PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Benji

Speedway
28-08-2009, 12:36 AM
With my apologies and thanks to Abdel who posted this on the bounce and I nicked it to put it here because I hadn't seen it posted and it is well worth a read:

Benji was interviwed by a Moroccan newspaper, he talked about a few matters but I would only mention what he said about fasting.

Q : how do you spend Ramadan in Scottland?

Benji : a bit hard as Zouma and I are the ones who keep fasting during
games. there is another Muslim plyaer ( Sol Bamba) but he wont be fasting during games.

Q : Were you fasting in Falkirk game?

Benji : yes, so Yogi wanted me not to start. I told him If I start the game I will surely break it because time to break fasting is at 9.00 pm here.

Q : What does Yogi thinks about both of you fasting?

Benji : the coach is welknown by his great attitude, imagine he told us he wants to go with us to the Mosque to meet the Imam (preacher) to know how he could help us to perform this religious duty. In addition of that he gave orders to our team cooker to make special meals so we take it with us after trainings.

Q : what about trainings?

Benji : we are going to start a new program, it may be night trainings and once a day.

Thats all concerning Ramadan issue.

source on page 18 in this link ( PDF file )
http://www.bmaroc.com/journal.php?ur...abah.press.ma/

HibbyScott
28-08-2009, 12:54 AM
With my apologies and thanks to Abdel who posted this on the bounce and I nicked it to put it here because I hadn't seen it posted and it is well worth a read:

Benji was interviwed by a Moroccan newspaper, he talked about a few matters but I would only mention what he said about fasting.

Q : how do you spend Ramadan in Scottland?

Benji : a bit hard as Zouma and I are the ones who keep fasting during
games. there is another Muslim plyaer ( Sol Bamba) but he wont be fasting during games.

Q : Were you fasting in Falkirk game?

Benji : yes, so Yogi wanted me not to start. I told him If I start the game I will surely break it because time to break fasting is at 9.00 pm here.

Q : What does Yogi thinks about both of you fasting?

Benji : the coach is welknown by his great attitude, imagine he told us he wants to go with us to the Mosque to meet the Imam (preacher) to know how he could help us to perform this religious duty. In addition of that he gave orders to our team cooker to make special meals so we take it with us after trainings.

Q : what about trainings?

Benji : we are going to start a new program, it may be night trainings and once a day.

Thats all concerning Ramadan issue.

source on page 18 in this link ( PDF file )
http://www.bmaroc.com/journal.php?ur...abah.press.ma/

Nice read there I think. Sounds a bit more promising for Ramadan this year if there's dedicated training and meals for the two of them, fingers crossed it translates into on field performances.

I think that Hughes' management skills along with having Zemmama back at Easter Road will make a huge difference to Benji this season, he'll still be prone to the odd huff, but we'll have a striker that Hearts would kill for. 10+ for Benji this season has to be the first target I think

matty_f
28-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Nice read there I think. Sounds a bit more promising for Ramadan this year if there's dedicated training and meals for the two of them, fingers crossed it translates into on field performances.

I think that Hughes' management skills along with having Zemmama back at Easter Road will make a huge difference to Benji this season, he'll still be prone to the odd huff, but we'll have a striker that YamsNil would kill for. 10+ for Benji this season has to be the first target I think

Hughes has been different class with the players, IMHO. Like night and day from last season.

What a boost it must be to Zouma and Benji (and presumably Bamba, too) to have that sort of commitment from their manager. :thumbsup:

Cropley10
28-08-2009, 08:22 AM
The thing I never understand is that Benji can get an exemption - but I guess he doesn't want one! Maybe that's why Yogi would like to talk to the Imman, to understand exactly what the score is.

Agree with Matty - Yogi's man management of players so far has been different class. And that's going to make a big difference this season IMHO.

Will be interesting to see how he does on Sunday against his boyhood team:duck:

J-C
28-08-2009, 08:41 AM
This is very typical of Hughes and his management style, to go to the mosque to get a better understanding of what the fasting is all about and then asking how he can help make it easier for the players by altering their diets and training.

I can imagine Yogi would be like this with all his players, no matter what problems they have, an arm round the shoulder and an ear to listen with.