PDA

View Full Version : Dougie Donnelly tonight

GhostofBolivar
28-08-2009, 05:00 AM
"[Zagreb] ...got the fright of their lives tonight."

Aye.

Playing a football match in Scotland is far more terrifying than the horrors of ethnic cleansing and civil war :rolleyes:

Sense of perspective bypass or just a massive fud?

PeeKay
28-08-2009, 06:46 AM
I was more put out by his reference to the new Huns chairman as "My old friend...".

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2009, 07:18 AM
"[Zagreb] ...got the fright of their lives tonight."

Aye.

Playing a football match in Scotland is far more terrifying the horrors of ethnic cleansing and civil war :rolleyes:

Sense of perspective bypass or just a massive fud?

To be fair, it was in Gorgie.

Tomsk
28-08-2009, 08:32 AM
What about Paul Mitchell -- the man who put the ass in embarrassment. Leaving aside his cheap wee dig at Hibs keepers, his tongue was so far up John Robertson's arse the 'wee man' had trouble getting his pie down. :jamboak:

There's only one thing worse than a fud, and that a Hearts fud.

--------
28-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Anyone else remember Doogie's mustash?

Tomsk
28-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone else remember Doogie's mustash?

Did Gillette not give him an award for it? Sales of razors went through the roof, I believe.

Actually, barnet (and muzzy :wink:) aside Donnelley is very professional and a real asset to the BBC.

My mate, who works in PR, tells a funny story about a sports awards event he ran several years ago where if it could go wrong it went wrong with bells on. The thing was saved by Dougie's compere work where with good humour, a lot of patience and much ad libbing he pullled off a rescue operation that made the Posieden Adventure seem like someone got their feet wet splashing in a puddle. And because it was for charity he didn't take a fee.

heretoday
28-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Dougie is a genuinely nice chap and knowledgeable about a range of sports - a bit of a poor man's Bob Crampsey, if I can mention the deity in the same breath.

He is a trifle dull in delivery but I'd rather that than people who appear on my screen dressed in hideous shirts and talking trash.

--------
28-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Did Gillette not give him an award for it? Sales of razors went through the roof, I believe.

Actually, barnet (and muzzy :wink:) aside Donnelley is very professional and a real asset to the BBC.

My mate, who works in PR, tells a funny story about a sports awards event he ran several years ago where if it could go wrong it went wrong with bells on. The thing was saved by Dougie's compere work where with good humour, a lot of patience and much ad libbing he pullled off a rescue operation that made the Posieden Adventure seem like someone got their feet wet splashing in a puddle. And because it was for charity he didn't take a fee.

Indeed he is.

Especially when you consider the sort of dead-heads he has to work with. :agree:

But he doesnae have the face for a mouser.