PDA

View Full Version : Row lettering in the East - how does it work?

(((Fergus)))
25-08-2009, 03:32 PM
How are the rows numbered (lettered) in the East. IIRC they don't start with A. Then what happens after Z (if it even gets that far)?

Thank you.

Wakeyhibee
25-08-2009, 03:34 PM
How are the rows numbered (lettered) in the East. IIRC they don't start with A. Then what happens after Z (if it even gets that far)?

Thank you.

Was originally A - Z ish until the west was built and pitch moved towards the East Terrace. I think front row is G now. Don't think it goes further than this ie no AA etc..

(((Fergus)))
25-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Was originally A - Z ish until the west was built and pitch moved towards the East Terrace. I think front row is G now. Don't think it goes further than this ie no AA etc..

Cheers :top marks

Hibs_of_Midlothian
25-08-2009, 04:37 PM
My seat is in row BB

Steve20
25-08-2009, 04:40 PM
My seat is row AA and it is the very back row.

Hibs_of_Midlothian
25-08-2009, 04:42 PM
The row in front of me is AA.

Just down from the half way line, towards the Famous Five stand.

Sean1875
25-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Im Row K and im about 4 rows from the front :agree:

HIBERNIAN 1875
25-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I sit in row H which is the second row from the front :agree:

Steve20
25-08-2009, 05:44 PM
The row in front of me is AA.

Just down from the half way line, towards the Famous Five stand.

I sit in row AA seat 29 and can assure you it is the back row.

Disc O'Dave
25-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Yup,

I'm in AA56, and it's the back row.....and I want first dabs on the back row in the new stand :dummytit:

Keith_M
25-08-2009, 06:09 PM

There's the proof that you're just making that up, nobody sits in the back row of the East :greengrin

Disc O'Dave
25-08-2009, 06:15 PM
There's the proof that you're just making that up, nobody sits in the back row of the East :greengrin

Hence my desire to get a back row seat in the new version....of course, the view will be cracking, so maybe no-one will want to stand.......:faf:

The_Todd
25-08-2009, 07:06 PM
This is how row lettering in the East works:

You stand on your seat in row K, Hibs score, there's a bit of a rammy and a lot of jumping and you'll find yourself somewhere in row G.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Hence my desire to get a back row seat in the new version....of course, the view will be cracking, so maybe no-one will want to stand.......:faf:

Im in row X and when they build the new east i hope everyone still stands, its better atmosphere. Maybe one day we can get terraces back into fooball at top levels. If not the back row of the new east will have to do :greengrin

Hibs_of_Midlothian
26-08-2009, 07:59 AM

You seem to doubt the existence of row BB!!!

Row AA is obviously the back row in your part of the East Stand, that does not mean it is the back row all the way along the Stand.

Open up your mind.

Why not arrive 10 minutes before kick off tonight , walk along the back of the Stand, go home after the game, log on here, and write your apology.

Same goes for Disc O'Dave.

Green Man
26-08-2009, 08:04 AM
BB definitely exists. I've just gone to the tickets website and looked for East stand tickets - it offered me seat BB 78.

Disc O'Dave
26-08-2009, 11:25 AM
You seem to doubt the existence of row BB!!!

Row AA is obviously the back row in your part of the East Stand, that does not mean it is the back row all the way along the Stand.

Open up your mind.

Why not arrive 10 minutes before kick off tonight , walk along the back of the Stand, go home after the game, log on here, and write your apology.

Same goes for Disc O'Dave.

I think you'll find my statement is 100% correct :wink:

My seat IS AA56
My seat IS in the back row.

I'll not be there early on Sunday though, as we have swimming for the wee one at 11.30 so I'll be annoying those around me by coming in after kick-off

Green Mikey
26-08-2009, 11:49 AM

My seat IS AA56

I'll not be there early on Sunday though, as we have swimming for the wee one at 11.30 so I'll be annoying those around me by coming in after kick-off

You will be annoying the people in the row behind you when you come in late:wink:

jakedance
26-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Greetings to my fellow back row AA'ers.

Row BB is for losers.

Gatecrasher
26-08-2009, 12:01 PM
how many folk are going to look at the lettering tonight out of curiosity

(((Fergus)))
26-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Im in row X and when they build the new east i hope everyone still stands, its better atmosphere. Maybe one day we can get terraces back into fooball at top levels. If not the back row of the new east will have to do :greengrin

I'll be in block 41, row X with three kids on Sunday. Maybe not my best ever decision. :greengrin

Disc O'Dave
26-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Greetings to my fellow back row AA'ers.

Row BB is for losers.

Maybe it's like Harry Potter, AA is the back row in this reality, but BB is the back row in another....you have to access it via a secret door below the TV gantry bridge thingy.

:nerd:

Peevemor
26-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Maybe it's like Harry Potter, AA is the back row in this reality, but BB is the back row in another....you have to access it via a secret door below the TV gantry bridge thingy.

Ah, you may be on to something there. Could the alternative reality be where certain players did all their work, which went otherwise unseen?

Moulin Yarns
26-08-2009, 12:19 PM

I CC where you're coming from, I've been in the East stand with a mate, he went to the pie stand and came back two lots of stairs further away, must have been a secret doorway, time warp or other anomoly. :greengrin

Disc O'Dave
26-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah, you may be on to something there. Could the alternative reality be where certain players did all their work, which went otherwise unseen?

You mean certain players who may have come from a club that wore claret and amber....the same colours as "whatever that gang is that Harry Potter is in"

(Google tells me it's Gryffindor)

And then there was the mysterious "Dobbie"........

Disc O'Dave
26-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I CC where you're coming from, I've been in the East stand with a mate, he went to the pie stand and came back two lots of stairs further away, must have been a secret doorway, time warp or other anomoly. :greengrin

"I CC where you're coming from...."

Careful now.....could bloom into some Yammish accusations....:duck:

Keith_M
26-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Because the east terrace was built when the pitch still had a slope, there's always been a higher number of rows of steps at the "deep end" than there was at the shallow end. This must have been the reason that the row lettering doesn't match up.

I wouldn't be surpised if the last row of seats nearest the South Stand is only around the letter X, or thereabouts.

Maybe somebody could confirm this tonight and report back to all us analy retentive people :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
26-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Because the east terrace was built when the pitch still had a slope, there's always been a higher number of rows of steps at the "deep end" than there was at the shallow end. This must have been the reason that the row lettering doesn't match up.

I wouldn't be surpised if the last row of seats nearest the South Stand is only around the letter X, or thereabouts.

Maybe somebody could confirm this tonight and report back to all us analy retentive people :greengrin

Maybe since they chopped the top terracing and put a lid on the lower bit, but not before :greengrin

Us oldies remember the good old days

Taz_hibee
26-08-2009, 12:35 PM
This is how row lettering in the East works:

You stand on your seat in row K, Hibs score, there's a bit of a rammy and a lot of jumping and you'll find yourself somewhere in row G.

As i sit in row G I know all about the half wits jumping all over me when we score :grr:

bawheid
26-08-2009, 12:42 PM
must have been a secret doorway, time warp or other anomoly.

And if Petrie doesn't incorporate that into the new stand then it'll be a disgrace. :grr:

Hibs_of_Midlothian
26-08-2009, 02:42 PM

My seat IS AA56

Not quite 100%% correct.

You could say "in the back row of your little bit of the stand"

Row AA remains in front of my seat in row BB.

By definition therefore Row AA cannot be the back row of the Stand.

Don't wait until Sunday, check it out tonight.

Disc O'Dave
26-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Wife is working late, so needed to be at home with bairn tonight......so I'll just have to wait until the weekend to see if the wall that's been behind my seat for the last 5 years, (and was there last week) is still there.

I won't lose any sleep over it though..........:rolleyes: