PDA

View Full Version : Media Eduardo charged by UEFA for cheating

IWasThere2016
28-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Good move IMHO :agree:

Keith_M
28-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree, now let's hope they start applying the same ruling to everyone.

FWIW, I don't disagree with the RaSellik players and others who commented on how disgraceful his behaviour was. However, I think RaSellik could be guilty of a bit of hypocrisy here

Dinkydoo
28-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I agree with that.

Listening to the after-match comments it seems that the general consensus is that T.V footage should definately be brought into football.

Hopefully this has given UEFA some insight into the benefits of using this technology.

I honestly can't see why some people are so against it :confused:

Golden Bear
28-08-2009, 12:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8223917.stm

Hibbyradge
28-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree, now let's hope they start applying the same ruling to everyone.

FWIW, I don't disagree with the RaSellik players and others who commented on how disgraceful his behaviour was. However, I think RaSellik could be guilty of a bit of hypocrisy here

More than likely, but most forwards dive, imo.

Before we get on our moral high horse, we should consider some of the players we've had/have who are more than happy to go down at the first sign of a tackle in the penalty box.

It would be great if it was stamped out though.

GreenPJ
28-08-2009, 12:22 PM
More than likely, but most forwards dive, imo.

Before we get on our moral high horse, we should consider some of the players we've had/have who are more than happy to go down at the first sign of a tackle in the penalty box.

It would be great if it was stamped out though.

I will never forget the Mali Magican's dive (can't remember who it was against) down at the corner of the box of the Famous Five and East. He got pelters from the Hibs fans for doing it, if only every set of fans did the same thing.

Hibercelona
28-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I've seen players dive when it would be easier just to score. :bitchy:

danhibees1875
28-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Not a good move IMO.

Players dive all the time, so they will have to start charging players left,right and centre to remain consistant.

lapsedhibee
28-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Not a good move IMO.

Players dive all the time, so they will have to start charging players left,right and centre to remain consistant.

:confused:

Good!

Hibbyradge
28-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Not a good move IMO.

Eh?

Let them dive, aye?

danhibees1875
28-08-2009, 12:38 PM
:confused:

Good!

I just don't see them being consistent with this. :dunno:

DarlingtonHibee
28-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I just don't see them being consistent with this. :dunno:

Agreed, just watch us fall flat on Sunday when Celtic either get a dodgy spot kick or we are denied one... You can see it already... :bitchy:

CallumLaidlaw
28-08-2009, 12:54 PM
the guy on SSN is saying Eduardo went down easily because of his injury that he had. :confused: :bye:

And Wenger is going mad about it. How can they deny it was cheating. People would think a lot more of them if they came out and just said, "yes it was wrong".

hibsbollah
28-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I will never forget the Mali Magican's dive (can't remember who it was against) down at the corner of the box of the Famous Five and East. He got pelters from the Hibs fans for doing it, if only every set of fans did the same thing.

It was against Celtic, the 3-0 or 3-1 game when Bellamy got a couple. One of the most comical dives ever:faf::top marks

Jones28
28-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Not a good move IMO.

Shirley a good thing no? Maybe this will give players encouragement NOT to dive :agree:

OstKurve Hibs
28-08-2009, 04:44 PM
good move to charge him, we all know celtic where never gonna go through but, say they had a chance and that penalty goal cost them a place in the groups n all that money. Personally dont care about them but think of it through the point of view if that was us and our team in that situation. The cheat gets a 2 game ban for diving but the team cheated loses out on millions!!!
Who says cheaters never prosper eh!!!

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Arsene Wenger has totally lost it, he actually thinks it was a clear penalty.:faf:

500miles
28-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't mind players going down easy. If you have to re-adjust your footing, or are being pulled and pushed, it is a foul, and refs don't recognise that, which can put you at a disadvantage. However, inventing a foul isn't on, and should be punished.

Betty Boop
28-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I hope Gordon Smith was watching big fat Nade last night in the Hertz game, he went doon like a sack of tatties and earned them a free kick! :greengrin

ChrissyG1875
28-08-2009, 05:59 PM
the guy on SSN is saying Eduardo went down easily because of his injury that he had. :confused: :bye:

And Wenger is going mad about it. How can they deny it was cheating. People would think a lot more of them if they came out and just said, "yes it was wrong".

Wenger talked a lot of sense in that interview.

Van Nasten 34
28-08-2009, 06:08 PM
If I seen The Incredible Bulk that is Boruc coming out like that I would have fallen down too before I got flattened:faf:
Seriously though what Eduardo did was wrong and a shame as a player as talented as he does not need to do that.
On the other hand is it not funny to hear Celtic moan - do they not remember Paul Lambert at East End Park when he thought 'contact was made' and countless others by the likes of Nakamura,Sutton,Cadete,Di Canio,Van Hoojdonk etc.
I remember when Dirk Lehmann was at that carry on after he had joined us and McLeish soon put a stop to it.

PeeJay
28-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree with that.

Listening to the after-match comments it seems that the general consensus is that T.V footage should definately be brought into football.

Hopefully this has given UEFA some insight into the benefits of using this technology.

I honestly can't see why some people are so against it :confused:

I think it would devalue football in general. There are thousands of smaller clubs who will never have TV cameras at their grounds - they have to abide by the 'old' rules, i.e. go by what the ref and his assistants say. Keep it the same for everyone is what I say.

I know it seems to work in rugby union, but the whole professonal ethos in rugby is different from football.
I can see football games lasting for ever if it is introduced because teams and managers would want every other offside decision, penalty claim, booking offence and so on checked on the playback. We don't need it, I can't see how it would be satisfactorily managed or regulated.

lapsedhibee
28-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I can see football games lasting for ever if it is introduced because teams and managers would want every other offside decision, penalty claim, booking offence and so on checked on the playback. We don't need it, I can't see how it would be satisfactorily managed or regulated.

At Wimbledon each side is allowed only a certain number of wrong challenges to the officials' decisions. When their number is up, they can't complain any more. It doesn't really hold the matches up unduly (in fact, it is somewhat quicker than some of the arguments between player and umpire of 20 yrs ago)and seems highly satisfactory in terms of dissipating player and crowd dissatisfaction at perceived injustices.

brownlies bits
28-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Wenger talked a lot of sense in that interview.
:grr: Wenger is talking *****,has blamed everybody from scotland to Switzerland. His player is a cheat end off and he is just as bad for defending him. :grr:

hibsdaft
28-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Arsene Wenger has totally lost it, he actually thinks it was a clear penalty.:faf:

he may be saying that but whether or not he actually thinks it is another question :wink:

personally i think Boruc clipped him but Eduardo was already on a course for the dive by that point.

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Kick Arsenal out and re-instate Celtic in the CL group stages. They've already suffered enough during the Irish famine and we should take that into account.

I think that Hearts winning two World Wars should also qualify them in preference to Dynamo Zabreb in the Europa.

PeeJay
28-08-2009, 07:11 PM
At Wimbledon each side is allowed only a certain number of wrong challenges to the officials' decisions. When their number is up, they can't complain any more. It doesn't really hold the matches up unduly (in fact, it is somewhat quicker than some of the arguments between player and umpire of 20 yrs ago)and seems highly satisfactory in terms of dissipating player and crowd dissatisfaction at perceived injustices.

That's a fair point, I guess. However, I think football panders too much to television: it decides what days games are played, what times they're played and now it wants to dictate when a decision was correct or not. Football for me has always been about the players on the park, the officials and the fans in the ground - we don't need television, couch potatoes and mindless pundits to tell us when someone was offside or when a goal was not a goal. I say leave it the way it is.

I watch Hibs games on HI live, from abroad - I see a game rather like a fan in the ground, there are no endless slow motions replays, reverse angles, aerial shots or lines drawn across the screen to show us if someone was offside or not. Sometimes I agree with the commentators or the referee on certain decisions: sometimes I don't, that's the way I feel it should be. A tad old fashioned and set in my ways perhaps?

Pete
28-08-2009, 10:22 PM
That's a fair point, I guess. However, I think football panders too much to television: it decides what days games are played, what times they're played and now it wants to dictate when a decision was correct or not. Football for me has always been about the players on the park, the officials and the fans in the ground - we don't need television, couch potatoes and mindless pundits to tell us when someone was offside or when a goal was not a goal. I say leave it the way it is.

I watch Hibs games on HI live, from abroad - I see a game rather like a fan in the ground, there are no endless slow motions replays, reverse angles, aerial shots or lines drawn across the screen to show us if someone was offside or not. Sometimes I agree with the commentators or the referee on certain decisions: sometimes I don't, that's the way I feel it should be. A tad old fashioned and set in my ways perhaps?

I agree that football needs to retain the human element...and sometimes humans make honest mistakes. Bringing in technology would not only be lop-sided in it's appliction but will sterilise the game and open a massive can of worms. Where will it all end? Every wrongly given throw in or free kick that leads to a goal will be used as an example of how we need technology to scrutinise every decision to achieve the correct result. Lets be honest if football was to go down that road then the team with the best players would probably win every match...and to me that's not what football is about.
People go on about their being too much money involved for technology not to be used.
Well I say the "money" involved has to realise that football is principally a sport...and human error is involved...and if money is lost then tough turkey!

I prefer this new idea involving two more officials behind the goals but it's not perfect. Where will these people stand and how will the fans react when they get in the way?
Also, where are they going to find all these extra officials? Refs are a dying breed due to problems at grass-roots levels and they're giving up the game in their droves.

I say leave football as it is, lay off the refs and cut out all the analysing of every decision.

HibbyAndy
28-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I actually think Wenger has a point...OK, lets be honest Eduardo dived... you can dress it up anyway you want, the fact is the boy dived for a penalty,booking defo..BUT.. if UEFA are gonna punish Edaurdo then what about the rest of the diving in the game?..Ronaldo for Manu anyone? cheated every single game.. Sutton..Petrov Nakamura??? Novo? Zemmama? ..it goes on and on.. every part of the world..So will every player that cons a ref for a penalty get disciplined?

Where do we draw the line?

It wasnt just Eduardo.

Ed De Gramo
28-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Which won't apply to Celtic and Rangers when they get away with conning the ref...bet Gordon Smith won't even bat an eyelash....

Well done Eduardo :agree:

About time the plastics got a taste of their own medicine :agree:

HibbyAndy
28-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Which won't apply to Celtic and Rangers when they get away with conning the ref...bet Gordon Smith won't even bat an eyelash....

Well done Eduardo :agree:

I remember at Parkheid last season score was 2-2 and Mcdonald went threw on Van Zanten and actually snapped his shin pad in two and walked a way with a yellow card!..can we review that now and then give him a red?

Konte dived spectaculary against celtic a few years back to try win a penalty..will Gordon Smith investigate that?

hibsdaft
28-08-2009, 10:42 PM
if you get caught diving in a game you get a booking, if you get caught after a game you get a two game ban :confused::confused:

Pete
28-08-2009, 11:01 PM
if you get caught diving in a game you get a booking, if you get caught after a game you get a two game ban :confused::confused:

It's because the ref has to make an instant decision and he doesn't have the luxury of video evidence.

Regardless of wether the ref catches it at the time cheating should be punishable by a two match ban.

lapsedhibee
29-08-2009, 07:37 AM

Two points there.

(1) Don't understand why it's not a red card during the game. It's already a red for breaking certain rules; no reason why it shouldn't be a red for simulation.

(2) If anyone is serious about trying to stamp out cheating, a two-match ban is shirley ineffectual. Ten or twenty would make players, managers and chairmen think a lot harder. If Smith had been serious he should have been calling for a season's ban for Lafferty, whose actions were particularly despicable.

Hibbyradge
29-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Two points there.

(1) Don't understand why it's not a red card during the game. It's already a red for breaking certain rules; no reason why it shouldn't be a red for simulation.

(2) If anyone is serious about trying to stamp out cheating, a two-match ban is shirley ineffectual. Ten or twenty would make players, managers and chairmen think a lot harder. If Smith had been serious he should have been calling for a season's ban for Lafferty, whose actions were particularly despicable.

I agree with point 1. A red card at the time of the ofence would be highly effective. It would put a heck of a lot of pressure on the referee though. I wouldn't like to be in charge of a big Old Firm game and have to send a player off for cheating. There would be a price on my head. However, it certainly would be effective.

Point 2, I don't think we can go from the position of nothing happening when a player cheats, to long term suspensions overnight.

If a player gets a 2 match ban then repeats the offence, the suspension will be longer. Cheating will reduce.

However, no matter what sanctions are put in place, it will never be completely eradicated.

lapsedhibee
29-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Point 2, I don't think we can go from the position of nothing happening when a player cheats, to long term suspensions overnight.

Agree it would have been unjust to ban Lafferty for a season out of the blue. But Smith should have been calling for such a thing, to set a tone.

However, no matter what sanctions are put in place, it will never be completely eradicated.
Not sure about that. When I started watching Hibs I don't think you even got booked for deliberate handball (perhaps if you were an outfield player and tipped the ball over the bar - though not even sure that that guaranteed a booking). Deliberate handball happened all the time. Now that it's a red card offence, you almost never see it other than on the goal line near the end of a match (when it's a calculated risk). If it's just a red for cheating, you'd still get it near the end of a level match - but if there was a 20 match ban attached, the calculation of risk/reward would be a very different one.

BEEJ
29-08-2009, 08:14 AM

:agree:

Whatever we may think about the principle of stamping out this disease of simulation from the sport, I find repugnant the sense of moral indignation and outrage emerging from Parkhead and the Scottish media over this incident.

It's like no Celtic player has ever committed the same offence. Hypocrisy in spades! And Gordon Smith wading in to make it a case for official disciplinary action is equally embarrassing.

Great way of deflecting from the fact that basically The Hoops couldn't live with The Gunners over a two-leg encounter. So much for their English Premiership ambitions.

The reality is that in European competition the OF do not get the same benefit of the doubt from referees. So when incidents like this occur, they can't hack it. Try supporting a non-OF team - this kind of thing happens almost every other week! :rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
29-08-2009, 08:27 AM
As many have said it is wrong and not what we want in our game...I love watching The Arsenal but even against the unwashed I thought what happened was a real shame as the truth of the matter is The Gunners DON'T have to resort to that sort of crap tactic....but if we get a soft/dodgy penalty on Sunday then alls well in the world :devil: It will be a long time before we see the end of this kind of ungentlemanly behaviour :agree:

Pretty Boy
29-08-2009, 08:36 AM
If they start banning players for diving Liverpool and Real Madrid are going to be left in trouble.

No Ronaldo and no Gerrard for most of the season.

Septimus
29-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Just as a player revels in the presence of cameras when he does something skillful and entertaining he should be prepared to accept the judgement of the camera when he deliberately cheats. The offending player's club should be punished and very soon they would ensure that their players do not transgress.

Cameras are after all what make the modern game what it is. Without them the megabucks which slosh about the English game would not be there. Sadly many players and referees appear see themselves as soap opera stars and do not appear to have the faintest concern about the consequences of their actions.

Personally I would send players off for spitting. Even cricketers appear to find that necessary now and just about every camera shot seems to expose another magnificent gochle(Sp)

--------
29-08-2009, 09:32 AM
i'm all in favour of doing whatever we can to eradicate cheating, but this worries me.

Cheating is so often in the eye of the beholder. If Boruc touched Eduardo at all, the question has to be asked was that a foul, regardless of whether Eduardo was already going down or not? I'd say it was. So the penalty would then be OK, but Eduardo would still be done for cheating....

Does anyone here really think we'd get a decision if Scott MacDonald or Nacho Novo took a dive under challenge from Bamba or Hogg?

I suppose we could always ask the other player for his views. In this case, I'm sure we can trust Boruc to tell the truth. :rolleyes:

Keith Wright was booked for diving in the 1993-4 League Cup Final - I've always been convinced that Ally Maxwell, the Rangers keeper, clipped his heels - not a lot, but enough to bring him down. By law Maxwell should have walked and we should have had a penalty - if I'm right. It was a very tight call. Under these proposals, however, Keith would have been branded a cheat for the rest of his career.

Besides, who could realistically expect any Scottish referee to give Hibs a penalty and send off the Rangers keeper at 0-0 in a Cup Final? Silly old me.

Someone suggested a 20-match ban for cheats. Sorry, but I can see it now - Zouma puts the ball through, Stokes and Caldwell challenging for it, Stokes goes down in the area. A 50-50 situation, I hear you say.

But the referee, influenced by the roars of the Greatest Supporters in the World, refuses us the penalty and cards Stokes. Celtic then start the same whine we've been hearing from them the past few days, and we lose Stokes for half a season?

By all means encourage referees to crack down on simulation when they see it, but let's not make a stick for our own backs here.

In an SPL match that penalty would most likely not have been given, not because the referee would have spotted the simulation and strong-mindedly refused to give it, but because opposition-player-going-down-in-Celtic-box isn't a penalty in the minds of so many of our officials.

Even if the guy has a neat round hole in his forehead, and the Celtic defender's standing there with a smoking gun in his hand.

lapsedhibee
29-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Someone suggested a 20-match ban for cheats. Sorry, but I can see it now - Zouma puts the ball through, Stokes and Caldwell challenging for it, Stokes goes down in the area. A 50-50 situation, I hear you say.

But the referee, influenced by the roars of the Greatest Supporters in the World, refuses us the penalty and cards Stokes. Celtic then start the same whine we've been hearing from them the past few days, and we lose Stokes for half a season?

Our refs have already shown themselves to be completely incapable of rational thought or action when the OFGTF are involved. Witness Sproule's red at Darkheid for bouncing the ball, and Boozy's red at ER for being pulled to the ground by some Hun (fatty Boyd IIRC). Two of the most ludicrous sendings-off I've ever seen. And posters here could probably list another twenty without much trouble.

Those two came about without any clamour whatsoever from a rabid crowd - it's not the roars of TGFITW that influences refs to be corrupt or crap, it's the very existence of the OFGTF and their dominance in the Scottish game. Boozy's appeal was rejected without any whining from the Huns. There doesn't need to be clamour or whining for distortion to take place, so I don't see that the inevitable distortion in applying any new rules is an argument against introducing them.

Getting the refs sorted is badly needed, but not imo an argument against trying to improve other things that are wrong.

BEEJ
29-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Getting the refs sorted is badly needed, but not imo an argument against trying to improve other things that are wrong.
Until the refs in this country are capable of handling the kind of rulings that are being suggested on here, with all their wider ramifications, we should stick with the status quo.

Hibs90
29-08-2009, 10:21 AM
If I was Eduardo I would have went down too. :agree:

--------
29-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Until the refs in this country are capable of handling the kind of rulings that are being suggested on here, with all their wider ramifications, we should stick with the status quo.

Kaiser1962
29-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Can you then imagine if goes shopping? Christ he would be all over the floor getting nudged by shopping trolley's! It's maybe a good job he's playing fitba and not in Asda on a saturday afternoon!

I know it goes on and its rife but it's dishonest and cheating. The unfortunate thing is that it is accepted. That's the problem. Remember Benji at Aberdeen andhis own team were trying to pull him to his feet? Disgraceful behaviour

Just Jimmy
29-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Two of the most ludicrous sendings-off I've ever seen. And posters here could probably list another twenty without much trouble.

The worst one, without doubt, was a sending off for Ulrik Laursen on Boxing day at ER against the Hun. Whilst in a push up position, the ball strikes his arm and he is sent of by McCurry. Cue Huns penalty.

Worst decision I've seen in the flesh, without doubt.

Biggie
29-08-2009, 05:09 PM
exactly WMMH...worst decision ever.

ancient hibee
29-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Cup tie against Rangers.Cropley swings over a corner-Forsyth absolutely flattens Edwards-ball bounces out to Duncan who volleys it into the top corner.Ref blows and points-swine we shout he's going to give us the penalty instead but wait,of course,he gives Edwards offside as he gets up out of the mud. Rangers go downfield (memory indistinct here due to red mist)andMcLean either scores or gets a penalty.We're out 1-0.

And don't get me started on Colin Campbell and Peter McCloy.

Storar
29-08-2009, 07:20 PM

The guy was so ****, couldn't even dive properly :faf:

Just watched the highlights of the game on HI, it's on there....shocker :hilarious

Biggie
29-08-2009, 07:20 PM
your dead right about the colin campbell and mccloy incident.....that would have ended that long wait for the scottish cup.....

Pete
29-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Well done Celtic, the glasgow media and the freedom fighters in the higher echelons of Scottish football. Arsenal are now branded as the team that dives and cheats their way through games and legitimate penalties are probably now going to be ignored for a long time.

Arshavin was physically assaulted in the box and nothing was given...this had to be the result of the media frenzy. I've never seen a more blatant penalty in all my life. It's just as well he took his own personal revenge and scored a screamer a few seconds later but it's not the point.

As for Rooneys penalty...what's the difference between that and Eduardos against Celtic? There was more contact but Eduardo is going to be punished for the intent. They both dived...the difference was that Rooney just dived into Almunia.
The keeper pulled out the challenge, the ball was going nowhere but Rooney just dived sooner....his knees collapsed and his legs came together before he even made contact with the keeper.

He knew what he was doing and his pre-meditated actions resulted in a penalty. That's just as bad in my opinion.

I can't believe the apathy and acceptance of this behaviour from pundits who have played the game. So bloody what if contact was made...it's time to look at the intent behind the players actions and wether they acted honestly.

Rooney dived with the same intent as Eduardo...and should be punished the same.

lapsedhibee
29-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Arshavin was physically assaulted in the box and nothing was given...this had to be the result of the media frenzy. I've never seen a more blatant penalty in all my life. It's just as well he took his own personal revenge and scored a screamer a few seconds later but it's not the point.

As for Rooneys penalty...what's the difference between that and Eduardos against Celtic? There was more contact but Eduardo is going to be punished for the intent. They both dived...the difference was that Rooney just dived into Almunia.
The keeper pulled out the challenge, the ball was going nowhere but Rooney just dived sooner....his knees collapsed and his legs came together before he even made contact with the keeper.

He knew what he was doing and his pre-meditated actions resulted in a penalty. That's just as bad in my opinion.

I can't believe the apathy and acceptance of this behaviour from pundits who have played the game. So bloody what if contact was made...it's time to look at the intent behind the players actions and wether they acted honestly.

Absolutely correct on all points.

Would only add...how big a t*at was Eboue to do what he did? :bitchy:

HibbyAndy
29-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Well done Celtic, the glasgow media and the freedom fighters in the higher echelons of Scottish football. Arsenal are now branded as the team that dives and cheats their way through games and legitimate penalties are probably now going to be ignored for a long time.

Agree with all of that:agree:

The minute Eduardo was punished i knew it opened a can of worms..Man u fans had a cheek booing Eduardo ..they had the biggest cheat of all on there books RONALDO.

Sergio sledge
29-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Was it only me who got immense pleasure from seeing wenger getting sent off today and having to stand amongst the man utd fans? cannot stand the man!

Pete
29-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Agree with all of that:agree:

The minute Eduardo was punished i knew it opened a can of worms..Man u fans had a cheek booing Eduardo ..they had the biggest cheat of all on there books RONALDO.

If he was playing they might have had more than three or four efforts on goal.

I listened to the whole thing on the radio and this was worse than the great train robbery.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Was it only me who got immense pleasure from seeing wenger getting sent off today and having to stand amongst the man utd fans? cannot stand the man!

That was a shocker too... 96 mins on the clock and he's sent to the stands.

Oh the attention seeking refs love it.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2009, 10:47 PM
If he was playing they might have had more than three or four efforts on goal.

I listened to the whole thing on the radio and this was worse than the great train robbery.

One unbelievable save from the manu goaly at 1-0 to prevent it going 2-0 was so crucial... it goes in game over.. throw in Diaby clean threw one on one.. RVP hitting the bar..Man u just have that hearts streak about them.

Pete
29-08-2009, 10:48 PM

He went and stood there by choice...right in front of the ManU Fans!

That's bottle for you...and the fans were clapping him.

You either love him or loathe him but he's one of the greats.:thumbsup:

Sergio sledge
29-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Don't get me wrong, he's a great manager, I love watching the football Arsenal play, but I just can't stand him!

Think it started when he defended Pires after the most blatant dive i have ever seen. Think it was against Pompey.

Pete
29-08-2009, 10:59 PM

One unbelievable save from the manu goaly at 1-0 to prevent it going 2-0 was so crucial... it goes in game over.. throw in Diaby clean threw one on one.. RVP hitting the bar..Man u just have that hearts streak about them.

This was all without Cesc!

Arsenal are a phenomenom under Wenger and it's about to come full circle. People laughed when he said they could win the league this year but I don't see anyone else but Chelsea stopping them. A real team with real athletes who are completely together.

As for man u having the hearts streak...definately!
They both think they're better than they are and will get a hiding off their "smaller" neighbours!:greengrin