PDA

View Full Version : Yams Croatian thugs 'on their way'

Cal 7-0
26-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Croatian thugs 'on their way'
A GANG of Croatian football hooligans are expected to touch down in Edinburgh today for tomorrow night's match against YamsNil, it was reported this morning.

The 200-strong group, described by one source as "completely mental", will be among 500 visiting fans to the Capital as YamsNil attempt to overturn a 4-0 deficit.

Here to see who's the mentalist Vlad or them. A busy night for L&B finest?

Gatecrasher
26-08-2009, 09:39 AM
The bad blue boys are coming:panic:

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 09:39 AM
A GANG of Croatian football hooligans are expected to touch down in Edinburgh today for tomorrow night's match against YamsNil, it was reported this morning.

The 200-strong group, described by one source as "completely mental", will be among 500 visiting fans to the Capital as YamsNil attempt to overturn a 4-0 deficit.

Could they not make it 2,000 :grr:

lobster
26-08-2009, 09:45 AM
And with their tops off in this weather no doubt? I'm sure their mums have told them to bring a jumper. :tsk tsk::shhhsh!:

Speedy
26-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Imagine the croatians picking a fight with 400,000 hearts fans :wink:

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2009, 10:31 AM
The Bad Blue Boys are the best supporters in Europe! They went to London and caused a bit mischeif, nothing major, few flares etc. I don't think there will be a problem tomorrow. It would be worth getting a ticket just to see them in action though. They got a round off applause from Spurs fans last year due to the support they gave there team despite being 5-1 down.

scott7_0(Prague)
26-08-2009, 10:52 AM
The Bad Blue Boys are the best supporters in Europe! They went to London and caused a bit mischeif, nothing major, few flares etc. I don't think there will be a problem tomorrow. It would be worth getting a ticket just to see them in action though. They got a round off applause from Spurs fans last year due to the support they gave there team despite being 5-1 down.

Well I have a slightly different view of the BBB from there visit to Prague last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQW8AlILt54

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 10:53 AM
These people aren't real fans!!! :grr::grr:

:wink:

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Well I have a slightly different view of the BBB from there visit to Prague last year.

Mind seeing that a while back. Poor policing again IMO. If they had done there homework they would've known that they wouldn't be able to waltz upto them and arrest a few guys without some sort of backlash. Eastern European ultras/hooly groups have a serious dislike for the police, probably hate the police more than their biggest rivals 'firms'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwhGoQIF-Oo&feature=related

after a foru nil humping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIT1f5Syd2A&feature=related

scott7_0(Prague)
26-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Mind seeing that a while back. Poor policing again IMO. If they had done there homework they would've known that they wouldn't be able to waltz upto them and arrest a few guys without some sort of backlash. Eastern European ultras/hooly groups have a serious dislike for the police, probably hate the police more than their biggest rivals 'firms'.

after a foru nil humping

Poor policing you having a laugh...... whilst it is easy to police in the UK as they have to arrive via airports or ports where they are checked, here they just drive up in to the country without checks, meet up in small groups then all congregate some where centrally.

lobster
26-08-2009, 11:06 AM

after a foru nil humping

Are the BBB fascist in their orientation? I'm hoping not but suspect they might be largely so. I suppose the question should be how fascist are they?

Speedy
26-08-2009, 11:08 AM

after a foru nil humping

Sing when you're winning, you don't just sing when you're winning :greengrin

The_Horde
26-08-2009, 11:09 AM

after a foru nil humping

The guy at 1.15 wearing an orange hoody in the first video looks like he'd steam through the pink bus shelter himself.

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 11:11 AM
These people aren't real fans!!! :grr::grr:

:wink:

If they cause any trouble in gorgie and start smashing it up ........i will be horrified, outraged and will completely be 100% behind there extreme makeover "stadium Edition".....cant wait to see the transformation!!!

gillythehibby
26-08-2009, 11:12 AM
maybe we could give the yams a wee loan ay the CCS :greengrin

--------
26-08-2009, 11:19 AM

Funny - when I was watching the clip I thought, "Someone's going to come on here and say that was the fault of the police."

And he did. :rolleyes:

after a foru nil humping

Best thing L&B could do with that lot would be to put them all in a container, lock it, load them onto a ship, and send them home the long way. And I don't think I'd bother whereabouts in the stack the container ended up, OR whether the captain of the ship had the key.

Jack
26-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I hope they're not looking for a bit of footy action tonight! :rolleyes:

As for tomorrow …

200 mad fans with flares (no not the 70s troosers) + 1 rickety wooden stand = :devil:.

Nah! it couldn't happen.

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Poor policing you having a laugh...... whilst it is easy to police in the UK as they have to arrive via airports or ports where they are checked, here they just drive up in to the country without checks, meet up in small groups then all congregate some where centrally.

I'm talking about the police waltzing in to a bar and arresting a few bodies. If they had any sense they should've realised that there would be some sort of backlash. I'm sure the Ultras Sparta would've reacted in the same way....

Are the BBB fascist in their orientation? I'm hoping not but suspect they might be largely so. I suppose the question should be how fascist are they?

I'm not really sure TBH. They're a staunch Catholic group and display a vatian city flag where-ever they go. Infact I wonder how L&B and Rocksteady will deal with that tonight..? I don't think i've seen them display any celtic crosses or swastika's before but after Croatia's human swastika performance at Livorno a few years ago it wouldn't surprise me as the hardcore Croatian national team support is mainly made up off Hadjuk and Dinamo. Infact the Bad Blue Boys had there group banner displayed at every Croatia match in Euro 2008.

Gatecrasher
26-08-2009, 11:28 AM

As for tomorrow …

200 mad fans with flares (no not the 70s troosers) + 1 rickety wooden stand = :devil:.

Nah! it couldn't happen.
i hope not, then they would get the money off the insurance......thats assuming they still pay insurance of course :agree:

lobster
26-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Funny - when I was watching the clip I thought, "Someone's going to come on here and say that was the fault of the police."

And he did. :rolleyes:

Best thing L&B could do with that lot would be to put them all in a container, lock it, load them onto a ship, and send them home the long way. And I don't think I'd bother whereabouts in the stack the container ended up, OR whether the captain of the ship had the key.

If the coppers get it right today in Edinburgh with the BBB then great well done, good work. :applause: When they make an arse of it as allegedly they did at West Ham last night then they deserve criticism. Simples.

NOLA
26-08-2009, 11:34 AM
got to wonder how many of the dinamo ultras were soldiers in the balkans war, would defo explain their national pride and comradeship with each other

scott7_0(Prague)
26-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm talking about the police waltzing in to a bar and arresting a few bodies. If they had any sense they should've realised that there would be some sort of backlash. I'm sure the Ultras Sparta would've reacted in the same way....

What you don't see in the first clip is the ring of police around the bar, so i am not sure how better they could have handled it. It was all contained to one corner of the old town square so all in all I think the cops handled it well.

anyways - ACAB :greengrin

lobster
26-08-2009, 11:36 AM

I'm not really sure TBH. They're a staunch Catholic group and display a vatian city flag where-ever they go. Infact I wonder how L&B and Rocksteady will deal with that tonight..? I don't think i've seen them display any celtic crosses or swastika's before but after Croatia's human swastika performance at Livorno a few years ago it wouldn't surprise me as the hardcore Croatian national team support is mainly made up off Hadjuk and Dinamo. Infact the Bad Blue Boys had there group banner displayed at every Croatia match in Euro 2008.

Cheers. Very disappointing TBH because when they support the team they do it with impressive passion - especially the call and response chanting (perhaps a catholic thing? :hmmm:. ) I believe that there are elements in Croation society who still try to glorify the Utashe but hopefully that will be eradicated in time. As ever its quite a complicated issue. After all, Tito was allegedy a Dinamo fan.

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I believe that there are elements in Croation society who still try to glorify the Utashe but hopefully that will be eradicated in time. As ever its quite a complicated issue. After all, Tito was allegedy a Dinamo fan.

any relation to our very own tashe man :dunno: dont tell me petrie's getting the blame for that as well :boo hoo:

lobster
26-08-2009, 12:22 PM
any relation to our very own tashe man :dunno: dont tell me petrie's getting the blame for that as well :boo hoo:
nice one! :top marks:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 12:25 PM

What's Croatian for "Looks like the reports back home that it's a midden are true then". :greengrin

The_Todd
26-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Haven't they heard of the "gorgie aggro" which I hear so much of on Sickbag?

I'm sure Le Chat will sort them out from behind his wee placard.

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Haven't they heard of the "gorgie aggro" which I hear so much of on Sickbag?

I'm sure Le Chat will sort them out from behind his wee placard.

:faf:

I actually lol'd just now :greengrin

Houchy
26-08-2009, 12:33 PM

As for tomorrow …

Nah! it couldn't happen.

Only problem is that it would probably be beneficial to hearts if it happened. No demolition fees AND insurance money.

I think L&B's finest should be keeping Vlad the firestarter away from any matches or lighters tomorrow.

Keith_M
26-08-2009, 12:40 PM

I'm not really sure TBH. They're a staunch Catholic group and display a vatian city flag where-ever they go.

So are you saying they're sectarian? How will that go down in Gorgie, I wonder. :wink:

I know you've expressed admiration for genuine Ultras before but I'm sure you realise that a lot of the Ultra groups are very much associated with violence. You can't put the blame on the police for this by saying "they should have expected a backlash".

jgl07
26-08-2009, 12:44 PM
They did form a core of the Croatian army during the Yugoslavian civil war.

From football hoodlems to militia to war criminals in easy stages.

GordonR
26-08-2009, 12:48 PM
So are you saying they're sectarian? How will that go down in Gorgie, I wonder. :wink:

I know you've expressed admiration for genuine Ultras before but I'm sure you realise that a lot of the Ultra groups are very much associated with violence. You can't put the blame on the police for this by saying "they should have expected a backlash".

Important to bear in mind when tempted to reply to AH:

:troll: :troll: :troll:

--------
26-08-2009, 12:51 PM
If the coppers get it right today in Edinburgh with the BBB then great well done, good work. :applause: When they make an arse of it as allegedly they did at West Ham last night then they deserve criticism. Simples.

I rather expect that L&B will get it right - they usually do.

That's assuming that the BBB are really coming, and that the ones who come (if they DO come) as as bad as the reputation that precedes them.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Surprised Vlad hasn't accommodated them in the asbestos stand, then, when they tear it down, tried to sue the club for £51m to replace it.

I suppose it's only fans that he would seat in that death trap, though.

Looking forward to Los Yambolinos hozzy tomorrow even more now!

HibSem
26-08-2009, 01:25 PM
BBB are staunchly right wing orientated most of Croatian ultra groups are. I was born in Zagreb and haven't been to Dinamo's games for a while but as far back as I remember BBB has had a very neo-nazi stance.

Not my choice of Croatian team btw.

lobster
26-08-2009, 02:00 PM
BBB are staunchly right wing orientated most of Croatian ultra groups are. I was born in Zagreb and haven't been to Dinamo's games for a while but as far back as I remember BBB has had a very neo-nazi stance.

Not my choice of Croatian team btw.

Very disappointing. Are Hadjuk any better in that regard?

That being the case then maybe Doddie's right, the L&B should just cart them out of Edinburgh off to a field for the day in the rain and pen them in with barbed wire. Just to see if their nazi sympathies hold out.

HibSem
26-08-2009, 02:10 PM

That being the case then maybe Doddie's right, the L&B should just cart them out of Edinburgh off to a field for the day in the rain and pen them in with barbed wire. Just to see if their nazi sympathies hold out.

Torcida, Hajduk Split fans are a bit more mixed in regards to their political stance due to Split being a left orientated city historically speaking (A lot of dalmatians took up arms against nazi's and joined Tito's partizans during ww2).

RIP
26-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Thinks ..........."Well I'm in Perth so I won't see any trouble"

Then wife calls me to confirm our plans for the Hillbilly and Bluegrass Show at St Bride's Centre, Dalry Road tomorrow night, start time 7.30 pm!

Sounds like I should take a Confederate flag in case I meet that Zagreb numpty from the Ugly Mug Ball on this thread
http://www.londonyamsnil.com/GALL2010/20090819wed/content/IMG_8739_large.html

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Thinks ..........."Well I'm in Perth so I won't see any trouble"

Then wife calls me to confirm our plans for the Hillbilly and Bluegrass Show at St Bride's Centre, Dalry Road tomorrow night, start time 7.30 pm!

Sounds like I should take a Confederate flag in case I meet that Zagreb numpty from the Ugly Mug Ball on this thread
http://www.londonyamsnil.com/GALL2010/20090819wed/content/IMG_8739_large.html

Maybe it's just a ploy to get you to Edinburgh where upon she will produce the two premium tickets (including pies and refreshments) that she got for a fiver on Gumtree for another event in the area. :wink:

Enjoy.

--------
26-08-2009, 02:20 PM

Accuracy, PLEASE!

i suggested putting them all in a container and sending them off round the world.

I wouldn't want them to suffer, though. They can have a few cases of baked beans to eat - the tins'll do to pee in.

And they can take some of the West Ham crowd from last night with them.

hibsbollah
26-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Re-the pre-war ethnic tensions; The Red Star Belgrade-Dinamo Zagreb derby used to be one of the maddest in Europe; there was a notorious riot in 1990/91 where half the stadium was after each other and Zagreb player Boban got attacked by Belgrade riot police ...ex-Croatia President Tudjman renamed the club Croatia Zagreb to make it sound more nationalist, and their fans copied old skinhead styles, used to have a bulldog on their fans website, so, yes, they have a VERY right wing reputation.
(not as much as Red Star though, the leader of their ultras was a guy called Arkan, who was leader of a guerilla unit called the Tigers, convicted of mass murder in the war and was later murdered himself...

I think its fair to say the Balkans take hooliganism and violence to a whole new level.

Littlest Hobo
26-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Re-the pre-war ethnic tensions; The Red Star Belgrade-Dinamo Zagreb derby used to be one of the maddest in Europe; there was a notorious riot in 1990/91 where half the stadium was after each other and Zagreb player Boban got attacked by Belgrade riot police ...ex-Croatia President Tudjman renamed the club Croatia Zagreb to make it sound more nationalist, and their fans copied old skinhead styles, used to have a bulldog on their fans website, so, yes, they have a VERY right wing reputation.
(not as much as Red Star though, the leader of their ultras was a guy called Arkan, who was leader of a guerilla unit called the Tigers, convicted of mass murder in the war and was later murdered himself...

I think its fair to say the Balkans take hooliganism and violence to a whole new level.

The L+B Police will be ****ing themselves! :greengrin I can see all those four foot nothing wee police woman on the front line used as bait! :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
26-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Superintendent Neesnoking of L and B said today "Our main problem will be differentiating between the trouble seeking thugs and the home support".

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Superintendent Neesnoking of L and B said today "Our main problem will be differentiating between the trouble seeking thugs and the home support".

The Croatians will be better looking and far better dressed.

Brizo
26-08-2009, 05:02 PM

Rememember watching some Danny Dyer hoolie porn on Bravo yonks ago and these Zagreb gadgies had basically just swapped fighting in the war for fighting on the terraces. However im sure if they try and take liberties on hertz manor the Bar Ox will sort them out. Failing that Shaun Lawson could maybe bore them into submission by reading extracts from some of his most verbose posts.

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Rememember watching some Danny Dyer hoolie porn on Bravo yonks ago and these Zagreb gadgies had basically just swapped fighting in the war for fighting on the terraces. However im sure if they try and take liberties on hertz manor the Bar Ox will sort them out. Failing that Shaun Lawson could maybe bore them into submission by reading extracts from some of his most verbose posts.

NOLA
26-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Torcida, Hajduk Split fans are a bit more mixed in regards to their political stance due to Split being a left orientated city historically speaking (A lot of dalmatians took up arms against nazi's and joined Tito's partizans during ww2).

How many dalmatians? :devil:

Mikey
26-08-2009, 09:49 PM
There were 3 Zagreb fans in the Hibs shop before kick off tonight. We put on a half decent show for them.

legends of 73
27-08-2009, 01:39 AM
the majority of their boys arrived at the airport tonight met with a strong police presence,nasty looking ****ers a few were picked out by L+b's finest.

tomorrow might get a bit interesting:take that with the old bill i think

Jack
27-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I hope this doesn’t interfere with my Thursday night out with the lads! :grr:

Who will tonight be in town taking in the football. :agree:

I’ll be bloody angry if it does! :grr: :grr:

On the other hand … your enemy is my enemy, lets all laugh at the yams! :thumbsup:

HibSem
27-08-2009, 11:22 AM
How many dalmatians? :devil:

Enough to form a 14 brigades (I to XIV) my grandfather was in 1st.

Or 101 volounteers to fight cruela de ville:greengrin:greengrin:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
27-08-2009, 12:54 PM

According to my Rough Guide to European Football, Hajduk Split are also credited with inventing Ultra culture; their fans took to wearing smart clothes and having pre-planned songs and choreography in the 50s and the Italians then copied their style...Have you heard this too?

HibSem
27-08-2009, 01:12 PM
According to my Rough Guide to European Football, Hajduk Split are also credited with inventing Ultra culture; their fans took to wearing smart clothes and having pre-planned songs and choreography in the 50s and the Italians then copied their style...Have you heard this too?

Yup Torcida Split were formed 28/10/1950 and set the trend for organised fan groups throughout Europe. They have very large support as Hajduk Split represents a large region of Dalmatia whereas other teams seem to be smaller city teams with smaller supporter catchment areas (Dinamo Zagreb excluded).

If you're ever on holiday in Croatia particularly on dalmatian coast you'll notice a lot of Hajduk Split murals some of which are huge, scattered throughout small seaside resorts - they kind of look out of place some would argue.

Croatian Premier league is a two horse race every year (sound familiar?) with Hajduk and Dinamo battling it out for the title. Dinamo particularly has a extremely high turnover of managers they don't seem to last longer that a season these days.