PDA

View Full Version : Scott Arfield - latest: Yogi says no deals today (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Tricla
28-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Guy at my work who is mates with the Arfield family has received a text from Scotts big brother saying that Scott is on the way to ER with his bro and his mum for talks.

His mum does all of the agent stuff. He used to employ Charlie Nicholas apparently but emtied him for sitting in his erchie doing eff all.

Fingers crossed.

Baw187
28-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Guy at my work who is mates with the Arfield family has received a text from Scotts big brother saying that Scott is on the way to ER with his bro and his mum for talks.

His mum does all of the agent stuff. He used to employ Charlie Nicholas apparently but emtied him for sitting in his erchie doing eff all.

Fingers crossed.

:faf:

Bet he gets a ripping for that !!!

Can just see the chat wi Petrie.

Rod - this is what we're offering son

Scott - aye, sounds good Mr Petrie

Scott's ma - Be quiet Scott. Mr Petrie, I think my little super star is worth more than that !!

Hermit Crab
28-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Hope this is true. Good move if it is :greengrin

hibsbollah
28-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Hope this is true. Good move if it is :greengrin

I agree. Good move having your mum present at contract negotiations, I always take mine with me:agree:

Hermit Crab
28-08-2009, 02:08 PM
I agree. Good move having your mum present at contract negotiations, I always take mine with me:agree:

:faf: I wonder if she treats his injuries aswell:wink:

HibeeSince82
28-08-2009, 02:08 PM
kisses his sore knee better :faf:

col02
28-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe the fact the lad has his mum as his agent or advisor shows he is a bit more grounded than most of the other modern day SPL stars who have random agents only concerned about their commission rather than their client's long term well being.

Captain Trips
Why didnt Kevin Thomshun do that with his mum, give her agents job then she wouldnt have been struggling.

Hibercelona
I can see it now.... a player makes a crunching tackle on him...

And his mum runs onto the pitch in a fit of rage... handbag at the ready. :wink:

hibsbollah
Maybe the fact the lad has his mum as his agent or advisor shows he is a bit more grounded than most of the other modern day SPL stars who have random agents only concerned about their commission rather than their client's long term well being.

Nope, he'd just rather sit morose playing with his DS while his mum does all the work:greengrin

HibeeSince82
28-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Nope, he'd just rather sit morose playing with his DS while his mum does all the work:greengrin

I wonder if she has handy wipes for before and after shaking mr.petries hand :greengrin

zlatan
28-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Potential to be the next Kevin Thomson in more ways than one.

Martin
28-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Fingers crossed.

No chance

EH6 Hibby
28-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Why didnt Kevin Thomshun do that with his mum, give her agents job then she wouldnt have been struggling.

She didn't have the time, she worked 23 hours a day in the nursing home remember! :devil:

Captain Trips
28-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Dont understand why they dont just do it themselves, cant see how hard it is tbh, not like they have lots to do.

They wanna try arranging a job interview whilst you are in a job.

Green Man

And his mum runs onto the pitch in a fit of rage... handbag at the ready. :wink:

Did that not happen in a boxing match a few years back?

Tricla

:agree:

I agree. Seems like he's not interested in paying an agent megabucks for doing nowt. As I said he's tried Nicholas and all he did was get him an Umbro deal and sat the rest of the time doing SFA and getting paid for it.

At least his mum won't be in it for the cash and will only want the best for him.

Good move if you ask me. Agents are the :devil:

Tricla
28-08-2009, 02:19 PM
No chance

Why?

cammy1969
28-08-2009, 02:21 PM
if its true and hes on his way for talk's then we must have agreed a fee with falkirk

Martin
28-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Why?

Brother is in Tenerife

Peevemor
28-08-2009, 02:26 PM

A bit off topic, but when Colin Cameron played for Raith, his old dear used to give those around her in the stand a row every time they called him Mickey instead of Colin. :thumbsup:

Tricla
28-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Brother is in Tenerife

Well my source tells me he was in Ibiza last week. He was there with him.

:wink:

Peevemor
28-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Maybe it's his brother that gets the agent's fees - what with all these holidays he takes. :dunno:

ChilliEater
28-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Eddie May is quoted in the EEN as saying he's looking to sign an experienced striker (as well as keeping Barr, Arfield, Flynn and Scobbie, it must be said).
I think they were rumoured to be wanting a million for Arfield. Maybe something over 500K plus JJ would tempt them?

Cropley10
28-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Brother is in Tenerife

So either someone's talkin Nade or.... he's got two brothers.

bingo70
28-08-2009, 02:29 PM
A bit off topic, but when Colin Cameron played for Raith, his old dear used to give those around her in the stand a row every time they called him Mickey instead of Colin. :thumbsup:

Did Pat Mcginley's wife not used to go raj at the games as well? Sure she used to be a bit of a mentalist in the old main stand.

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Brother is in Tenerife

Either that or Arfield isn't reliant on his brother being in Scotland before he signs for another club?

Tricla
28-08-2009, 02:31 PM

No Nade here.

My source play's 5's with Scotts bro every Friday night.

Including tonight.

Shrekko
28-08-2009, 02:34 PM
No Nade here.

Including tonight.

Assuming he's back from ER and dropped his mum off in time.

Dr Jimmy
28-08-2009, 02:34 PM

I remember someone getting shouted at by Paul Tosh's mum during a game at St Johnstone.
The guy responded by asking if she could find something better for him to do on a Saturday!

Hibee87
28-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Either that or Arfield isn't reliant on his brother being in Scotland before he signs for another club?

And the wonderful age of technology of texting form abroad is in full swing :duck:

RoxburghHibs
28-08-2009, 02:38 PM
No Nade here.

Including tonight.

I got shot down by some on this MB when I posted that Riordan was coming back and to be fair a couple of people have since apologised.

So I for one will give you the benfit of the doubt!

Hope you are right as this will be a cracking signing for us.

Rivers Cuomo
28-08-2009, 02:39 PM
:pray::pray:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2009, 02:41 PM
No Nade here.

Including tonight.

Is the 5's in Tenerife though?

Tricla
28-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Livi

Expecting Rain
28-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I don`t care who his agent is or who leaked the news, i just hope he signs as he is another class player and following the signing of Stokes Hibs are starting to show they mean business, its been a long time coming.

Leith Green
28-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I just heard from an entirely different source that Arfield is coming to Hibs in this window and Barr on a January Bosman, probs get him on the cheap in Jan.

Source is someone close to Yogi and Falkirk... Guy is a good Hibbie too !!

TornadoHibby
28-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Livi

Tricia, I really do hope that there is something in this one as I believe he would make a great difference to the balance of our team and add a few goals from midfield too! :agree:

I also like the fact that you are not using smilies in your responses and posts as the one above could have been done like this "Livi :wink:" to recognise that NH seems to be trying to wind you up a bit! :cool2:

Your eye does seem to be on the ball on this one! :wink:

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Sprouleflyer
28-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I don`t care who his agent is or who leaked the news, i just hope he signs as he is another class player and following the signing of Stokes Hibs are starting to show they mean business, its been a long time coming.

Sounds like you're getting excited Churchy!!!

If only we could find a replacement for Hogg!!! :greengrin

Petrie's Tache
28-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I just heard from an entirely different source that Arfield is coming to Hibs in this window and Barr on a January Bosman, probs get him on the cheap in Jan.

Source is someone close to Yogi and Falkirk... Guy is a good Hibbie too !!

Still think we can get him this window as Falkirk would rather sell than get nothing for him.

Petrie's Tache
28-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Tricia, I really do hope that there is something in this one as I believe he would make a great difference to the balance of our team and add a few goals from midfield too! :agree:

I also like the fact that you are not using smilies in your responses and posts as the one above could have been done like this "Livi :wink:" to recognise that NH seems to be trying to wind you up a bit! :cool2:

Your eye does seem to be on the ball on this one! :wink:

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

MacBean
28-08-2009, 02:56 PM

Maybe it's his brother that gets the agent's fees - what with all these holidays he takes. :dunno:

No Nade here.

Including tonight.

Does nobody know that you can text from abroad!! :wink:

Expecting Rain
28-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Sounds like you're getting excited Churchy!!!

If only we could find a replacement for Hogg!!! :greengrin

I am getting excited, signing decent players, as for the capitano i`m keeping a diplomatic silence on the subject.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Talking of taking relatives with you to signing on negotations .........

When Hibs contacted Eddie Turnbull and asked him to ER for talks, Eddie's Dad made his other son go with him and the lads left home with a 'don't sign anything until you've thought it through properly.'

Eddie's brother was charged with the task of making sure things went well. When they arrived Willie McCartney offered them a whisky which Eddie refused being a non drinker but his brother accepted. Several whiskies later the dotted line was signed and the rest as they say is history :greengrin

If you're reading this Rod, Mrs. A should be plied with drink, ok?

TornadoHibby
28-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Aye ok, but if he's abroad how does he go to ER this afternoon or play 5's at Livi later on tonight! :dunno: :hmmm: :wink:

SquashedFrogg
28-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Aye ok, but if he's abroad how does he go to ER this afternoon or play 5's at Livi later on tonight! :dunno: :hmmm: :wink:

Teleportation? :dunno:

Hibernian Verse
28-08-2009, 03:41 PM

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Yes, hence my post. :wink:

McIntosh
28-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Did Pat Mcginley's wife not used to go raj at the games as well? Sure she used to be a bit of a mentalist in the old main stand.

correct, Margaret really cared about him and the club. She was a little bit older than him and met him in Blackpool, I remember when she burst into tears when we got beat at Dundee and relegation was looming. The stress levels were massive.

MacBean
28-08-2009, 03:52 PM

Teleportation? :dunno:

I read the OP as Arfiled was on the way with his mum, not his brother was on the way with arfield and his mum....

wazoo1875
28-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Talking of taking relatives with you to signing on negotations .........

When Hibs contacted Eddie Turnbull and asked him to ER for talks, Eddie's Dad made his other son go with him and the lads left home with a 'don't sign anything until you've thought it through properly.'

Eddie's brother was charged with the task of making sure things went well. When they arrived Willie McCartney offered them a whisky which Eddie refused being a non drinker but his brother accepted. Several whiskies later the dotted line was signed and the rest as they say is history :greengrin

Mmmmm i wonder if Tom Hart used the same tactics to get George Best to sign :greengrin
Or was it the suitcase of money each week that secured that particular deal.
That's a good story JonnyBoy

Wilson
28-08-2009, 04:05 PM

Aye but it is common courtesy to get off her first.

RigRoars
28-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Aye but it is common courtesy to get off her first.

:tee hee:

TornadoHibby
28-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I read the OP as Arfiled was on the way with his mum, not his brother was on the way with arfield and his mum....

Which words of the bit in bold below is it that you can't see then? :wink: :greengrin

Fingers crossed.

down-the-slope
28-08-2009, 05:25 PM

Cause your a woose and she is hard as nails to deal with :wink:

HibbyKeith
28-08-2009, 05:27 PM
any more news regarding the OP?

I'm_cabbaged
28-08-2009, 05:33 PM

Aye she certainly had a fair pair of lungs on her. :agree:

danger1875
28-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I remember someone getting shouted at by Paul Tosh's mum during a game at St Johnstone.
The guy responded by asking if she could find something better for him to do on a Saturday!

it was his girlfriend at the time that replied, also stated he made more money than all off us put together, girl was class, oh and wrong

ancient hibee
28-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Been a hold up in Arfield transfer-mum has been signed by mistake-in goals on Sunday.

VegasHibby
28-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Eddie May is quoted in the EEN as saying he's looking to sign an experienced striker (as well as keeping Barr, Arfield, Flynn and Scobbie, it must be said).
I think they were rumoured to be wanting a million for Arfield. Maybe something over 500K plus JJ would tempt them?

Here's waht May had to say in the ******

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/08/28/falkirk-boss-fears-losing-captain-without-compensation-86908-21630494/

RickyS
28-08-2009, 06:56 PM

think JJ's wage would stop that deal

hibsbollah
28-08-2009, 07:00 PM
think JJ's wage would stop that deal

Not to mention JJ's mum, she's been to Falkirk:greengrin

DirtyDeeds
28-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I too have been informed of this deal (not the mum and bro part!). Family member is still good mates with Scott after their days together in youth football, says it will go through by the end of the window. Deal is going to be worth 450k-650k to Falkirk dependant on the usual type of criteria being met ie appearances, league placings, international games etc with a future percentage squeezed in too, but not a big one. Also said the Stokes deal has cost 800k over the three years, with the player receiving a percentage of a future fee as a sweetener for accepting a lower wage. Sunderland received something but nothing in the future as they were happy to let him go, never going to play and Bruce not the type to deny a guy the opportunity to play the game.

Not entirely convinced by the numbers involved (why would Arfield know about the Stokes deal?) but the source is solid and has better things to do with his time than make up fairytales. But i wont commit to a beany bath should this not happen!! :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

RickyS
28-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I too have been informed of this deal (not the mum and bro part!). Family member is still good mates with Scott after their days together in youth football, says it will go through by the end of the window. Deal is going to be worth 450k-650k to Falkirk dependant on the usual type of criteria being met ie appearances, league placings, international games etc with a future percentage squeezed in too, but not a big one. Also said the Stokes deal has cost 800k over the three years, with the player receiving a percentage of a future fee as a sweetener for accepting a lower wage. Sunderland received something but nothing in the future as they were happy to let him go, never going to play and Bruce not the type to deny a guy the opportunity to play the game.

Not entirely convinced by the numbers involved (why would Arfield know about the Stokes deal?) but the source is solid and has better things to do with his time than make up fairytales. But i wont commit to a beany bath should this not happen!! :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Can only hope these rumours turn out to be true. the Yams must be spewin.
God I love supporting the wee team:jamboak:

Cropley10
28-08-2009, 08:17 PM

I'll believe it when it happens.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Mmmmm i wonder if Tom Hart used the same tactics to get George Best to sign :greengrin
Or was it the suitcase of money each week that secured that particular deal.

That's a good story JonnyBoy

£2,000 per week reportedly!

wazoo1875
28-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I'll bet you could get a lot for £2000 a week/game back then eh . Worth every penny just to say George Best played for my team :agree:

Jonnyboy
28-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I'll bet you could get a lot for £2000 a week/game back then eh . Worth every penny just to say George Best played for my team :agree:

Aye, he was overweight and overpaid but he was fantastic and we can say we had a genuine star playing for Hibs :greengrin

wazoo1875
28-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Aye, he was overweight and overpaid but he was fantastic and we can say we had a genuine star playing for Hibs :greengrin
My dad took me to his first game at ER , can't remember anything of it :greengrin
But i was at Jackie Macs Testimonial against the toon , i can remember more of that and am proud to say i saw him turn out for us .
There must be some games of football going on up there :cool2:

surreyhibbie
28-08-2009, 09:02 PM

He was still head and shoulders above everyone on the park.:agree: sublime to watch what he could do with a ball.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2009, 09:03 PM
He was still head and shoulders above everyone on the park.:agree: sublime to watch what he could do with a ball.

Totally agree :agree: I mean even Ally MacLeod looked quite ordinary next to him :greengrin

MSK
28-08-2009, 09:04 PM
He was still head and shoulders above everyone on the park.:agree: sublime to watch what he could do with a ball.Loved that goal he scored v Celtic when he almost put Latchford (i think) through the net wi the ball ..:greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Loved that goal he scored v Celtic when he almost put Latchford (i think) through the net wi the ball ..:greengrin

You mean this one K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KemP8PRzo

MSK
28-08-2009, 09:10 PM
You mean this one K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KemP8PRzo

:greengrinThe very same J ..superb ...:thumbsup:

surreyhibbie
28-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Totally agree :agree: I mean even Ally MacLeod looked quite ordinary next to him :greengrin

The first few games, he was wasted as most of the players were standing admiring his skills. Then Ralph Callaghan learned to move into space whenever Georgie got the ball. Found him every single time. :greengrin

Aubenas
28-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I know Scott. He is totally sound, as are his family. Yogi has spoken to him. His views on Yogi going to Hibs: "Good move - it's a bigger club than Falkirk so you get a lot more scouts at games." If he believes that, then there's a good chance he'll consider a move to Hibs himself.. Last he said - "Don't know, - anything will be in last couple of days of window."

Not claiming to know anything, about a transfer - but all of this is fact.

Petrie's Tache
28-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I know Scott. He is totally sound, as are his family. Yogi has spoken to him. His views on Yogi going to Hibs: "Good move - it's a bigger club than Falkirk so you get a lot more scouts at games." If he believes that, then there's a good chance he'll consider a move to Hibs himself.. Last he said - "Don't know, - anything will be in last couple of days of window."

Not claiming to know anything - but all of this is fact.

mim
28-08-2009, 10:42 PM

It was actually £2000 per game. :agree:
No play no pay - and that happened a couple of times. :boo hoo:

Hart paid Besty out of his own pocket and, with the number of extra bums on seats when he played, he would not be out of pocket.

Dibs Haft
28-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Tricia is spot on.
All should be revealed tomorrow.
However, Arfield's mum is NOT his agent, he just simply has enough respect for her that he won't take any decision lightly given that she has sacrificed so much for him and his bro for 20+ yrs, even thru a sometimes painful illness.
Personally I think the offer that is going in will sadly be rejected.
I hope Petrie will see fit to increase it if it falls short as from Arfield's point of view Hughes knows how to get the best from him, and from Hibs point of view we get a talented workhorse who WONT be hitting the front page headlines instead of the back page headlines.....

jgl07
28-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Aye when he wasn't in some bar puking up and missing the match.

Also Hibs got relegated. Looks a poor deal to me.

jgl07
28-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Meanwhile 'Passenger Pat' would don his cloak of invisibility and disappear from the match.

HibbyAndy
28-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Meanwhile 'Passenger Pat' would don his cloak of invisibility and disappear from the match.

No many goalscoring midfielders now like Pat Mginlay:agree:

Top Hibs player

Petrie's Tache
28-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Tricia is spot on.
However, Arfield's mum is NOT his agent, he just simply has enough respect for her that he won't take any decision lightly given that she has sacrificed so much for him and his bro for 20+ yrs, even thru a sometimes painful illness.
I hope Petrie will see fit to increase it if it falls short as from Arfield's point of view Hughes knows how to get the best from him, and from Hibs point of view we get a talented workhorse who WONT be hitting the front page headlines instead of the back page headlines.....

If as Tricla has stated, he was at ER for talks, that would suggest to me the offer was acceptable for FFC.

H18sry
28-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Tricia is spot on.

Hope your wrong, :greengrin but interesting 1st post, welcome aboard :wink:

wazoo1875
28-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Of course he did , i'm pretty sure Pat played in more games for Hibs than all but a handfull . He hid in them all did he :yawn:
Twat

mayo hibee
28-08-2009, 11:12 PM
If as Tricla has stated, he was at ER for talks, that would suggest to me the offer was acceptable for FFC.

I think the offer he is referring to is the offer of personal terms to Arfield, and I get the impression from that post that he is very close to those involved...

poolman
28-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Tricia is spot on.

The plot thickens :hmmm:

the happy hibee
28-08-2009, 11:32 PM

Well said brian he was a joy to watch (when he turned up).:top marks

BSEJVT
29-08-2009, 08:00 AM

Way way up there in contention for the most ridiculous post ever made on Hibs net IMO.

For about 4 or 5 seasons maybe more McGinlay was up there with the top goal scoring midfielders in the country in an average Hibs side.

I often wonder about some of the posters on here and if they know anything at all about football.

Saorsa
29-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Meanwhile 'Passenger Pat' would don his cloak of invisibility and disappear from the match.Utter nonsense IMO.

Hal Jordan
29-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Pat McGinlay was one of my Easter Road heroes as a young laddie. Even forgave him for going to the smellies for a year.
Legendary Hibee: 4th place for appearances, 3rd place for league goals.
Passenger my arse.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm convinced this anti-McGinlay hijack post was made in order to start a flurry of outraged posting on the Arfield thread to make people thinking something was actually happening on this front.

Borders Hibby
29-08-2009, 08:21 AM

Total Nade! My fav player, honest, hard working, bit of skill and great eye fr a goal and no lack of commitment to get in the right areas.:agree:

Golden Bear
29-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Total Nade! My fav player, honest, hard working, bit of skill and great eye fr a goal and no lack of commitment to get in the right areas.:agree:

A very fair asssessment I'd say.

Pat used to ghost his way into the penalty box and inflict the damage before the opposition knew he was there.

Borders Hibby
29-08-2009, 08:34 AM

A very fair asssessment I'd say.

Pat used to ghost his way into the penalty box and inflict the damage before the opposition knew he was there.

With his head or either foot. His wife did make some noise in the main stand though!:agree:

Borders Hibby
29-08-2009, 08:41 AM
With his head or either foot. His wife did make some noise in the main stand though!:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uijRd7HH5A

Love the purple!:cool2:

Cocaine&Caviar
29-08-2009, 08:46 AM
_________Maka
DVZ___Hogg__Bamba_Hanlon

_________Murray
______Cregg___Arfield

Zemmama________Riordan
_________Stokes

Quality, worthy of 3rd place...

IWasThere2016
29-08-2009, 08:48 AM
There's many ways of overcoming the personal terms .. Especially as Arfield is in a long-term deal with Falkirk which Hibs can trump.

RP will need to entice him with golden hello/handshake, staged wage increases and bonuses. This will take time, however.

IMHO it's still very possible to achieve win:win and the clubs must have agreed terms before Hibs spoke to the player. Talks wouldn't have started otherwise.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2009, 08:51 AM
_________Maka
DVZ___Hogg__Bamba_Hanlon

_________Murray
______Cregg___Arfield

Zemmama________Riordan
_________Stokes

Quality, worthy of 3rd place...

Hmmm....

matty_f
29-08-2009, 08:52 AM
There's many ways of overcoming the personal terms .. Especially as Arfield is in a long-term deal with Falkirk which Hibs can trump.

RP will need to entice him with golden hello/handshake, staged wage increases and bonuses. This will take time, however.

IMHO it's still very possible to achieve win:win and the clubs must have agreed terms before Hibs spoke to the player. Talks wouldn't have started otherwise.

:agree: That's what I thought too - is it not the norm that clubs have sounded out player's agents (at least:wink:) before putting bids in?

If we've got to the stage where we're bidding then I'm guessing Arfield would be happy enough with what we're offering.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Hmmm....

DVZ Ill give you, but Maka and Hogg are decent SPL players, and if we could get Barr come January, that'll be RB sorted, until bamba leaves anyway...

Danderhall Hibs
29-08-2009, 09:00 AM
DVZ Ill give you, but Maka and Hogg are decent SPL players, and if we could get Barr come January, that'll be RB sorted, until bamba leaves anyway...

I think Barr will be signed as a centre-half. It's only Eddie May that thinks he's a RB. Yogi's biggest mistake so far has been making Hogg captain, unless Hogg can play RB?

Tomsk
29-08-2009, 09:12 AM

A bit of truth in that.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I like Hogg and I think that when he's on his game he is a very good player. Recently this has not been so evident (perhaps the captaincy has had an effect on him?) I'm sure that Yogi will make any changes to the squad that he deems to be necessary for the good of the club. If that means taking the captaincy away from Hogg so he can focus on just playing then that's what he will do. There are some good candidates in the team for captaincy so we are not short in that dept.

Dibs Haft
29-08-2009, 09:26 AM

When I say spot on, I refer to the fact theres an offer going in....Arfield went nowhere near ER. Personal terms not too bad, not gonna reveal them tho. Its the club offer that may be too low. Hopefully its just testing the water though and the realistic offer will come before tues. Arfield is worth far more than Petrie's offer but probably only in terms of championship clubs. Its all relative, the fair market value of a player depends on the market. I cant see Petrie offering championship money for him. Yogi makes no secret of the fact he is aiming for an english club eventually. He is a smart cookie. I believe by the time he goes he will want the young man he brought through the Falkirk academy to follow him. Much easier to take Arfield down south with him from Hibs, than to buy him from a rival english club at a later date. In last 3 seasons at Falkirk did you ever see an interview with Yogi where he DIDN'T mention Arfield. He knows he is going places and wants that place to be wherever he himself ends up.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-08-2009, 09:29 AM
When I say spot on, I refer to the fact theres an offer going in....Arfield went nowhere near ER. Personal terms not too bad, not gonna reveal them tho. Its the club offer that may be too low. Hopefully its just testing the water though and the realistic offer will come before tues. Arfield is worth far more than Petrie's offer but probably only in terms of championship clubs. Its all relative, the fair market value of a player depends on the market. I cant see Petrie offering championship money for him. Yogi makes no secret of the fact he is aiming for an english club eventually. He is a smart cookie. I believe by the time he goes he will want the young man he brought through the Falkirk academy to follow him. Much easier to take Arfield down south with him from Hibs, than to buy him from a rival english club at a later date. In last 3 seasons at Falkirk did you ever see an interview with Yogi where he DIDN'T mention Arfield. He knows he is going places and wants that place to be wherever he himself ends up.

Can't have one without the other. Offer needs to be accepted first before personal terms can even begin.

Dibs Haft
29-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Can't have one without the other. Offer needs to be accepted first before personal terms can even begin.

Of course, that is the rule. I must be mistaken :wink:

jst1875
29-08-2009, 09:37 AM

i would imagine hibs have spoken to his agent, along the lines of
......... we are considering a bid for arfield, if its accepted what kind of wages would he be looking for ?
:dunno:

copycat
29-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Nope, a club can give permission for a player to speak to another club without a fee being agreed, unusual and normally happens if the player has asked to speak to them or the board have told the manager they need cash.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I think Barr will be signed as a centre-half. It's only Eddie May that thinks he's a RB. Yogi's biggest mistake so far has been making Hogg captain, unless Hogg can play RB?

I think Barr will probably be signed for a nominal fee in January, and bamba wont leave until after the World Cup in the Summer, therefore we have a 6 month spell with both of them, and it makes sense to play Barr in our weakest area of the team, RB.

Toaods
29-08-2009, 10:13 AM

:greengrin that is certainly the line Yogi will be giving Arfield and his Mum. Who are all these Championship clubs that are about to sign him? none that I have read of. Fact is Yogi wants him and Arfield wants the move as he knows what he will get with the management duo in place and likely to remain there.

When Petrie plays hardball there's only one winner...not sure Mrs Arfield will smoke him out too much, though she may be led to believe she was 'won' the negociations....:cool2:

ancient hibee
29-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Doubt very much if there are any teams in for Arfield-including us.

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2009, 11:05 AM
A man and his son were in a car crash, and had to go to the operating theatre. The doctor said "I cannot operate on this patient, he is my son".

Still, Arfields mum will be good for running him to training eh?

Hibernian Verse
29-08-2009, 11:12 AM

Richard Dunne was at Villa a couple of days ago discussing terms before a fee was agreed between the clubs...

Hibs90
29-08-2009, 11:13 AM

I don't believe you somehow. :greengrin

basehibby
29-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Is jgl short for jongleurs? If so then don't give up the day job - McGinley was very far from being a passenger for Hibs - or indeed for Celtic for whom he was top scorer in his one season there. Sheesh he even made a profit for us when he came back FFS :bitchy:
Give me a passenger any day who scores 10+ goals a season from midfield!

Arfield will be a great signing if Rodders can pull it off - but he'll be doing very well indeed if he can contribute as much to the Hibee cause as "Pscycho" Pat did over the years.

--------
29-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Rubbish. :bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
29-08-2009, 02:12 PM
So so much Nade in this post :agree:

scoopyboy
29-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Arfield and Barr in the starting line up today.

Was hoping they might have been left out as they were signing for us.

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Arfield and Barr in the starting line up today.

Was hoping they might have been left out as they were signing for us.

What you heard scoopy, or is it just a hope?

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I think Barr will probably be signed for a nominal fee in January, and bamba wont leave until after the World Cup in the Summer, therefore we have a 6 month spell with both of them, and it makes sense to play Barr in our weakest area of the team, RB.

Or get a loan deal in for the season i.e Ayling and sign him on a pre-contract in Jan and pay them nothing:wink:

scoopyboy
29-08-2009, 02:48 PM
What you heard scoopy, or is it just a hope?

Heard that Hibs are wanting both although no idea if it is going to happen.

I would rather get both this window.

It's all very well saying wait until January and get Barr on a pre contract but if he has a good first half to the season clubs could be falling over themselves to get him.

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Heard that Hibs are wanting both although no idea if it is going to happen.

I would rather get both this window.

It's all very well saying wait until January and get Barr on a pre contract but if he has a good first half to the season clubs could be falling over themselves to get him.

Me to mate, was only pointing it out as an option. I think a fee for Barr shouldn't be too much of a problem. 150k should suffice, plus add ons. Arfiled cash plus a couple of fringe players and sort out the staged payment plan etc for the laddie.:agree:

scoopyboy
29-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Me to mate, was only pointing it out as an option. I think a fee for Barr shouldn't be too much of a problem. 150k should suffice, plus add ons. Arfiled cash plus a couple of fringe players and sort out the staged payment plan etc for the laddie.:agree:

Would take your theories in a minute. Hope it happens soon.

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Would take your theories in a minute. Hope it happens soon.

In Rod we trust:greengrin

Beefster
29-08-2009, 03:15 PM
So he had talks with us yesterday and is starting for Falkirk today? Obviously, didn't go that well.

perthhibs
29-08-2009, 11:06 PM
So he had talks with us yesterday and is starting for Falkirk today? Obviously, didn't go that well.
Whats the rush like ?:wink:

Petrie's Tache
29-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Whats the rush like ?:wink:

Winker, spill the beans:agree:

Hamish
31-08-2009, 04:16 PM
SSN reporting Falkirk have turned down a £300,000 bid from us.:cool2:

poolman
31-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Just reported on SSN that Falkirk have turned down a £300.000 bid from Hibs for Arfield

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 04:17 PM
It was a Championship earlier today.....

J-C
31-08-2009, 04:19 PM

That's the starting bid, more discussions will follow. :wink:

Hamish
31-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Posturing I reckon.

If we get him where is he going to play though?????

Hibbyradge
31-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Falkirk making that public has done us no good at all. :boo hoo:

Hamish
31-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Falkirk making that public has done us no good at all. :boo hoo:

:agree: Eddie May obviously fancies a 24 hour auction

Spike Mandela
31-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Is Boozy a fall back if we fail in a bid to get Arfield?

down-the-slope
31-08-2009, 04:25 PM

Tache will be humped that its gone public with 24hrs to go

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Why is Hughes not trying to sign a CH or a RB ???

MSK
31-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Why is Hughes not trying to sign a CH or a RB ???Who said he isnt ..?

Spike Mandela
31-08-2009, 04:31 PM

Maybe thinks he's covered with Hogg, Bamba, Murray,Thicot and McCormack for CH and DVZ, McCann and McCormack for RB.:dunno:

Hibbyradge

How do you know he's not?

Broken Gnome

He probably is?

I'd be really surprised if Hibs managed to get Scott Arfield to be honest, guessing there is a wee bit more to work with than £300,000 but not enough to outbid Championship sides in terms of fee and wages. Pleasing that we're in there though.

iwasthere1972
It was a Championship earlier today.....

Saw that. Anybody any idea who it was?

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Saw that. Anybody any idea who it was?

They didn't say who it was no....

BigKev
31-08-2009, 04:34 PM
An intriguing 24 hours lies ahead....

Another statement of intent though if we can capture Arfield :agree:

Scooter
31-08-2009, 04:35 PM
and so it begins. It feels like ER has breathed into life:agree:

Billy Whizz
31-08-2009, 04:36 PM
We'll soon have Falkirk's midfield from last season?:confused:

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 04:37 PM
An intriguing 24 hours lies ahead....

Another statement of intent though if we can capture Arfield :agree:

You'll be a happy man eh Kev?? Didn't the Owls do well at the weekend....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

stokesmessiah
31-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Does anyone know anything about the Barr situation?
Some people say he was a cert to sign before window SLAMS (why does it always have to slam, could somebody not just close it quietly) shut, but not much seems to be happening on that front !?

Also, what about Callum Woods??

The_Todd
31-08-2009, 04:40 PM

That's not all.

Petrie's in discussions to buy their West Stand as a ready-made replacement for our East Stand.

The_Todd
31-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Barr situation?
Some people say he was a cert to sign before window SLAMS (why does it always have to slam, could somebody not just close it quietly) shut, but not much seems to be happening on that front !?

Also, what about Callum Woods??

It might shatter if they're not careful.

BigKev
31-08-2009, 04:46 PM
You'll be a happy man eh Kev?? Didn't the Owls do well at the weekend....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

They most certainly did :greengrin

Pity we couldn't batter the soapdodgers yeterday to have made for a perfect weekend :greengrin

kentao
31-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Update

17.43 Sky Sports sources understands Falkirk have rejected a bid from Hibernian for Scott Arfield.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch?reloaded

Sky Sports sources understand Falkirk have rejected a bid from Hibernian for Scott Arfield.

Arfield is regarded as one of the best young players in Scotland and has attracted interest from a host of clubs in Scotland and England.

Falkirk have rejected bids from Hamilton and an unnamed Championship club this summer for Arfield as they look to keep hold of their prize asset.

The Scotland Under 21 international has now been the subject of a bid from Hibernian with former Bairns boss John Hughes keen to be reunited with the 20-year-old at Easter Road.

It remains to be seen if Hibernian will come back with an improved offer for Arfield before the close of the transfer window on Tuesday.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Doesn't say much for Yogi's claims of travelling up and down the country looking at players all the time. Could have stayed at home with his slippers on for these potential signings.:greengrin

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 04:49 PM
They most certainly did :greengrin

Pity we couldn't batter the soapdodgers yeterday to have made for a perfect weekend :greengrin

I was gutted when we got beat yesterday but City soon cheered me up with the win against Pompey... So far so good for City... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

greenlex
31-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I think the bid from a Championship club is a wee porkie. Why are they un named? It's because no bid has been made. Falkirk are trying to get more dish from Hibs.

Cocaine&Caviar
31-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Posturing I reckon.

_______________Maka

McCormack___Hogg___Bamba___Hanlon

______________Murray
______Cregg___________Arfield
Zemmama_________________Riordan
_______________Stokes

3rd best first XI in the SPL...

Sylar
31-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Any higher than £500k would be madness IMO. Offer Falkirk £380k-£400k and they'll probably bite.

Out of curiosity, is there any sign of Arfield considering the offer from Falkirk to extend his contract? If not, and he wants away, surely Falkirk have no option?

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I think the bid from a Championship club is a wee porkie. Why are they un named? It's because no bid has been made. Falkirk are trying to get more dish from Hibs.

I think you may be right seems they were quick enough to name Hibs but not the English team seems to me like Hibs are the only team in at the moment and they are trying to generate interest in Arfield. Hopefully the guy wants to play under Yogi again and he isnt interested in a move down south thus forcing the Bairns hand to an extent.

Another alternative is that it is a done deal and Falkirk are trying to make out they were trying to get the best possible deal for the player.

jgl07
31-08-2009, 05:06 PM
That's not all.

Petrie's in discussions to buy their West Stand as a ready-made replacement for our East Stand.
There may be a grotty stand for sale soon that is closer to Easter Road?

The_Todd
31-08-2009, 05:08 PM
There may be a grotty stand for sale soon that is closer to Easter Road?

I think we need more than a garden shed to replace the East Stand with.

That would be like trading in an old Ford Fiesta for an even older Datsun Sunny.

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Any higher than £500k would be madness IMO. Offer Falkirk £380k-£400k and they'll probably bite.

Out of curiosity, is there any sign of Arfield considering the offer from Falkirk to extend his contract? If not, and he wants away, surely Falkirk have no option?

I would imagine Hibs next move will be to stick with their offer until later tomorrow possibly throwing in a player such as JJ or DVZ.

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 05:11 PM
_______________Maka

McCormack___Hogg___Bamba___Hanlon

______________Murray
______Cregg___________Arfield
Zemmama_________________Riordan
_______________Stokes

3rd best first XI in the SPL...

Apart from 4/5 of your chosen defensive players, maybe aye..

Scooter
31-08-2009, 05:17 PM

how abot

maka

A n other
Barr
Murray
Skackle sp?? :devil:

Bamba

Cregg
Arfield

Zouma
Deek

Stokes

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 05:19 PM
how abot

maka

A n other
Barr
Murray
Skackle sp?? :devil:

Bamba

Cregg
Arfield

Zouma
Deek

Stokes

Quality. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Stack

McCann
Barr
Bamba
Murray

Zouma
Arfield
McBride
Cregg

Stokes
Deek

down-the-slope
31-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I smell a rat...Un-named championship club.....:blah::blah: while Hibs are named.

Unless its just Falkirks way of getting up Yogi / Taches nose for taking a number of their players.

Don't play poker with the Tache..if they are trying an auction and need the cash (payments for new stand :rolleyes:) they could end up with no sale

Tricla
31-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Posturing I reckon.

Just a wild stab in the dark but I'd say midfield! :devil:

Hibs90
31-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Makalambay

McCann Barr Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Arfield

Zemmama Stokes Riordan

3rd place material? :confused:

Hibbyradge
31-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Murray at left back for me.

Steve20
31-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Makalambay

McCann Barr Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Arfield

Zemmama Stokes Riordan

Certainly a team that will challenge for 3rd place.

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Makalambay

McCann Barr Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Arfield

Zemmama Stokes Riordan

Once you replace Maka with Stack. :wink:

:devil:

Dr_Regal
31-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I was thinking the chelsea diamond....

Maka
Barr Hogg Murray Hanlon
Bamba
Wotherspoon Arfield
Zemmama
Stokes Riordan

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 05:41 PM
4 years left on his contract, we would be crazy to sell just now.

Glad this initial approach has been turned down.

As mentioned, we are in the black so no need to cash in just yet.

That said a silly offer from down south and I would deal. I just cant see a scottish team outbidding a championship side. (Assuming Celtic arent interested, as Rangers have less cash than Alloa) :faf:

HFC 0-7
31-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Makalambay

McCann Barr Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Arfield

Zemmama Stokes Riordan

I would go for: -

Stack

Mccormack Barr Bamba Hanlon

Wotherspoon Cregg Murray
Arfield

Stokes Riordan

Dont think 3 in midfield would be enough. No Zemmama I know, but I think the team above would be more consistent, Zemmama dissapears in some matches.

Hibs90
31-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Once you replace Maka with Stack. :wink:

:devil:

Don't you start now! :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I think that Arfield would be a like to have rather than a must have so we should keep our distance and let the " un-named" club stump up the extra cash that Falkirk are looking for.

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Would it be criminal to rotate formations as well as players? :wink:

Some people seem to think that you can only stick with one formation/team but it can also depend on the formation/personnel Yogi believes can win in that certain game.

Can anyone see Thicot moving on before the window shuts?

Leithenhibby
31-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I smell a rat...Un-named championship club.....:blah::blah: while Hibs are named.
Unless its just Falkirks way of getting up Yogi / Taches nose for taking a number of their players.

Don't play poker with the Tache..if they are trying an auction and need the cash (payments for new stand :rolleyes:) they could end up with no sale

Fair point, funny how we are named, no so sure about Eddie May! comes across a tad arrogant for my liking and wants to be the BOSS.

I would burst the bank :wink: just to work it up EM. :devil:

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Don't you start now! :greengrin

*Or what like? :greengrin

*receives images of a bunch of neds outside a chippy

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 05:53 PM
4 years left on his contract, we would be crazy to sell just now.

Glad this initial approach has been turned down.

As mentioned, we are in the black so no need to cash in just yet.

That said a silly offer from down south and I would deal. I just cant see a scottish team outbidding a championship side. (Assuming Celtic arent interested, as Rangers have less cash than Alloa) :faf:

Maybe he has made it clear he doesnt want to move down south.

magnificent_seven
31-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Good. We don't even need Arfield.

Especially as we have Cregg, McBride ,Murray, Rankin, Wotherspoon, Zemamma and Galbraith who all play midfield.

Bamba included as a midfielder too if we get a new Centre Half instead.

Hibs90
31-08-2009, 05:55 PM
*Or what like? :greengrin

*receives images of a bunch of neds outside a chippy

Is this that image? (http://www.ananova.com/images/entertainment/kerrychips1PA384x500.jpg)

Dibs Haft
31-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't believe you somehow. :greengrin

And now?? :wink:

J-C
31-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Makalambay

McCann Barr Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Arfield

Zemmama Stokes Riordan

So Murray, probably our most consitant player doesn't even merit a place in the team :confused:

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Is this that image? (http://www.ananova.com/images/entertainment/kerrychips1PA384x500.jpg)

A bit like that.

She's indoors though. :wink:

Dr Jimmy
31-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Makalambay

McCann Barr Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Arfield

Zemmama Stokes Riordan

why does Barr kep appearing in these teams when we have moved for Arfield and not him? have I missed something?

J-C
31-08-2009, 06:03 PM
why does Barr kep appearing in these teams when we have moved for Arfield and not him? have I missed something?

A lot of wishful thinking :wink:

Grizz
31-08-2009, 06:04 PM

Arrgh!! My eyes, my beautiful eyes!!!! :boo hoo:

:tsk tsk:

Cocaine&Caviar
31-08-2009, 06:04 PM

Who else have we got? and more importantly, who else have our rivals for 3rd place got? Wilkie is the only one that i would without a doubt take, the others such as Bouzid, Webster, Reynolds are no better than what we have in Bamba. The same can be said for Goalkeeper, with the only one that i would witohut a doubt take is Langfield, as for Left Back, Wallace is a good player, but Hanlon has the potential to go much frther in the game...

Stack

Zouma
Arfield
McBride
Cregg

Zemmama or Cregg wide left? No thanks...

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Who else have we got? and more importantly, who else have our rivals for 3rd place got? Wilkie is the only one that i would without a doubt take, the others such as Bouzid, Webster, Reynolds are no better than what we have in Bamba. The same can be said for Goalkeeper, with the only one that i would witohut a doubt take is Langfield, as for Left Back, Wallace is a good player, but Hanlon has the potential to go much frther in the game...

Zemmama or Cregg wide left? No thanks...

I'm thinking he'd have Arfield wide left.

Hibs90
31-08-2009, 06:07 PM
So Murray, probably our most consitant player doesn't even merit a place in the team :confused:

I think this could be Hanlon's season to shine. If Bamba goes then Murray in there.

joe_hfc
31-08-2009, 06:10 PM
_______________Maka_______________

Barr_______Hogg___Anderson_____Murray

Imagine that team :dizzy:

J-C
31-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I think this could be Hanlon's season to shine. If Bamba goes then Murray in there.

True but you still have to play Murray somewhere, his experience and drive is vital for our team.

HibeeMcGinn1
31-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Sky Sports just said we have had another bid rejected, Hibs now say they are out

ancienthibby
31-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Sky Sports just said we have had another bid rejected, Hibs now say they are out

It's just called tactics...........

of the Tache variety:devil:

Dibs Haft
31-08-2009, 06:20 PM

It aint over altho the overweight lady is certainly doing her vocal warm-ups......

phoenixfire
31-08-2009, 06:21 PM

I think when petrie says NO he means NO:bitchy:

Cropley10
31-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Scott Arfield? I think there's an awful lot of good Hibees who are going to be very disappointed when we don't get this guy.

Falkirk have leaked a price for a very good reason - they want more money (and they probably don't want to sell him to us either).

ancienthibby
31-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I think when petrie says NO he means NO:bitchy:

When was the last time Tashman made two bids in the one day for a player??

He is SERIOUS!!:agree: (but he will now hold back and let the other side sweat:devil:)

iwasthere1972
31-08-2009, 06:25 PM

:agree: Think he doubles up as the banker on Deal or No Deal. Has told Falkirk "That's your lot" but expect the deal is not dead and buried yet.

Scooter
Scott Arfield? I think there's an awful lot of good Hibees who are going to be very disappointed when we don't get this guy.

Falkirk have leaked a price for a very good reason - they want more money (and they probably don't want to sell him to us either).

they dont have to sell. it was the same when we had katie and broonie. they hold the cards and i dont think we will get

phoenixfire
It may well happen but I think the next move will have to come from Falkirk

1two
thought window slammed shut at 5pm?

calmacuk
31-08-2009, 06:26 PM

5pm tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hanny

5pm Tuesday due to the Monday Bank Holiday.

wee hay
[QUOTE=joe_hfc;2155892]_______________Maka_______________

what about wotherspoon he has been ammense this year and would be the one of the first names on my teamsheet:wink:

jgl07
Aye on Tuesday.

BigKev
31-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Tommorrow at 5 :agree:

1two
31-08-2009, 06:28 PM
5pm tomorrow :thumbsup:

5pm Tuesday due to the Monday Bank Holiday.

Aye on Tuesday.

Tommorrow at 5 :agree:

AYE AWRITE!!!!!!!!!

:wink::greengrin

Aldo
31-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Lets wait and see what Hughes and RP can do. Lets have a bit of faith in them.

007 Mickey Weir
31-08-2009, 06:29 PM
_______________Stack_______________

McCormack_______Hogg___Murray_____Hanlon

This will be the team to play against Hamilton.
OUT
Bamba or Thicot, Nish, Keenan, JJ, DVZ all out.
IN
Arfield in for £400 plus JJ and DVZ

Barr to arrive in January. We would need cover at CB. Unless Bamba doesn't get his big money move.

jakedance
31-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm sure Yogi has a good idea what they'll sell him for. Puts the Tache in a strong position.

Hamish
31-08-2009, 06:37 PM
AYE AWRITE!!!!!!!!!

:wink::greengrin

Think I read its Tuesday at 5pm:duck:

iwasthere1972
31-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Think I read its Tuesday at 5pm:duck:

Me too. :greengrin

Anybody else?

Hamish
31-08-2009, 06:41 PM

OUT
IN

Barr to arrive in January. We would need cover at CB. Unless Bamba doesn't get his big money move.

Cash plus DVZ perhaps to ''sweeten'' the deal?

Dibben
31-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm sure Yogi has a good idea what they'll sell him for. Puts the Tache in a strong position.

I'm sure theres a couple of players that we have that would sweeten the deal...

They just can't have Stokesy back!!! :greengrin

BH.

ancienthibby
31-08-2009, 06:46 PM

OUT
IN

And what league position did this trio take their team to last season??:bye:

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Cash plus DVZ perhaps to ''sweeten'' the deal?

How much cash though?

Hope you're offering more than the £400 the person you quoted would offer. :wink:

Franck is God
31-08-2009, 06:48 PM

I just saw that too, it also may be so that Hibs can pursue their second choice target, who that might be I don't know but I think that anyone hoping for Barr or Anderson will be disappointed.

We have made an offer that has been described as a substantial for a midfielder so that must be the area Yogi still thinks we need to strengthen.

Dibs Haft
31-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Nobody knows better than Yogi, since Yogi was one of the main characters responsible for putting the £1m tag on him.

Many say Falkirk don't NEED to sell as they are debt-free at the moment, that does not necessarily mean you don't need money. However players are an investment and the key to selling is to sell at the optimum time. 2 and a half years left on a contract is approaching that time but they may feel another season, or part-season of (hopefully) impressive play will boost the asking price. January would appear to be the optimum time to let Arfield go. The obvious risk between now and then is the boy's head going down at not being allowed to go, or worse - injury. Falkirk will be thinking hard now, weighing up the relative risk of blocking a move.

Give up hope at 5pm tomorrow, not a minute sooner.

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I just saw that too, it also may be so that Hibs can pursue their second choice target, who that might be I don't know but I think that anyone hoping for Barr or Anderson will be disappointed.

We have made an offer that has been described as a substantial for a midfielder so that must be the area Yogi still thinks we need to strengthen.

Or trying to fulfill a parting shot at the end of the season made to our MD where "I`ll come back and take your ****ing players".

Witnessed by many fans and staff alike.

scoopyboy
31-08-2009, 06:54 PM
And what league position did this trio take their team to last season??:bye:

10th, to answer your question.

What position did Newcastle finish, before Man Utd signed Michael Owen?

You are obsessed with Falkirk finishing near the bottom.

On a positive spin when was the last time a midfield like that came within a goal of winning the Scottish Cup for Hibs?

Westie1875
31-08-2009, 06:56 PM

Or trying to fulfill a parting shot at the end of the season made to our MD where "I`ll come back and take your ****ing players".

Yogi is not stupid enough to say that infront of loads of people (even though he may have been thinking it).

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Yogi is not stupid enough to say that infront of loads of people (even though he may have been thinking it).

Not having been present I would love to say id seen it but cant.

However it was said, apparently in jest, but said nonetheless. And our MD and Yogi didnt get on aswell as is made out.

MyJo
31-08-2009, 06:58 PM

:hilarious: let me guess, Yogi threw a glass of wine over his head as well :dunno:

BT58
31-08-2009, 07:00 PM

if thats the case,,,,,no matter what RP offers,,, your lot will no deal with hibs then?????
cant see hibs going up to £500k
wait till january we will get barr fer nought[hopefully]
hb

scoopyboy
31-08-2009, 07:02 PM

Why would he say that at the end of the season, he was still your manager then.

When he was appointed Hibs manager there would be no staff or fans around.

Don't really think you've thought this one through properly.

jgl07
31-08-2009, 07:04 PM
IN

What a bargain!

Leitherhibs
31-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Falkirk are just doing what any club in their position would holding out for as much as they can get, whether they would want JJ or DVZ i would question especially as JJ's wage demands may well be high for someone who failed to light up the spl last season.
However if Hibs are prepared to go to 500k i suspect they may have to say "deal".

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Why would he say that at the end of the season, he was still your manager then.

When he was appointed Hibs manager there would be no staff or fans around.

Don't really think you've thought this one through properly.

He wasnt a week or so after the cup final when it was said. Apart from anything it was widely known for weeks leading up to the final/end of the season that he wouldnt be the manager (on his own accord I might add) come the pre-season.

I dont need to "think through properly" stuff that actually happened.

PC Stamp
31-08-2009, 07:09 PM

And he did. He went back and took Cregg & McBride. Both taken under freedom of contract and perfectly legit.

As far as Arfield is concerned however he's not trying to take him. If the media stories are correct then he's trying to buy him allegedly for a substantial sum of money. :wink:

Westie1875
31-08-2009, 07:10 PM
He wasnt a week or so after the cup final when it was said. Apart from anything it was widely known for weeks leading up to the final/end of the season that he wouldnt be the manager (on his own accord I might add) come the pre-season.

But by your own admission you did not witness it so cannot be sure that is the case.

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 07:12 PM
But by your own admission you did not witness it so cannot be sure that is the case.

True but I dont doubt the person that was.

The_Todd
31-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Given Yogis treatment by the Falkirk support I'm not suprised he signed off with a GIRFY to be honest.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2009, 07:16 PM
_______________Maka_______________

what about wotherspoon he has been ammense this year and would be the one of the first names on my teamsheet:wink:

Maka???:confused: :bitchy:

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Given Yogis treatment by the Falkirk support I'm not suprised he signed off with a GIRFY to be honest.

Yep, fair play.

Although a change was needed by both parties.

scoopyboy
31-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Teams break up for the close season after their last match, in your case after the Cup Final.

Explain to me then when did Yogi make this alleged remark to your MD in front of staff and fans. At the cup final, don't think so cos he was still your manager,

When he was named Hibs manager, again don't think so.

You admit you weren't there so you're only surmising that it happened.

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Teams break up for the close season after their last match, in your case after the Cup Final.

Explain to me then when did Yogi make this alleged remark to your MD in front of staff and fans. At the cup final, don't think so cos he was still your manager,

When he was named Hibs manager, again don't think so.

You admit you weren't there so you're only surmising that it happened.

Ok, the ALLEGED incident happened the week straight after the final on the day John left the club, in full view of staff and at least 2 supporters, 1 of which I know, at the stadium in the clubs facilities.

Not that it makes much difference whether anyone believes it or not. I do and thats all that matters i suppose.

As i mentioned also, John said it in jest but I personally believe he meant every word.

Edited to add - re teams breaking up at the end of the season, very true. However Yogi was in the week after the cup final trying to sort out contracts etc (as was mentioned on the club site) and at the end of that first week he went onto become the Hibs manager

Cabbage East
31-08-2009, 07:27 PM
That story is a load of minge.

Westie1875
31-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok, the ALLEGED incident happened the week straight after the final on the day John left the club, in full view of staff and at least 2 supporters, 1 of which I know, at the stadium in the clubs facilities.

Not that it makes much difference whether anyone believes it or not. I do and thats all that matters i suppose.

As i mentioned also, John said it in jest but I personally believe he meant every word.

Edited to add - re teams breaking up at the end of the season, very true. However Yogi was in the week after the cup final trying to sort out contracts etc (as was mentioned on the club site) and at the end of that first week he went onto become the Hibs manager

Ah, so you are blowing a joke out of proportion then - pathetic.

Beefster
31-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Sickbag (the poor man's Football Rumours) is reporting that Arfield has put in a transfer request and signed for us for £600k.

If the second rumour is true, the transfer request seems a wee bit pointless.

scoopyboy
31-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Fair response CB. I asked, you answered.

Ceske Bairn
31-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Ah, so you are blowing a joke out of proportion then - pathetic.

Really?

Im not blowing anything out of proportion, it was relevent to the fact hes trying to get another former player. Made as a joke or not.

FWIW as Ive said a few times now, regardless how it was said, I think he meant it which hes entitled to do.

It doesnt make him a bad person you know :faf:

scoopyboy
31-08-2009, 07:35 PM
was delving about over on that bad site and needless to say there was a thread on our bid for Arfield.

One guy said he had received a text message from a mate who works at Radio Forth. The employee stated that the deal has gone through at £600,000 and was to be announced soon.

No idea if correct but interesting nevertheless.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Think the Arfield move is probably dead now, unless another offer is accepted early tomorrow as May has indicated that Falkirk would use the monies to bring in new faces and it wouldn't give them any time. If they were interested in JJ or DVZ that might change.

Westie1875
31-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Really?

Im not blowing anything out of proportion, it was relevent to the fact hes trying to get another former player. Made as a joke or not.

FWIW as Ive said a few times now, regardless how it was said, I think he meant it which hes entitled to do.

It doesnt make him a bad person you know :faf:

Good stuff, as long as we are clear on that :wink::greengrin

lapsedhibee
31-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Sickbag (the poor man's Football Rumours) is reporting that Arfield has put in a transfer request and signed for us for £600k.

If the second rumour is true, the transfer request seems a wee bit pointless.

If wecantaffordtomakeanysigningsworthtalkingaboutours elves.co.uk has got the first two rumours the wrong way round and Arfield has Willie McSpiv as agent, it's all too believable.

Speedway
31-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Think the Arfield move is probably dead now, unless another offer is accepted early tomorrow as May has indicated that Falkirk would use the monies to bring in new faces and it wouldn't give them any time. If they were interested in JJ or DVZ that might change.

I think RP and Falkirk's MD will have their nuts out and slapped on the table now in the ultimate game of 'hard ball'.

First ones to shrivel, loses.

BEEJ
31-08-2009, 07:46 PM
was delving about over on that bad site and needless to say there was a thread on our bid for Arfield.

One guy said he had received a text message from a mate who works at Radio Forth. The employee stated that the deal has gone through at £600,000 and was to be announced soon.

No idea if correct but interesting nevertheless.
Well, however we choose to piece these fragments of 'information' together, I cannot believe that RP has bid £300k and then within a matter of a few hours has doubled his first offer.

Not very clever negotiating and just not his style, I would imagine. :cool2: