PDA

View Full Version : Celtc strengths = Our weakness / inexperience

ano hibby
28-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Bit of a consensus that we need to strengthen our RB and possibly even LB area. McGeady / Maloney arguably Celtc strengths playing against our weakest area of the field? If you were Mowbray you will be well aware of this.

Murray injured for this one a huge blow.:agree:

Who will we play at RB & LB? Hanlon seems certain to start at LB - hes had a decent start to the season. I guess RB depends on McCanns fitness..McCann (will he be fit?) or DvZ. Would be too premature to give Wotherspoon a start playing Celtc..?

Key area of the game - not just defensively but clearly Yogi wants RB/LB who can joinn the attack.

matty_f
28-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Bit of a consensus that we need to strengthen our RB and possibly even LB area. McGeady / Maloney arguably Celtc strengths playing against our weakest area of the field? If you were Mowbray you will be well aware of this.

Murray injured for this one a huge blow.:agree:

Who will we play at RB & LB? Hanlon seems certain to start at LB - hes had a decent start to the season. I guess RB depends on McCanns fitness..McCann (will he be fit?) or DvZ. Would be too premature to give Wotherspoon a start playing Celtc..?

Key area of the game - not just defensively but clearly Yogi wants RB/LB who can joinn the attack.

I would agree with that. I think we are reliant on our midfielders giving a lot of support to the full backs.

I would think that our best form of defence will be to attack. If we can get Celtc on the back foot we'll have a chance of keeping their wingers quiet.

Their defence is their weak link too, and being honest I'd rather have our forwards than theirs. It'll be an interesting game - we're more than capable of taking something from it, but then Celtc are just as capable of winning by a few goals.

greenlex
28-08-2009, 07:49 AM
DVZ should start at RB. He has largely kept McGeady quiet in previous games IIRC. I hope Yogi k owe this. Hanlon will be LB.

I will be gutted if we don't take something from this game. Having said that Mowbray will have them playing g football rather thsn Strachans pish he used to turn up with. Either way it should be a cracking match and I am really looking forward to it. I couldn't have said that last season