PDA

View Full Version : Benji (EEN content)

--------
27-08-2009, 01:01 AM
"The tie also provided Hughes with the ideal platform to give malcontent striker Abdessalam Benjelloun a chance to enhance his fitness levels."

Quote from one Darren Johnstone - 'malcontent striker Benji'?

:wtf:

He looked keen enough to me on Saturday. :dunno:

zlatan
27-08-2009, 01:07 AM
He was fine tonight, had a few great passes and a cracking effort that hit the post.

Didn't seem to get the greatest of service as Stokes and Riordan appear to of hit it off instantly and were playing amongst themselves at times, at one point in the first half he seemed to try and gesture about that towards the bench a bit unimpressed.

Forgettable performance from him but he certainly wasn't disinterested or shying away like the bad old days.

GreenOnions
27-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Benji also looks as if he has kept his fitness up really well. He may have missed pre-season training but appeared lean when he came on at Falkirk.

I don't know whether or not he wants to stay at Hibs but this maybe shows that he is certainly keen to get his career back on track?

Personally I would love to see him remain at ER if he wants to be here. It's hard to think of a more skillful striker in the SPL.

sambajustice
27-08-2009, 09:31 AM
"The tie also provided Hughes with the ideal platform to give malcontent striker Abdessalam Benjelloun a chance to enhance his fitness levels."

Darren Johnstone is a Yam!

Ignore him!! :thumbsup:

--------
27-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Darren Johnstone is a Yam!

Ignore him!! :thumbsup:

You don't say?

I wouldn't have guessed it, and us having a biggish game at the weekend, as well. :rolleyes:

I have no liking for the EEN, and rarely if ever read anything from it unless it's on the net. Just that wee para rather stood out.

Not often you find a Yam using a word with more than four letters, is all.....

Wilson
27-08-2009, 09:39 AM

I think the term used is based on the Benji saga generally and not simply on his manner since returning.

It might take a while to replace his 'want-away' tag with that of a 'would die for the cause' one!!

Peevemor
27-08-2009, 09:42 AM
You don't say?

I wouldn't have guessed it, and us having a biggish game at the weekend, as well. :rolleyes:

I have no liking for the EEN, and rarely if ever read anything from it unless it's on the net. Just that wee para rather stood out.

Not often you find a Yam using a word with more than four letters, is all.....

Before I left Edinburgh, I used to buy both eh Scotsman and EEN every day without fail (apart from the Saturday EEN which was laughable).

Apart from the Scotsman crossword, I miss neither.

hibsbollah
27-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Before I left Edinburgh, I used to buy both eh Scotsman and EEN every day without fail (apart from the Saturday EEN which was laughable).

Apart from the Scotsman crossword, I miss neither.

I'm the same. used to read The Scotsman regularly about 15 years ago, now when i'm back home and I pick it up I can't believe how its changed.

Peevemor
27-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm the same. used to read The Scotsman regularly about 15 years ago, now when i'm back home and I pick it up I can't believe how its changed.

When I left, the Alexander McCall Smith love-in was just starting.

WTF was all that about?

GordonR
27-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Continuing circulation falls and financial belt-tightening at the Scotsman have left the paper with far less staff than it used to have, which is obviously going to affect the quality of its journalism. And all the other papers are the same.

Heard from a friend in the in the media recently that there's rumours circulating about a possible merger/buy-out between the Scotsman and the Herald, which is in equally bad trouble.

GordonR
27-08-2009, 09:59 AM
When I left, the Alexander McCall Smith love-in was just starting.

WTF was all that about?

That Scotland Street daily novel thing they ran? The smugness levels in it reached an all time-high when Mccall Smith's pal Ian Rankin turned up as a character in it. :sick:

--------
27-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Continuing circulation falls and financial belt-tightening at the Scotsman have left the paper with far less staff than it used to have, which is obviously going to affect the quality of its journalism. And all the other papers are the same.

Heard from a friend in the in the media recently that there's rumours circulating about a possible merger/buy-out between the Scotsman and the Herald, which is in equally bad trouble.

I usually find that providing I'm careful, I can read all I want to from both these papers at the news-stand in my local Morrisons or Tesco.

Sports news I get on here.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Any other newspaper, i'd say it was sad that an Edinburgh institution will inevitably be subsumed into another weedgie rag. But in this case i'll actually welcome the demise of this timid and reactionary New Town fanzine.

Sergey
27-08-2009, 10:08 AM

DC Thompson are also rumoured to be in the mix.

GordonR
27-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Any other newspaper, i'd say it was sad that an Edinburgh institution will inevitably be subsumed into another weedgie rag. But in this case i'll actually welcome the demise of this timid and reactionary New Town fanzine.

Actually, if it did happen, I'm not sure if the deal wouldn't happen the other way around.

The Herald, while with a slightly higher circulation that the Hootsman, is owned by the STV Group (formerly Scottish Media Group). and the group's been selling off its other non-TV properties - Virgin Radio, a couple of advertising companies etc - to prop up a severely ailing STV.

PS. 'New Town fanzine'. Like it, DSB. :agree:

Edit - bollox. Turns out SMG sold the Herald a couple of years ago to some outfit called Newsquest, who have since compltely gutted the paper.

--------
27-08-2009, 10:18 AM
DC Thompson are also rumoured to be in the mix.

Gonnae amalgamate it with the Beano?

I'd be sorry if that happened. There's a lot more solid news in the Beano these days than there is in the Hootsmon.

Peevemor
27-08-2009, 10:20 AM
That Scotland Street daily novel thing they ran? The smugness levels in it reached an all time-high when Mccall Smith's pal Ian Rankin turned up as a character in it. :sick:

Not only that, it was the fact that there was a different article involving McCall Smith almost every day. It becomes difficult to take a paper seriously when stuff like that is going on.