PDA

View Full Version : Yogi interview on hibernianfc.co.uk

Leith Green
26-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Interesting piece.

Says it will more or less be his first eleven playing tonigh barring a couple of players being rested. Also says quite a lot of players from the Falkirk game need to get that performence out of their system..

Also goes on to say he feels sorry for Colin Nish and the flak he takes from some fans for his playing style etc..

Seems as if it's gonna be Nish ,Riordan and Stokes as his first choice three forwards for the season ahead..

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Canny help thinking that big Yogi takes more than a passing interest in Hibs.Net and his comment was a kick up the bum for the Nishy bashers on here and elsewhere.

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on Nishy myself :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
26-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Canny help thinking that big Yogi takes more than a passing interest in Hibs.Net and his comment was a kick up the bum for the Nishy bashers on here and elsewhere.

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on Nishy myself :rolleyes:

:agree:

The great enigma? flatters to deceive? Brilliant? Haddy?

Nishy is all of of these things and you never know just what you'll get. (but neither does he I suspect:wink:)

bighairyfaeleith
26-08-2009, 12:09 PM
sorrry but nish is ****, whether yogi agrees or not :agree:

CyberSauzee
26-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Nish did a shít load of work up front against Falkirk chasing down defenders. Went unnoticed by most. He'll never be a 20 goal a season player but he'll lead the line and link up very well, and contribute 10/12 a season. The main problem is 3 up front with no width. Stokes, Riordan and Nish will inevitably get in each others way at times.

Franck is God
26-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure if you ask the defenders of the SPL who they'd rather not be playing against I would think that Nish would be on quite a few lists.

He is a good SPL striker and will score his share and set up a few too, he isn't flash and rarely gets the spectacular goals and because he looks a bit ungainly at times he gets accused of being slow and lazy which are both unjustified comments.

Every fan has their favourite players and the ones they like to criticise and unfortunately I doubt that will ever change.

Nish could score in every game and Maka could never concede another goal again in a Hibs shirt yet according to some on this board Nish should still never start and Maka is an accident waiting to happen.

Jonnyboy
26-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Worth having a look at this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League#Top_scorers

Lovell is mince so will soon be overtaken. Crawford and Dodds both retired so Nishy could soon be 7th

Not bad for a player many think is Nade :wink:

stubru59
26-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Lovell is mince so will soon be overtaken. Crawford and Dodds both retired so Nishy could soon be 7th

Not bad for a player many think is Nade :wink:

Well, who would have thought Nish had unseen goals behind him too!

Hibee87
26-08-2009, 01:00 PM

Id also hazard a guess that henriks record will be broken this season.

Hibee87
26-08-2009, 01:08 PM

hibbybrian
26-08-2009, 01:21 PM

:hmmm: I doubt his record for "least touches on a debut before the opposition scores" will ever be broken :tee hee:

Leith Green
26-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure if you ask the defenders of the SPL who they'd rather not be playing against I would think that Nish would be on quite a few lists.

He is a good SPL striker and will score his share and set up a few too, he isn't flash and rarely gets the spectacular goals and because he looks a bit ungainly at times he gets accused of being slow and lazy which are both unjustified comments.

Every fan has their favourite players and the ones they like to criticise and unfortunately I doubt that will ever change.

Nish could score in every game and Maka could never concede another goal again in a Hibs shirt yet according to some on this board Nish should still never start and Maka is an accident waiting to happen.

A) What does this have to do with Makalamby?
B) You can hardly accuse fans who rate Makalamby as you have stated as being unfair.

The proof is in the pudding as they say..

You obviously dislike people having an opinion that may not be supportive towards everything Hibs when they feel its not deserved, I on the other hand get annoyed by people who blindly back everything, even when its not justified ...

Change the record..

jakedance
26-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I think Nish's stock will rise if he can form a good partnership with Stokes. He was a wee bit unfortunate that he and Fletcher never really clicked last season and the delivery up towards them was often poor.

I've never been much of a fan but if Yogi can utilise him the right way then he's a good solid SPL standard striker who can win us over. My biggest gripe has always been that he seems to spend most of his time on his arse when he should be holding it up. It's inevitable that he'll take some flack when he's often seen as the reason for attacks breaking down.

Franck is God
26-08-2009, 02:09 PM
A)

You obviously dislike people having an opinion that may not be supportive towards everything Hibs when they feel its not deserved, I on the other hand get annoyed by people who blindly back everything, even when its not justified ...

Change the record..

Not at all, I can be critical of players as much as the next guy but I can also look beyond a players last game and see their overall contribution to the team.

I thought Jones was poor, I don't rate Rankin. I do rate Maka very highly, don't think DVZ is nearly as bad as some people make out.

I have opinions of other players too but don't see the point in being negative all the time. We had a good pre-season, signed some good players, saw the return of Benji and Zemmama and we have won our first two league games and are playing at home tonight. Not a lot to be negative about in my opinion but if I have offended you I apologise.

davemcbain
26-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Sorry mate, but that chart is just plain wrong......no Hertz players in it. :devil:

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Sorry mate, but that chart is just plain wrong......no Hertz players in it. :devil:

It's an old chart - Feb 2009.

Saying that even when updated there will still be no Hertz players in it. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
26-08-2009, 02:30 PM

They're top of the 'Ten fattest SPL players of all time' chart :greengrin

Leith Green
26-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Not at all, I can be critical of players as much as the next guy but I can also look beyond a players last game and see their overall contribution to the team.

I thought Jones was poor, I don't rate Rankin. I do rate Maka very highly, don't think DVZ is nearly as bad as some people make out.

I have opinions of other players too but don't see the point in being negative all the time. We had a good pre-season, signed some good players, saw the return of Benji and Zemmama and we have won our first two league games and are playing at home tonight. Not a lot to be negative about in my opinion but if I have offended you I apologise.

in relation to your earlier post, various other people don't rate Nish and Makalamby hence why they criticise them or their performance, and there is absolutly nothing wrong in doing so, it isn't a witch hunt, its just that quite a lot of people happen to have a similar opinion..

--------
26-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I think Nish's stock will rise if he can form a good partnership with Stokes. He was a wee bit unfortunate that he and Fletcher never really clicked last season and the delivery up towards them was often poor.

I've never been much of a fan but if Yogi can utilise him the right way then he's a good solid SPL standard striker who can win us over. My biggest gripe has always been that he seems to spend most of his time on his arse when he should be holding it up. It's inevitable that he'll take some flack when he's often seen as the reason for attacks breaking down.

Holding what up? His arse? It's stuck on top of his legs... :wink:

When Benji came on on Saturday we began to play the ball forward on the ground to feet more, and Colin immediately began to look a much better player.

I grumble about him, but I'd rather he stayed. I think he has a lot more to offer working with Yogi than he had with Mixu.

Jones - agree. Rankin - disagree. Maka - agree. DVZ - disagree.

Do we fight now, or will i see you at the match tonight? :wink:

--------
26-08-2009, 02:42 PM
They're top of the 'Ten fattest SPL players of all time' chart :greengrin

And the 'Ten Ugliest SPL Players of All Time' chart.

And the 'Ten Directors Most Likely To Do Time Of All Time' chart, too.

BSEJVT
26-08-2009, 03:16 PM
And the 'Ten Ugliest SPL Players of All Time' chart.

And the 'Ten Directors Most Likely To Do Time Of All Time' chart, too.

Doddie,

I would concede the first point to you, but a certain Mr Duff would surely come into the reckoning on point 2?

Franck is God
26-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Jones - agree. Rankin - disagree. Maka - agree. DVZ - disagree.

Do we fight now, or will i see you at the match tonight? :wink:

:soapbox:

I'm getting off the box now and looking forward to the game tonight.

Hoping that Stokes will have a scoring home debut and if possible will have a chance to see the likes of Byrne, Wotherspoon and Galbraith get some time on the pitch too.