PDA

View Full Version : Ewan Moyes loaned to Livi

MacBean
27-08-2009, 01:25 PM
After starting a wee discussion about the young CB yesterday on the PM Board i spoke to his dad this afternoon to see how he was getting on, and hes signed for Livi on loan, and apparently not going to be the only one of our youngsters joining up with them!

Should hopefully be getting some valuable match experience down in DIV3 and build him up for his future at ER.

good luck to you! :thumbsup:

Dibben
27-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Good move for the lad, will gain some proper competitive experience going out on loan!

Wonder who else will go?

BH.

Billychaotic182
27-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Good move for the lad, will gain some proper competitive experience going out on loan!

Wonder who else will go?

BH.

Flynn and Welsh would be my Picks. I want to See welsh do well for us so a loan spell is needed

Hibernian Verse
27-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Can't believe Andy McNeil can't get a club outwith Div3. I thought he'd end up in Div1.

Sylar
27-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Can't believe Andy McNeil can't get a club outwith Div3. I thought he'd end up in Div1.

He's allegedly in Division 2 this weekend, playing for Clyde according to another poster on here.

Scottish league whore that Andy is :wink:

MyJo
27-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Good move to get some of the young boys out on loan playing competitive games preparing them for the first team in a couple of years, I think its safe to say that Wotherspoon and Byrne are safely in the first team already though :greengrin

bingo70
27-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Good move to get some of the young boys out on loan playing competitive games preparing them for the first team in a couple of years, I think its safe to say that Wotherspoon and Byrne are safely in the first team already though :greengrin

Still think Byrne needs to prove himself in the reserves or out on loan playing competitive first team football before he can challenge seriously for a first team place.

For a striker or central defender it's a much bigger jump from the 19's to the first team than it is for a winger, full back or a midfielder IMO.

Future17
28-08-2009, 12:52 PM
As the title says, young Ewan is off for a season-long loan at Livingston. Hopefully he will play regular first-team football and return a better player ready for our first-team.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Football-Livingston-seal-loan-deal.5597692.jp

Good luck to him! :thumbsup:

MacBean
28-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Just spoke to Ewan's Dad again this afternoon, and he said he didnt have the best of first days!!

marking Livi's 6ft 5 Striker (dont know his name) and won the first few headers against him. Kept winning possession and doing really well against the big man, however he went up for another header with him and the git burst Ewan's nose and he was off to hospital! nice welcome to the team there then!

haha!

Unlucky start Ewan! Can only get better :thumbsup:

magnificent_seven
28-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Still think Byrne needs to prove himself in the reserves or out on loan playing competitive first team football before he can challenge seriously for a first team place.

For a striker or central defender it's a much bigger jump from the 19's to the first team than it is for a winger, full back or a midfielder IMO.

True, look how long it took Hogg to make the step up to first team. I still dont think he is ready! :duck:

RIP
28-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Just spoke to Ewan's Dad again this afternoon, and he said he didnt have the best of first days!!

So are you a Perth laddie as well? My colleague Thomas here in the fair city is of the maroon persuasion but is pally with EM. All went to Perth High?

MacBean
28-08-2009, 03:09 PM
So are you a Perth laddie as well? My colleague Thomas here in the fair city is of the maroon persuasion but is pally with EM. All went to Perth High?

I'm from Luncarty , although we moved to Edinburgh when i was about 3/4 years old and been here ever since (minus my stint in India).

I have family in Perth and visit almost monthly! My cousin (username: ell chrisso - chris Rae) knows Ewan.

Ewan's Dad works in Edinburgh (St Andrew Square) 3/4 days of the week and is on the road sometimes and i speak to him quite a bit - so if there is any breaking news or if he becomes a superstar I'll have info on tap!

magnificent_seven
28-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm from Luncarty , although we moved to Edinburgh when i was about 3/4 years old and been here ever since (minus my stint in India).

I have family in Perth and visit almost monthly! My cousin (username: ell chrisso - chris Rae) knows Ewan.

Ewan's Dad works in Edinburgh (St Andrew Square) 3/4 days of the week and is on the road sometimes and i speak to him quite a bit - so if there is any breaking news or if he becomes a superstar I'll have info on tap!

I'm one step ahead of you,

Everyone knows everyone in Perth! :wink:

--------
28-08-2009, 03:35 PM
He's allegedly in Division 2 this weekend, playing for Clyde according to another poster on here.

Scottish league whore that Andy is :wink:

Last time he was at Broadwood he did very well - for Clyde, IIRC. :devil:

I'm one step ahead of you,

Everyone knows everyone in Perth! :wink:

Everyone in Perth's related to everyone else in Perth, surely?

One big happy family, no? :wink:

FraserHFC
29-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Just scored an own goal on his debut

JE89
29-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Scored an own goal on his first game for Livy.

FraserHFC
29-08-2009, 02:29 PM
http://hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=159425 :wink:

basehibby
29-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Just scored an own goal on his debut

Not the best of starts but good luck to him - from what little I've seen of him he has the potential to make the grade at Hibs. But he'll need to prove himself and toughen up, and with the reserve league up the spout a loan spell is definately the way forward so a good move IMO.

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Not the best of starts but good luck to him - from what little I've seen of him he has the potential to make the grade at Hibs. But he'll need to prove himself and toughen up, and with the reserve league up the spout a loan spell is definately the way forward so a good move IMO.

:agree: Would agree with that.

First-team football, even in the Third, is better than reserve SPL for his progress IMO.

J-C
29-08-2009, 08:15 PM
After starting a wee discussion about the young CB yesterday on the PM Board i spoke to his dad this afternoon to see how he was getting on, and hes signed for Livi on loan, and apparently not going to be the only one of our youngsters joining up with them!

Should hopefully be getting some valuable match experience down in DIV3 and build him up for his future at ER.

good luck to you! :thumbsup:

With no reserve football this year it's good to get some of the younger players who may not get a lot of 1st team football plenty of experience, which can only help us.

offshorehibby
29-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Apart from the og, did anybody here how he played.

CallumHibs07
29-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Oggy for Moysey