still gives me goose bumps :top marks

ivan you are a legend :not worth:not worth:not worth

ps please come home you know it makes sense:greengrin

marinello59
27-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Superb.:thumbsup:

Newhaven
27-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Still got my ticket from that game. When the 3rd went in I felt like crying:boo hoo:

Superb day :agree:

Hibbyradge
27-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Still got my ticket from that game. When the 3rd went in I felt like crying:boo hoo:

Me too! :thumbsup:

wazoo1875
27-08-2009, 09:10 AM
:boo hoo: I want him back
How good was that second goal and his celebration :thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
27-08-2009, 10:34 AM
2 Cracking assists from Brown there.

Anyone else spot a young Ross McCormack playing for the huns?

--------
27-08-2009, 10:42 AM
2 Cracking assists from Brown there.

Anyone else spot a young Ross McCormack playing for the huns?

Brown hasn't half gone backwards since he left. He's not half the player he was when he was at ER. Rotten disgrace.

I wasn't of the mind at the time, but now I agree with wazoo - I want him back... :agree:

Erm - who's ROSS McCormack? Any relation to Darren? :cool2:

Violater
27-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Amazing!

:agree:

Dunkin' Donut
27-08-2009, 10:51 AM
you can almost hear archie choking back the tears.:boo hoo:

:top marks

creebo1875
27-08-2009, 10:52 AM
This day should be marked each year with celebrations and be remembered for evermore.That will be one of those games that the lucky few who were there will be able to say in years to come " i was there when ivan scored THAT hat trick at ibrox"

Ivan Sproule we salute you, thanks for the memories.

p.s when you coming back.

EskbankHibby
27-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Brown hasn't half gone backwards since he left. He's not half the player he was when he was at ER. Rotten disgrace.

I wasn't of the mind at the time, but now I agree with wazoo - I want him back... :agree:

Erm - who's ROSS McCormack? Any relation to Darren? :cool2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_McCormack :cool2::wink:

MacBean
27-08-2009, 11:05 AM

me too :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
27-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I've forgotten my Follow Follow login :duck: so could someone just give them a wee reminder what day it is. :greengrin

--------
27-08-2009, 12:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_McCormack :cool2::wink:

Sorry - I meant no offence (and I apologise if I gave any) but what connection has Ross with us?

Apart from being just another Hun on the day?

I must be missing something here. :confused:

Oscar T Grouch
27-08-2009, 12:34 PM
It's the closest I've come to loving a man, Ivan is a Hibee leg end :thumbsup:

Anyone else have hun mates that said that 0-3 at Ibrox would never happen twice :wink:

whereswallace?
27-08-2009, 12:37 PM
This day should be marked each year with celebrations and be remembered for evermore.That will be one of those games that the lucky few who were there will be able to say in years to come " i was there when ivan scored THAT hat trick at ibrox"

Ivan Sproule we salute you, thanks for the memories.

p.s when you coming back.

I wasnt at the game but i remember driving home from my football and listening to it on the radio,i nearly crashed into a bus on Lower Granton Road when the 3rd went in!!!

EskbankHibby
27-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry - I meant no offence (and I apologise if I gave any) but what connection has Ross with us?

Apart from being just another Hun on the day?

I must be missing something here. :confused:

None taken Doddie.

Just found it interesting that a young Ross McCormack played against Hibs that day before leaving the huns to become a great player and Scotland international.

I was thinking all of this but never actually put any of it in my post so any confusion is understandable!

Sir David Gray
27-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Ivan Sproule is a legend.

I absolutely love the guy and would have him back in a heartbeat.

stevo23
27-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Ah the 27th August 2005. I remember that day well. I missed the game as i was getting married. Nothing better than seeing the huns i'm friends with turn up at the evening reception. (i know, i know, i shouldnt mingle with huns!)

Mr Sproule also got the very first vote of thanks in my speech.

I'll always remember that day. Class :thumbsup:

--------
27-08-2009, 03:54 PM
None taken Doddie.

Just found it interesting that a young Ross McCormack played against Hibs that day before leaving the huns to become a great player and Scotland international.

I was thinking all of this but never actually put any of it in my post so any confusion is understandable!

"Great player" and "Scotland international" - there's a couple of phrases i never thought to see in the same sentence referring to the same person again....

You sure we're talking about the same Ross McCormack? :wink:

BigKev
27-08-2009, 03:55 PM
A fantastic day out :agree:

Enjoyed that more than the cup game simply because we'd never done it before and there were only about 850 Hibby's there.

A grand day culminated by the singing of Sunshine on Leith in a karaoke bar on Buchanan Street prior to jumping on the last train home.

Good times...

God bless the wee Irishman :greengrin

MGmick
27-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Having just looked at a BCFC forum it seems Ivan's not particularly loved down there. Bloody shame really. God knows, it was easy to see he wasn't a footballer, but he played like a fan when he was with us and a couple of times he really lived the dream. I'd have him back just for the buzz he could create.

JPrinty
27-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Ah the 27th August 2005. I remember that day well. I missed the game as i was getting married. Nothing better than seeing the huns i'm friends with turn up at the evening reception. (i know, i know, i shouldnt mingle with huns!)

Mr Sproule also got the very first vote of thanks in my speech.

I'll always remember that day. Class :thumbsup:

I got married that day too!! What a day, made better by the fact that my father-in-law's a hun and the result made it into my speech :greengrin

TheBall'sRound
27-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Did anyone notice the other amazing rarity in the commentary?

About midway through...

"Good goalkeeping by Malkowski"

Lightning strikes twice on the same day! :greengrin

hibsdaft
28-08-2009, 12:23 AM
this was a bit of "where were you when..." moment for me.

don't think i'll ever forget listening to the game with my mate and looking at each other with apprehension when Mogga brought on Sproule for O'Connor -then finding out how wrong we were. easy to forget but before that day Sproule really hadn't imposed himself in Scottish football and iirc was rumoured to be leaving us after some booze fueled bust up with Boozy up town the weekend before.

i really think that game might have changed his life.

anyway here was the team from the day:

Malkowski
Whittaker
Hogg
Gary Smith
Murphy
Beuzelin
Michael Stewart
Scott Brown
Thomson (Glass 89)
Shiels (Steven Fletcher 73)
O'Connor (Sproule 63)