PDA

View Full Version : Paul Dalglish Loved Hibs

Worcester Hibby
28-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I haven't posted for about 100 years, but had to let you all know what a star Paul Dalglish is. I noticed he was on twitter today and couldn't resist sending him a message which mentioned Hibs. Within minutes he had replied saying:

"I was happy being part of a brilliant team and being used when needed. Some great players there at the time was just good to be part of! Mowbray was brilliant. He wanted me to stay but just fancied the American adventure. Loved my time in Edinburgh though."

He's busy running soccer schools for kids in the states at the moment and trying to help raise awareness of his mums cancer charity http://www.marinadalglishappeal.org/

Got to say, he may not have been the greatest player ever to pull on the green jersey, but the man is a class act these days. Nice to hear an ex player who only has good things to say about the club.

New Corrie
28-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I haven't posted for about 100 years, but had to let you all know what a star Paul Dalglish is. I noticed he was on twitter today and couldn't resist sending him a message which mentioned Hibs. Within minutes he had replied saying:

"I was happy being part of a brilliant team and being used when needed. Some great players there at the time was just good to be part of! Mowbray was brilliant. He wanted me to stay but just fancied the American adventure. Loved my time in Edinburgh though."

He's busy running soccer schools for kids in the states at the moment and trying to help raise awareness of his mums cancer charity http://www.marinadalglishappeal.org/

Got to say, he may not have been the greatest player ever to pull on the green jersey, but the man is a class act these days. Nice to hear an ex player who only has good things to say about the club.

I met him when he was here and what a really nice genuine bloke he seemed.

A cracking guy, I hope he is doing well!

PISTOL1875
28-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Another think he loved was the nightlife... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RickyS
28-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Another think he loved was the nightlife... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I loved his sister:greengrin sorry Paul if you read this, but that is one gorgeous gal:top marks

Houchy
28-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Player that always gave his all when asked and no-matter where he played, was always going to be under massive pressure.

I agree about his sister aswell.

PISTOL1875
28-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I loved his sister:greengrin sorry Paul if you read this, but that is one gorgeous gal:top marks

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I always thought he got criticised too much. Scored a cracking late winner against Killie (?).

500miles
28-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Pretty underrated player IMO.

He was quick, could put himself about a bit, and he knew where the goals were. We could have used him a few times after he left tbh.

Cabbage East
28-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Thought he was a good player, seem to remember him having a hand in Benji's winner against the filth.

alphahibby
28-08-2009, 05:43 PM

where is she now?

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2009, 05:44 PM
where is she now?

She was doing touchline reporting for Setanta.