PDA

View Full Version : ***Los Yambolinos vs Dynamo Zagreb***

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2009, 09:39 AM
While the site was down, it was all happening in West Edinburgh. Here's an update:

8:37 SCRAN!! Who else but Christian Nade, running onto a Susan delivery of three Egg McMuffins from the MacDonald's at Princess Street. Susan jumped out the car, jinked past several Bad Blue Boys (masquerading as foreign exchange students) who were guarding the opening to the shop, ordered up, drove straight back to Tynecastle, where the rolls were promptly dispatched by Nade in a predators finish.

8.32 Sadly this sparked off fan trouble outside the MacDonald's where a disgruntled Blue Boy failed to dispose of his wrapper appropriately, letting it drift onto the area where workmen were laying down tracks for the city's forthcoming tram service. A passer by observed: "These people are not real football fans. Football fans go to watch the game, not to hang around outside MacDonald's dropping litter. They are animals."

8.41 The construction men walk off the job, reasoning that it's not their responsibility to pick up litter dropped by Croatian thugs. "And who can blame them" says a TIE executive, who admits, "there's nothing in the contract to cover this."

A council spokesman said it would inevitably mean delays in the service, but he still expected the trams to be up and running before Christian Nade's next competitive goal.

9:15 SCRAN!! Back at Tynecastle and Susan once again the provider, serving up two breakfast rolls for Witenegeen to put away. "The way Christian Nade looked at the rolls - he certainly wanted some of the action, in fact the forwards were queuing up for it- as well as Susan's unselfish willingness to make those foraging runs to the shops, tells you that more scran opportunities are on the cards."

9:35 A major incident. Leslie Deans, while appealing to Romanov for funds through the pages of the local press, was taken into hospital after falling off his soapboax. Leslie sustained two broken legs and several broken ribs in the accident. A hospital spokesperson said: "It's a miracle he survived such a fall."

MacBean
27-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Made me laugh! very nicely done Dashing!

When is it going to be available on VBookie, i want to stick a large stake on Zagreb! :wink: :greengrin

--------
27-08-2009, 09:55 AM
While the site was down, it was all happening in West Edinburgh. Here's an update:

8:37 SCRAN!! Who else but Christian Nade, running onto a Susan delivery of three Egg McMuffins from the MacDonald's at Princess Street. Susan jumped out the car, jinked past several Bad Blue Boys (masquerading as foreign exchange students) who were guarding the opening to the shop, ordered up, drove straight back to Tynecastle, where the rolls were promptly dispatched by Nade in a predators finish.

8.32 Sadly this sparked off fan trouble outside the MacDonald's where a disgruntled Blue Boy failed to dispose of his wrapper appropriately, letting it drift onto the area where workmen were laying down tracks for the city's forthcoming tram service. A passer by observed: "These people are not real football fans. Football fans go to watch the game, not to hang around outside MacDonald's dropping litter. They are animals."

8.41 The construction men walk off the job, reasoning that it's not their responsibility to pick up litter dropped by Croatian thugs. "And who can blame them" says a TIE executive, who admits, "there's nothing in the contract to cover this."

A council spokesman said it would inevitably mean delays in the service, but he still expected the trams to be up and running before Christian Nade's next competitive goal.

9:15 SCRAN!! Back at Tynecastle and Susan once again the provider, serving up two breakfast rolls for Witenegeen to put away. "The way Christian Nade looked at the rolls - he certainly wanted some of the action, in fact the forwards were queuing up for it- as well as Susan's unselfish willingness to make those foraging runs to the shops, tells you that more scran opportunities are on the cards."

9:35 A major incident. Leslie Deans, while appealing to Romanov for funds through the pages of the local press, was taken into hospital after falling off his soapboax. Leslie sustained two broken legs and several broken limbs in the accident. A hospital spokesperson said: "It's a miracle he survived such a fall."

:top marks

JoeTortolanoFanClub
27-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know where it might be possible to place a small wager online that the Yams will fail to score tonight ? Easy money ! :nade:

mim
27-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know where it might be possible to place a small wager online that the Yams will fail to score tonight ? Easy money ! :nade:

Betfair. :agree:

You can get 3.7 (around 11/4) against Zagreb keeping a clean sheet.
If you fancy it, fill your boots. :wink:

iwasthere1972
27-08-2009, 01:06 PM

9:35 A major incident. Leslie Deans, while appealing to Romanov for funds through the pages of the local press, was taken into hospital after falling off his soapboax. Leslie sustained two broken legs and several broken ribs in the accident. A hospital spokesperson said: "It's a miracle he survived such a fall."

:top marks How do you do it. Tell me your secret.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Getting ready to meet my Yam chums (and another Hibby blagger) at the "hozzy" at Tyney in a bit. Looking forward to another humiliating Yam defeat and Hearts to blamed and barred by UEFA for fan bad behaviour, after being 'led on' by gloating Croatians.

Will try to keep a straight face and stay out of trouble as I nosh and drink this crumbling institution further into debt, with the gluttonous verve of Christian Nade at his best. It will take eleven men and a forklift truck to carry me out.

GGTTH

CapitalHibs
27-08-2009, 04:27 PM
:top marks How do you do it. Tell me your secret.

He has a big brain:agree: Just look at his avatar!

s.a.m
27-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Getting ready to meet my Yam chums (and another Hibby blagger) at the "hozzy" at Tyney in a bit. Looking forward to another humiliating Yam defeat and YamsNil to blamed and barred by UEFA for fan bad behaviour, after being 'led on' by gloating Croatians.

Will try to keep a straight face and stay out of trouble as I nosh and drink this crumbling institution further into debt, with the gluttonous verve of Christian Nade at his best. It will take eleven men and a forklift truck to carry me out.

GGTTH

Eat and drink away, Bob! And fill your pockets. Maybe take a couple of suitably dashing suitcases?

Hibbyradge
27-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Wow. Time travel at Tynie too.

Awesome.

iwasthere1972
27-08-2009, 04:34 PM
He has a big brain:agree: Just look at his avatar!

Phook me they're everywhere.

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2009, 07:39 AM
It was good fun last night. The Yam's delusion, particular after scrambled goal No2 from defensive cock-up No2 was terrific as it led to an outpouring of belief in the hozzy that they would "at least take it to extra time" as one fool put it.

Another said to me, "we're on the verge of watching the greatest ever comeback by a Scottish club in Europe!" At this stage I was actually hoping for another Yambolinos strike, so that we could be on the verge, as that's where they would have stayed.

The truth is, as I expounded at length to the increasingly depressed Yams in my company for most of the game (and my observations really started to hit home in the last 10 minutes) was they were playing against a technically superiour team, but one who do not travel well, and are destined for a humiliation on their future Europa League travels. The goalkeeper was surely the most inept the Yams have faced since the halcyon days of Clown/Zibbi and had they had proper strikers they would easily have won the tie tonight. The defence they faced was utterly shocking.

That they didn't even have a Kevin Kylesque SPL journeyman, constitutes another costly blunder by Vlad.

Other than that, I ate and drank heartily, purring and grinning like a Cheshire cat in the knowledge that I was running up the debt while many Yams who had to pay for their seats were getting soaked in the swirling rain.

Yes, disappointed there was no humiliation pt 2, but watching their hopes rise after the second goal, only too cruelly ebb away in the second half did bring its own particular brand of satisfaction.

Hibbyradge
28-08-2009, 07:50 AM
The goalkeeper was surely the most inept the Yams have faced since the halcyon days of Clown/Zibbi and had they had proper strikers they would easily have won the tie tonight. The defence they faced was utterly shocking.

I crossed my mind that "someone" must have wasted a fair wad of bribe money.

Actually, that thought didn't cross my mind. It stayed there.