PDA

View Full Version : blackburn alledgedly scouting bamba (merged)

forthhibby
26-08-2009, 12:37 PM
not surprised at this after his performance against them in pre season friendly

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-scouts-checked-hibs-defender-bamba-278071

heretoday
26-08-2009, 12:48 PM
They've already got Samba. Now it's Bamba......any truth in the rumour that they've been onto Tynie to see if there is a Yamba available?

BigKev
26-08-2009, 01:46 PM
According to this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209188/Manchester-United-winger-search-France-Blackburn-weigh-Hibs-defender-Souleymane-Bamba.html?ITO=1490) in th Daily Mail he was scouted last weekend.

MrSmith
26-08-2009, 01:53 PM
my sneaky womens intution is telling me a deal has been done concerning Bamba - to where is anybody's guess?? :grr:

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Sol's gauin naewhair!

Source - Sanity and sensible thinking. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Doubt they'd be daft enough to do a deal now. I reckon that there will be a few hefty bids flying in come Jan/ next summer, and his value is only going in one direction.

Agree with Blackpool Hibs that he's inevitably Premiership bound. I think we'll hold off the Blackburn's, Bolton's and Wigan's to see if any Arsenal/Liverpool type interest does materialise. I'm sure Rod smells an auction here and I don't reckon he'd be wrong.

forthhibby
26-08-2009, 02:22 PM
2 year left in his contract, world cup appearance next summer with the ivory coast, sol's value could rocket if he has a good world cup.

SlickShoes
26-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Funny to think that as he signed for us the dunfermline fans were glad to be shot of him and thought he was a shambles. Interesting to see how it can turn around into him being touted for the premiership now.

--------
26-08-2009, 02:26 PM
2 year left in his contract, world cup appearance next summer with the ivory coast, sol's value could rocket if he has a good world cup.

As The Tache very well knows.

One good season with Hughes, a decent African nations and World Cup - by this time next year we could be naming our price.

Can't see a canny man like Oor Rod selling Sol just yet.

scott7_0(Prague)
26-08-2009, 02:27 PM

But surely that would not matter as he would have less than 1year left on his contract...........

stubru59
26-08-2009, 02:31 PM
But surely that would not matter as he would have less than 1year left on his contract...........

Probably enable us to get 3-4 times what we paid for him.

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 02:32 PM
As The Tache very well knows.

One good season with Hughes, a decent African nations and World Cup - by this time next year we could be naming our price.

Can't see a canny man like Oor Rod selling Sol just yet.
:agree: correcticus

Woody1985
26-08-2009, 02:37 PM

Ideally we should extend it for a year with a payrise and promise to sell his after the WC should a decent bid / team come in for him. That way we'll get more cash for him due to having 2 years remaining.

On the flipside he might not want it because a lesser fee = more wages for him when he does leave.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 03:05 PM
You would have to be blind, not to see Bamba's potential. He will play in the premiership. Blackburn, Bolton, wigan Burnley, Teams like that who play in that league all have big strong men at the back. FFS Steven Caldwell is Burnley centre half. Bamba is as good as anything in those teams, if not better. I'd like to see us cash in after the world cup, but a stupid offer now will probably temp Hibs, especially if the money is used to strenghthen the team with a few good signings.

Perspective
26-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Probably enable us to get 3-4 times what we paid for him.

Could be wrong, but was there not a story at the time of his arrival stating that Dunfermline would be entitled to half of a future transfer fee?

It would need to be a hefty sum to make it worth our while.

jgl07
26-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Could be wrong, but was there not a story at the time of his arrival stating that Dunfermline would be entitled to half of a future transfer fee?

It would need to be a hefty sum to make it worth our while.
Aye and there is a story that Sunderland will get 90% of any transfer deal for Stokes.

I didn't believe that either.

Perspective
26-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Aye and there is a story that Sunderland will get 90% of any transfer deal for Stokes.

I can believe the Bamba one (perhaps not half) and the same thing was said after Riordan's return.

Clubs will look at the amount we can get for players and fancy their slice.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/sfl/sfl-1st-division/2008/09/21/sol-could-land-pars-100-000-78057-20746562/

m_hibs
26-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Aye, 90% would be pointless, there would be no incentive for us to sell, so Sunderland would never get any money.

matty_f
26-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I can believe the Bamba one (perhaps not half) and the same thing was said after Riordan's return.

Clubs will look at the amount we can get for players and fancy their slice.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/sfl/sfl-1st-division/2008/09/21/sol-could-land-pars-100-000-78057-20746562/

By the look of that, we've agreed to take the amount to £100k if we sell him - it's not going to increase with the amount of the transfer IMHO.

I agree with the points above - if he has a good season and gets to the World Cup and does well - we'll sell him at a big price.

hibbybrian
26-08-2009, 03:58 PM
By the look of that, we've agreed to take the amount to £100k if we sell him - it's not going to increase with the amount of the transfer IMHO.

I agree with the points above - if he has a good season and gets to the World Cup and does well - we'll sell him at a big price.

A reported £50,000 fee was struck - but that figure may approach £100,000 depending on his impact with Mixu Paatelainen's outfit.

The Pars are also understood to have inserted a sell-on clause meaning they would cash in further if the ex-Paris Saint-Germain player secured a big money move elsewhere.

Looks like the 100,000 is due to performance and the sell on is in addition to this - Petrie :grr:

ancient hibee
26-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I put the big improvement in Bamba since his move from Dunfermline down to the expert coaching of Mixu:wink:

Hibs90
26-08-2009, 04:01 PM
He will be going to Arsenal. :wink::greengrin

Aldo
26-08-2009, 07:16 PM
You would have to be blind, not to see Bamba's potential. He will play in the premiership. Blackburn, Bolton, wigan Burnley, Teams like that who play in that league all have big strong men at the back. FFS Steven Caldwell is Burnley centre half. Bamba is as good as anything in those teams, if not better. I'd like to see us cash in after the world cup, but a stupid offer now will probably temp Hibs, especially if the money is used to strenghthen the team with a few good signings.

Blackpool lets hope RP doesnt sell him near the end of this window cos like you say he is an absolute gem....we should get him on a longer contract and come next summer we will be quids in IMHO. Would like to keep him and if he keeps playing the way he does then a bid from our EPL conterparts in the region of about 1.5 to 2 mill would do me fine. (May be worth even more should he play a bit at WC)

Need him to stay and play the way he has been playing IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 07:26 PM
[/B]

Blackpool lets hope RP doesnt sell him near the end of this window cos like you say he is an absolute gem....we should get him on a longer contract and come next summer we will be quids in IMHO. Would like to keep him and if he keeps playing the way he does then a bid from our EPL conterparts in the region of about 1.5 to 2 mill would do me fine. (May be worth even more should he play a bit at WC)

Need him to stay and play the way he has been playing IMHO.

I agree, i personally think he's vital for us at this moment in time. He's holding the defence together, Hogg is not great, and wont win many headers, and is about as strong as me. We need Sol's presence, he is a leader. His height and strength are vital, along with his football ability. He will go to the premeirship, but lets get another season out of him first.

Aldo
26-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I agree, i personally think he's vital for us at this moment in time. He's holding the defence together, Hogg is not great, and wont win many headers, and is about as strong as me. We need Sol's presence, he is a leader. His height and strength are vital, along with his football ability. He will go to the premeirship, but lets get another season out of him first.

You look strong enough lifting that ****ing massive Kebab ma man...anyway Bamba for me like I say must stay...at least until the end of the season (hopefully) He will be off to the African Nations cup in Jan or there or there about and again if he plays well there then his stock goes up. This lad for me is quality and one of the best (if not the best) athlete at the club. very mobile for a big man. I think Hughes knows this but if the right bid is offered then he might be sold. (lets hope not)

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 07:50 PM
You look strong enough lifting that ****ing massive Kebab ma man...
I'm on a diet at the moment, its taking a bit of my strength away.:wink:

anyway Bamba for me like I say must stay...at least until the end of the season (hopefully) He will be off to the African Nations cup in Jan or there or there about and again if he plays well there then his stock goes up. This lad for me is quality and one of the best (if not the best) athlete at the club. very mobile for a big man. I think Hughes knows this but if the right bid is offered then he might be sold. (lets hope not)

I agree with all that, i hope we can get to the end of this window with him still at the club.

Aldo
26-08-2009, 08:01 PM
A diet...youve been eating that big mother for ages man?? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 08:06 PM
A diet...youve been eating that big mother for ages man?? :wink:

Its not me, thats boltonhibs, his third kebab of that night.:greengrin

Aldo
26-08-2009, 08:08 PM
You pervert...you standing in the corner with a camera, getting all excited taking a picture of a man gettting his lips around some...sorry better stop.

PS WHy is the piccy all blurry..could you no keep the camera still. :wink:

Did I take that too far??

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 08:11 PM
You pervert...you standing in the corner with a camera, getting all excited taking a picture of a man gettting his lips around some...sorry better stop.

PS WHy is the piccy all blurry..could you no keep the camera still. :wink:

Did I take that too far??

Auto focus is not all its cracked up to be.:greengrin

Aldo
26-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Aye thats you excuse!!!

BoltonHibee
26-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Its not me, thats boltonhibs, his third kebab of that night.:greengrin

You've done it now!

Revenge will be sweet:wink: (not A sweet by the way)

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 08:28 PM
You've done it now!

Revenge will be sweet:wink: (not A sweet by the way)

Coe on Moray, you know you like a bit of food. That much so, you cant even give pizza 15 minutes in the oven, 3 minutes max, and its in your gob.

BoltonHibee
26-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Coe on Moray, you know you like a bit of food. That much so, you cant even give pizza 15 minutes in the oven, 3 minutes max, and its in your gob.

Shut it BlackpoolNade

dp00
26-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Bamba defo away... Arfield and barr coming in, in the next few days

Golden Bear
26-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Says who? (and I don't mean you!)

dp00
26-08-2009, 09:09 PM
it was then confirmed more or less by tam the kitman at fulltime when a supporter asked him

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Source?

Always wanted to say that :greengrin:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-08-2009, 09:10 PM
They've already got Samba. Now it's Bamba......any truth in the rumour that they've been onto Tynie to see if there is a Yamba available?

... are they sponsored by Adidas?... boom boom :greengrin

Would like to keep big Bamba till the end of the season, not sure now about Murray and Hoggie at the back....

bingo70
26-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't think it made sense to rest Bamba for tonight when him and Hogg are still trying to forge a partnership together, i understand Yogi would have been keen to give Murray a game but i thought he would have been played at left back, considering thats where he's more likely to play when his suspension ends.

Unless of course Bamba was injured for tonight, in which case i'm talking pish :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2009, 09:12 PM
If Petrie's settled for anything less than a million for big Sol I would be absolutely fuming.

Even if it was £2m I'd still feel short changed, Bamba's the man :boo hoo:

Golden Bear
26-08-2009, 09:12 PM
it was then confirmed more or less by tam the kitman at fulltime when a supporter asked him

Ah well - that's a source higher than the good Lord himself!

:greengrin

Cropley10
26-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Funny to think that as he signed for us the dunfermline fans were glad to be shot of him and thought he was a shambles. Interesting to see how it can turn around into him being touted for the premiership now.

Credit to Mixu then... I recall that wonker Preston laughing on the radio last August when news came through that we'd signed Bamba from the Pars.

Frazerbob
26-08-2009, 10:16 PM

Not the Pars fans I know (I work in Dunfermline). To a man they were all gutted we signed him. Their best player by some way (at the time) in their opinion and most were suprised he had not been snapped up sooner.

PeterboroHibee
26-08-2009, 10:23 PM
If we sell Bamba then we become a tiny team, where does the height come from? Not saying you need a team of big guys but its important to have a couple of big guys for set pieces and dealing with crosses.

Arfield is a good player (Barr's pish though) but isnt the sort of player we should be looking at if Bamba goes.

silverhibee
26-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I heard tonight at the game that Bamba is down in Blackburn having talks with them.:grr:

RickyS
26-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I heard tonight at the game that Bamba is down in Blackburn having talks with them.:grr:

please noooooooooo, even Barr coming in wouldnae soften the blow

BigKev
26-08-2009, 11:52 PM
If we sell Bamba then we become a tiny team, where does the height come from? Not saying you need a team of big guys but its important to have a couple of big guys for set pieces and dealing with crosses.

Arfield is a good player (Barr's nade though) but isnt the sort of player we should be looking at if Bamba goes.

Aye very good...

What do you base that on?

jgl07
26-08-2009, 11:55 PM
There has been no confirmation from the Easter Road fishman so I remain sceptical.

Billychaotic182
26-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I think i may Cry if bamba goes. He is my Nephews fave player and he was gutted when deano left. Dont know how he will act if bamba goes :dummytit:

matty_f
27-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't think it made sense to rest Bamba for tonight when him and Hogg are still trying to forge a partnership together, i understand Yogi would have been keen to give Murray a game but i thought he would have been played at left back, considering thats where he's more likely to play when his suspension ends.

Unless of course Bamba was injured for tonight, in which case i'm talking nade :greengrin

Bear in mind that Bamba's had international football as well, so he's had more games than most of the other players - it might just be a case of Yogi giving him a rest.

Also, Bamba picks up bookings like YamsNil pick up dud strikers - he was maybe being saved from a potential ban.:dunno:

Dr_Regal
27-08-2009, 12:08 AM
From a respected Daily mirror source who knows his stuff-

"Bamba went missing at Hibs tonight, but he has gone home to Paris for two days."

then later

"Bamba has definitely been given a couple of days off.
Hibs would sell. I know that for a fact.
Rovers liked him after the pre-season game and watched him at the weekend."

Purehibee_MYB
27-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I was considering getting Bamba on the back of my shirt for this season's shirt, thought it was wise to wait til the transfer window is closed, if bamba left i think the club would require at least 2 days of mourning, in my eyes Bamba can do nothing wrong, EVER, dont know why, its just his personality!

RickyS
27-08-2009, 12:26 AM
From a respected Daily mirror source who knows his stuff-

"Bamba went missing at Hibs tonight, but he has gone home to Paris for two days."

then later

"Bamba has definitely been given a couple of days off.
Hibs would sell. I know that for a fact.
Rovers liked him after the pre-season game and watched him at the weekend."

everyone has their price, but were we are different from them yams (apart from actually having someone worth buying) is that it will be on our terms or not at all. in rod we trust

zlatan
27-08-2009, 01:16 AM
I think i may Cry if bamba goes. He is my Nephews fave player and he was gutted when deano left. Dont know how he will act if bamba goes :dummytit:

I just got 'Sol 26' tattooed on my left moob :grr:

I'll be devastated if he leaves in the next week, the mans been a revelation for us and it'd be nice to see his talent for at least another season.

PeterboroHibee
27-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Aye very good...

What do you base that on?

That Ive watched him play! Ridiculous if we replace Bamba with him.

GreenOnions
27-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I just got 'Sol 26' tattooed on my left moob :grr:

I'll be devastated if he leaves in the next week, the mans been a revelation for us and it'd be nice to see his talent for at least another season.

:cool2: The thought of these words jiggling up and down as you run is rather putting me off my mid-morning snack.

J-C
27-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I think you're all forgetting Bamba has a few personal problems in Edinburgh concerning a certain lap dancer, I'm sure if he goes that'll have a lot to do with it.

Expecting Rain
27-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Bamba has done well since he came to ER and i`d rather he stayed at the moment but i think there`s a wee bit of exaggeration about how good he actually is, he`s also hot headed and walks a fine line with referees, especially our lot.