PDA

View Full Version : Flag and badge

RIP
25-08-2009, 11:23 AM
At Falkirk on Saturday there were two lads down the front right of the away stand with a big flag. It was green and black union jack.

It intrigued me at the time but was too shy to approach the laddies and ask about how it came about.

As it happens there's a lad fae the Perth/Dundee area who wears the same design in a lapel badge on his parka.

I'd like to know more about this - anyone?

cwilliamson85
25-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I remember seeing a union jack (greem black and white colours) in the upper west some games last season. It had LIVERPOOL across the middle.

Is it do do with THESE COLOURS DONT RUN from when Hibs went down south.

Hibee87
25-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I remember seeing a union jack (greem black and white colours) in the upper west some games last season. It had LIVERPOOL across the middle.

Its defo somthing to do with the casuals from what im led to beleive, not 100% sure what though. Im sure plenty of posters on here will enlighten us :thumbsup:

Antifa Hibs
25-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Two bald lads? In there fortys? Front right of the stand as your looking at the pitch? It's AB's flag, goes everywhere with him. They also have a bigger one IIRC..? Then there's the Liverpool ensign, all very confusing. :D

There is also the green, white and black union jack badges doing the rounds with Capital City Service on them.

I'll have a tenner that this thread turns into a flag debate :greengrin

Dinkydoo
25-08-2009, 11:39 AM
The CCS have used it as their badge/symbol for years.

Keith_M
25-08-2009, 11:59 AM

As it happens there's a lad fae the Perth/Dundee area who wears the same design in a lapel badge on his parka.

He posts, and is a well known figure, on here but I'll decline to say who. If he wants to he'll let you know.

Leith Green
25-08-2009, 12:16 PM
At Falkirk on Saturday there were two lads down the front right of the away stand with a big flag. It was green and black union jack.

It intrigued me at the time but was too shy to approach the laddies and ask about how it came about.

That flag belongs to Andy Blanche and his mates. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Maybe it was TQM, then again, couldn't be could it?:greengrin

Leith Green
25-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Na mate, it was a green and white st georges cross with Liverpool written across it ..

Jack
25-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I think we should have a sweep.

I'll go for 213 posts!

NOLA
25-08-2009, 01:06 PM
the casuals used to have t-shirts printed back in the day with the white/green/black union jack and 'these colours dont run'

BoltonHibee
25-08-2009, 01:21 PM

That flag does come from Hibs fans living in Liverpool, doubt you would have seen it in the West last season, but the seasons prior to that, for sure.

RIP
25-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Two bald lads? In there fortys? Front right of the stand as your looking at the pitch? It's AB's flag, goes everywhere with him. There is also the green, white and black union jack badges doing the rounds with Capital City Service on them.

Well I'm a (nearly) bald lad in my fifties and yes - I would say both guys were a goodly bit younger than me.

Just as well I didn't go and speak to them - would have blotted out the view of a few rows behind us. My a rse is the size of a small country and these lads were none too svelte :greengrin

Don't want to start any barney rubble - just wondering about the rationale behind the use of the Flag of the United Kingdom? It's more commonly seen at Tynie and Hunbrox?

Barrylavety
25-08-2009, 02:33 PM
at falkirk on saturday there were two lads down the front right of the away stand with a big flag. It was green and black union jack.

As it happens there's a lad fae the perth/dundee area who wears the same design in a lapel badge on his parka.

ccs

fiolex1
25-08-2009, 04:18 PM
First time I saw this flag was back in the 80's, but it had "Hibs are Cool" across it.

CropleyWasGod
25-08-2009, 04:30 PM
ccs

... never the same since Alexis Korner left them.

TheEastTerrace
25-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Remember seeing this in the West a couple of seasons back with 'Liverpool Hibs' on it. Also, the green/white/black union jack is displayed on Dykes 'These Colours Don't Run: Inside the Hibs Capital City Service' book. Was used on the early CCS t-shirts as well.

O'Rourke3
25-08-2009, 04:46 PM
... never the same since Alexis Korner left them.

:faf:

the happy hibee
25-08-2009, 07:00 PM
The black,green and white union jack is also done to deface the useal red,blue and white one by certain people aswell!:worms:

ArabHibee
25-08-2009, 07:02 PM
The black,green and white union jack is also done to deface the useal red,blue and white one by certain people aswell!:worms:
Do you honestly believe that? Coz I don't.

RIP
25-08-2009, 08:22 PM

Wots your theory Mrs P?

ArabHibee
25-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Wots your theory Mrs P?

Don't have a theory. It's a CCS flag as far as I'm aware.

And it's Miss N to you.

the happy hibee
25-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Just going by what i have been told in the past by people who have done that who i know! I am not saying that the guys on sat were doing that btw or the boy who used to have the flag with liverpool on it in the west stand!

The Harp Awakes
25-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Otherwise known as the 'fenian jack' I believe.

Not a great fan of the flag I have to say but everyone to their own.