PDA

View Full Version : What's Boozy up to?

Jim44
29-08-2009, 02:08 PM
I haven't read a dicky bird about Beuzelin for a week or so. I assume he is still training with Celtic in the hope of a late call-up, especially now that Donati is going/gone. If Celtic don't take him, he's leaving it a bit late getting himself fixed up for this season.

TheBall'sRound
29-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I haven't read a dicky bird about Beuzelin for a week or so. I assume he is still training with Celtic in the hope of a late call-up, especially now that Donati is going/gone. If Celtic don't take him, he's leaving it a bit late getting himself fixed up for this season.

He's a free agent so isn't restricted by the transfer window.

He'll end up at a club who didn't get any of their signing targets before the deadline. So it might still be us :greengrin

Don Giovanni
29-08-2009, 02:10 PM

If he is a free agent / not contracted to any club then he can sign a contract with a new club whenever he wishes to.

Transfer window would not apply.

Jim44
29-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I know he is a free agent but I still thought he would have got his @rse in gear before now. :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I know he is a free agent but I still thought he would have got his @rse in gear before now. :greengrin

He never gets his lazy @rse out of first gear on and off the pitch.

Oscar Lomax
29-08-2009, 02:51 PM

As long as Hibs dont fix him up ill be more than happy.

IWasThere2016
29-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Still whoring himself to Mowbray I believe

FRes Hibbie
29-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Isn't it the case that he could sign for a club outwith the transfer window but couldn't actually play for them until he was registered with them/received international clearance - which can only happen while the transfer window was open?

:confused:

J-C
29-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Isn't it the case that he could sign for a club outwith the transfer window but couldn't actually play for them until he was registered with them/received international clearance - which can only happen while the transfer window was open?

:confused:

Don't think it applies to him as he's lived and worked in Britain for more than 5 years a bit like Novo.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Think people are looking for somebody with a bit of engine but if they don't do business in the window he'll be somebodies sloppy seconds. Hope its not us, liked him very much but I think he's had his day.

joe_hfc
29-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Still whoring himself to Mowbray I believe

:greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
29-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Think people are looking for somebody with a bit of engine but if they don't do business in the window he'll be somebodies sloppy seconds. Hope its not us, liked him very much but I think he's had his day.

For once I agree with you :agree:

PapillonVert
29-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Me too.

We shouldn't allow ourselves to be the option of last resort for ex-players who have moved on, failed to make it and are now scrabbling around for an employer.

Onceinawhile
29-08-2009, 09:18 PM
about 6 foot.

NaeTechnoHibby
29-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Me too.

We shouldn't allow ourselves to be the option of last resort for ex-players who have moved on, failed to make it and are now scrabbling around for an employer.

Exactly :agree:

They all came for a route to the riches of England, in recent years, and discounted us as a stepping stone :boo hoo: and if they havnae got even lower league english clubs looking at them, well they're not for me :agree:

Boozy thought he was better than he was, as a few oan here do too :bitchy:

He'll do a job for someone, but I doubt it will be us :agree:

Danny_Hibee
29-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Exactly :agree:

They all came for a route to the riches of England, in recent years, and discounted us as a stepping stone :boo hoo: and if they havnae got even lower league english clubs looking at them, well they're not for me :agree:

Boozy thought he was better than he was, as a few oan here do too :bitchy:

He'll do a job for someone, but I doubt it will be us :agree:

he hardly used us as a stepping stone, spent about 4 years with us and needed a change but found it very hard to leave!

PapillonVert
29-08-2009, 10:34 PM
he hardly used us as a stepping stone, spent about 4 years with us and needed a change but found it very hard to leave!

True, but he moved on when the opportunity presented itself and that opportunity equated to more cash.

The general principle holds true for me, though, in that when players move on that should in most cases be it. Thanks for what you've given us, you've moved on and good luck, we'll move on too and maybe occasionally an ex-player will come back but, hey, we ain't a safe haven if it doesn't work out.

darwenhibby
29-08-2009, 10:46 PM
True, but he moved on when the opportunity presented itself and that opportunity equated to more cash.

The general principle holds true for me, though, in that when players move on that should in most cases be it. Thanks for what you've given us, you've moved on and good luck, we'll move on too and maybe occasionally an ex-player will come back but, hey, we ain't a safe haven if it doesn't work out.

:agree:

If he did not want to come back to Hibs in July then we don't need him now.
We only want players who will die for the jersey now. Not when there is no other option.
We are bigger than Beuzilien. End of.

Put the matter to bed.

perthhibs
29-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Who even cares ?? He never kicked a ball for us for 2 years before he left,because he thought he was better >> so IMO P off Boozy !!

burleynomore
29-08-2009, 11:17 PM
We surely cant take him back. Very few return to a club and perform. I am in the Boozy GTF squad.

scottyd
29-08-2009, 11:21 PM
My wife works beside his brother and according to his brother he has been made an offer of a short term deal at Smeltic (don't know the details) and he is holding out for a better offer from another club - he is apparenetly hoping we go in for him with a longer term deal:agree:

horseman
29-08-2009, 11:31 PM
We surely cant take him back. Very few return to a club and perform. I am in the Boozy GTF squad.

like ian murray ? or perhaps derek riordan ?

Pete
29-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't see the problem in taking him back.

He's older now, so I could see him playing the sitting midfield role to perfection...that link between the defence and midfield.

sevenil
30-08-2009, 01:03 AM
There's lot of folks older, as in bus pass stage, but that doesn't mean they can still play as they did when they were 28. Time doesn't stand still especially for footballers in the very last days of a playing career.

whereswallace?
30-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Me too.

Im interested to know what makes you think he was a failure at Coventry then? The guy started 28 league games i think it was.Surely if he was a failure he wouldnt have got anywhere near the starting line up in a league that is far superior to the SPL??

It wasnt down to lack of ability he didnt stay at Coventry.

I see someone say he used us as a stepping stone,the guy saw out 2 contracts with us and then moved on to try himself in a better league at the end of the second contract which he fulfilled.

BurghHibby
30-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Play him at the back in place of Captain Calamity mk2 - Hogg.
He played there before and was good, far better than Hogg anyway.

keep the faith
30-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Cant believe everyone is having a pop at him now.

If he is availiable on our pay structure with no transfer fee then I would take him like a shot. His passing and vision would be a real option for us - even if he doesnt play every week.

I dont know if many remember the game he played a sweeper (I think it was against Celtic) and he was tremendous. That would be another option if he was here.

For what its worth, I think he will plug the Donati gap anyway.

Badge
30-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd take him back. We need creative players in the middle of the park and he and/or Zouma could provide this.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 08:15 AM

What do you mean 'for once'? Surely we both agree that Nade is *hite?

One Day Soon
30-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Boozy was an excellent player for us. I find it amazing that people will rave about Zemmama but completely discount Boozy. In terms of consistency, injury, availablity and contribution to the team overall the Frenchman was miles ahead.

There is a simple test here - if he's good enough and he is available at the right price and if we need cover in his position then we should sign him. Price is down to Petrie/Lindsay and the other two are Hughes' call.

Personally I think he would be a good influence on the squad and younger players, if he can still play and run he would raise our quality, his passing link play could make a world of difference in the midfield if he can still do it and I agree that he may be real value at the back.

Didn't we have another half decent older frenchman at the back not that long ago...

Scooter
30-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Out of all the people we have been linked with boozy excites me the most

Just Jimmy
30-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Play him at the back in place of Captain Calamity mk2 - Hogg.
He played there before and was good, far better than Hogg anyway.

once, as a sweeper. not a centre half. He was also sent off.

weecounty hibby
30-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Really, why should we care. I liked him when he was here first time but if he wanted training facilities why not come to us, ex player and all that would have been easier for him. He went to Celtic with eyes on a bigger salary. I would be very surprised if they signed him even as cover and I think by going there he has probably lost out on other clubs.

'Mon the Hibs
30-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I know he has been offered a 1 year deal at celtc and a 3 year deal with us (but less money).