PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Arfield and Barr

RickyS
26-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Was told tonight that we are in discussion with falkirk about these two, with a view to moving in this window. Same guy said that an Eddie (greetin faced )May confimed in a newspaper interview that Hibs have bid for Arfield.
not seen it mentioned here, just wondered if anyone else had heard anything?

Both would be good signings I think and two would eventually make us money.

Bayern Bru
26-08-2009, 11:46 PM
I'd imagine there's a good chance that Hughes has been in touch with Scott Arfield...

:wink:

As for Barr, if Bamba really is on his way, then it'd make sense to bring a decent CB in.

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I've not heard anything, but personally I'd take arfield, who could slot in perfectly in midfield, but i'd rather get anderson than Barr, just my opinion

RickyS
26-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I've not heard anything, but personally I'd take arfield, who could slot in perfectly in midfield, but i'd rather get anderson than Barr, just my opinion

I agree with you mate, but has the gaffer not ruled Anderson out?

O'Brien[11]
26-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Signing Arfield would be a great move on the back of stokes signing, would show real ambition and desire to take the club forward aswell as a good understanding and trust between yogi and the board, tbh though we should be signing players of this calibre after raking in the cash from our young players. C'Mon Hibs Arfield and another Defender! you know it makes sense, Get Keenan, JJ, off the wage bill and loan out Byrne, keep Nishy for 1 more year:thumbsup:.

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I agree with you mate, but has the gaffer not ruled Anderson out?

Yeah but you never no with Yogi he may just be keeping the media away and keeping us all off the scent... This fan is keeping his fingers crossed in hope of another great signing! :hmmm:

VegasHibby
27-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Yes Arfield would be a very good signing. Nothing wrong with Barr either.

Hibs7
27-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Feel a bit uncomfortable with this, maybe too many Falkirk players ???:devil:

Jim44
27-08-2009, 09:26 AM

:agree:

Golden Bear
27-08-2009, 09:28 AM

As long as incoming players improve the quality that is on offer then I'm not fussed which club they come from.

Wilson
27-08-2009, 09:34 AM

If they will improve the squad then it doesn't matter where they come from. Barr and Arfield would improve the squad.

Lets not miss out because of some misplaced notion that we're too big to be improved by signing players from a 'smaller' Scottish club.

Barrylavety
27-08-2009, 09:38 AM

GreenOnions
27-08-2009, 09:40 AM

I know what you mean but this way of thinking hasn't discouraged the OF from adding several Hibs players each to their squads. Both Glasgow teams had 3 ex-Hibees playing at the weekend.

By all accounts Yogi managed to assemble half an excellent team at Falkirk and they have been schooled in playing football the right way. His problem was that his budget didn't allow him to fill the remaining half of the team with sufficient quality.

Few SPL fans would have quibbled with signing Stokes, Gow, Arfield or Barr for example.

As long as we sign the best from that team and leave the rest then I'll be happy.

J-C
27-08-2009, 09:42 AM

I think most folk here agreed that Falkirk were a good footballing team last year and only missed a couple of good strikers, what Yogi is doing is taking the best of the Falkirk players and blending them with the best we have.

Craig_in_Prague
27-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I think most folk here agreed that Falkirk were a good footballing team last year and only missed a couple of good strikers, what Yogi is doing is taking the best of the Falkirk players and blending them with the best we have.

and as Yogi has said - by signing ex-players, managers know what they are getting from the players....... This will speed up his process of getting his stamp on the team.
It's very very early days with Yogi in charge, but already there is a massive difference in the team and feeling within the club / support.

Yogi really seems to sign players that finally add value and not just add a wage to the clubs bill.

aberhibsfc
27-08-2009, 09:50 AM
As long as incoming players improve the quality that is on offer then I'm not fussed which club they come from.

Arfield and Barr would be the last two he'd plunder. Pastures anew after that. They are the stars of that team, Yogi will know them very well and what they can deliver. I believe they would certainly add more quality to our team.

--------
27-08-2009, 09:52 AM
If they will improve the squad then it doesn't matter where they come from. Barr and Arfield would improve the squad.

Lets not miss out because of some misplaced notion that we're too big to be improved by signing players from a 'smaller' Scottish club.

Barr and Arfield would mean we had 5 ex-Falkirk players in a first team line-up like this:

Maka
Barr Hogg Bamba Murray
Cregg McBride Arfield
Zouma
Stokes Riordan

Suppose the positions were reversed, and Hughes was still at Falkirk, and we were severely strapped for cash, and he signed the five outfield players of the team NOT from Falkirk? Hogg, Bamba, Murray, Zouma, and Riordan? Or even another five, like Wotherspoon, Rankin, Stevenson, JJ, and Nish?

We'd be gutted to lose so many players, but he'd hardly be weakening his team.

Cregg and McBride are demonstrating their value to the team already. Stokes is yet to find the goal, and maybe needs to remember he has other team-mates than Deek sometimes, but I have no doubt he's a useful acquisition. No question Barr would be an improvement at RB, and Arfield is an exciting young player who'd add to our midfield options and strengthen the squad.

If we get them, and an Arsenal kiddie or two, I'm more than happy.

MacBean
27-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Was told tonight that we are in discussion with falkirk about these two, with a view to moving in this window. Same guy said that an Eddie (greetin faced )May confimed in a newspaper interview that Hibs have bid for Arfield.
not seen it mentioned here, just wondered if anyone else had heard anything?

Both would be good signings I think and two would eventually make us money.

I think this is link your looking for RE: Arfield

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...ns-up-in-air-/ (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...ns-up-in-air-/)

"there have been discussions between Hibs and Falkirk about Scott Arfield but that is as far as it has gone’’ May revealed.’’ I am not aware of an offer being made. We will just have to wait and see what develops because we can’t dictate what other clubs offer for our players."

The Voice Of Reason
27-08-2009, 10:25 AM

:top marks :agree:

passionatehibby
27-08-2009, 11:00 AM
We seem to be forgetting that it was those players that almost got falkirk relegated last season. Signing half the falkirk team seems like the lazy option as far as I am concerned..I sincerely hope this does not come back to bite yogi on the ass.

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2009, 11:09 AM
We seem to be forgetting that it was those players that almost got falkirk relegated last season. Signing half the falkirk team seems like the lazy option as far as I am concerned..I sincerely hope this does not come back to bite yogi on the ass.

Did the players that aren’t as good as these boys have anything to do with it?

I heard that the poor players nearly got them relegated but the good players nearly won them the Cup?

biggie1875
27-08-2009, 11:12 AM
(Did the players that aren’t as good as these boys have anything to do with it?

I heard that the poor players nearly got them relegated but the good players nearly won them the Cup? )

#

Saorsa
27-08-2009, 11:20 AM
We seem to be forgetting that it was those players that almost got falkirk relegated last season. Signing half the falkirk team seems like the lazy option as far as I am concerned..I sincerely hope this does not come back to bite yogi on the ass.One of Falkirks biggest problem last season was they never had anybody decent up front tae stick the ball away, that disnae mean all the players they had were rubbish and IMO we're taking the good ones. Would you argue that any of the players signed so far havnae improved the team? Would you argue that Barr and Arfield wouldnae improve this team? I'm no fussed where players come from as long as they improve the team and IMO the ones signed so far have and these two if we get them would.

magnificent_seven
27-08-2009, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't bother with Arfield, average player IMO who would struggle to get into our starting 11.

Barr on the other hand would be a decent signing, playing either Right back or Centre Half.

passionatehibby
27-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Did the players that aren’t as good as these boys have anything to do with it?

I heard that the poor players nearly got them relegated but the good players nearly won them the Cup?

I seem to recall that football is a team game. Cregg,McBride,Arfield and Barr had a major part to play in almost getting falkirk relegated last season. :agree:

And yes, they also had a major role in guiding falkirk to the cup final last season.. :agree:

Expecting Rain
27-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I`ve always been impressed with Arfield he looks like a player that is going places, not so much with Barr but i would trust Yogi`s judgement without doubt if he signed both.

RickyS
27-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I think this is link your looking for RE: Arfield

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...ns-up-in-air-/ (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...ns-up-in-air-/)

"there have been discussions between Hibs and Falkirk about Scott Arfield but that is as far as it has gone’’ May revealed.’’ I am not aware of an offer being made. We will just have to wait and see what develops because we can’t dictate what other clubs offer for our players."

thanks mate, discussions? means the tache is on the case. theres only ever one winner there:greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
27-08-2009, 11:56 AM
wonder how much??

Offer them DVZ/Keenan + Cash + Player on loan??

£700k plus the rest??

Mikey
27-08-2009, 11:58 AM
One of Falkirks biggest problem last season was they never had anybody decent up front tae stick the ball away, that disnae mean all the players they had were rubbish and IMO we're taking the good ones. Would you argue that any of the players signed so far havnae improved the team? Would you argue that Barr and Arfield wouldnae improve this team? I'm no fussed where players come from as long as they improve the team and IMO the ones signed so far have and these two if we get them would.

Wot he said.

Steve20
27-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't bother with Arfield, average player IMO who would struggle to get into our starting 11.

Arfield would walk into our midfield. He is better than Rankin, Cregg and McBride.

Ceske Bairn
27-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Not that I think either will sign them but both Arfield and Barr have been offered contract extensions by FFC last night.

Barr to 2012 (ends 2010)
Arfield to 2015 (ends 2013)

noz
27-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I'd imagine there's a good chance that Hughes has been in touch with Scott Arfield...

:wink:

As for Barr, if Bamba really is on his way, then it'd make sense to bring a decent CB in.

Barr's been moved to RB, he's only 5'10" ish, no tall enough IMO for a CB. Hogg's under 6ft also.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2009, 12:09 PM

:agree: There have been scores of players in last few seasons that would improve us - I can think of 5 from/at Dundee for example Harkins, Griffiths, Dixon, Robertson, McDonald - plus Livi - Dorrans, Snodgrass etc ..

Not to mention players at Falkirk such as Barr and Arfield. Both would be improvements on what we have

PeterboroHibee
27-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Barr's been moved to RB, he's only 5'10" ish, no tall enough IMO for a CB. Hogg's under 6ft also.

Thats my whole issue with these signings, we would be a fairly small team if Bamba goes, can see us losing quite a few unnecessary goals due to the lack of height.

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Hogg's under 6ft also.

No he's not. His height seems to be deceiving. I'm just over 6' tall, and when I met him at the sponsors night, he was taller than me. And I didn't notice him wearing heels :wink:

ALF TUPPER
27-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Altogether now .............

Glory Glory to the Hi-Bairns :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
27-08-2009, 12:31 PM
An extra day in the Transfer window. Moved to 5pm on tuesday due to a bank holiday :wink:

Sylar
27-08-2009, 12:32 PM
An extra day in the Transfer window. Moved to 5pm on tuesday due to a bank holiday :wink:

That's a blessing and a curse.

--------
27-08-2009, 12:33 PM

Another 24 hours of speculation and rumour?

Oh goodie! Just what we need. :rolleyes:

ScottB
27-08-2009, 12:34 PM
:agree: There have been scores of players in last few seasons that would improve us - I can think of 5 from/at Dundee for example Harkins, Griffiths, Dixon, Robertson, McDonald - plus Livi - Dorrans, Snodgrass etc ..

Not to mention players at Falkirk such as Barr and Arfield. Both would be improvements on what we have

Agree. Considering the never ending moaning people had about us signing French 3rd Division players and not established SPL players, now all we get is moaning about the SPL players we've signed and signing too many Falkirk ones.

I'd be delighted to add Barr and Arfield.

Sylar
27-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Stack

Barr Hogg Bamba

Cregg

Zemamma Arfield Murray

Riordan

Stokes Benji

That would be a fairly fantastic lineup, should it come to fruition, with a very strong bench of:

Maka, Hanlon, Nish, Rankin, McBride, Stevenson, Byrne, Wotherspoon, JJ

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Stack

Barr Hogg Bamba

Cregg

Zemamma Arfield Murray

Riordan

Stokes Benji

That would be a fairly fantastic lineup, should it come to fruition, with a very strong bench of:

Maka, Hanlon, Nish, Rankin, JJ, Stevenson, Byrne, Wotherspoon

McBride not even making the bench?

Sylar
27-08-2009, 12:43 PM
McBride not even making the bench?

Knew i'd forgotten someone!

There are too many potential lineups if those 2 sign - certainly enough possibilities to get the juices flowing (any Freudians out there can bugger right off!).

sambajustice
27-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Stack

Barr Hogg Bamba

Cregg

Zemamma Arfield Murray

Riordan

Stokes Benji

Maka, Hanlon, Nish, Rankin, JJ, Stevenson, Byrne, Wotherspoon

Hmmm, is Rankin no likely to be playing instead of Benji? Then Riordan up front, Arfield or Zemmama "in the hole" and then Rankin in the middle. By all accounts Rankin has had fairly solid start to the season!

We still have to sign two of these players mind you!! Which I dont think we'll do, not both!

Sylar
27-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Hmmm, is Rankin no likely to be playing instead of Benji? Then Riordan up front, Arfield or Zemmama "in the hole" and then Rankin in the middle. By all accounts Rankin has had fairly solid start to the season!

We still have to sign two of these players mind you!! Which I dont think we'll do, not both!

To be honest, that was my concept, rather than what I reckon the team is liable to be. Either way, we're going to have one or two players who will be disappointed to be on the bench, but I hope Yogi will keep a hold of them, as the ability to rotate, change and add freshness to the side on a regular basis is crucial.

I don't think we'll sign both in this transfer window, but I'm hopeful we can lure Barr in to signing a pre-contract, which will see him arriving in January!

Green Man
27-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Stack

Barr Hogg Bamba

Cregg

Zemamma Arfield Murray

Riordan

Stokes Benji

Maka, Hanlon, Nish, Rankin, McBride, Stevenson, Byrne, Wotherspoon, JJ

A 9 man bench is cheating :greengrin

Sylar
27-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Nobody will notice :wink:

Baw187
27-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I have no idea where we fit in all the players we have (midfield and attack) nevermind signing more.

I don't think anyone could argue that we should be dropping Mcbride, Cregg, or even (to a lesser extent) Rankin. But that's only 4-3-3.

Assuming Deek and Stokes are always starting, where does Galbraith, Zemmama, Wotherspoon, and Nish fit in? ?

The way we've been setting up, Galbraith won't get a game unless Deek's out.

So if Arfield comes in, where does he play???

Stevie Reid
27-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think anyone could argue with dropping Mcbride, Cregg, or even (to a lesser extent) Rankin

I beg to differ. McBride and Cregg are instrumental in us playing the way we do, Rankin's been good as well so far. Zemamma will come in at RM, anyone else will wait until their opportunity comes around

Kaiser1962
27-08-2009, 01:13 PM

I don't think that's the case. I think the issue is that Falkirk almost got relegated last season and we seem to be purchasing them en masse. However, as has already been said, in Yogi we trust................

ancient hibee
27-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't think that's the case. I think the issue is that Falkirk almost got relegated last season and we seem to be purchasing them en masse. However, as has already been said, in Yogi we trust................

Think he might have been at Falkirk last year as well.

Baw187
27-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I beg to differ. McBride and Cregg are instrumental in us playing the way we do, Rankin's been good as well so far. Zemamma will come in at RM, anyone else will wait until their opportunity comes around

I've edited it... meant that nobody could make an arguement for dropping any of them. McBride and Cregg, in particular, have been excellent.

Stevie Reid
27-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I've edited it... meant that nobody could make an arguement for dropping any of them. McBride and Cregg, in particular, have been excellent.

:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Been a bit worried too about signing too many Falkirk players.

But then I remember last seasons Cup Final where Falkirk played the Current Buns off the park. If they had had Deeks or Stokes or a fit and up for it Benji. Aye, and even Nishy up front who knows what the outcome might have been.

:rolleyes:

RIP
27-08-2009, 01:32 PM

John Rankin has been our most improved player under Yogi. So many assists in the last few games I've literally lost count. Love the way he does the chest pass. Gets stuck in, tracks back and his crossing (not shooting) at corners and free kicks is better than Riordan.

Add to that he's the fittest guy at the club, lives the Yogi lifestyle and has formed a great relationship with Deek

He's really gone up in my estimation. Just shows that Parky knew what he was doing when he brought him south!

MacBean
27-08-2009, 01:32 PM
As per my other thread about Ewan Moyes, his dad also mentioned that ths signings of Barr and Arfield are very probably... only passing on what he said:duck:

sevenil
27-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Another voice here agreeing that it would be a bad thing to poach too many Falkirk players. We've taken what, a couple, that should be enough.
Always think that a Manager making a heavy raid on his old club shows maybe a lack of confidence in being able to assess what's available in the wider market. On top of that it's very disrespectful to his old club.
Sorry Yogi, but if that's the plan I'm uncomfortable with it. On the other hand why not go for Anderson, if he's fit?

Just my tuppence worth.

ancient hibee
27-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Been a bit worried too about signing too many Falkirk players.

But then I remember last seasons Cup Final where Falkirk played the Current Buns off the park. If they had had Deeks or Stokes or a fit and up for it Benji. Aye, and even Nishy up front who knows what the outcome might have been.

:rolleyes:

So whose shoes would you rather have been in at the end?Falkirk could still be playing without scoring.Wasn't the lack of a striker it was the failure of the midfield to put the ball where it mattered.

BSEJVT
27-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Another voice here agreeing that it would be a bad thing to poach too many Falkirk players. We've taken what, a couple, that should be enough.
Always think that a Manager making a heavy raid on his old club shows maybe a lack of confidence in being able to assess what's available in the wider market. On top of that it's very disrespectful to his old club.
Sorry Yogi, but if that's the plan I'm uncomfortable with it. On the other hand why not go for Anderson, if he's fit?

Just my tuppence worth.

To be honest people are in danger of getting this arse over tit.

I dont think many would disagree that Arfield & Barr would improve Hibs and if they had signed first there would have been no dissent.

As it happens Cregg & McBride were readily available on free's and action was imperative to get them before someone else offered a contract.

Yogi signed them and I have personally been impressed by both.

The other option was for Yogi to take a Bosman punt on guys he didnt know.

The case for not doing so is borne out by the following alumni, with apologies for any omissions:

Morais, Noubissie, Thicot, Keenan, HKT.

I think the upping in quality targets comes as a result of the support returning in greater numbers to buy season ticket's than had originally been envisaged and player budgets being revised substantially upwise.

BSEJVT
27-08-2009, 03:25 PM

This is one area where hibs have missed out big time, in failing to pick up scottish youngsters for ****pence for clubs desperate for cash in the hope they could make the grade.

Only the ill fated Kevin Nicol experiment springs to mind.

IMO too much emphasis on fancy dan Bosman's from would be fancy dan managers such as JC & Mixu

jgl07
27-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Hogg is 6 foot tall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hogg

jgl07
27-08-2009, 03:41 PM
To be honest people are in danger of getting this arse over tit.

I dont think many would disagree that Arfield & Barr would improve Hibs and if they had signed first there would have been no dissent.

As it happens Cregg & McBride were readily available on free's and action was imperative to get them before someone else offered a contract.

Yogi signed them and I have personally been impressed by both.

Cregg and McBride are never going to be world class players but they were exactly what Hibs needed. They both seem able to manage the simple things well including tracking back, tackling, and passing.

Chisholm got a lot of stick last season but Hibs always seemed to play better when he was in the side bacause he was a genuine midfielder not a forward or a defender sattempting to play midfield. He could do the simple things well most of the time. Cregg and McBride are both far better than Chisholm and they are a major factor in a much improved Hibs midfield this season.

MSK
27-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Hogg is 6 foot tall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_HoggThats what bugs me about folk complaining about Hogg's height...or lack of it ..as far as ive seen if i could pick out a fault in Hogg's play it certainly wouldnt be his ability to head a ball !!

Bobo Balde is a 6 foot god knows what monster but he still missed his fair share of ariel challenges..

Watching the yams against Zagreb last week & the high balls punted into their box ... yam players 6ft 3 but when they jumped they were 5 ft 9 !!! ..:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2009, 04:05 PM
So whose shoes would you rather have been in at the end?Falkirk could still be playing without scoring.Wasn't the lack of a striker it was the failure of the midfield to put the ball where it mattered.

Whos shoes ? The Current Buns I suppose.

The midfield would have needed a striker / strikers who could make space for the pass with good movement or speed. Neither of which Falkirk had on the day or for most, if not all, of last season.

Dalkeith Hibee
27-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I'd be happy if we got Arfield in and dropped Rankin who IMO is the weakest player in our starting 11 at present.

I reckon when Zemamma and McCann get back to full fitness and Murray returns, that would give us as strong a starting 11 we have had for years.

JimBHibees
27-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Personally would prefer Arfield, cant see Hibs getting both. Would also like Anderson and Woods the Pars right back. This would lilely mean Bamba and some other squad players leaving IMO.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2009, 05:57 PM
This is one area where hibs have missed out big time, in failing to pick up scottish youngsters for ****pence for clubs desperate for cash in the hope they could make the grade.

Only the ill fated Kevin Nicol experiment springs to mind.

IMO too much emphasis on fancy dan Bosman's from would be fancy dan managers such as JC & Mixu

Yup - spot on. Although I think RP will pick up on this (he's always behind my thinking :greengrin):wink:

YehButNoBut
27-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Anyone heard of this guy as some punter on the EN forum has posted this

"Looks like Hibs are signing Lubomir Michalik. He would be a good signing."

On Wikipedia it says he is a 6" 4' Slovakian defender currently with Leeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%BDubom%C3%ADr_Michal%C3%ADk

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Yup - spot on. Although I think RP will pick up on this (he's always behind my thinking :greengrin):wink:

would this make us similar to Celtc or Rangers where we pick up smaller teams players that make us stronger and sell them on for a profit?

007 Mickey Weir
27-08-2009, 06:18 PM
So do we think Barr & Arfield in.

Nish, Bamba, JJ, Keenan, Thicot out??

Wilson, Deane, Currie, Welsh, Booth & Moyes out on loan with the option of recalling them.

BT58
27-08-2009, 06:29 PM
russel anderson was "spotted" in the stands at easter road last night, so says a guy on the bounce
can anyone confirm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thought JH had refuted suggestions that he was after RA
so thats arfield, anderson,barr,ahem skacel, all gonna sign by tuesday????
methinks RP will have kittens if we sign all of them :wink::wink::wink:
hb
mind you would be some team/squad :agree::agree::agree:

Dibben
27-08-2009, 07:02 PM
would this make us similar to Celtc or Rangers where we pick up smaller teams players that make us stronger and sell them on for a profit?

No, as we would more than likely play them!!!

BH.

BEEJ
27-08-2009, 07:39 PM
So do we think Barr & Arfield in.

Nish, Bamba, JJ, Keenan, Thicot out??

Wilson, Deane, Currie, Welsh, Booth & Moyes out on loan with the option of recalling them.
Booth is not yet a member of the first-team squad.

As for the rest, that would be 10 players out and just two in, leaving a squad of 21 players. This squad plays the reserve team fixtures as well.

So I doubt that we'll see as many players leaving or as many going out on loan.

Brooster
27-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Booth is not yet a member of the first-team squad.

As for the rest, that would be 10 players out and just two in, leaving a squad of 21 players. This squad plays the reserve team fixtures as well.
So I doubt that we'll see as many players leaving or as many going out on loan.

There is no Reserve League this season mate.

BEEJ
27-08-2009, 07:51 PM
There is no Reserve League this season mate.
Neither there is! :hmmm:

I remember that the SPL clubs were discussing it but thought that they had decided to run it for another year.

Oh well, let's sell / loan out 12 players then. :greengrin