PDA

View Full Version : Games in Sydney

HibeesLA
29-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey guys,

I've just arrived in Sydney, and wondered which of the pubs is the best to go watch the Celtic game tomorrow night? Seen a couple mentioned on here, but any help from the locals would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve-O
29-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey guys,

I've just arrived in Sydney, and wondered which of the pubs is the best to go watch the Celtic game tomorrow night? Seen a couple mentioned on here, but any help from the locals would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers Bar - George St :agree:

http://www.cheersbar.com.au/Sports.htm

Edinburgh Green
29-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Or the Irish bar 'bout a 100 yards down the road, can't mind it's name, I watched the derby there at the nd of last season.

HibeesLA
29-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Thanks. I'm at the Sheraton just round the corner on Elizabeth street, so walking distance to there.

Iain G
30-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Hey, might see you there! Off to see the Phoenix in Sydney before hand and staying on George Street so its just down the road :agree::thumbsup:

Steve-O
30-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Hey, might see you there! Off to see the Phoenix in Sydney before hand and staying on George Street so its just down the road :agree::thumbsup:

Lucky bassa :greengrin

HibeesLA
30-08-2009, 06:58 AM

Staying at the Sheraton on Hyde Park, so I'll grab some dinner, then head round for the game.

Iain G
31-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Lucky bassa :greengrin

You think?? :greengrin

Staying at the Sheraton on Hyde Park, so I'll grab some dinner, then head round for the game.

Did you make it to the pub, was looking out for someone looking tanned and LA cool but didn't see anyone, but the place seemed to generallly be full of weegie-lovers who only started singing when they were winning, funny that, bit of a dodgy client base they have in there too, 2 bouncers working on a Sunday night!

HibeesLA
31-08-2009, 07:34 AM

Did you make it to the pub, was looking out for someone looking tanned and LA cool but didn't see anyone, but the place seemed to generallly be full of weegie-lovers who only started singing when they were winning, funny that, bit of a dodgy client base they have in there too, 2 bouncers working on a Sunday night!

Yeah, managed to make it along. Was standing off to the side until they scored, then spotted the only people not celebrating, so figured that was the Hibs end. Stood there chatting to them for the rest of the game. There was a couple of ok guys from the celtic crowd, but the rest were to be left alone, including the guy trying to start up the IRA songs :rolleyes:

Saw a couple of people being kicked out the pub early doors as well, so don't think I'll be heading back anytime soon.

Steve-O
31-08-2009, 08:28 AM

Aye maybe not in retrospect :greengrin

Iain G
31-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, managed to make it along. Was standing off to the side until they scored, then spotted the only people not celebrating, so figured that was the Hibs end. Stood there chatting to them for the rest of the game. There was a couple of ok guys from the celtic crowd, but the rest were to be left alone, including the guy trying to start up the IRA songs :rolleyes:

Saw a couple of people being kicked out the pub early doors as well, so don't think I'll be heading back anytime soon.

Ahh were you the blondish guy getting pestered by that annoying looking Sellick-tosser, me and the Mrs were propping up the pillar behind you, was going to come say hello but the abundance of drunk SellickFootballClubers around you was off putting!!

Yeah dodgy bar according to one of our friends in Sydney who just lauged when we told him where we had gone!

Did you see that really fat bird who had no neck, jeezo... :greengrin