25-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Is he suspended for cup ties as well?

Dibben
25-08-2009, 06:50 PM
No. Only for league games!

BH.

Broken Gnome
25-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Sky's preview said he was, but they said Zemmama and JJ were fit, so this doesn't really help at all :greengrin

Argylehibby
25-08-2009, 06:56 PM
On the basis he was not sent off against Morton last season he is not suspended for tomorrows game.

WindyMiller
25-08-2009, 06:58 PM
On the basis he was not sent off against Morton last season he is not suspended for tomorrows game.

Does that mean that Hoggy's suspended then?

Sprouleflyer
25-08-2009, 07:02 PM

Could well be, not sure if it carried onto the SC game against hearts?

Can't remember if he was playing in that game, kinda blocked that game from my memory banks!!!

Although did he not miss out in the next league game after the Morton game, although if memory serves me right was he not injured during the Morton game?

Argylehibby
25-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure he was sent off for the "foul" they scored the winner from and equally sure that the suspension is carried forward to next game regardless of the fact its a new season so I reckon he is.

Argylehibby
25-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Could well be, not sure if it carried onto the SC game against YamsNil?

Can't remember if he was playing in that game, kinda blocked that game from my memory banks!!!

Although did he not miss out in the next league game after the Morton game, although if memory serves me right was he not injured during the Morton game?

suspension is only for the competion that you got the cards for so would only be the league cup. If he was sent of against Morton he will be suspended I reckon.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-08-2009, 07:07 PM
The SFA list on outstanding suspensions for the League Cup only has two players. Michael Ohnesorge, formerly of Clyde, and the Hun, Kirk Broadfoot. Ian Murray's suspension is only for SPL games.

Argylehibby
25-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Mixu was red carded but Hogg wasnt It looks like the foul was given against him despite the fact he was the victim. He had to leave the field having received treatment then Grof made an @rse of the free kick and we wer oot. Step forward Mixu to advise Brines what we all thought and he was sent off.

OtterHibee
25-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Nope. He was booked but not sent off.

Could well be, not sure if it carried onto the SC game against YamsNil?

He was. That was the incident from which Morton scored their fourth. Hoggy was 'assaulted' (using Mixu's terminology) by the lad Paartalu, causing both players to go down with head knocks. Despite both teams' physio's being on the pitch, the Morton player was allowed to carry on, while Hoggy was ordered off the pitch to recieve further treatment. Morton scored from what should have been a rightful Hibs free kick.

Chris played on for 4 more games after the Morton game before conceding defeat due to post-concussion. Missed 6 weeks from then on.

Iain Brines could have passed for a Fringe performer on that night given his comedy refereeing :grr:

Signed: An Anorak