PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Widow

Speedway
25-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Got to say that whatever happens now, this has got to be the most exciting summer in recent history, including the transfer window.

Normally, we are the transfer widows, left alone and destitute when the stars get sold off at the last second with no time to replace them.

For once, it's been all us. We knew about Jones and Fletch, we got good money but this time we're actually trying to spend it.

Stokes is in and we're still waiting for news on Anderson, Boozy, Arfield, Barr, Caddis, Craigan, Mizuno, Ayling, Pastabaic and Mulgrew.

I know we got Deek in at the last minute last time, but I'm even more looking forward to hearing what deals we can do this time and that's without even discussing the departures of DVZ, Thicot, Flynn, Wilson, Stevenson, Nish and Keenan.

Will we land Arfield and Anderson?

Jonnyboy
25-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I'll sort the thread title for you Speedway :greengrin

MSK
25-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll sort the thread title for you Speedway :greengrinSpoilsport ..:greengrin

Speedway
25-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Put it back, it was intentional!! :grr: See weak 2nd paragraph metaphor.

Gerrintaethem
25-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Got to say that whatever happens now, this has got to be the most exciting summer in recent history, including the transfer window.

Normally, we are the transfer widows, left alone and destitute when the stars get sold off at the last second with no time to replace them.

For once, it's been all us. We knew about Jones and Fletch, we got good money but this time we're actually trying to spend it.

Stokes is in and we're still waiting for news on Anderson, Boozy, Arfield, Barr, Caddis, Craigan, Mizuno, Ayling, Pastabaic and Mulgrew.

I know we got Deek in at the last minute last time, but I'm even more looking forward to hearing what deals we can do this time and that's without even discussing the departures of DVZ, Thicot, Flynn, Wilson, Stevenson, Nish and Keenan.

Will we land Arfield and Anderson?

Think its meant to be punny :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Pastabaic, is that Nade's younger cousin?

Jonnyboy
25-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Oooops :greengrin

.SeventyFive
25-08-2009, 10:06 PM
It has been pretty exciting. The forum has been pretty bustling as a result and I have done next to no work for the last week and a half :agree:

BEEJ
25-08-2009, 10:08 PM
He's getting on a bit now is old Pasta.

RigRoars
25-08-2009, 11:02 PM

Yeah i think your right,brother of Steakbaic.

Hibstrooper
26-08-2009, 11:02 AM

:confused: Have I missed something? Heard of the other ones but who on earth is Pastabaic?

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2009, 11:03 AM
:confused: Have I missed something? Heard of the other ones but who on earth is Pastabaic?

Some greesy wee barsteward :wink:

Sandy
26-08-2009, 11:16 AM

:duck: 2nd cousin of Chickenbaic :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
26-08-2009, 11:18 AM
We've also gotten rid of A LOT of deadwood, Campbell, Chisolm, McNeil, Rosa, Szamo, Cropley, AOB, who have i missed?

smurf
26-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Szamo

Hardly deadwood!

brog
26-08-2009, 12:28 PM

Think he was a double deal with Greggs ( sorry Cregg! )
Say it out loud!

Cocaine&Caviar
26-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Hardly deadwood!

His knees had gone, therefore Deadwood, who is STILL witohut a club...

Hibercelona
26-08-2009, 12:49 PM
If Pastabaic does sign..... then Nade will be licking his chops at every derby.