PDA

View Full Version : Ref Last Night

The_Sauz
27-08-2009, 12:22 PM
What a breath of fresh air that guy was last night :top marks

Ritchie
27-08-2009, 12:27 PM
i agree, could have had his cards out a couple of times but didnt.

also allowed play to flow.....

the linesmen however were pish!!!!

Seany HFC 7-0
27-08-2009, 12:28 PM
aye was pretty good. Wasnt exactly a demanding match to control but he done not bad couple of dodgy tackles he dealt well with :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2009, 12:29 PM
i agree, could have had his cards out a couple of times but didnt.

also allowed play to flow.....

I agree. I said that to my dad near the end of the game last night.

Green Man
27-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Yep I was impressed with him. Steven McLean I think his name was? Had a word with players rather than going straight for a card, wasn't a difficult game to referee but he always seemed in control and up with play. Seemed like he actually understands the game :agree:

maturehibby
27-08-2009, 12:57 PM
He was a good up and coming ref and was even handed - could have booked a couple of them but opted for a quiet word which worked and also Hogg would have been booked too for a bad tackle but again he was treated leniently / sensibly

Stevie Reid
27-08-2009, 01:00 PM
He also let Stokes off for a very bad two footed tackle early on as well. He could easily have been sent off for it

Ritchie
27-08-2009, 01:07 PM
He also let Stokes off for a very bad two footed tackle early on as well. He could easily have been sent off for it

that was a silly silly tackle....

Stevie Reid
27-08-2009, 01:14 PM
that was a silly silly tackle....

Yep, only worrying thing I've seen from Stokes, hopefully that side doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

On a more positive note, his technique in 2 of his efforts in the 2nd half (outside of foot effort from cut back forcing great save from Nelson, and the first time effort from the corner which was blocked), was unbelievable.

Loads to come from this lad, hopefully indiscipline won't be a worry.

Ritchie
27-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Yep, only worrying thing I've seen from Stokes, hopefully that side doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

On a more positive note, his technique in 2 of his efforts in the 2nd half (outside of foot effort from cut back forcing great save from Nelson, and the first time effort from the corner which was blocked), was unbelievable.

Loads to come from this lad, hopefully indiscipline won't be a worry.

:agree:

he linked up really well with deek too.

Stevie Reid
27-08-2009, 01:37 PM
:agree:

he linked up really well with deek too.

Yep, looks like a promising partnership already and I'm sure there will some healthy rivalry between them over who scores the most as well (without it being detrimental to their link up play!). 2 intelligent and technically gifted players, I'm still struggling to come to terms that we have got them both at Hibs.

In fact, we had 3 forwards on the park last night who are blessed with good movement, close control and are equally comfortable on either foot - absolute nightmare for defenders.

Truly exciting times :agree:

MacBean
27-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Yep I was impressed with him. Steven McLean I think his name was? Had a word with players rather than going straight for a card, wasn't a difficult game to referee but he always seemed in control and up with play. Seemed like he actually understands the game :agree:

I read Steve McQueen there for some reason :faf:

Seany HFC 7-0
27-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I read Steve McQueen there for some reason :faf:

:faf: I read Steve McLaren! :confused: Very weird

Action Jackson
27-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Stokes looks a good player and both Derek and him should form a great partnership. They will also compete with each other to get the most goals at the end of the season, which is a good thing.

Since Stokes has arrived, the whole team have responded very positively also.

Once Stokes gets his first goal, I fancy he will go on a good run. Lets hope he gets his first goal against Celtic.

:blah:

JimBHibees
27-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Stokes looks a good player and both Derek and him should form a great partnership. They will also compete with each other to get the most goals at the end of the season, which is a good thing.
Since Stokes has arrived, the whole team have responded very positively also.

Once Stokes gets his first goal, I fancy he will go on a good run. Lets hope he gets his first goal against Celtic.

:blah:

Within reason it shouldnt mean they dont pass the simple ball and play for the team though.