their own couch or in the pub than actually at the game! Even an extra 500 or so ST's makes a hell of a difference to the managers budget and would allow him the scope to add players without having to wait on seeing a few leave!

shamo9
30-08-2009, 02:46 PM
We need another good defender certainly, but it's about time McCormack got an extended run in the team. He never lets anyone down and deserves his chance.

Mikey
30-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Maybe easier for some people to support the team from the comfort of their own couch or in the pub than actually at the game! Even an extra 500 or so ST's makes a hell of a difference to the managers budget and would allow him the scope to add players without having to wait on seeing a few leave!

Indeed. It'll also be dead easy for them to bump their gums on Tuesday evening if the players they want don't materialise.

It's a 2 way street!

CB_NO3
30-08-2009, 02:47 PM

I thought Bamba and McCormack both had good games today, think you are over exaggerating. We played Celtic and we deserved at least a point today.

bobbyhibs1983
30-08-2009, 02:49 PM

and it would be much easier if the clubs reduced prices imo £27 for a game thats on tv and is on sunday?

my main point is the price, ye it is easy to say but "your supporting the team" but for many folk, myelf included alot of people just cannot afford it

Beefster
30-08-2009, 02:54 PM
and it would be much easier if the clubs reduced prices imo £27 for a game thats on tv and is on sunday?

my main point is the price, ye it is easy to say but "your supporting the team" but for many folk, myelf included alot of people just cannot afford it

Is £5 off a ticket really going to get thousands more coming to ER? I doubt it.

Folk have other priorities - whether it be kids, smoking, alcohol, the full Sky package, whatever - that's fair enough.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Again today, we saw just how ordinary Hogg is. He was bullied, and out fought in nearly every challenge, he needs replaced. Mcormack did well, although he is not a right back. We would be better with him in beside bamba, than persisting with that liability. On the plus side, wotherspoon looks a player, another who looks like he will have a great future in the game.:thumbsup:

bobbyhibs1983
30-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Is £5 off a ticket really going to get thousands more coming to ER? I doubt it.

Folk have other priorities - whether it be kids, smoking, alcohol, the full Sky package, whatever - that's fair enough.

£5 off? naw mate i think prices are sky high even with £5 off its just my view though

if prices were like maybe £5 for a kid/oap and maybe £10-£15 for an adult then maybe, i just think prices are way over the top at the moment.
But i do understand what your saying bout prioties though.Is it the time that is liek keeping fans away?
I think its mostly price and prehaps the time that are games on

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 03:04 PM

:agree:

That's the main point.

If this game was on a Saturday I'd be more likely to go along but I certainly won't be paying £27 for a game that's on TV.

silverhibee
30-08-2009, 03:06 PM

:agree: Poor crowd today.:agree:

smurf
30-08-2009, 03:10 PM

:agree::boo hoo:

The club are perhaps paying a wee price for the Mixu period where people were bored out their minds.

However, result aside ER is a place to be to enjoy again.

Bearders
30-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I thought Bamba and McCormack both had good games today, think you are over exaggerating. We played Celtic and we deserved at least a point today.

Hogg's performance was brutal.

Dashing Bob S
Again today, we saw just how ordinary Hogg is. He was bullied, and out fought in nearly every challenge, he needs replaced. Mcormack did well, although he is not a right back. We would be better with him in beside bamba, than persisting with that liability. On the plus side, wotherspoon looks a player, another who looks like he will have a great future in the game.:thumbsup:

I agree. Hogg has not looked the same player this season and McCormack has coped well at FB but he's never a full-back. I'd have him in the centre of defence, alongside SB. He's done enough to deserve a run in his normal position.

Wotherspoon Hib's best player again.

Littlest Hobo

I agree Mike but when you really look at it.

1. We're playing in a league that in reality we have no chance of winning.

2. I think the board need to show a little more ambition by bringing in players to fill in the obvious weak spots in our first eleven.

3. It's the old firm we are playing today. Some folk just wont subject their off spring to their kind. And I can't blame them.

4. It's live on T.V :rolleyes: It's inevitable that some will choose to watch it on T.V rather than go to the game and the clubs know that before they sign any contract.

5. It's up to the club to think of a winning formula to get bums back on seats.
Usually this means putting a decent team on the park and for them to be challenging for honours. Do that and I can almost certainly guarantee bums on seats?

down the slope
30-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Hogg is a liability, he has not progressed to the level that we need and to have him as club captain is a joke.

Jack
30-08-2009, 03:14 PM
There are Hibs supporters and Hibs fans.

You either support the club or you dont.

sam armstrong
30-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Oh aye it's that easy!!!!!
Hibs future looks good to me, with some very good young players giving Celtic a very hard game. Hanlon and Wotherspoon in particular look to have big futures ahead of them.

J-C
30-08-2009, 03:23 PM

Would loved to have been there but had hip surgery 4 weeks ago, not worked since the either so won't be at a game for a good few weeks but my 2 sons were there as they have season tickets. So when I'm able and have the resources I'll be back but until then I'll have to watch or listen via the media.

Hibby Bairn
30-08-2009, 03:25 PM
:agree: Poor crowd today.:agree:

In Edinburgh thousands of kids play football on a Sunday. That usually also means dads go to watch their games. Most of this takes place with a 11am kick off. Other games kick off at 2pm. When the televised Sunday games kicked off at 2pm those with kids games in the morning could still get there. But not with a 12.30 kick off.

There were 4 season ticket holders not there today becase of this. And I guarantee hundreds if not thousands of others were in the same boat.

J-C
30-08-2009, 03:31 PM
In Edinburgh thousands of kids play football on a Sunday. That usually also means dads go to watch their games. Most of this takes place with a 11am kick off. Other games kick off at 2pm. When the televised Sunday games kicked off at 2pm those with kids games in the morning could still get there. But not with a 12.30 kick off.

There were 4 season ticket holders not there today becase of this. And I guarantee hundreds if not thousands of others were in the same boat.

:top marks
Do we not get money from ESPN to compensate us for this.

sleeping giant
30-08-2009, 03:42 PM
First time back in my ST seat this season:greengrin
I have a few trumpets near me now:faf:

What has that got to do with this thread ? I'm not sure:greengrin

persevere1875
30-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Sorry perhaps its just me but I dont get this Bamba thing, true he's a grafter and he obviously wants to win for the team but some of the decisions he makes on the pitch seem to lack maturity and common sense and not a little class, sure I'll be slated for that but such is life

Hiber-nation
30-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Exactly. Some people can't afford it, others might be working or whatever but there are plenty out there that obviously couldnae be ersed. Very disappointing.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Looks like I'm on my own here but I thought McCormack was poor today. Fully accept that RB is not his best possition but he offered noting in attack and stood off his man far too often. Not writing him off by any means, just not a great day for him today.

Badge
30-08-2009, 09:13 PM
We need another good defender certainly, but it's about time McCormack got an extended run in the team. He never lets anyone down and deserves his chance.

Correct. Drop Hogg and play McCormack at sweeper.

jakki
30-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I would have been there today paying full price if Hibs had given me a wheelchair bay or else a place to park my mobility scooter safely and climb very few steps, but having asking the ticket office twice about a safe place , I have not had an answer back. BooHoo they don't want me to be there!:boo hoo::boo hoo:

ScottB
30-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Personally at the moment I can't afford it, but I'm due to be returning to uni (good place to weather the recession storm!) so I'm looking forward to getting to some games once I get my hands on a metric card again :greengrin

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 09:39 PM
First time back in my ST seat this season:greengrin
I have a few trumpets near me now:faf:

What has that got to do with this thread ? I'm not sure:greengrin

I did tell ye that Danderhall radge is a dick! :wink: :greengrin

Franck is God
30-08-2009, 10:14 PM
There are a few players that haven't started the season as well as they have played in the past. Some of that will be to do with the change in management and coaching styles and i doubt we have seen the best of anyone yet which fills me with optimism for the rest of the season.

Not absolutely sure why there is a lot of negativity with the defence though, the Celtic goal was excellent today, good build up, they moved our team about, good cross and a good header. There only other good opportunies came from set pieces and one break away that Stack saved well.

PeterboroHibee
30-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I thought both fullbacks were superb today. Maloney was pretty much posted missing, well played by McCormack imo, and attacked well. We dont need another RB if he can play like that.

We do need CBs though, I think Bambas quality but today he didnt have a good game; his fault for the goal and he got an unnecessary booking at the end for constantly barging into players. Hogg has been quite average since being handed the armband.

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 10:25 PM

I was surprised and disappointed at the crowd today. I'm watching MOTD2 and there are similar (larger than usual) gaps in the crowd at Villa-Fulham .. Which was also live today.

The Beastie Bus
30-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I was surprised and disappointed at the crowd today. I'm watching MOTD2 and there are similar (larger than usual) gaps in the crowd at Villa-Fulham .. Which was also live today.

Correct.

Imagine how it'll look with the new East stand and a capacity of 20k.

Frustrating.

Just Jimmy
31-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Indeed. It'll also be dead easy for them to bump their gums on Tuesday evening if the players they want don't materialise.

It's a 2 way street!

Steven Fletcher - 3 million.
Rob Jones - 500,000 ish.

so 3.5 Million in, (loosing our captain and best defender in the process), two (decent) free's from Falkirk, Galbraith who's hardly played and Stokes for approx the rob jones money.

Yet all the talk is Nish out, or Bamba out. I'd be pretty annoyed if we sold Bamba to fund anymore moves tbh, considering who we lost and for how much.

A few hundred more Hibs fans at a game against Celtic won't make a difference.

Lucius Apuleius
31-08-2009, 10:31 AM
£5 off? naw mate i think prices are sky high even with £5 off its just my view though

if prices were like maybe £5 for a kid/oap and maybe £10-£15 for an adult then maybe, i just think prices are way over the top at the moment.
But i do understand what your saying bout prioties though.Is it the time that is liek keeping fans away?
I think its mostly price and prehaps the time that are games on

I actually think 27 pounds for an hour and a half entertainment is OK.

Going by your prices I don't think we would generate enough money to pay first team salaries never mind Rods.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Steven Fletcher - 3 million.
Rob Jones - 500,000 ish.

so 3.5 Million in, (loosing our captain and best defender in the process), two (decent) free's from Falkirk, Galbraith who's hardly played and Stokes for approx the rob jones money.

Yet all the talk is Nish out, or Bamba out. I'd be pretty annoyed if we sold Bamba to fund anymore moves tbh, considering who we lost and for how much.

A few hundred more Hibs fans at a game against Celtic won't make a difference.

:agree: We are c. 1,500 to 2,000 STs down on last season (thanks to the recession and Mixu)

So 1,500 to 2,000 had the choice of walk up and pay or watch in the house/pub.

It's not difficult to see why there were gaps in the stands IMHO.