PDA

View Full Version : Mowbray's Reception

RoYO!
30-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but think its quite important.

From yogi's article:

"When he comes back here on Sunday he will get a standing ovation, the fans have to do that because he did a great job when he was managing this club."

we need to show that we are not small minded and take a high ground and give the guy a great reception for all the good things that he did when he was here.

Expecting Rain
30-08-2009, 10:02 AM

From yogi's article:

"When he comes back here on Sunday he will get a standing ovation, the fans have to do that because he did a great job when he was managing this club."

we need to show that we are not small minded and take a high ground and give the guy a great reception for all the good things that he did when he was here.

I`m on total agreement Mowbray`s contribution to Hibs cannot be underestimated, a civil welcome then lets get into them!

Betty Boop
30-08-2009, 10:03 AM

From yogi's article:

I don't see why he should get a standing ovation, after all he couldn't wait to get away from Easter Road. :greengrin

J-C
30-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Don't need to boo him and a standing ovation is unwarranted, a civil applause should be enough.

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't see why he should get a standing ovation, after all he couldn't wait to get away from Easter Road. :greengrin

Is he not allowed to be ambitious?

Underdose
30-08-2009, 10:13 AM
What TM did for Hibs cannot be forgotten. He came in at a time when players like whittaker and deek were going to be swapped for bobby mann!! He turned us from a club going nowhere fast at the bottom of the table back into the club we all know we should be - playing attractive attacking passing football and producing a long line of great young talents that we can command top dollar for.

The communication from the club to the fans has also improved.

He didnt jump ship and screw us over - he was so successful that he attracted the intrest of bigger clubs.

He was always a gentleman and deserves our respect. To even suggest booing him his riddiculous.

A standing ovation for TM then get right behind our current manager who is bringing back the positivity thatwas around in the TM days.:agree:

mim
30-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Mogga doesn't deserve any booing - or any applause, polite or otherwise.
He is just the manager of our opposition today and should be ignored.

For all the good he did at ER, he left us in the lurch and that should not be forgotten.

Underdose
30-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Mogga doesn't deserve any booing - or any applause, polite or otherwise.
He is just the manager of our opposition today and should be ignored.

For all the good he did at ER, he left us in the lurch and that should not be forgotten.

Seriously?? If you think that then what the hell did Bobby do or Duffy for that matter!?

He left us in a FAR better position than when he arrived. FACT!

mim
30-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Yes, that is a fact, but he still bailed out, didn't he?
I have no problem with him going to advance his personal ambitions, but my ambitions are for Hibs and I wouldn't feel like applauding anyone with a different view.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I'll be doing exactly as Yogi suggests. Yes, we'd all like a manager or player to leave after ten years with a load of trophies in the cabinet and a glamourous, teary-eyed testimonial as send-off, but in the greed/politics of the modern game, it's almost impossible for any big name departure not to take place under some jaundiced cloud or other.

Let's be big and see that rubbish for what it is, stand above it, and give the joint architect (along with RP) of modern Hibernia the welcome he probably doesn't want or expect, but certainly deserves.

Besides, booing or cold-shouldering him will only further convince those deluded tramps that he's "one of them" of "Smelly minded" when he's just another ambitious soccer pro doing his job and trying to make his way in his chosen field, where ALL CLUBS are stepping stones to something else.

Lucius Apuleius
30-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Seriously?? If you think that then what the hell did Bobby do or Duffy for that matter!?

Nobody disputing he left us in a better position than when he joined, what Mike is alluding to is the way in which he left us. I didn't like it either to be honest. I won't be there today obviously but would be treated exactly the same as any other manager of an opposing team that comes to ER. We owe him nothing.

Auckland Hibs
30-08-2009, 10:25 AM

:top marks

He brought the club forward both on and off the park, IMO he raised the bar at ER.

IMO he should be given a good reception for what he done at ER.

Wembley67
30-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't really think anyone should be telling anyone else how to behave, let the individuals applaud/boo whatever they think is apt, do you really think anyone is going to pay a blind bit of attention?

I very much doubt it will make the back pages of the red tops.

J-C
30-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I'll be doing exactly as Yogi suggests. Yes, we'd all like a manager or player to leave after ten years with a load of trophies in the cabinet and a glamourous, teary-eyed testimonial as send-off, but in the greed/politics of the modern game, it's almost impossible for any big name departure not to take place under some jaundiced cloud or other.

Let's be big and see that rubbish for what it is, stand above it, and give the joint architect (along with RP) of modern Hibernia the welcome he probably doesn't want or expect, but certainly deserves.

Besides, booing or cold-shouldering him will only further convince those deluded tramps that he's "one of them" of "Smelly minded" when he's just another ambitious soccer pro doing his job and trying to make his way in his chosen field, where ALL CLUBS are stepping stones to something else.

Well said Bob, he left us to go to ECL and gained promotion with WBA, had a crack at the big boys of that league and then took over at Darkheid.

Underdose
30-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Nobody disputing he left us in a better position than when he joined, what Mike is alluding to is the way in which he left us. I didn't like it either to be honest. I won't be there today obviously but would be treated exactly the same as any other manager of an opposing team that comes to ER. We owe him nothing.

I think you'll find if you re-read his comments he said TM left us in the lurch.

We went on to win the CIS cup shortly after...

All this 'way he left' nonsense is pathetic. He didnt try and engineer a move away in the press or hand in a transfer request, not turn up to training etc etc. He handled the whole thing in a dignified way and didnt have a bad word to say about Hibs.

Was i dissapointed he left - of course I was. But don't try and turn the fact that a great manager left us to go to a bigger club when they approached us and him into him treating us badly.

Russian Hibs Fan
30-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I would like to thank him for the seasons 2004/2005 and 2005/2006, but the way he has gone from our club I think tha standing ovation would be too much. Better to support the current players and current manager then the man who leaved us just a couple of days after he said that he will stay at ER.

1two
30-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't really think anyone should be telling anyone else how to behave, let the individuals applaud/boo whatever they think is apt, do you really think anyone is going to pay a blind bit of attention?

I very much doubt it will make the back pages of the red tops.

But as our club manager, i'd listen to him before anyone on here. But yes everyone should do as they choose, i will give him an applause before getting right behind yogi and hibs!

J-C
30-08-2009, 10:39 AM
He spoke about commitment and dedication from players and management, then left Hibs. He then did the same to WBA, to go to Celtic.

He has used both clubs as a stepping stone for his own career and we owe him nowt, he gave us a couple of decent seasons and gave us a wee bit of respect back but apart from that he is an ex manager and should be treated like any other OF manager.

Wembley67
30-08-2009, 10:48 AM
But as our club manager, i'd listen to him before anyone on here. But yes everyone should do as they choose, i will give him an applause before getting right behind yogi and hibs!

And I my friend, if I was going to the game, would do exactly the same :agree:

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 10:51 AM
:top marks

He brought the club forward both on and off the park, IMO he raised the bar at ER.

IMO he should be given a good reception for what he done at ER.

:agree:

Saves me typing it!

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Deserves a good reception and I am sure he will get that. Football is a different game today where loyalty is very short lived......

Davy Mac
30-08-2009, 01:50 PM
He spoke about commitment and dedication from players and management, then left Hibs. He then did the same to WBA, to go to Celtic.

He has used both clubs as a stepping stone for his own career and we owe him nowt, he gave us a couple of decent seasons and gave us a wee bit of respect back but apart from that he is an ex manager and should be treated like any other OF manager.

Spot on fella, spot on...........:agree:

--------
30-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Next time, could I suggest we club together and invest in a couple of barrels of tar and some sacks of feathers and give him the reception he REALLY deserves?

And maybe beat his stinking cheating team as well? :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2009, 11:57 PM

From yogi's article:

But after telling the players to stay he then bolted to WBA, and actually won the square root of **** all whilst in charge at ER.......

He made a snide remark about Hibs pre Arsenal match, and the huddle at the end was downright impudent. Could have caused bother, and showed lack of respect towards Hibs.....

No respect for him, Tony "the Saint" Mowbray GTF !!!!!!!!!:grr:

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Didn't like the bride's costume, tbh and thought he could have done better than cheesy Highland dress and the band were pretty shocking.

Decent buffet though - showed how far Celtic have come on since they single-handed dealt with the tragedy of the famine.

Like the Jambos and their two world war wins against all odds; we owe them all so much.

"Never had so many for long bleated and bored everyone about a history they never had..."

maturehibby
31-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Thought at first it was Mark Venus out coaching then found out it was Peter Grant only to eventually see Venus appear and boy has he been eating all the Parkhead pies / and whatever else he has scranned - another Blobby Williamson there