PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window predictions for wir team

burleynomore
27-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I predict that Darren Barr ( or the dutch version De Barr probably better ) will be signed and will be our new right back. Bet ye. I am so sure on this one although I don't know why.

BEEJ
27-08-2009, 10:47 PM
May has offered Flynn, who is on a season-long loan from Liverpool, a permanent deal and will continue his bid to extend Scotland defender Barr's stay beyond next summer.
May added: "I think it`s important as well that people know we`re trying to retain Darren Barr for a little longer, and Scott Arfield and Tam Scobbie along with Ryan Flynn. We`re not here to sell people, sell people, sell people. We`re here to develop a football club, as we have done in the last six years, and keep on progressing in the right direction."

(Thursday 27th August)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27082009/63/looks-sign-quartet.html

:dunno:

Billychaotic182
27-08-2009, 11:17 PM
(Thursday 27th August)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27082009/63/looks-sign-quartet.html

:dunno:

I remember JC sayin the same about Brown and thompson and look how that turned out. Money talks

bingo70
27-08-2009, 11:32 PM
I predict that Darren Barr ( or the dutch version De Barr probably better ) will be signed and will be our new right back. Bet ye. I am so sure on this one although I don't know why.

If Barr is signed it won't be as a right back IMO. Yogi played him all season at centre half, he got capped at that position, yogi says he wants his full backs to be like wingers so a centre half wouldn't really work there and finally Barr has already stated he's not happy being played at full back at falkirk as he sees himself as a centre half.

I think we're crying out for a right back but i doubt if Barr is the right back we need.

Hibernian Verse
27-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I know this is for 'wir team' but can't help noticing that there's a thread on KB suggesting that Raphael Nadé, yes - you guessed it - fat man's brother, was at Tynie tonight with his agent :faf: another one! Please god.

ano hibby
28-08-2009, 06:21 AM
If you read the interview with Yogi on main site he seems to think Wotherspoon could have the potential to be a good RB. That would be a bonus for us - clearly not ready to be play 35 games a season but great potential.

“Yes I was going to play David Wotherspoon at right-back on Saturday, and it broke my heart to have to leave him out of that team. We felt he could play at right back, he is full of energy – I have to say I think the boy is outstanding, no point in beating about the bush! That boy has a big, big future in this game – if I was a parent of David I’d be very proud of him, and not just because of his football but because of the way he conducts himself.

“He never gives you any trouble and has some great values that I think makes him the player he is. It’s my job to keep nurturing him – you know if he gets 15 games in this first season as a senior player then that’s not a bad return. If he keeps doing what he is doing we might have found a right-back, you never know.”

Earl of Currie
28-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I can see Darren Barr being signed with Nish being used as part exchange. May has stated that he is looking for an experienced striker.

YehButNoBut
28-08-2009, 07:01 AM
If you read the interview with Yogi on main site he seems to think Wotherspoon could have the potential to be a good RB. That would be a bonus for us - clearly not ready to be play 35 games a season but great potential.

“Yes I was going to play David Wotherspoon at right-back on Saturday, and it broke my heart to have to leave him out of that team. We felt he could play at right back, he is full of energy – I have to say I think the boy is outstanding, no point in beating about the bush! That boy has a big, big future in this game – if I was a parent of David I’d be very proud of him, and not just because of his football but because of the way he conducts himself.

“He never gives you any trouble and has some great values that I think makes him the player he is. It’s my job to keep nurturing him – you know if he gets 15 games in this first season as a senior player then that’s not a bad return. If he keeps doing what he is doing we might have found a right-back, you never know.”

Not wanting to put pressure on him but could he be the new John Brownlie. :agree:

Ray_
28-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Not wanting to put pressure on him but could he be the new John Brownlie. :agree:

"Not wanting to put pressure on him" At nineteen John Brownlie had already been capped by Scotland & by 21 he was already keeping the likes of Sandy Jardine & Danny McGrain out of the Scotland right back position, [all before before that dam leg break], no pressure though:greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-08-2009, 07:54 AM
2 or 3 in .. 3 out

YehButNoBut
28-08-2009, 07:58 AM
"Not wanting to put pressure on him" At nineteen John Brownlie had already been capped by Scotland & by 21 he was already keeping the likes of Sandy Jardine & Danny McGrain out of the Scotland right back position, [all before before that dam leg break], no pressure though:greengrin

Your memory is better than mine. :wink:

So whats holding him back then, get him in the team every week. :greengrin

Cropley10
28-08-2009, 08:16 AM
So whats holding him back then, get him in the team every week. :greengrin

I think the only thing holding him back is that he's ONLY 19. And I don't think has played RB before...

Yogi has not only inherited another good crop of youngsters but seems to be creative in where he plays them, in 'Spoon's case. Or is he just 'playing players out of position'?:grr:

Hibs7
28-08-2009, 08:18 AM
2 or 3 in .. 3 out

Is this an educated guess or just a Greggs ? :greengrin or even better a confirmed piece of knowledge. :devil:

Hibbyradge
28-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Is this an educated guess or just a Greggs ? :greengrin or even better a confirmed piece of knowledge. :devil:

TQM? :faf:

:wink: