PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Bamba

CentreLine
27-08-2009, 03:58 PM
There is a rumour doing the rounds that Bamba is away to Cardiff and Riordan to leave before end of transfer window. Barr on his way to fill the void at CH. Has anyone heard more reliable information?
Source was a friend who does have good sources but on this occasion heard the tale third hand so not reliable

GreenOnions
27-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think Yogi would consider Barr as a replacement for Bamba if the big man leaves. He moved Barr to full back at Falkirk and I would imagine that, should we be interested in signing him it would be as a right back.

I certainly hope we can keep big Sol but, if we can't, I would imagine Yogi will be considering bringing in someone more physically dominant.

JimBHibees
27-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't think Yogi would consider Barr as a replacement for Bamba if the big man leaves. He moved Barr to full back at Falkirk and I would imagine that, should we be interested in signing him it would be as a right back.

I certainly hope we can keep big Sol but, if we can't, I would imagine Yogi will be considering bringing in someone more physically dominant.

Was it not Eddie May that did that.

We would have the smallest central defence pairing since the Smurfs had a team if Barr replaces Bamba.

soupy
27-08-2009, 04:42 PM
There is a rumour doing the rounds that Bamba is away to Cardiff and Riordan to leave before end of transfer window. Barr on his way to fill the void at CH. Has anyone heard more reliable information?
Source was a friend who does have good sources but on this occasion heard the tale third hand so not reliable

If Bamba were to leave what sort of money would we be looking for?

richard_pitts
27-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I heard the Riordan away rumour from a credible source. It seems the board are fed up with his off-field antics and Stokes has been signed on the understanding Riordan goes if the source is to be believed. I hope not, but I would understand if it was true :rolleyes:

Jim44
27-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I heard the Riordan away rumour from a credible source. It seems the board are fed up with his off-field antics and Stokes has been signed on the understanding Riordan goes if the source is to be believed. I hope not, but I would understand if it was true :rolleyes:

Well if we're going to make issues out of Riordan's off-field antics, lets discuss Stokes. I've heard various references to Stokes off-field problems but nothing about what these actually are. Can anyone enlighten us?

JimBHibees
27-08-2009, 04:57 PM
If Bamba were to leave what sort of money would we be looking for?

Wouldnt be selling him for less than a million if Championship side or £2m if EPL side. I mean Lescott for £24m :bitchy:

JimBHibees
27-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Well if we're going to make issues out of Riordan's off-field antics, lets discuss Stokes. I've heard various references to Stokes off-field problems but nothing about what these actually are. Can anyone enlighten us?

Likes his pop apparently :party:

GreenOnions
27-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Was it not Eddie May that did that.

We would have the smallest central defence pairing since the Smurfs had a team if Barr replaces Bamba.

Think I read that Yogi started playing Barr at right back in the later stages of last season. Eddie May has continued with it.

Haymaker
27-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Riordan has had many chances to leave hibs and celtc before and go south... why should he bother now? He is playing and scoring for hibs, just as he was before he went "over there" and teams from England wanted him. Why would he leave now?

As for the board? Its not like they didnt know what deeks likes to get up to off field before we re-signed him.

Balls in my opinion.

Golden Bear
27-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Riordan has had many chances to leave hibs and celtc before and go south... why should he bother now? He is playing and scoring for hibs, just as he was before he went "over there" and teams from England wanted him. Why would he leave now?

As for the board? Its not like they didnt know what deeks likes to get up to off field before we re-signed him.

Balls in my opinion.

Hope ye're right!

KeithTheHibby
27-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Why would Yogi let Riordan leave after waxing lyrical about him last week??

Some of these rumours are total bollox if you ask me.

richard_pitts
27-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Hope you're right, although equally I hope Riordan keeps making headlines on the pitch rather than off it :greengrin

Sylar
27-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't feel I've any reason to distrust Hughes when he makes statements such as "I won't sell my starting 11".

Jim44
27-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't feel I've any reason to distrust Hughes when he makes statements such as "I won't sell my starting 11".

.............and that surely includes Riordan and Bamba.

oneone73
27-08-2009, 05:47 PM
.............and that surely includes Riordan and Bamba.

Not last night! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't see Deeks wanting to go anywhere.

Bamba is clearly another matter.

FWIW, I don't think Stokes will score more than Deeks nor is Barr as flexible/effective as Bamba

silverhibee
27-08-2009, 06:05 PM

FWIW, I don't think Stokes will score more than Deeks nor is Barr as flexible/effective as Bamba

:lips seal:greengrin:devil:

MSK
27-08-2009, 06:14 PM

FWIW, I don't think Stokes will score more than Deeks nor is Barr as flexible/effective as BambaI would like a bet on that G ...i think Stokes will score a barrowload....i also think Deeks will score a few too however going on the basis they have different styles i just feel Stokes may come up trumps ...therefore how about a friendly wager ..

£20 to Dnipro appeal ..?...:greengrin

whiskyhibby
27-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Stokes and Riordan looks like a very lethal pairing, we need to keep them this season, sell Nish I say :agree::agree::agree:

J-C
27-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Bamba as we known has problems with a certain lap dancer, so he may want to sod off quick like to escape from all that.

Riordan has just scored 3 goals in 2 games, I can't for the life of me see the board selling him even if he has got off field problems, which in my opinion he doesn't.

clerriehibs
27-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Bamba as we known has problems with a certain lap dancer, so he may want to sod off quick like to escape from all that.

Riordan has just scored 3 goals in 2 games, I can't for the life of me see the board selling him even if he has got off field problems, which in my opinion he doesn't.

He does ... he shows face in public anywhere, and there's always some idiot trying to make a name for himself at Deek's expense.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2009, 09:58 PM
:lips seal:greengrin:devil:

Don't you start! :cool2:

I would like a bet on that G ...i think Stokes will score a barrowload....i also think Deeks will score a few too however going on the basis they have different styles i just feel Stokes may come up trumps ...therefore how about a friendly wager ..

£20 to Dnipro appeal ..?...:greengrin

OK - but ma man's 3-nil up! :greengrin And all bets aff if RP commits the cardinal and sells Deeks!

sleeping giant
27-08-2009, 10:44 PM
OK - but ma man's 3-nil up! :greengrin And all bets aff if RP commits the cardinal and sells Deeks!

You'll never learn:cool2:

sahib
28-08-2009, 09:25 AM

That is a totally meaningless statement since he determines who the eleven are.

IWasThere2016
28-08-2009, 09:29 AM
You'll never learn:cool2:

You got lucky :wink: :greengrin

RIP
28-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Stokes and Riordan looks like a very lethal pairing, we need to keep them this season, sell Nish I say :agree::agree::agree:

:faf:

Just as well John Hughes is our manager and not you then. :agree:

Colin Nish has an important role to play with Hibs for the foreseeable future. He is a Hibby happy to play for the club and Yogi rates him highly.

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3643_0_1_0_C

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8219096.stm

Sprouleflyer
28-08-2009, 10:09 AM
It has been near enough 1 year since Riordan re-signed for Hibs and in that year has scored 16 (I think) competitive goals.

No matter what his off field antics are, the board must know the worth Riordan is to this current Hibs team and with Stokes now a genuine playing Partner for Riordan, the 2 of them could quite easily get 40 + goals betwen them.

If the board has any real ambition for Hibs, keeping Riordan is a must!!!

PaulSmith
28-08-2009, 10:25 AM
:faf:

Just as well John Hughes is our manager and not you then. :agree:

Colin Nish has an important role to play with Hibs for the foreseeable future. He is a Hibby happy to play for the club and Yogi rates him highly.

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3643_0_1_0_C

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8219096.stm

And just as well your not in charge of Hibs after some of your recent posts!

Cocaine&Caviar
28-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I really would hate us to sell Bamba now, not only because of his importance to the team, and his cult figure status, but with the African Cup of Nations coming up, and then the world cup in the summer, in 12 months time we could be looking at a seriously valuable and highly rated player. If hes worth £2m now, after being in the shop window that much, he could be a £4m player...

Big90inOz
28-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I really would hate us to sell Bamba now, not only because of his importance to the team, and his cult figure status, but with the African Cup of Nations coming up, and then the world cup in the summer, in 12 months time we could be looking at a seriously valuable and highly rated player. If hes worth £2m now, after being in the shop window that much, he could be a £4m player...

Or he could have a mare and be worth nothing

I would like to see the big guy stay but I just "feel" there is something in this.

SidBurns
28-08-2009, 10:59 AM
He does ... he shows face in public anywhere, and there's always some idiot trying to make a name for himself at Deek's expense.

My missus's parents were at Rusticana's in Hanover Street a couple of weeks back and Deek was seemingly in there. After he had finished his meal and was ready to go, a girl asked him for his autograph where by he told her to 'go fish' basically!

Anyway, the girl and her man seemingly left a couple of minutes later with Deek still giving her abuse. Her man then turned round and said "we're going to a club, oh thats right, you can't can you"

Thought it was quite funny myself :greengrin

Anyhoo, my view on this is that at least 50% of 25 year olds and under that are footballers will be involved in something 'dodgy' in their footballing lives, I can think of many (Wallace, Bendtner (sp?), McGeady, Riordan, Flecther, Michael Stewart, Fleck, Ashley Cole, Ronaldo, Anderson.......) that have so unless he has committed murder, rape or anything as bad as that why doesn't everyone get off his back!?!?!?!

josef k
28-08-2009, 11:12 AM
My missus's parents were at Rusticana's in Hanover Street a couple of weeks back and Deek was seemingly in there. After he had finished his meal and was ready to go, a girl asked him for his autograph where by he told her to 'go fish' basically!

Anyway, the girl and her man seemingly left a couple of minutes later with Deek still giving her abuse. Her man then turned round and said "we're going to a club, oh thats right, you can't can you"

Anyhoo, my view on this is that at least 50% of 25 year olds and under that are footballers will be involved in something 'dodgy' in their footballing lives, I can think of many (Wallace, Bendtner (sp?), McGeady, Riordan, Flecther, Michael Stewart, Fleck, Ashley Cole, Ronaldo, Anderson.......) that have so unless he has committed murder, rape or anything as bad as that why doesn't everyone get off his back!?!?!?!

Not sure I understand your post? You give an instance of Riordan acting like an idiot then ask us to get of his back? I fully agree that we shouldn't expect footballers to be angels or role models, and we all make mistakes, but Riordan clearly has had attitude problems on and of the field that have inhibited his career progresing (he is in the top two or three Scottish Footballers of his generation in terms of natural ability IMO). In a sense, though, its because of these difficulties that he is still at Easter Road, so its difficult to know what to wish for...

J-C
28-08-2009, 11:24 AM

I think this illustrates Riordan's problem, he wants all the fame and fortune that comes with being a professional player but still doesn't know how to act like one, instead acting like a wee ned occasionally. It wouldn't have killed him to scribble his name on a napkin and kept a fan happy and then getting good things written about him, instead he told her where to go and now we're writing about his bad points once more.

Obviously we as supporters must give these guys a bit of space and accept they are out enjoying themselves with friends and family and we can't assume that by butting in to get autographs, they'll always have a smile to greet us. They on the other hand must accept that with as pro players, they have a duty to the club and supporters to present themselves at all times in a professional manner no matter how pissed off they get.

Peevemor
28-08-2009, 11:27 AM
As long as football clubs have existed, there have been players that have acted like twats on and off the field. The difference now is that whenever a story, true or not, is posted on a fans' forum, it grows arms and legs and ends up being read by thousands of people. Eventually if it's repeated often enough, it ends up being accepted as fact.

MSK
28-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't you start! :cool2:

OK - but ma man's 3-nil up! :greengrin And all bets aff if RP commits the cardinal and sells Deeks!Nae worries G...:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
28-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Nae worries G...:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

hibbie02
28-08-2009, 12:05 PM
As long as football clubs have existed, there have been players that have acted like twats on and off the field. The difference now is that whenever a story, true or not, is posted on a fans' forum, it grows arms and legs and ends up being read by thousands of people. Eventually if it's repeated often enough, it ends up being accepted as fact.

I wonder how Bestie would have coped............:greengrin

Owain_1987
28-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Not in a million years will Deek be leaving!!! I just can't wait for the 1st September now :greengrin

erin go bragh
28-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Likes his pop apparently :party:
cmon he was a 19 year old laddie on 14 grand a week[not getting a game] at least it was just a drink he was having:wink:

erin go bragh
28-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Balls in my opinion.
:top markstotal bollocks , yogi has been raving about deeks and no way would he stand for the board getting rid. not a fin chance:wink:

Crazyhorse
29-08-2009, 12:40 AM
It has been near enough 1 year since Riordan re-signed for Hibs and in that year has scored 16 (I think) competitive goals.

No matter what his off field antics are, the board must know the worth Riordan is to this current Hibs team and with Stokes now a genuine playing Partner for Riordan, the 2 of them could quite easily get 40 + goals betwen them.

If the board has any real ambition for Hibs, keeping Riordan is a must!!!

Just over half a season really. I think deek has a good chance of getting to 100 goals for hibs this season.

truehibernian
29-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Big Sol definitely not leaving in this window my hibee chums and chumettes :agree: