PDA

View Full Version : Greggs russel anderson .signed? (merged)

erin go bragh
24-08-2009, 09:05 PM
had a few texts saying we have signed russel anderson.[nothing about it on the official site] but think if true would be a cracking signing.[anyone else heard anything?:wink:

Hibs90
24-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Yogi said earlier he wasn't interested in Anderson.

NOLA
24-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Dont want him thanks.

Aldo
24-08-2009, 09:48 PM
The quality he is after seems to be in the right direction and if the other signing comes off then bums on seats it is. :greengrin

Dr_Regal
24-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Dont want him thanks.

Why not? Is Hogg better ?

Hibs90
24-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Why not? Is Hogg better ?

I think so.

CB_NO3
24-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Anderson is better than Hogg.

woodyhfc4892
24-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I think so.

I also thinkso :agree:

Hibs90
24-08-2009, 10:14 PM

How do you know? He aint played in a year.

bingo70
24-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Pressumably his memory goes back further than a year :wink:

Seriously though, a fully fit Russell Anderson is miles better than Hogg, whether he's fully fit or not i'd let our medical staff decide.

CB_NO3
24-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Stokes aint played in a year either but he is still better than most of our strikers.

The Green Goblin
24-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I think Anderson would be a good signing for us. Good at tidying up and intelligent distribution.

GG

Dr_Regal
25-08-2009, 12:38 AM
I think Anderson would be a good signing for us. Good at tidying up and intelligent distribution.

GG

And a goal scoring threat from corners.

Judas Iscariot
25-08-2009, 08:18 AM
I think so.

I also thinkso :agree:

:faf:

Ok you two, stop it :agree:

GG

Was a standout for the sheep, looked good in the few Scotland apperences he made..

Would be a superb signing :hnet:

Keith_M
25-08-2009, 08:29 AM
To the OP:

Did you know you can request a change to your username when you've made a mistake when signing up, something like (just off the top of my head :wink:) a spelling mistake.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-08-2009, 08:30 AM

Don't think that Yogi would make Hogg captain and then buy someone for his position. Healthy competition is one thing, but if we were paying out the kind of money needed to bring a player like Anderson to ER, it would be as a first team player.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I think Anderson would be a good signing for us. Good at tidying up and intelligent.

GG

Just like my wife, really. :agree:

down the slope
25-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I always thought Anderson had a wee bit of class and for that reason i think he would be good for us, this is the direction we should be moving-always bettering the squad we already have.

JimBHibees
25-08-2009, 09:18 AM

By about the distance between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. If he is signing hope he is in for Sunday. If so Hogg on the bench.

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2009, 09:22 AM
You dinnae stick yir captain on the bench,doesnae make you look to good for picking him as captain in the first place.

JimBHibees
25-08-2009, 09:23 AM
You dinnae stick yir captain on the bench,doesnae make you look to good for picking him as captain in the first place.

If someone is better than him and it would strengthen the team, it would be negligent not to

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Yogi said earlier he wasn't interested in Anderson.

He's not going to let those sneaky, weedgie muppets of the sports press know his intentions. In fact, he's going to do everything to throw them off the scent.

I would deny everything to them, then sign who I wanted. I think Yogi knows that those redundant hacks have long since ceded their right to be considered the medium through which the supporters are informed of a club's intentions.

Let them play their OF fanzine games and tell them nothing.

Randerson_4
25-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Dont particularly rate Anderson. Didnt think all that much of him when he was up here, and hes had a few injuryprone years down south. Dont think he is any better than Hogg either, and Hogg is the captain so anyone who says Anderson would be brought in to replace Hogg is talking nonsense

JimBHibees
25-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Dont particularly rate Anderson. Didnt think all that much of him when he was up here, and hes had a few injuryprone years down south. Dont think he is any better than Hogg either, and Hogg is the captain so anyone who says Anderson would be brought in to replace Hogg is talking nonsense

I think you may be right in that Anderson if he were to come wouldnt be brought in to replace Hogg, it would be possibly Bamba. In saying that I think Hogg is rank average and his last 2 games have been a stark reminder of that IMO. Anderson to me is a much more proven SPL player and he was a captain of a very good Dons team for 3 or 4 years. If we can get him and he is fit and we manage to retain Bamba even until January, I would have no hesitation in having Anderson and Bamba as our centre half pairing with Hogg as back up, captain or not. Hogg's current form gives me nightmares when you consider we are playing Celtc on Sunday.

hstn747
25-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Someone has added Anderson to the Hibs squad on wikipedia. However, when you click on his name it mentions that he signed for hibs for an undisclosed fee & "his first task is to have his Heart of Midlithuania tatoos removed". :greengrin

Anyone going to own up?

hibeerobbo
25-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Someone has added Anderson to the Hibs squad on wikipedia. However, when you click on his name it mentions that he signed for hibs for an undisclosed fee & "his first task is to have his Heart of Midlithuania tatoos removed". :greengrin

Anyone going to own up?

Russell Anderson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Anderson)

MoantheCabbage
25-08-2009, 02:58 PM
If we have signed Anderson and i hope we have he would be a natural pairiong to Hogg not a replacement. Was Hogg on the bench when Jones was here. No is the answer

Bamba will slot back into midfield and that will be that.

Craig_in_Prague
25-08-2009, 03:03 PM
If we have signed Anderson and i hope we have he would be a natural pairiong to Hogg not a replacement. Was Hogg on the bench when Jones was here. No is the answer

I hope not. He's held that defence together!

There is no harm in having a better quality squad, if Bamba or Hogg get injured, we don't have much to come in... We have a very healthy competition attacking wise, and getting something like that defensively, is what would help us be more consistent over a season.

GREEN WARLORD
25-08-2009, 03:04 PM

:agree: As the man said.

NGP
25-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Anderson would be a great signing - don't put Hogg on the bench, put him in at right back.

Hogg RB Bamba or Murray CH / Anderson CH Hanlon LB

Looks good to me

Hibs7
25-08-2009, 03:08 PM
lots of rumours flying about but nothing to say we have signed him, all hearsay till the ink has dried. :wink:

JimBHibees
25-08-2009, 03:22 PM

There is no harm in having a better quality squad, if Bamba or Hogg get injured, we don't have much to come in... We have a very healthy competition attacking wise, and getting something like that defensively, is what would help us be more consistent over a season.

Totally agree.

BT58
25-08-2009, 03:24 PM
whats wrong with macCormack [soz if spelling wrong]
jeezo we all moaned when celtic tried to steal him before
MP tried to play him at rb,,,,,,never his true position, i would try him in along side bamba tomorow nite,,,,,,,,,,might just save us some money,,
JH has stated that he`s not interested in RA anyway,,could be a bluff
maybe he`s looking to bring in from within
hb

Spike Mandela
25-08-2009, 03:26 PM
If Russel Anderson goes cut price to anywhere it will be Aberdeen and not us.

ancient hibee
25-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Anderson would be a great signing - don't put Hogg on the bench, put him in at right back.

Hogg RB Bamba or Murray CH / Anderson CH Hanlon LB

Looks good to me
It's obvious Hughes believes in attacking wing backs-Hogg is totally wrong for that role.

Dibben
25-08-2009, 03:34 PM
If Russel Anderson goes cut price to anywhere it will be Aberdeen and not us.

Going on yesterday, McGhee will only sign anderson if he also cuts the grass and cleans up on matchdays... Anything to save a bob or two...

BH.

Randerson_4
25-08-2009, 04:52 PM

From what I seen on saturday on the TV, he was doing his best to rip it apart. could quite easily have been sent off IIRC, was very reckless

Hibs90
25-08-2009, 04:56 PM
From what I seen on saturday on the TV, he was doing his best to rip it apart. could quite easily have been sent off IIRC, was very reckless

Bamba was the best player on the park on Saturday.:agree:

frazeHFC
25-08-2009, 05:07 PM
If we sign Anderson, another pretty high profile signing for a team like us, then i believe we will be completely ready to claim 3rd place, we would have an almost complete squad

CraigK
25-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Anderson would be a great signing.

Also, does anyone else think that he looks like Peter Weller from Robocop?

hibs0666
25-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm hearing that Anderson was in for talks today - can anyone confirm/deny?

frazeHFC
25-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Theres a thread earlier about someone saying he's joining, please be true :agree:

smurf
25-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Yogi dismissed it yesterday...:cool2:

frazeHFC
25-08-2009, 05:47 PM
On Aberdeens forum some of their fans have it on good authority that Barr and Anderson are signing for us, Barr-£250k, Anderson-£500k

I doubt it but that's what they are saying

Dibben
25-08-2009, 06:15 PM
On Aberdeens forum some of their fans have it on good authority that Barr and Anderson are signing for us, Barr-£250k, Anderson-£500k

I doubt it but that's what they are saying

Aye, would take that. Get them signed by tommorrow lunch ready for Brechin, and add on quite a few more walk up fans through then turnstyles!

Get in Arfield and...

BH.

ancient hibee
25-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Aye, would take that. Get them signed by tommorrow lunch ready for Brechin, and add on quite a few more walk up fans through then turnstyles!

Get in Arfield and...

BH.
Nurse,nurse.............he's escaped again.

Hibby Bairn
25-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Going on now.....I believe.

cad
25-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Just been reading EEN online guy claims Anderson was at ER a 4 .45 today .hope it pans out

25/08/2009 16:43:46
just had the heads up. Anderson at ER, as I type, for talks.

YehButNoBut
25-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Just been reading EEN online guy claims Anderson was at ER a 4 .45 today .

25/08/2009 16:43:46
just had the heads up. Anderson at ER, as I type, for talks.

Think he would be a great addition to the squad if true, things are looking good for this season. :thumbsup:

Dibben
25-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Nurse,nurse.............he's escaped again.

Alright, alright,..

I'll take my pills!

BH.

erin go bragh
25-08-2009, 07:59 PM
To the OP:

Did you know you can request a change to your username when you've made a mistake when signing up, something like (just off the top of my head :wink:) a spelling mistake.
ive tried to change it with no joy. yes i never put in a fin g in bragh:grr:[im my defence had a few buds and a wee bit green] :grr:

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Well? Was he there? Did he sign?

RoYO!
25-08-2009, 09:22 PM
imagine our board- of all boards, :wink: shelling out £1M on players in a week!

if people (ie arm chair and fans of other clubs) werent sitting up and taking notice by now with stokes signing they sure as hell would be after that.

cad
25-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Well? Was he there? Did he sign?

:dunno:

Speedway
25-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Thought this first search query answer was interesting.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBGB287GB330&q=russell+anderson+wiki

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Probably still in there arguing with the Tache about a signing on fee and parking space. They're both Aberdonians after all.

WindyMiller
25-08-2009, 10:23 PM
A lot of folk wanting Anderson signed! Even shooed into the team before the weekend in preference to our Captain or even the better half of our CH pairing.

Has he played a competitive match since he done his cruciate?

IndieHibby
25-08-2009, 10:35 PM
A lot of folk wanting Anderson signed! Even shooed into the team before the weekend in preference to our Captain or even the better half of our CH pairing.

Has he played a competitive match since he done his cruciate?

So - shouldn't we sign him? Assuming that Tache and Hughes know that he has to pass a medical...

WindyMiller
25-08-2009, 10:39 PM
So - shouldn't we sign him? Assuming that Tache and Hughes know that he has to pass a medical...

I've no idea if we should sign him or not, I'll trust JH on that, but I'm suggesting it would be a tad risky to be playing him this week against Celtic.

Not really the best time to change even our CH pairing, IMO.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Bleary-eyed Russell and Rod now still locked in discussion over breakfast table at the Caley Hotel. Deadlock over terms and finances on its way to being broken.

DANDY DISPUTE!

Argument over who is liable for the breakfast between those two Aberdonians starts up. Negotiations back in peril.

RESOLUTION!

Waitress (Croatian) agrees to pay as still in euphoric state and kindly predisposed towards all things Edinburgh thanks to Homfc's tame capitulation to Dynamo Zabreb.

Casa and the boys delighted to have helped secure the future of the game in the capital.

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Anderson would be a great signing.

Also, does anyone else think that he looks like Peter Weller from Robocop?

:agree::thumbsup:

--------
26-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Probably still in there arguing with the Tache about a signing on fee and parking space. They're both Aberdonians after all.

Bleary-eyed Russell and Rod now still locked in discussion over breakfast table at the Caley Hotel. Deadlock over terms and finances on its way to being broken.

DANDY DISPUTE!

Argument over who is liable for the breakfast between those two Aberdonians starts up. Negotiations back in peril.

RESOLUTION!

Waitress (Croatian) agrees to pay as still in euphoric state and kindly predisposed towards all things Edinburgh thanks to Homfc's tame capitulation to Dynamo Zabreb.

Casa and the boys delighted to have helped secure the future of the game in the capital.

Do I detect a certain degree of Sheepist stereotyping here, Bob? :cool2:

sambajustice
26-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Would be a cracking signing I think! More than capable SPL defender.

I think if we do get him I dont think the fans can expect too many more signings in this window.

Unless of course moving on 3 or 4 players frees up enough money to get another quality signing in! I think the moving of the 3 or 4 could be the hard part!

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Do I detect a certain degree of Sheepist stereotyping here, Bob? :cool2:

Not at all. Just anticipating a bit of a baaatle over financial terms.

Steve-O
26-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Not at all. Just anticipating a bit of a baaatle over financial terms.

Petrie will make sure he isn't fleeced anyway.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2009, 08:52 AM
When was the last time Anderson played a competitive game?:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Petrie will make sure he isn't fleeced anyway.

:agree: He'll pull the wool over his eyes.

p=sh
26-08-2009, 08:57 AM

what's that mutt on?

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2009, 09:24 AM
So it seems like the Russell A story is a load of old nonsense then. Right, that's it, I'm never going back till tonight.

Phil D. Rolls
26-08-2009, 10:01 AM

Ewe can say that again.

MoantheCabbage
26-08-2009, 11:50 AM

To be fair im not sure how many games you have seen Bamba play for hibs but Last season he was outstanding in midfield and thats where he has recieved his plaudits. He has done well since covering Jones's position but also think he has a bit of tendency to dive in and as a centre half he prob still has lots of learning to do. Anderson is an excellent centre half, add that to bamba back in that holding role with his height, speed and athleticism the team is much stronger.

As for Hogg playing right back does no one remember he has already played there when Martis and Jones were our centre halfs. He was not very good to say the least.

Leith Green
26-08-2009, 11:55 AM
To be fair im not sure how many games you have seen Bamba play for hibs but Last season he was outstanding in midfield and thats where he has recieved his plaudits. He has done well since covering Jones's position but also think he has a bit of tendency to dive in and as a centre half he prob still has lots of learning to do. Anderson is an excellent centre half, add that to bamba back in that holding role with his height, speed and athleticism the team is much stronger.

As for Hogg playing right back does no one remember he has already played there when Martis and Jones were our centre halfs. He was not very good to say the least.

If we sign Anderson then I would agree 100 per cent with this..:agree:

How can folk come out and say Hogg should play right back, when a previous manager was quite rightly given so much stick for playing players out of position and subsequently was a major factor in him losing his job..

If we sign Anderson, it will either be as a replacement for Bamba as he is being sold or moved position..

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2009, 12:27 PM

Thanks to television, internet and aeroplanes, quite a lot thank you.

All my point was, that maybe Yogi wants a healthy competition for places, not just a strong starting 11.
We have that now in the striking department (which is usually difficult to do), so why not in defence as well...

Bamba so far has looked excellent at CH, and if Yogi believes keeping him there is for the best, then I trust him. He wants his midfield to 'play football' ... and that's not Bamba's strong point, is it.

Ritchie
26-08-2009, 12:31 PM

All my point was, that maybe Yogi wants a healthy competition for places, not just a strong starting 11.
We have that now in the striking department (which is usually difficult to do), so why not in defence as well...

Bamba so far has looked excellent at CH, and if Yogi believes keeping him there is for the best, then I trust him. He wants his midfield to 'play football' ... and that's not Bamba's strong point, is it.

i thought he showed last season that he could play football.... rather well. :rolleyes:

MoantheCabbage
26-08-2009, 12:36 PM

So are you saying Bamba is just a hoof merchant as from what ive seen his holding role play has been amazing which is why he has had all attention from the media and has the fans excited. He can play football

If Russell Anderson is signed he will not be there to warm the bench thats a fact. Hibs are not in the business of signing players to bench them.

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2009, 12:44 PM
So are you saying Bamba is just a hoof merchant as from what ive seen his holding role play has been amazing which is why he has had all attention from the media and has the fans excited. He can play football

If Russell Anderson is signed he will not be there to warm the bench thats a fact. Hibs are not in the business of signing players to bench them.

I am not disagreeing at all, that Bamba was not excellent for us in the holding role.
Fact is, Yogi doesn't play him there, so if he stays at Hibs Yogi obviously sees him as a CH.
I respect Yogi a lot and trust him in his judgement... That's all....

It's about time we got some players in and expected them to compete for the 1st team (see Stack), but ideally we want a strong 14-15 players, which might see us finally be more consistent over a season.

MoantheCabbage
26-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I am not disagreeing at all, that Bamba was not excellent for us in the holding role.
Fact is, Yogi doesn't play him there, so if he stays at Hibs Yogi obviously sees him as a CH.
I respect Yogi a lot and trust him in his judgement... That's all....

It's about time we got some players in and expected them to compete for the 1st team (see Stack), but ideally we want a strong 14-15 players, which might see us finally be more consistent over a season.

Yogi has had to play Bamba there due to the void left by Jones. If the rumour of signing Anderson is true then he is a natural to fill that void. I agree competition for places is a must but Anderson will be on allot more wages than we can provide so he wont be coming to provide cover and cmpetition and we certainly are not gonna drop the captain or the player that Yogi rates highly.

I dont know why you also kepp saying you trust yogi as that has nothing to do with anything, we all trust him as a manager. Im merely pointing out the common sense approach to signing an excellent centre half

--------
26-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Would Anderson be a good player to have at ER?

Answer YES? Sign him.

Answer NO? Don't.

IMO his signing would give us options we don't at present have. There's no doubt about his ability. The one question might be about his fitness, but that can be checked and assessed before the contract is signed.

The Bam's done OK at CH so far, but like one or two others I have this fear that one day he's going to ride his luck a wee bit too far and either get sent off or give away a horrible goal. He was very close to the line on Saturday.

I hope we sign RA. It's always a good selection problem to have - who to leave out ....

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Yogi has had to play Bamba there due to the void left by Jones. If the rumour of signing Anderson is true then he is a natural to fill that void. I agree competition for places is a must but Anderson will be on allot more wages than we can provide so he wont be coming to provide cover and cmpetition and we certainly are not gonna drop the captain or the player that Yogi rates highly.

I dont know why you also kepp saying you trust yogi as that has nothing to do with anything, we all trust him as a manager. Im merely pointing out the common sense approach to signing an excellent centre half

I agree that partly he's playing there coz Jones left, but if Yogi really want to builid his team with Bamba in the midfield, he would have surely have got a CH much earlier, and wouldn't have signed McBride and Cregg....

Time will tell what unfolds and how the team looks come 1st Sept....

MoantheCabbage
26-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I agree that partly he's playing there coz Jones left, but if Yogi really want to builid his team with Bamba in the midfield, he would have surely have got a CH much earlier, and wouldn't have signed McBride and Cregg....

Time will tell what unfolds and how the team looks come 1st Sept....

Yeah we certainly will do.

As for Mcbride and Cregg both players were available at that point and have been exccellent additions however finding a replacement of Jones's stature is obv allot more difficult.

Ill of course be intouch if Anderson does sign and we can discuss the finer points then :thumbsup::agree:

WindyMiller
26-08-2009, 01:14 PM
When was the last time Anderson played a competitive game?:confused:

As far as I can make out, not since he done his cruciate a year ago.

Bu he was back training with Burley by the time they played the pay-offs and was celibrating with the players at the final whistle.

WindyMiller
26-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Would Anderson be a good player to have at ER?

Answer YES? Sign him.

Answer NO? Don't.

IMO his signing would give us options we don't at present have. There's no doubt about his ability. The one question might be about his fitness, but that can be checked and assessed before the contract is signed.

The Bam's done OK at CH so far, but like one or two others I have this fear that one day he's going to ride his luck a wee bit too far and either get sent off or give away a horrible goal. He was very close to the line on Saturday.

I hope we sign RA. It's always a good selection problem to have - who to leave out ....

Hoggy!