PDA

View Full Version : Yamdilemma

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:08 AM
You are offered a complimentary hospitality package for the Yams-Dynamo game on Thursday.

a) You go to gloat and eat and drink as many freebies from this declining institution as you can, knowing with satisfaction you are depriving real, deserving Yam fans of a place;

b) The thought of going to the PBS without seeing Hibs is beyond the pale.

This is my predicament. Please advise.

Ritchie
25-08-2009, 09:12 AM
go, and smile the whole time. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Where is Option C, "Offer the hospitality to Hibbyradge"?

RoslinInstHibby
25-08-2009, 09:14 AM
always say yes to free hospitality, regardless of where it is.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Not sure about it. I've been texting Yam chums to tell them I'm going and getting that "how did you get..." bemused and outraged responses back, which has been wonderful sport!

Hibby Kate
I would be worried about contamination :wink:

God knows what you might catch

givescotlandfreedom
Free comedy with food and bevvie? Your luck's in, Bob.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Free comedy with food and bevvie? Your luck's in, Bob.

The funniest show on the Fringe.

Sergey
25-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Go easy on the munchies, Bob.

Didn't Environmental Health close them down last year after an outbreak of food poisoning :agree:

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Go easy on the munchies, Bob.

Didn't Environmental Health close them down last year after an outbreak of food poisoning :agree:

Yes, but I have to say that the Tyney 'hozzy' was decent when I was there for the Dean Shiels game.

Incidentally Sergey, I did manage to slip the marker to get to Bolton, but it was a straight back to the spa job afterwards.

dangermouse
25-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Just make sure you have a long hot bath when you get home and hand your dapper threads you wore for the evening to the dry cleaners first thing in the morning.

Jim44
25-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Go, but be prepared to change your username to 'Tarnished Bob S'. :greengrin

heretoday
25-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I wonder how many Hibbies WILL be in the crowd on Thursday.

EskbankHibby
25-08-2009, 09:40 AM
I would be worried about contamination :wink:

God knows what you might catch

Good point, could i suggest a Hans Blix (?spelling) outfit and a geiger counter as essential Tynecastle garb.

As an aside, could i ask what are you planning on wearing Bob?

iwasthere1972
25-08-2009, 09:50 AM
You are offered a complimentary hospitality package for the Yams-Dynamo game on Thursday.

a) You go to gloat and eat and drink as many freebies from this declining institution as you can, knowing with satisfaction you are depriving real, deserving Yam fans of a place;

Take the freebie and eat and drink (maybe even a doggy bag) as much as it's humanly possible to consume in 105 minutes or so. Whilst watching the Yams getting horsed again take great pleasure in knowing that they have paid to keep your hunger away for at least a week.

Get it right up the Yams. Really looking forward to Thursday's Cartoon Cavalcade and the backlash on Kickback. Maybe even an announcement coming out of Tynie on Friday morning regarding a job that has suddenly become available.

:thumbsup:

dublinhfc
25-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Usual......chicken
Usual......slow bringing your don revvie
Usual moronic surroundings
Usual Idiots spouting alot of garbage about garbage sitting in a garbage place surrounded with garbage

Getting the full comedy aspect of watching nade stomping up and down the pitch live in there rat infested hovel.....worth it!

Take an i pod or a big green pair of ear muffs, to drown out the sister humping trash beside you though!

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Good point, could i suggest a Hans Blix (?spelling) outfit and a geiger counter as essential Tynecastle garb.

As an aside, could i ask what are you planning on wearing Bob?

If i went in anything other than a shellsuit, or as it's the Yams hozzy, a badly fitted off-the-peg Moss Bros suit, I'd stand out like a sore thumb and my cover would be blown.

But I'll probably try and seriously tone it down; something like a John Smedley bottle green (to be slightly provocative) Dorset shirt, Full Circle double-breasted charcol trench coat, blue brushed-denim 'J70' loose-legged jeans by Armani (I know, I know, but it IS the PBS) and the giveaway for the gentleman, the attention lavished on the footwear. I'll plump for black Classic Oxford style lace-ups by Samuel Windsor.

Rather scruffy for ER, but perfectly suitable for the PBS. It's only a short walk from my Merchiston caravan, so no need to grab a cab or subject the poor Merc to parking in those rancid Gorgie streets.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Usual......chicken
Usual......slow bringing your don revvie
Usual moronic surroundings
Usual Idiots spouting alot of garbage about garbage sitting in a garbage place surrounded with garbage

Getting the full comedy aspect of watching nade stomping up and down the pitch live in there rat infested hovel.....worth it!

Take an i pod or a big green pair of ear muffs, to drown out the sister humping trash beside you though!

Ah, but you forget, they've signed Susan, so all that should be a thing of the past.

.SeventyFive
25-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Go for it!

I'd be going to see their pink asses get smacked if I didn't have prior commitments.

Wakeyhibee
25-08-2009, 10:24 AM

That has to be 'A' Bob,

Eat drink and be merry whilst talking through the finer points of goalscoring, striker mobility, the need for financial stability in the modern game & the loss of valuable income in europe. Ask all the Yams on your table and nearby if they can come back from such a deficit, repeat this at your seat after the first away goal and then at 10 minute intervals right up to 92 mins to anyone who will listen/speak to you.

It's an unbeatable chance to be as pleasantly annoying as is humanly possible at their expense (literally) :greengrin

I doubt you will be able to keep your face straight I know I wouldn't.

heidtheba
25-08-2009, 10:36 AM
If you do go remember that Nade gets subbed after 60 mins and gets a bit peckish so make sure you get the goodies before then...

Nando™
25-08-2009, 11:19 AM
The more money they lose the better, get stuck in son.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Play your cards right, Bob, and you might get a lumber in the lavvy. :cool2:

cwilliamson85
25-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I have been a few times to tynie hospitality. Drank myself silly and eat as much as I could and done it all wearing my Hibs tie.

Loved it especially if hearts get beat and you get to meet the players afterwards.

Jack
25-08-2009, 11:55 AM
DONT :devil:

Another reason not to use public toilets (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/08/24/national/a130343D15.DTL)
A man who used a public toilet in a shopping mall was taken to a hospital to have the toilet seat...

heidtheba
25-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Now given the fact that I was accused of being a Yam in a previous post I'm possibly going to be slated here but here goes anyway...

I havent been to ER for a while, committments got in the way, but I follow them in here etc. My wife can't stand football and my hibby mates don't go anymore cos of kids etc. Anyhoo, my yam mates do and since I taught one of their daughters and she was a mascot she sent me a special invite. She was 5 and I couldn't really say no could I.

Crap game and to top it all they won.

BUT - them on the verge of a horsing AND free grub and drink? Hell yeah.

Mon_the_cabbage
25-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees.

Houchy
25-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Go and fleece them for asmuch free stuff as possible, even if it means taking their drink and pouring it down the drain just to further increase their overheads. Plus, as you say revel in the knowledge that you are depriving some genuine deluded fan.

Woody70x2
25-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Go and enjoy the hospitality whilst watching the Hearts get humped. :thumbsup:

homielang
25-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Its better than a night at the cinema.

Groathillgrump
25-08-2009, 12:59 PM

Definitely go. Free food, free booze and they'll get humped. There is no predicament! :greengrin

I've been to Tynie hospitality twice (years ago mind) and I'm happy to report that they were gubbed both times by Rangers and St Johnstone. :thumbsup:

steviehfc
25-08-2009, 01:05 PM
If you do go remember that Nade gets subbed after 6 mins and gets absolutely ravenous so make sure you get the goodies before then...I fixed that for you.

davemcbain
25-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Zagreb scarf, it is swinging,
the Hearts, they are minging,
Free bar and my glass is filling
Free nosh to eat
Didnae pay for my seat
Sound like a Hibeee wonderland

Humped away by Zagreb,
Home leg and leaking more goals,
Don't stand a chance
this hertz team are pants
Sounds like a Hibeee wonderland..

Nah I'd give it a miss...nothing there for me to enjoy

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Perhaps I might go easier on the complimentary drink than i'd intended.

The_Todd
25-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Food poisoning is terrible, so don't actually touch any of the food.

Go along and waste as much as you can though, and hog all the heat from the Calor gas heaters.

HibeeB
25-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Got to be 'a'

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't sign anything when you are there.

Otherwise you will be starting as the lone striker against St Johnstone on Sunday :bitchy:

One Day Soon
25-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Hmm, go/don't go?

If its really bad - and I mean really very bad - then it could be the night that it starts to properly fall apart and that would be a good game to be able to say you were there.

If it becomes carnage in terms of scoreline and performance then you could be seeing scarves on pitch, 'Romanov must go' chants (unlikely I know since sheep cannot actually speak let alone chant), vladsheep fighting hatkickers, live managerial resignation and who knows, perhaps even a pitch invasion.

So all in all I would say go, but do a lot of practising keeping a straight face in advance.

O'Rourke3
25-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Got to go but ensure you drink far more than is good for you. The onset of v*mit should ensure the food poisoning hasn't taken hold yet. But ensure you get on the pitch when the time comes to upchuck - do it and they'll raise a statue to you down the supporters club.

A bit like :jamboak:

FranckSuzy
25-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Why not copy a recent Eastenders storyline and 'release' a few cockroaches whilst there? A call to the Environmental Health Dept the next day should work wonders in making Tincastle a no-go area for a while.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Why not copy a recent Eastenders storyline and 'release' a few cockroaches whilst there? A call to the Environmental Health Dept the next day should work wonders in making Tincastle a no-go area for a while.

Couldn't do it Franck, I'm sure those coackroaches have done wrong and deserved to be imprisoned in Tynecastle.

Hibercelona
25-08-2009, 11:38 PM
You shouldnt feel guilty about going there and eating all the food bob...

You will be doing Nade a huge favour after all. :wink:

Hermit Crab
25-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Its stonewaller yes but mind and leave some food for Nade to enjoy after the game :greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Couldn't do it Franck, I'm sure those coackroaches have done wrong and deserved to be imprisoned in Tynecastle.

Fair enough DBS. It must have been a pretty serious crime they committed though.

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 12:12 AM

If you're not going then I know someone who is looking for 2 tickets.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1191013#post1191013

:faf: Glutten for punishment or what.