PDA

View Full Version : just an idea

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2009, 08:59 AM
How about putting all the, "Where can I watch Hibs in USA,Mallorca, Brazil......" threads on the one thread? mibbe save some space? start it on a thursday and close it saturday,

J-C
25-08-2009, 09:01 AM
How about putting all the, "Where can I watch Hibs in USA,Mallorca, Brazil......" threads on the one thread? mibbe save some space? start it on a thursday and close it saturday,

Come on now, having radically clever ideas like that just isn't the hibs.net way. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2009, 09:05 AM
What if someone wants to know on, say, a Tuesday?

Woody1985
25-08-2009, 09:10 AM
When you break things down into too many categories you end up with lots of empty threads.

Lets face it, if you stayed in X location and someone posts asking for good places in that area it's not likely that you're gonna go looking at the thread just in case someone has asked about a location you might know about.

Along the lines of the moany ******** who complain about other aspects of football on this board and want a separate thread for them.

Have a look at page 1 just now and you could make 6/7 categories out the stuff that's there.

DC_Hibs
25-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Good point but if all the emptyheids had a bit of savvy and used google then there wouldnt need to be such threads.

celticbars.com is also a good starting point for the aforementioned windae lickers.

It does give them a good opportunity to advertise where they are going their holidays of course!!

Yours disgruntled

Viva_Palmeiras
25-08-2009, 09:23 AM
ive always wondered what about a FAQ section - tickets to barcelona, famous hibees? re-ocurring non-debateable information-only threads (e.g. non-flag)

Graham Law
25-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Or better still just don't go into the thread :dummytit:.....

I would not have known where to watch a Hibs match in Egypt if it were not for a bit guidance of a Hibs.Net poster after i posted one of these threads a few years back...

Don't see the problem with them myself

Auckland Hibs
25-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Good point but if all the emptyheids had a bit of savvy and used google then there wouldnt need to be such threads.

celticbars.com is also a good starting point for the aforementioned windae lickers.

It does give them a good opportunity to advertise where they are going their holidays of course!!

Yours disgruntled

:yawn:

Ritchie
25-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Or better still just don't go into the thread :dummytit:.....

I would not have known where to watch a Hibs match in Egypt if it were not for a bit guidance of a Hibs.Net poster after i posted one of these threads a few years back...

Don't see the problem with them myself

:top marks

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Not saying its a problem just saying mibbe one thread could be dedicated and not necesserally on Hibs.net Main Forum?

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Not saying its a problem just saying mibbe one thread could be dedicated and not necesserally on Hibs.net Main Forum?

The Travel Forum might be a decent place for these types of thread.

Woody1985
25-08-2009, 10:52 AM
The Travel Forum might be a decent place for these types of thread.

But the people looking for help won't get the exposure they need to get an answer.

If you have 1000 people on the main board you may have 1/2 that reply.

If you put it on a separate travel board the chances of the 1/2 people going in there to see if they can help anyone is slim to none.