29-08-2009, 12:25 PM
is training with hibs

with the first team

Hibstrooper
29-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Surely just as a favour from Yogi, really can't see him signing

Cabbage East
29-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Only thing he'll be offered is training facilities.

sleeping giant
29-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Only thing he'll be offered is training facilities.

Thank goodness for that !!

Golden Bear
29-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I hope Rod's charging him a commercial rate for use of the facilities!

:wink:

JimBHibees
29-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Dont think he would be a bad option from the bench. Saying that would probably would be using up resources we could use elsewhere.

WindyMiller
29-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I think he's doing his coaching badges, so he could be working through them with JH.

basehibby
29-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Got to say that in his younger days I would've taken McCann in a flash - Jambo or no - a natural winger with real pace and ability. Unfortunately at 35, I think much of the pace must be gone now and he's very injury prone so no thanks :bye:

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Anyone think he would be a good pro, just to have around the club?

Have met the guy only once, when he played for Rankgers and he was a complete gent.

:jamboak::greengrin

Bobo
29-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Dont think he would be a bad option from the bench. Saying that would probably would be using up resources we could use elsewhere.

Would also lead to him blocking the progress of one of our youngsters by taking up that seat on the bench?

We don't need players like him who are coming to the end of their career and have little to offer. We already have one in JJ, who looks like he's on his way out?

--------
29-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Would also lead to him blocking the progress of one of our youngsters by taking up that seat on the bench?

We don't need players like him who are coming to the end of their career and have little to offer. We already have one in JJ, who looks like he's on his way out?

Yogi letting him keep fit and lend a hand with the coaching - until Eddie May gets the heave and McCann gets the Falkirk job?

Houchy
29-08-2009, 02:36 PM

I hope you're right. All the excitement about his imminent signing last year and I really can't believe how bad he's been. The signs were there, over the hill striker but could probably still do a job in the SPL but it's just not happened for him. Funny thing is that the hearts would probably have him in a second.

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I hope you're right. All the excitement about his imminent signing last year and I really can't believe how bad he's been. The signs were there, over the hill striker but could probably still do a job in the SPL but it's just not happened for him. Funny thing is that the hearts would probably have him in a second.

Funnier thing is he would probably get played in position and score a barrel load.

scoopyboy
29-08-2009, 02:53 PM

He probably could do a turn from the bench but in IMO all this would do is slow up the progress of Danny Galbraith. Would rather the laddie got match time in the hope he makes it.

Beefster
29-08-2009, 03:16 PM
No, no, no, no, no.

ancient hibee
29-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I think we should sign McCann-the more ex Falkirk players the better-they did so well last season.

vein
29-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Sorry L, disagree mate. JJ has not had enough of a chance, he was starting to show promise towards the end of the season.

Funnier thing is he would probably get played in position and score a barrel load.

:agree: Promise was shown when playing in that right position.

I would stick by JJ personally.

Storar
29-08-2009, 07:00 PM
JJ has made only 5 starts for Hibs and 4 sub appearances!
I'd keep him about for longer :agree:

Hamish
29-08-2009, 07:00 PM
No, no, no, no, no.

Fence sitting :bitchy:

WindyMiller
29-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Fence sitting :bitchy:

I can't stand these guys who dither around!

offshorehibby
29-08-2009, 08:12 PM
While he might do a job, i think the wages should be spent on longer term prospects also the youth at the club given the experience.