PDA

View Full Version : Mr Burley, Try something new?

Gaffer1875
25-08-2009, 07:15 PM
With Scotland's qualification in serious doubt, is it not worth Burley trying something new. Same squad with same pish in it. Why is there no Riordan, Mulgrew, Danny Swanson and Thomson especially. Its crazy! The BBC sport website states only 4 midfielders have been picked too, whats that about?! :grr:

Lmc2105
25-08-2009, 07:38 PM
With Scotland's qualification in serious doubt, is it not worth Burley trying something new. Same squad with same nade in it. Why is there no Riordan, Mulgrew, Danny Swanson and Thomson especially. Its crazy! The BBC sport website states only 4 midfielders have been picked too, whats that about?! :grr:

Mr Burley, Try something new?

yeah Resign!!

ArabHibee
25-08-2009, 07:48 PM
With Scotland's qualification in serious doubt, is it not worth Burley trying something new. Same squad with same nade in it. Why is there no Riordan, Mulgrew, Danny Swanson and Thomson especially. Its crazy! The BBC sport website states only 4 midfielders have been picked too, whats that about?! :grr:

Granpa Weir from the Huns and some bloke fae Kilmarnock that I've never heard of. Fantastic!

Franck is God
25-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Burley is a muppet, still living off a good ten matches in charge of Hearts and thats about it.

Any manager that is happy to ignore a potential midfield of Kevin Thomson, Darren Fletcher and Scott Brown is a complete idiot.

Picking Spurs reserve Hutton over Whittaker who plays every week is ridiculous or Alexander at age 38??? And bringing David Weir back into the squad is pointless.

I just can't believe that yet another manager is making it look like we have no good players in Scotland. What a fud!

Storar
25-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Granpa Weir from the Huns and some bloke fae Kilmarnock that I've never heard of. Fantastic!

You've never heard of Kevin Kyle?:confused:

Think Weir is actually a steady choice to be fair. Burley should still go

ArabHibee
25-08-2009, 08:27 PM
You've never heard of Kevin Kyle?:confused:

Think Weir is actually a steady choice to be fair. Burley should still go

No I honestly hadn't heard of him. (Don't follow diddy teams) :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2009, 07:48 AM
I think Mr Burley should try something new. A soft drink.

basehibby
26-08-2009, 09:04 AM
No I honestly hadn't heard of him. (Don't follow diddy teams) :greengrin

They don't do newspapers or telly in Dundee then? - Kyle was capped several times under Vogts and was playing for a fairly big english club at the time (Sunderland?) - add to that his phenomenal scoring rate since joining Kilmarnock and it gives the impression that you've been living with your head up your erse not to have noticed.

Anyway I've no argument with Kyle and Weir's inclusion - but my patience with Burley has worn paper thin anyway - his persistent selection of players like Alexander and ommission of clearly superior talents (even obvious regulars like McFadden/Hartley vs Norway for example) on top of periodic blunders like boozegate all go to show he hasn't got what it takes.

Sylar
26-08-2009, 09:13 AM
They don't do newspapers or telly in Dundee then? - Kyle was capped several times under Vogts and was playing for a fairly big english club at the time (Sunderland?) - add to that his phenomenal scoring rate since joining Kilmarnock and it gives the impression that you've been living with your head up your erse not to have noticed.

Anyway I've no argument with Kyle and Weir's inclusion - but my patience with Burley has worn paper thin anyway - his persistent selection of players like Alexander and ommission of clearly superior talents (even obvious regulars like McFadden/Hartley vs Norway for example) on top of periodic blunders like boozegate all go to show he hasn't got what it takes.

He was a registered player with Sunderland, but I'm not sure he was playing with any regularity at the time - he'd just returned from a loan spell at a lower league English club (Rochdale maybe?) when he was called up. His record at international level is poor, with 0 goals in 8 starts, but since joining Killie, he's scored 11 goals in 14 games (including last night), which is a better ratio than most Scottish strikers! And considering that's playing with a side like Killie, who don't score barrel loads of goals, it's good going.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-08-2009, 09:25 AM
With Kyle's playing style, if he had got a game in Norway, he would have been sent off. I heard both John Robertson and Anal Preston last night talk down Riordans chances but at least JR stuck up for him when a caller said that he was trouble.

jacomo
26-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Weir should have been in the team against Norway - now it's too late, Burley brings him back.

This isn't managing the team, it's clutching at straws. I think Burley hasn't enjoyed much luck, but the job does seem to be too big for him.