24-08-2009, 10:30 PM
OK, OK I can tell you're all dying to find out what it was....:greengrin

hibeeleicester
24-08-2009, 10:33 PM
drumroll..........

Prawn Sandwich
anyone spot it tonight? :greengrin

Was it the Stoke City badge picture along with the Hibs badge? It certainly confused me?

Toaods
Was it the Stoke City badge picture along with the Hibs badge? It certainly confused me?

me too initially....:greengrin

Toaods
24-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Twas their big scoop story...:greengrin

Toaods
24-08-2009, 10:35 PM
had to get my mobile out and picture the screen...

even daft Ramon Bardwatch never noticed some non-football fans blunder...

Prawn Sandwich
24-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Twas their big scoop story...:greengrin

So what was the big scoop story? I think I might have passed out with excitement!

Toaods
24-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Hibs swoop for 'STOKE' (s)

clic below:

Toaods
24-08-2009, 10:37 PM
:faf:

Removed
24-08-2009, 10:42 PM

clic below:

Was that meant to be funny? What did Raman actually say?

BEEJ
24-08-2009, 10:47 PM

clic below:
Their sports journalists are really on the ball about all non-OF news items!

:rolleyes:

johnbc70
24-08-2009, 10:48 PM

clic below:

So we have bought a Premiership club then according to STV.

If this story involved Rangers or Celtic the same mistake would not be made. Lazy journalism, they should apologise on the show tomorrow.

Toaods
24-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Was that meant to be funny? What did Raman actually say?

it was a genuine blunder. Hibs geting Stokes was the big story.....someone in their production has got their wires crossed by not knowing who 'Stokes' is and misunderstood it to be STOKE

Immediately cast my mind back to another famous goof up on TOTP:

The Jackie/Jocky Wilson incident, Christmas episodes and truncated or unusual editions
In the main article, there's a a reference to Dexy's Midnight Runners performing their 1983 hit Jackie Wilson Said, in front of a TV screen with a still of darts player JOCKY Wilson.
The show - especially from the early 80s onwards - kept getting re-vamped to suit both the music style of the time and new additions to the Radio 1 DJ line-up - at this point, the performers were placed in front of a TV screen that projected still images which had something to do with the song - unfortunately, the producer at the time had never heard of soul singer Jackie Wilson and instead put up a picture of Jocky Wilson.

Toaods
24-08-2009, 10:59 PM
In the main article, there's a a reference to Dexy's Midnight Runners performing their 1983 hit Jackie Wilson Said, in front of a TV screen with a still of darts player JOCKY Wilson.
The show - especially from the early 80s onwards - kept getting re-vamped to suit both the music style of the time and new additions to the Radio 1 DJ line-up - at this point, the performers were placed in front of a TV screen that projected still images which had something to do with the song - unfortunately, the producer at the time had never heard of soul singer Jackie Wilson and instead put up a picture of Jocky Wilson.

here's the clip on You Tube for anyone who's never seen it before....check out Jockys big Darts coupon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao9p3ou7-U

Removed
24-08-2009, 11:02 PM
here's the clip on You Tube for anyone who's never seen it before....check out Jockys big Darts coupon...

That is a classic Dave - never seen that before :faf:

ballengeich
24-08-2009, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=johnbc70;2144946]So we have bought a Premiership club then according to STV.

QUOTE]

We couldn't afford the club, but we could easily buy the town.

basehibby
24-08-2009, 11:08 PM

:faf: That is a classic - Jocky Wilson - soul ICON :greengrin

Toaods
24-08-2009, 11:10 PM
:faf: That is a classic - Jocky Wilson - soul ICON :greengrin

the daft thing is none of them in the band or the studio got the connection...same as daft Bardwach on Scotland Today. He's a right top sports reporter(not).

iwasthere1972
24-08-2009, 11:18 PM

clic below:

Nice telly. Can you take a photo of the back as I want to have a butchers at the coin slot. :greengrin

Peevemor
24-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Did you see this comment?

Shame the set guy who put up the Jocky Wilson wasn't doing the pics when they were on TOTP playing come on eileen!

Toaods
25-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Did you see this comment?

hadn't seen that- I just remembered the incident as I watched it live.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 06:59 AM
So we have bought a Premiership club then according to STV.

If this story involved Rangers or Celtic the same mistake would not be made. Lazy journalism, they should apologise on the show tomorrow.

Don't tell the Yams, they'll want one as well.

But they would, being the big team, need to buy Man Utd, or even Real Madrid, not a two-bob outfit like Stoke.

Jack
25-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Is part of the problem not that its just a blue screen behind the presenter and they don’t know what's there unless they can see a monitor, that’s how the weather folk point to the right places but you'll notice its all rather sweeping gestures than pointing at specific places.

So much as I think he’s a t!t Raman probably didn’t know what was behind him.

Toaods
25-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Is part of the problem not that its just a blue screen behind the presenter and they don’t know what's there unless they can see a monitor, that’s how the weather folk point to the right places but you'll notice its all rather sweeping gestures than pointing at specific places.

So much as I think he’s a t!t Raman probably didn’t know what was behind him.

SPOILSPORT....:na na: