PDA

View Full Version : Jam Tarts no longer our competitors

noseyhibby
25-08-2009, 10:34 PM
It breaks my heart (honestly) to confess that the great deluded are no longer our competitors...Just for starters, they simply can't afford to splash out in the way that we can do..I mean, there was Stokes, up for grabs, but who got him?
We are on our way to building a new stand and to completing our stadium, making it the finest outwith the old firm, but what happened to the planned 12,000 seater, multi-million superstructure in Gorgie?..Quite simply, it never took off, the boys in maroon are..well, skint...in fact, more than skint, on their merry way, ostrich-head-in-the-sand like to football oblivion...And who owns their own state of the art training establishment?
Interesting to hear so many old firm followers admitting that Hibs are the only team likely to give them problems this season, and are sure fire certs for 3rd spot...Hearts,on the other hand, are considered mere also rans, who just might avoid the drop, depending of course, on their rivals (Hamilton and St.Mirren) being worse..
Sigh...Yes, it is indeed a sad day when Hibernian FC has to leave its nearest and dearest across the city, so far behind...It was kind of fun for a while, witnessing the great deluded creaming themselves and actually believing that they had left us behind..when all along, our great club simply went about its business in a logical, quiet and confident manner, pretty low profile in fact, satisfied that it was doing things in a prudent manner, all the time moving forward in incremental fashion, investing and building, confident that a glorious future lay ahead...Those little seeds planted are on the point of budding fellow Hibees, and those arrogant hordes across the city can only watch and weep from a distance..yes, there is indeed a great wailing and gnashing of teeth down Gorgie way..Boabster, Cat, Shaun Lawson..you were warned and you ignored..now suffer, along with your 400,000 fellow Yams...

matty_f
25-08-2009, 11:04 PM
It breaks my heart (honestly) to confess that the great deluded are no longer our competitors...Just for starters, they simply can't afford to splash out in the way that we can do..I mean, there was Stokes, up for grabs, but who got him?
We are on our way to building a new stand and to completing our stadium, making it the finest outwith the old firm, but what happened to the planned 12,000 seater, multi-million superstructure in Gorgie?..Quite simply, it never took off, the boys in maroon are..well, skint...in fact, more than skint, on their merry way, ostrich-head-in-the-sand like to football oblivion...And who owns their own state of the art training establishment?
Interesting to hear so many old firm followers admitting that Hibs are the only team likely to give them problems this season, and are sure fire certs for 3rd spot...YamsNil,on the other hand, are considered mere also rans, who just might avoid the drop, depending of course, on their rivals (Hamilton and St.Mirren) being worse..
Sigh...Yes, it is indeed a sad day when Hibernian FC has to leave its nearest and dearest across the city, so far behind...It was kind of fun for a while, witnessing the great deluded creaming themselves and actually believing that they had left us behind..when all along, our great club simply went about its business in a logical, quiet and confident manner, pretty low profile in fact, satisfied that it was doing things in a prudent manner, all the time moving forward in incremental fashion, investing and building, confident that a glorious future lay ahead...Those little seeds planted are on the point of budding fellow Hibees, and those arrogant hordes across the city can only watch and weep from a distance..yes, there is indeed a great wailing and gnashing of teeth down Gorgie way..Boabster, Cat, Shaun Lawson..you were warned and you ignored..now suffer, along with your 400,000 fellow Yams...

So long as they occupy the same division and the same city as us, then they are our competitors. :agree:

Not being funny, but I remember - as I'm sure others will - a post that was strikingly similar from some Cutback trumpet during the Burley spell that came back to bite the OP in the erse quite spectacularly (in fact, if you've done this post tongue in cheek, then it's still coming back to haunt him).

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2009, 11:12 PM
there is indeed a great wailing and gnashing of teeth down Gorgie way..Boabster, Cat, Shaun Lawson..you were warned and you ignored..now suffer, along with your 400,000 fellow Yams...

they couldn't rustle up a full set of teeth between the lot o thum..shower o gorgski mutated gargoyles

iwasthere1972
25-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Interesting to hear so many old firm followers admitting that Hibs are the only team likely to give them problems this season, and are sure fire certs for 3rd spot...YamsNil,on the other hand, are considered mere also rans, who just might avoid the drop, depending of course, on their rivals (Hamilton and St.Mirren) being worse..

It's all lies. We are the "wee team" and we should always remember this. We should also be eternally grateful that the mighty Heart of Midlothian F.C. allow us to share the city with them as we as a club are a total embarrassment with our small minded business plans and 399,000 supporters less than they have.

The OP is obviously a Yam at the wind up as no self respecting Hibs supporter would ever think we are now the big team.

WE KNOW OUR PLACE. :agree:

Hibercelona
25-08-2009, 11:16 PM
It's all lies. We are the "wee team" and we should always remember this. We should also be eternally grateful that the mighty Heart of Midlothian F.C. allow us to share the city with them as we as a club are a total embarrassment with our small minded business plans and 399,000 supporters less than they have.

The OP is obviously a Yam at the wind up as no self respecting Hibs supporter would ever think we are now the big team.

WE KNOW OUR PLACE. :agree:

I knew we were wee..... but 1000 supporters? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Some good points there but remember its still early days in the season, we have had an easier start than them by a long way, and we will undoubtedly hit a bad spell at some point. Yamsnil as we all know are pi sh but i think we better watch what we say about them as we may get bitten in the bum later in the season. Still lets enjoy it while we can :greengrin

Cameron1875
25-08-2009, 11:21 PM
What a load of pi$h OP. Those sort of statements are asking for trouble.
We have played good in spells, not great so lets not get carried away.

robinp
25-08-2009, 11:26 PM

You should really leave this pish to them mate, they are our competitors and will be for quite a while to come, 2 signings and a few defeats across town doesnt mean a thing a this stage of the season. :bitchy:

iwasthere1972
25-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I knew we were wee..... but 1000 supporters? :greengrin

The Yams support is growing day by day due to their success in Europe and their ability to buy players who have World Cup and Champions League winners medals. 400,000 is a conservative figure but we all know it must be nearer 420,000.

Sorted. :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
25-08-2009, 11:32 PM
The Yams support is growing day by day due to their success in Europe and their ability to buy players who have World Cup and Champions League winners medals. 400,000 is a conservative figure but we all know it must be nearer 420,000.

Sorted. :thumbsup:

:doh:

Silly me.... I havent been keeping track of their breeding records. :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
25-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Some good points there but remember its still early days in the season, we have had an easier start than them by a long way, and we will undoubtedly hit a bad spell at some point. Yamsnil as we all know are pi sh but i think we better watch what we say about them as we may get bitten in the bum later in the season. Still lets enjoy it while we can :greengrin

couldn't agree more, I've been saying this all along, tough times ahead, and the celtic game is crucial, although a 1-3 away win at falkirk is a very good result for us, never could have done it last season

iwasthere1972
25-08-2009, 11:36 PM
What a load of pi$h OP. Those sort of statements are asking for trouble.
We have played good in spells, not great so lets not get carried away.

Have you got that Yam mate back on his leash. :wink:

HFC_NYC
25-08-2009, 11:54 PM

I really hope this was written with tongue placed firmly in cheek as this is exactly the sort of thing that can make one look very foolish when it doesn't pan out that way.

Iain G
26-08-2009, 12:41 AM
You should really leave this nade to them mate, they are our competitors and will be for quite a while to come, 2 signings and a few defeats across town doesnt mean a thing a this stage of the season. :bitchy:

It reads very much as Yammish delusional propoganda, lets not go dropping down to their level please, we should be more grown up and certainly much classier that this :agree:

Hibercelona
26-08-2009, 12:43 AM
It reads very much as Yammish delusional propoganda, lets not go dropping down to their level please, we should be more grown up and certainly much classier that this :agree:

I agree....

We all know how to act our age. :agree:

:nade:

Sometimes. :devil:

Aspire
26-08-2009, 05:02 AM
This thread makes us sound like those shower of ******s and the Hibs support is better then that.

GGTTH

poolman
26-08-2009, 05:20 AM
So long as they occupy the same division and the same city as us, then they are our competitors. :agree:

Not being funny, but I remember - as I'm sure others will - a post that was strikingly similar from some Cutback trumpet during the Burley spell that came back to bite the OP in the erse quite spectacularly (in fact, if you've done this post tongue in cheek, then it's still coming back to haunt him).
Hope it is a wind-up post :agree:

Wis the Cutback trumpet who wrote that piece no the one and only fud Boabster :greengrin

Septimus
26-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Nothing like making hay while the sun shines. Lets get the boot in while they are down or maybe we should wait until they actually go down?

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 06:03 AM
I can't believe how many people have taken the bait!! :faf::faf:

Hibbyradge
26-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Wind-up or not, the OP is embarrassing.

Hearts still are, and always will be our main competitor.

We've had a better week than them. That's all, so far.

Steve20
26-08-2009, 06:50 AM
They will be up the top end of the table again fighting for a european place along with Us, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 06:55 AM
They will be up the top end of the table again fighting for a european place along with Us, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

Sigh...we can only hope...

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Our time will come, but this isn't it yet. Let's celebrate when we have built the stand, and established ourselves as the dominant force in Edinburgh again. Once they have been relegated and we have improved our woeful European qualification record, then it will be nice to patronise them.

It would be nice to think that Hibs plans are coming to fruition. We have cut our cloth according to our means, we have gone about things in a quiet business like manner, rather than large ourselves up to anyone who will listen.

Right now, crowing before the job is done sounds so, well, so Yammish. Besides, there's room for two teams in the capital, and if Spartans aren't up to the challenge yet, then we have to pay Hearts some respect. Something they are incapable of doing for us.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Our time will come, but this isn't it yet. Let's celebrate when we have built the stand, and established ourselves as the dominant force in Edinburgh again. Once they have been relegated and we have improved our woeful European qualification record, then it will be nice to patronise them.

It would be nice to think that Hibs plans are coming to fruition. We have cut our cloth according to our means, we have gone about things in a quiet business like manner, rather than large ourselves up to anyone who will listen.

Right now, crowing before the job is done sounds so, well, so Yammish. Besides, there's room for two teams in the capital, and if Spartans aren't up to the challenge yet, then we have to pay YamsNil some respect. Something they are incapable of doing for us.

Very good and timely post, FR. We've historically been able to find far more imaginative ways of undermining/gloating at/abusing Yams than going down the tired and tedious old supremacist route.

Beefster
26-08-2009, 08:00 AM

Embarassing...

Tongue in cheek or not, this sort of nade will be lapped up by the denizens of Sickbag. Just like we lapped up the same stuff from them.

As I've said before, some folk are getting way too excited.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-08-2009, 08:02 AM

Is this post Hibs class? No need to sink to their level.

Just the sort of post that is best left to the yams IMO.

Maybe its worth considering what we have achieved with the recent changes - nothing YET.

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Why is everyone still taking this seriously?? :faf:

Have I logged into a parallel universe devoid of sarcasm and irony? :confused:

Dr Jimmy
26-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Embarassing...

Tongue in cheek or not, this sort of nade will be lapped up by the denizens of Sickbag. Just like we lapped up the same stuff from them.

As I've said before, some folk are getting way too excited.

:top marks.........OP please don't go down this road, even if you are doing it for a laugh.

brog
26-08-2009, 08:33 AM

I think you have. Like you it seems obvious to me this was a parody of the Yams. OK, we're all superstitious & don't want it to come back & bite us but lighten up guys, hopefully we're a bit smarter than the inhabitants of Boakback & can treat it as the joke it was intended to be.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 08:37 AM
I think you have. Like you it seems obvious to me this was a parody of the Yams. OK, we're all superstitious & don't want it to come back & bite us but lighten up guys, hopefully we're a bit smarter than the inhabitants of Boakback & can treat it as the joke it was intended to be.

I took it that way as well, but the fact that we're pretty cagey about it is probably a good thing.

But just because they're even worse than they were last season -by a considerable distance- when they took two league points from the poorest Hibs team I can remember, doesn't mean we shouldn't abuse them.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2009, 08:38 AM

:agree:I thought the OP had copied and pasted the original quote from KB and just transferred the relevant words.

bawheid
26-08-2009, 08:46 AM
:agree:I thought the OP had copied and pasted the original quote from KB and just transferred the relevant words.

Reads exactly like Boabster's famous post of autumn 2005. :agree:

the_ginger_hibee
26-08-2009, 08:52 AM
I wouldnt even joke about that stuff.

If its a joke, its a crap one. Posts that like are enough to make sane people sick :jamboak:

Hibbyradge
26-08-2009, 09:01 AM

Reads exactly like Boabster's famous post of autumn 2005. :agree:

That's not my recollection.

He was on about having left us behind as they moved onto a different level and named the teams they were now competing with.

If the OP is supposed to be satirical and ironic, fair enough, but apart from one word, "sigh", there is nothing in there that suggests it.

Sure, get stuck in about the Yams, but leave the arrogance to them.

phoenixfire
26-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Im pretty sure the op was just reminding us of the arrogance shown by the
DAYDREAM BELIEVERS when they thought they were heading for world domination, today the SPL tomorrow the world, but he really should have signed off as BOABSTER:agree:

bawheid
26-08-2009, 09:11 AM

He was on about having left us behind as they moved onto a different level and named the teams they were now competing with.

If the OP is supposed to be satirical and ironic, fair enough, but apart from one word, "sigh", there is nothing in there that suggests it.

Didn't mean word for word HR, just in terms of dismissive arrogance. I read it as a piss take of many kickback posts over the years. Maybe the OP could clarify.

Anyway, 'tis true. We are now competing with Aberdeen and Dundee United. The yams are competing with Falkirk and Hamilton. :wink:

Port O'Leaf
26-08-2009, 09:14 AM

:top marks

Joke or not, let's leave the delusional arrogance to the Yams, it comes naturally to them.

jacomo
26-08-2009, 09:28 AM

:agree:

C'mon, surely this was intended as a wind-up??

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 09:30 AM
If it is a JOKE, the how on earth is it arrogant?!

WTF is going on with this thread?!?

jakedance
26-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Looks to me like the OP's post is a wind up, at least I hope so.

I hope one day we can be that arrogant but beating St Mirren and Falkirk doesn't qualify us.

It would be prudent to wait until we've completed one round of matches before making too many predictions. The Yams may lack some quality but they're a big strong team that will batter there way to wins. Don't underestimate your enemy.

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2009, 10:00 AM
If it is a JOKE, the how on earth is it arrogant?!

WTF is going on with this thread?!?

It may be a joke, but it's also pretty close to the truth.

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 10:19 AM
It may be a joke, but it's also pretty close to the truth.

Well yes, I do agree with the post 100% :agree:

Ritchie
26-08-2009, 10:25 AM
the yams will be back up with the big boys now that they received the £330,000 due to the plooky lesbo playing his 50th game for sunderland on monday night......:rolleyes:

wonder how much of that shabba will get to buy a goalscorer :devil:

Hibercelona
26-08-2009, 10:29 AM
the yams will be back up with the big boys now that they received the £330,000 due to the plooky lesbo playing his 50th game for sunderland on monday night......:rolleyes:

£330,000???

And they only need £300,000 to buy Colin Nish :worried:

Allegedly :wink:

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 10:29 AM

I reckon he'll get the last 4 digits of that fee :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I reckon he'll get the last 4 digits of that fee :agree:

He is due a sizeable percentage of that at least.

Ritchie
26-08-2009, 11:21 AM
£330,000???
:worried:
And they only need £300,000 to buy Colin Nish

Allegedly :wink:

:agree:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2009/08/26/hearts-striker-hunt-handed-cash-boost-by-gordon-s-50th-sunderland-appearance-86908-21624775/

:jamboak:

noseyhibby
26-08-2009, 12:52 PM

Well spotted Steve O.....tongue very firmly in cheek!..It's meant to be taken seriously by the Yams and not my fellow Hibees..sorry to all those that actually believed me....