PDA

View Full Version : Steve lovell

poolman
29-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Getting ripped into Eddie May

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2612942/Mays-attitude-is-appalling.html

magpie1892
29-08-2009, 11:27 AM
I feel a bit sorry for May. He's clearly trying to cultivate this 'hard man' image as a manager for reasons unknown but what is also equally clear is that he's way out of his depth.

I give him until Xmas, tops.

jonathan
29-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Mays an idiot and it was only a matter of time before his ridiculous comments got him in trouble.

Lovells sueing may for defamation and the club for breach of contract. Serves them right! Diddy club run by donkeys.

Golden Bear
29-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Interesting story and I can't see Edide May lasting very long as a Manager.

I'm not sure of his coaching abilities, but from the evidence so far, his managerial and diplomacy skills leave a lot to be desired.

johnrebus
29-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Mays an idiot and it was only a matter of time before his ridiculous comments got him in trouble.

Lovells sueing may for defamation and the club for breach of contract. Serves them right! Diddy club run by donkeys.

Lets leave the ' Diddy Club ' stuff to the Yams and their like, eh ?

:bitchy:

Dr What If?
29-08-2009, 11:46 AM

This 'diddy club' are in the process of building one of the best stadiums in the country, are one of only 5 Scottish clubs with an operating professional training complext, are doing all this without getting the club into unmanageable debt and all of this with average crowds of only 5000.

Falkirk impress me greatly and I hope they can stay up. May doesn't strike me as the man to do it unfortunately but I am sure the board of this well run, professional, small club will review the clubs on field performance should it be required.

maturehibby
29-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I think it is a step too far for him as I think he should have learned a bit more from the old hands as an assistant before the step up - perhaps it is not too late for Alex Smith to pass on his sagely wisdom to him before it runs away from him.
always feel sorry for a Hibby no matter where he roams as his heart is still at ER

jakedance
29-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Exactly. They're a proper Scottish fitba club. Brockville was ace in its day too.

Kaiser_Sauzee
29-08-2009, 11:54 AM

:top marks

Cabbage East
29-08-2009, 12:03 PM

Don't agree with that at all.

IWasThere2016
29-08-2009, 12:17 PM
The 'Diddy club' comment is miles from the truth.

May needs to watch himself. His comments/actions are doing him nor FFC any favours.

Perspective
29-08-2009, 12:32 PM
This 'diddy club' are in the process of building one of the best stadiums in the country, are one of only 5 Scottish clubs with an operating professional training complext, are doing all this without getting the club into unmanageable debt and all of this with average crowds of only 5000.

Falkirk impress me greatly and I hope they can stay up. May doesn't strike me as the man to do it unfortunately but I am sure the board of this well run, professional, small club will review the clubs on field performance should it be required.

Agreed. There's a lot to admire about their youth policy too.

Always like to see them do well. They seem a well run club.

jax67
29-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Some poor things being said about Eddie May, him being an ex player of ours and all. It is Falkirk he's managing, isnt it? I cant see why anybody other than a Falkirk fan would be interested tbh.

Westie1875
29-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Some poor things being said about Eddie May, him being an ex player of ours and all. It is Falkirk he's managing, isnt it? I cant see why anybody other than a Falkirk fan would be interested tbh.

Perhaps something to do with the comments he made about Yogi when he took over, made quite a few snidey remarks.

Golden Bear
29-08-2009, 12:38 PM

He didn't cover himself in glory last weekend when he accused Hibs of being a team of all in wrestlers!

Sour grapes or what?!

magnificent_seven
29-08-2009, 12:56 PM
May's attitude does stink. Lovell got it spot on. May deserves to fall flat on his arse.

down-the-slope
29-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Bet Yogi is glad he did not bring May with him to ER.....or maybe he already knew:rolleyes:

IndieHibby
29-08-2009, 01:26 PM
What a fud.

Aubenas
29-08-2009, 01:40 PM
May and Yogi did not get on.
We were saying last week as we arrived at the ground that the way Falkirk are run would be a good template for smaller community based clubs in SCotland.

--------
29-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Absolutely.

No place for that sort of comment. Falkirk have worked very hard to get into, and stay in, the top division, and I too hope they stay up.

They're exactly where we are with the development of the stadium - three stands up, one to go - and have tried to play decent football on a tight budget.

Like Aubenas says - if some othet smaller community clubs organised themselves the way Falkirk have, football in Scotland would be a lot healthier. Nice stadium, proper modern training facilities, books that balance and a team that tries to play football. No way are Falkirk a DIDDY club.

basehibby
29-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds from this interview like May has made some very rash and ill considered comments - I'm sure his intentions are good - ie. he wants everyone pulling their weight for his club - but it seems he's been throwing the baby out with the bathwater - reminds me a bit of JC getting rid of players like Sproule cos they didn't fit into his ultrra-fit work ethic (presumably).
Nothing wrong with a good work ethic but it's naive to promote that above all else - talented players are not necessarily work horses and a bit of arm around the shoulder prompting and cajolling will often work better than the sledgehammer approach May seems to be adopting.

--------
29-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Sounds from this interview like May has made some very rash and ill considered comments - I'm sure his intentions are good - ie. he wants everyone pulling their weight for his club - but it seems he's been throwing the baby out with the bathwater - reminds me a bit of JC getting rid of players like Sproule cos they didn't fit into his ultrra-fit work ethic (presumably).
Nothing wrong with a good work ethic but it's naive to promote that above all else - talented players are not necessarily work horses and a bit of arm around the shoulder prompting and cajolling will often work better than the sledgehammer approach May seems to be adopting.

Yup.

I wonder what Eddie's six-pack looks like? :rolleyes:

jonathan
29-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Be interested to see if any of the radio commentators ask about this in the post match interviews.

The_Todd
29-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Diddy club run by donkeys.

I can't agree.

I quite like Falkirk.

Biggie
29-08-2009, 04:41 PM
awe diddums, that bad man eddie may said summit bad about me !...boo ****ing hoo......grow a pair lovell and show him on the park. Greeting to his lawyer...have a word.
No idea about Eddie May as a manager, but I liked him as a hibs player...so good luck to him, however if results keep going the way their going, he might not be gaffer for long.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2009, 06:06 PM
The diddy comment is a load of tosh for the reasons already stated. Falkirk are one of the strongest, best-run clubs in Scotland, who have no delusions of grandeur but have cut their cloth admirably and made brilliant but sustainable progress.

Would like to see EM do well, but agree that it could be a job too far at this stage of his career. Eddie seems to be getting into the sad game of ramping himself up as some kind of hard nut/disciplinarian, perhaps in order to move out of the big shadow Yogi would inevitably cast over any future appointee to that post.

The tragedy is that he's a very nice, smart guy who is worthy of respect. If you want to assert yourself in the job, Edwardo, just be yourself.

ancient hibee
29-08-2009, 06:40 PM
News Sensation.

Manager doesn't rate player.

May did exactly the right thing.Lovell is a guy who has had fitness and some other problems for a couple of years.He was at the higher end of the Falkirk pay scale and the option of another year so Falkirk would have been paying out for him to be on the treatment table.So May sticks it up him and he takes his teddy bear and walks.Excellent tactics by May.If someone gets upset about a few harsh words what'll he do when big Wilkie tries to deposit him in row ZZ.