PDA

View Full Version : Question Anthony Stokes Goal Drought; Should we be concerned?

London Hibs FC
26-08-2009, 08:34 PM
:wink:

Seems that he did everything but score tonight!

Has been with us for less than a week but is already showing a great understanding of his team-mates, Riordan in particular!

Can see him bursting the net a couple of times on Sunday :agree: :pray:

CRAZYHIBBY
26-08-2009, 08:36 PM
not Hibs class im afraid:bitchy:

heidtheba
26-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Stokes - no goals scored thus far...
Nade - no goals scored thus far...

hmm

Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

Seriously though the boy seems to be getting into amazing positions considering (from what I can gather) he should really be rustier than the unpainted section of the Forth Bridge.

Well done m'boy

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Even on Saturday when it was clearly obvious he was well short of match fitness, you could just see the sheer quality of him in terms of the runs he makes and his twists and turns past the defender.

When he's up and running and at optimum fitness, he's going to burst the net a good 20 times this season if he doesn't get injured.

I'd honestly go as far to say if he played 35 games this season he'll hit 20 goals minimum.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-08-2009, 08:45 PM
:wink:

Seems that he did everyting but score tonight!

Has been with us for less than a week but is already showing a great understanding with his team-mates, Riordan in particular!

Can see him bursting the net a couple of times on Sunday :agree: :pray:

Give him another 3 years of that kind of form and he'll be challenging that Nade chump from across the city for a place in the YamsNil team.

Vlad-the-Hibby will be salivating at the thought of such a non-scoring striker and looking to bust the Yam overdraft to add Stokes to his squad.

Did you know an anagram of Anthony Stokes is "kany score to helpmasel" ?

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2009, 09:15 PM
He had a cracking shot that was going in in the second half but yep did everything bar score. We won't be waiting long!

HibbyKeith
26-08-2009, 09:17 PM
almost a case of trying too hard, some fantastic passes aswell as good goal scoring positioning, they will come and when they do it will be by the barrow load.

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2009, 09:20 PM
almost a case of trying too hard, some fantastic passes aswell as good goal scoring positioning, they will come and when they do it will be by the barrow load.

:agree: Sums it up perfectly.

hibee_girl
26-08-2009, 09:24 PM

:agree:

Was very impressed with Stokes tonight, some of his touches were fantastic, all he needed was a goal and he looked like he was desperate to get one as well.

ronaldo7
26-08-2009, 09:26 PM
3rd time lucky on Sunday:thumbsup:

.Louise.
26-08-2009, 09:27 PM
3rd time lucky on Sunday:thumbsup:

I think so too!

He was really unlucky tonight! I can definately see him scoring lots when he gets upto full match fitness! :)

whereswallace?
26-08-2009, 09:31 PM
It looks like Deek and Stokes have built up a bit of a relationship already,at one point i thought it was their bal and no-one else was getting a shot :greengrin Good to see though. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
26-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Stokes'll tuck this Sunday ..

bingo70
26-08-2009, 09:36 PM
It looks like Deek and Stokes have built up a bit of a relationship already,at one point i thought it was their bal and no-one else was getting a shot :greengrin Good to see though. :thumbsup:

liked the nick name given to them on the bounce.........the ant and deek show :thumbsup:

whereswallace?
26-08-2009, 09:39 PM
liked the nick name given to them on the bounce.........the ant and deek show :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

jabis
26-08-2009, 09:51 PM
for a player that's not really fit,I was gobsmacked at the amount of running he does,even after 85 mins.
ant and deeks right enough :thumbsup:

HibeeUnderwood
26-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Stokes was Konte in disguise tonight! :devil:

Westie1875
26-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Deek tried to set him up a number of times tonight, it was just an unlucky night for Stokes - he will score on Sunday with that clown Boruc in goals :greengrin

MacBean
26-08-2009, 10:49 PM
two games and yeah hes a bit rusty, but god hes offered us so much more, his delivery is simply fantastic! He might not score on Sunday and we shouldnt get on his back, he will bang them in!!!

Darth Hibbie
26-08-2009, 10:50 PM
two games and yeah hes a bit rusty, but god hes offered us so much more, his delivery is simply fantastic! He might not score on Sunday and we shouldnt get on his back, he will bang them in!!!

:agree:

Once his fitness is up he will be challenging deeks for top scorer.

zlatan
26-08-2009, 10:53 PM
After missing the 1 on 1 in the first half he was trying to hard, would've got a couple if he kept it simple but so would the rest of the strikers :greengrin

He's our own Forlan I reckon