PDA

View Full Version : Sell Out today?

mhathorn1
30-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Just Wondering if anybody knows if the game is a sell out today? Lets hope the yogi fortress is buzzing.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Neither end will be sold out IMHO.

mhathorn1
30-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Shame, because both teams have started well. When was the last time we were this optimistic about the star of a season?

007 Mickey Weir
30-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I was at the ticket office on Tues to pick up my season ticket and heard them on the phone saying it was sold out. I presumed it was the smeltic end. Hibs end wasn't sold out. Never really does for Old Firm games anymore. Shame!! Big game!

007 Mickey Weir
30-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Ticket office have just said to my mate that there are a few seats in the corner of the west stand, and also some in East. Other stands are sold out.

rennie_hfc
30-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Ticket office have just said to my mate that there are a few seats in the corner of the west stand, and also some in East. Other stands are sold out.

how did he get through to ticket office, when i phoned it went to a call centre?

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Not a chance it'll be sold out, but the pubs around the ground will be full of people who would normally go along if it wasn't on TV.

Sergey
30-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Celtic hadn't sold their allocation as at the beginning of this week.

bobbyhibs1983
30-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Not a chance it'll be sold out, but the pubs around the ground will be full of people who would normally go along if it wasn't on TV.

I think thats maybe half the problem, and im sure alot of fans who buy season tickets agree.
A few years ago prehaps most league games were 3pm with the odd "Big Games" are on telly.
Nowadays you might be lucky if 10 home games are 3pm on a saturday.

Im sure alot of people dont mind sunday at 2pm games, gives you maybe an hour pre match in the pub or whatever but im sure alot of people dislike 12 30 on a sunday.

Another reason i feel is the pricing, £27 for an adult for the bigger games.
For a family of 4 , 2 adults and 2 kids , its like 27 for an adult and 16 50 for a kid. so for just tickets its like £87:grr:

Not to mention the cost of bus, car, or whatever AND a packet of crisps/food, coke cola witch also are a rip off.

And people wonder why big games dont sell out.?

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Celtic hadn't sold their allocation as at the beginning of this week.

Seriously? I find that hard to believe. Who told you that?

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I think thats maybe half the problem, and im sure alot of fans who buy season tickets agree.
A few years ago prehaps most league games were 3pm with the odd "Big Games" are on telly.
Nowadays you might be lucky if 10 home games are 3pm on a saturday.

Im sure alot of people dont mind sunday at 2pm games, gives you maybe an hour pre match in the pub or whatever but im sure alot of people dislike 12 30 on a sunday.

Another reason i feel is the pricing, £27 for an adult for the bigger games.
For a family of 4 , 2 adults and 2 kids , its like 27 for an adult and 16 50 for a kid. so for just tickets its like £87:grr:

Not to mention the cost of bus, car, or whatever AND a packet of crisps/food, coke cola witch also are a rip off.

And people wonder why big games dont sell out.?

It's the ST holders that are as much to blame as the walk-ups. I know three lads, all ST holders, who've stated they are going to watch the game in the pub and hook with the rest of us after. It certainly wouldn't be my choice, and i find it a strange one given that they've already paid for the game.

Basically, so many people like going to football but are conditioned into meeting at 12.30 for a drink. They get away from spouses/girlfriends on the day of the football and getting sloshed together is more important than attending the match.

There have been others running around in a blind panic since 9.30, texting me about finding somewhere to get a drink before the game.

gerry
30-08-2009, 10:30 AM
was there at 10 45 got a ticket for east stand .

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I had a gander at the online system and there was tickets available in all sections of all stands bar one in the north upper and one in the west upper.

Sergey
30-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Seriously? I find that hard to believe. Who told you that?

This site received a request from the club asking us to advertise the tickets here.

It seemed a somewhat strange request and we informed them that only a handful of Celtic supporters viewed this site and we rightly or wrongly refused.

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2009, 10:36 AM
This site received a request from the club asking us to advertise the tickets here.

It seemed a somewhat strange request and we informed them that only a handful of Celtic supporters viewed this site and we rightly or wrongly refused.

hibs asked for celtic tickets to be advertised here but didn't even advertise them on their own site, now that is a strange one.

mcfly
30-08-2009, 02:45 PM
can you still buy a season ticket?? if so what are the prices?