PDA

View Full Version : Robbo's Classic Quote

weststand1973
27-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Yams 0-4 from first leg, leading Zagreb 2-0 cue Robbo.
"Just have to score 2, if we lose 1 it doesn't matter":faf:
Yamathematics.

Jaz
27-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Was more pee'd off with Paul Mitchell's unprovoked and unnecessary comment about how normally it's Hibs goalies who are nervous and having a nightmare at Tynecastle!!

We know he's a Jambo but I don't expect a BBC commentator to use his position to have an amateurish pop at his clubs local rivals.

Complaint already sent to the BBC!

weststand1973
27-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Will fall on deaf ears:grr:, unless ur the unwashed "TIMS"
Good to see Zagreb fan with Hibs scarf on:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
27-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Was more pee'd off with Paul Mitchell's unprovoked and unnecessary comment about how normally it's Hibs goalies who are nervous and having a nightmare at Tynecastle!!

We know he's a Jambo but I don't expect a BBC commentator to use his position to have an amateurish pop at his clubs local rivals.

Chill Jaz

We are no longer their rivals dontya know:greengrin

ronaldo7
27-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Loved that one too D:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
27-08-2009, 09:22 PM

He telegraphed it really.

Anyway, how many goals did Makalambay concede at the PBS last season?

:hmmm:

Hibbie_Cameron
27-08-2009, 10:17 PM
"If we score now there is still 2.35 seconds left of the match to hopefully find the much deserved equaliser"

That was about the only example he never came out with tonight

RickyS
27-08-2009, 10:31 PM

missed that, excellent though. anyone hear the Yam cuddle in on radio scotland wi Mandy Clark and Alana Preston? what a pair of twats.
only amusing bit was when Richard Gordon ( I think) was talkin up our strike force compared to theirs. though Clark is expecting big things this season from Gordon SMith Jnr, scored for Livi v East Stirling once dont you know.

****in Yam tw*ts

HibbyAndy
27-08-2009, 10:37 PM

Thats how the pubteamers scored a big fat NAE GOALS last season at Pinkcastle :cool2:

sleeping giant
27-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Yams 0-4 from first leg, leading Zagreb 2-0 cue Robbo.
"Just have to score 2, if we lose 1 it doesn't matter":faf:
Yamathematics.

He was meaning that it didnt matter if Zagreb scored again as hearts were going out anyway so they might as well go for it.

I think wee fat robbo is a red faced fat wee bassa with the best of them but i knew what he meant.

Toaods
27-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Mitchell: "...and you really rate him don't you John?"

"Yeah...he's quick, gets inside the box and and can strike it well with both feet."

...just as this great prospect with about two goals to his name in 30-odd appearances miscues a chance and falls flat on his arse.

That aside, he is plug isn't he??

HibbyAndy
27-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Mitchell: "...and you really rate him don't you John?"

"Yeah...he's quick, gets inside the box and and can strike it well with both feet."

...just as this great prospect with about two goals to his name in 30-odd appearances miscues a chance and falls flat on his arse.

That aside, he is plug isn't he??

Did he not break onto the scene and score against Gretna? and ehh that was it... lets be utterly brutally honest.

YamsNil have nae threat upfront ATALL..nae team with a bright pink girly stadium to boot.

Riordan and Stokes uptop:cool2: GIFRU every pubteamer:agree:

BroxburnHibee
27-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Did he not break onto the scene and score against Gretna? and ehh that was it... lets be utterly brutaly honest.

YamsNil have nae threat upfront ATALL..nade team with a bright pink girly stadium to boot.

Riordan and Stokes uptop:cool2: GIFRU every pubreamer:agree:

That didn't take you long :faf:

You out to get your crown back fi Sergey :wink:

HibbyAndy
27-08-2009, 11:14 PM
That didn't take you long :faf:

You out to get your crown back fi Sergey :wink:

Long before im on Kicktasticrifficback??

:wink:

Baader
28-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Liked his one about there being "no room for complacency" in the Yams game as they were 4-1 down on aggregate.

Enjoyed seeing the two toothless Gorgie mutants celebrating after the 1st goal. Real Deliverance like stuff and a great advert for the joke that is HMFC

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Robbo's a fat little jobby.. :agree:

Why oh why are the public subjected to that little toally babbling his nonsensical sholte aboot the yams is ridiculous.. :bitchy:

Wonder who his wife in getting ploughed fi now :cool2:

Golden Bear
28-08-2009, 11:11 AM
The sound of Robbo's squeeky wee voice is enough to make me crawl up the wall.

Unfortunately ex hawrts players seem to have the knack of infiltrating the beeb's radio coverage.

Don Giovanni
28-08-2009, 11:21 AM
The sound of Robbo's squeeky wee voice is enough to make me crawl up the wall.

Unfortunately ex hawrts players seem to have the knack of infiltrating the beeb's radio coverage.

Robbo... Preston... Fail... Failed managers all. :jamboak:

Thankfully their contributions are always worthwhile and insightful :dizzy:

(Actually compared to Plan F's drivel...)

Dipped flake
28-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Did he not break onto the scene and score against Gretna? and ehh that was it... lets be utterly brutally honest.

YamsNil have nae threat upfront ATALL..nae team with a bright pink girly stadium to boot.

I seem to remember him scoring against a certain team in the Scottish Cup????

bighairyfaeleith
28-08-2009, 12:01 PM

So your happy with your strikeforce then?

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2009, 12:05 PM

True. It was a top class finish, he's top drawer - I hope Shabby keeps sticking by him.

He's sort of the Hertz equivalent of Amadou Konte.

The_Todd
28-08-2009, 12:06 PM

Might not be professional, but everyone in Scotland knows he's a grade-a fud anyway so I doubt many were listening to his yammish commentry.

New Corrie
28-08-2009, 12:08 PM

Please tell me you are joking!

sauzee_4
28-08-2009, 12:10 PM

You've got a good memory, 2 goals and you remember 1 eh them.:greengrin

Canny wait till Stokes, Benji, Riordan, Byrne, Zemamma and Nish get a hold of you's this season, I reeeally can't.

who's ur right back that fell over last night coz the winger started running at him?:faf:

Dipped flake
28-08-2009, 01:16 PM
You've got a good memory, 2 goals and you remember 1 eh them.:greengrin

Canny wait till Stokes, Benji, Riordan, Byrne, Zemamma and Nish get a hold of you's this season, I reeeally can't.

who's ur right back that fell over last night coz the winger started running at him?:faf:

Craig Thomson, who was my Man of the Match. Great going forward and in defence and some cracking deliveries into the box; just a pity it took an injury to Eggert for him to get his chance...

Dipped flake
28-08-2009, 01:19 PM
So your happy with your strikeforce then?
Where did I say that???? I think Nade has had more than enough chances, he will never be fit. Glen and Elliott should be the front 2 when fit and be given the chance to see if they can do the business but I have to accept that hibs have far more decent options up front than us at the moment

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Craig Thomson, who was my Man of the Match. Great going forward and in defence and some cracking deliveries into the box; just a pity it took an injury to Eggert for him to get his chance...

It was Bouzid that fell on his arse though.

Brooster
28-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Who gives a zhit mate?

Dipped flake
28-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Who gives a zhit mate?
Have a word with Sauzee 4, he asked who the right back was and I told him.

HibbyAndy
28-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Glen and Elliott should be the front 2 when fit

Riordan & Stokes or them 2 :greengrin

Hibercelona
28-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Riordan & Stokes or them 2 :greengrin

Hmm..... let me think this one through :hmmm:

heretoday
28-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Hear Hear! Paul Mitchell is his name eh? He is called "The Strangled Ferret" in this house because of his annoying voice. I can't listen to him long so I've never caught his name.

BBC have got a damn cheek partnering him with Robbo or Preston for Hibs games in particular.

Hibbyradge
28-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Didn't he score against us in the Cup?

sauzee_4
28-08-2009, 07:16 PM

:dizzy: needs to improve his balance whoever it was, the guy was barely even at half pace.

Interesting to see yous had 2 Scots in the team, I nearly fell off my seat in shock.

The BBC coverage is a joke from top to bottom so the commentary team is obviously poor. Mitchell has the most boring monotone, annoying voice since Rob Mclean, and Robbo aint what I'd call articulate. Saying that nothing against them for their comment about hibs, it was true after all.

Sooner they start employing people who are interesting to listen to i.e NOT Billy dodds or Craig Paterson the better.

ronaldo7
28-08-2009, 07:27 PM
It was Bouzid that fell on his arse though.

:agree: Bouzid got the hairs on his erse in a tangle

Although the wee right back put in a shift shouting at the ref...anytime the cameras panned to him he was giving the ref it tight.

Must be the way they teach them down on the farm... up to 2pm :wink:

xyz23jc
28-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Enjoyed seeing the two toothless Gorgie mutants celebrating after the 1st goal. Real Deliverance like stuff and a great advert for the joke that is HMFC

:LOL::LOL::LOL: :top marks:thumbsup: Kwality! Was thinkin' exactly the same mesel likesay!!