PDA

View Full Version : CL and Europa League TV monies

Jack
27-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Just out of interest does anyone know the answer to this?

From what I understand in the CL the clubs from the same country split that countries TV monies i.e. if its both the OF they would get £5m each, but if only one qualifies that one gets the whole £10m.

So if der hun are in the CL, and get £10m, how much do Celtc get in the Europa?

If, say its £5m, that will mean £15m going to the OF instead of £10m had Celtc qualified.

Another OF carve up? :hmmm: God forbid!

Woody1985
27-08-2009, 09:28 AM
They don't get 10m TV money IIRC.

The 10-12 million they'll make is based on all the revenue generated through CL qualification i.e ticket sales, tv rights, win/draw bonuses etc.

Therefore, if the TV money is 3/4 million for CL games then they'd get 2 million each.

I think the Europa League is different. You're only likely to get decent TV money if you play a big German team.

Joe Baker II
27-08-2009, 10:56 AM
They don't get 10m TV money IIRC.

The 10-12 million they'll make is based on all the revenue generated through CL qualification i.e ticket sales, tv rights, win/draw bonuses etc.

Therefore, if the TV money is 3/4 million for CL games then they'd get 2 million each.

I think the Europa League is different. You're only likely to get decent TV money if you play a big German team.

I think Europa League TV arrangements have changed with new format. £17 million quoted (Daily Record headline admittedly) for Rangers income this season I read earlier.

CyberSauzee
27-08-2009, 12:34 PM
For last season

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/publications/uefa/uefamedia/83/97/47/839747_download.pdf

Man Utd made €38.281m, Barca 'only' €30.968m.

The sums paid to the clubs were again divided into two essentially equal parts:
■ fixed sums based on participation and results;
■ variable amounts dependent on the value of the TV market of the associations represented in the Champions League.

The fixed sums were as follows:
■ a participation premium of EUR 3 million for each of the 32 clubs;
■ an additional EUR 400,000 per match played in the group phase, regardless of the result, i.e. EUR 2.4 million per club;
■ EUR 600,000 for each victory in the group matches, i.e. a potential total of EUR 3.6 million, which no club was able to achieve this season; a draw in the group phase was worth EUR 300,000;
■ the clubs that qualified for the first knockout round each received EUR 2.2 million;
■ each quarter-finalist received EUR 2.5 million;
■ the four semi-finalists each received an additional EUR 3 million;
■ for winning the final, FC Barcelona were awarded EUR 7 million; the runners-up, Manchester United FC, received EUR 4 million.
These figures do not include income from the sale of match tickets.

In addition to these sums, the clubs receive a share of revenue fixed in accordance with the value of the TV market of the country they represent. If an association has more than one representative, the amount received by each club depends on its position in the national championship in the previous season and the number of matches played in the current season’s Champions League.

Payments to eliminated clubs

A proportion of the revenue is reserved for solidarity payments awarded to the clubs eliminated in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup qualifying stages.

As far as the Champions League is concerned:

EUR 160,000 was awarded to each national champion that did not reach the group stage;
EUR 100,000 per round was paid to each club participating in the first and/or second qualifying round;
there were no payments for the third qualifying round, since the winning clubs qualified for the group stage and its revenue distribution system, while the clubs eliminated at this stage played in the UEFA Cup, where they benefited from solidarity payments from this competition, as well as keeping the sums received for playing in the first two Champions League qualifying rounds.