PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Motherwell closed doors at East Mains.

Brooster
25-08-2009, 01:53 PM
2-0 to Hibs at half time. Byrne scored the 1st, my contact at the game missed the 2nd goal.

Ritchie
25-08-2009, 01:54 PM
2-0 to Hibs at half time. Byrne scored the 1st, my contact at the game missed the 2nd goal.

not good enough..... :wink:

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Can we just make this count as the league fixture and get three points? It would be easier to prevent congestion later on.

GreenPJ
25-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Any trialists?

Brooster
25-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Any trialists?

As per usual it was blowing a gale (as it always is at EM) but I thought he said Flynn, McCormack, Moyes, Welsh, Booth, Currie, Keenan, Galbraith, Byrne and Deane were all playing. I'll keep you posted.

Brooster
25-08-2009, 02:57 PM
2-0 Full time.

Hibercelona
25-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Was Anderson playing :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Amadou got the second did he not :greengrin

Ritchie
25-08-2009, 04:14 PM
galbraith scored the other.... beat a defender and blasted it in the top corner. :thumbsup:

spoke to some1 who spoke to some1 who was there.

Golden Bear
25-08-2009, 04:30 PM
galbraith scored the other.... beat a defender and blasted it in the top corner. :thumbsup:

spoke to some1 who spoke to some1 who was there.

It seems unlikely that Galbraith will feature tomorrow night then. From what I've seen, the guy looks as though he can play a bit and hopefully he'll get his big chance sooner rather than later.

Toaods
25-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I would expect him to play

...he missed a long time through injury before coming to us, so better lots of part-games regularly than a long stint every now and again.

Moody D
25-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Can anyone give a match report or teams?

Mikey
25-08-2009, 07:53 PM
..........my contact at the game missed the 2nd goal.

Was your contact the Motherwell goalie? :greengrin

Billychaotic182
25-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Was your contact the Motherwell goalie? :greengrin

boo lol

Randerson_4
26-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Think this was in effect a Reserve game. My brother spoke to one of the 19s, who said he got on last 15 for the reserves today(yesterday). Assuming that closed door games will replace official reserves?

Agree that Galbraith will probably not be involved tonight due to playing. Shame if so, wouldve liked to see him get a run about

Brooster
26-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Think this was in effect a Reserve game. My brother spoke to one of the 19s, who said he got on last 15 for the reserves today(yesterday). Assuming that closed door games will replace official reserves?

Agree that Galbraith will probably not be involved tonight due to playing. Shame if so, wouldve liked to see him get a run about

Agreed, I would imagine Hibs will be playing a lot of closed doors games now that the Reserve League is finished.

Galbraith is in the squad of 18 tonight, as is Byrne. Only 16 can get stripped for cup ties though........Stack and Murray are defo starters.

ancient hibee
26-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I read that there is no reserve league but I thought that last season the SPL had decided to keep it going.

JimBHibees
26-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I read that there is no reserve league but I thought that last season the SPL had decided to keep it going.

Sure they decided to keep it on as well.

forthhibby
26-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Sure they decided to keep it on as well.

there will be a reserve league, but it's up to individual clubs if they want to take part, i believe 5 clubs will participate, don't know which clubs though

JimBHibees
26-08-2009, 05:00 PM
there will be a reserve league, but it's up to individual clubs if they want to take part, i believe 5 clubs will participate, don't know which clubs though

How pathetic is that. :bitchy:

ancient hibee
26-08-2009, 05:03 PM
It's astonishing isn't it-so we'll have a raft of players who won't get a competitive game anywhere.

Golden Bear
26-08-2009, 05:12 PM
It's astonishing isn't it-so we'll have a raft of players who won't get a competitive game anywhere.

:agree:

Unbelievable in fact. It could only happen in Scotland.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2009, 05:20 PM

Unless we're one of the 5 teams?

Golden Bear
26-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Unless we're one of the 5 teams?

Even if we are, only eight fixtures over the course of a season means well be paying wages to a big group of players who'll be spending the bulk of the season sitting on their asses.

It all seems a bit bizarre to me.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Even if we are, only eight fixtures over the course of a season means well be paying wages to a big group of players who'll be spending the bulk of the season sitting on their asses.

It all seems a bit bizarre to me.

I'd imagine the 5 clubs might play eachother more than twice each. How many reserve games did they get when they were playing in a league? 20?

Golden Bear
26-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd imagine the 5 clubs might play eachother more than twice each. How many reserve games did they get when they were playing in a league? 20?

Maybies - but it all seems a bit piecemeal. You would think that when clubs were setting their forecast budgets and size of their player pools for the next couple of seasons, then the plans for the Reserve League/fixtures would have been finalised some time ago.

Golden Bear
29-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I've just heard on the radio that even the plans for the "voluntary" Reserve League have now been scrapped.

What a frigging shambles at this stage of the season.

:grr:

BEEJ
29-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I've just heard on the radio that even the plans for the "voluntary" Reserve League have now been scrapped.

What a frigging shambles at this stage of the season.

:grr:
Agreed :agree:

down-the-slope
29-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I posted a lot at season end that I was concerned how a lack of a reserve league would harm the development of our talent from U19 into the 1st team and prove problematic in keeping subs that are sharp for the 1rst team / bring back injured players etc.

This action shows how all the words from the OF about developing scottich talent is hollow guff and they are saving the cost of one keek reserve players wages by advocating this course of action.

Yes it needs reorganising (possibly having a more regional set up to reduce travelling) but to scrap it with no replacement is shocking...we will end up having to send more players out on loan just to get decent level of action which if we get injuries could be an issue.

Could we not just buy Livi and have Erin Thistle :wink:

fife hfc
29-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Hibs should quickly set up partnerships with a number of smaller clubs where we will send players on loan (Cowdenbeath, Livi, east Fife, etc or even Hearts:greengrin).

basehibby
29-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I posted a lot at season end that I was concerned how a lack of a reserve league would harm the development of our talent from U19 into the 1st team and prove problematic in keeping subs that are sharp for the 1rst team / bring back injured players etc.

This action shows how all the words from the OF about developing scottich talent is hollow guff and they are saving the cost of one keek reserve players wages by advocating this course of action.

Yes it needs reorganising (possibly having a more regional set up to reduce travelling) but to scrap it with no replacement is shocking...we will end up having to send more players out on loan just to get decent level of action which if we get injuries could be an issue.

Could we not just buy Livi and have Erin Thistle :wink:

I agree this is a shambles and typical of the way our game is run with no cohesive strategy and policy apparently made up on the fly - I thought the development of talent was a priority in the SPL, what with the under 21s rule etc. So what are these guys supposed to do with themselves when they get too old for the U-19s? - rot, it would seem, as far as the SPL is concerned :grr::grr::grr:

maturehibby
29-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Another side effect is that the newly qualified grade 1 refs hone their skills in this league and will not be given the same chances to get up to speed