PDA

View Full Version : Question End in sight for a new stand??

MrSmith
24-08-2009, 03:09 PM
With all the speculation surrounding the price of Stokes (800k) and the bids put in place for Barr/Arfield (300k / 750k - yes all in nearly £2million pounds)...methinks this might signal the end for a new stand being built!

Why would hibs spend so much on players and wages unless they had decided to cancel building the stand??

Only asking and assuming a lot! :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
24-08-2009, 03:10 PM
With all the speculation surrounding the price of Stokes (800k) and the bids put in place for Barr/Arfield (300k / 750k - yes all in nearly £2million pounds)...methinks this might signal the end for a new stand being built!

Why would hibs spend so much on players and wages unless they had decided to cancel building the stand??

Maybe Stokes is only in the shop window, pay 500k for him and sell hi m on in a year for 3m :devil: then build the stand, good business I say :wink:

Mikey
24-08-2009, 03:12 PM
I'd be very surprised if the new stand isn't announced at the upcoming AGM.

Sean1875
24-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe Stokes is only in the shop window, pay 500k for him and sell hi m on in a year for 3m :devil: then build the stand, good business I say :wink:
Planning permission runs out at the end of this year.

Peevemor
24-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Planning permission runs out at the end of this year.

February 2010 :nerd:

MrSmith
24-08-2009, 03:15 PM

I sincerely hope so!

YehButNoBut
24-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Think it will have to be started next year or they will be unlikely to get planning permission again.

No doubt we will find out soon.

cwilliamson85
I thought the board had planned to get the £ needed to get the stand built then any other money that comes in will be for players. Or maybe the board have realised that with the squad we had last year / before we would not have nearly filled the new stand and some £ had to be put into the squad.

Build a good team worth watching challenging for cups / euro spots and get the people of the new plastic seats.

--------

:agree:

.SeventyFive
24-08-2009, 03:18 PM

When is that exactly?

Andy74
24-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Surely spending a wee bit of money is a sign that the finances are all in order and that a new stand will be in the offing soon?

Mikey
24-08-2009, 03:20 PM
When is that exactly?

There's no date set yet but it's likely to be the end of September or the beginning of October. The accounts haven't been received yet. Expect the accounts around mid September.

Last Minute
24-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Have been told that we have already started work on it by diging up a few holes at the back of the east which means we have started and keeps the council happy with the planing permision:wink:

YehButNoBut
24-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Have been told that we have already started work on it by diging up a few holes at the back of the east which means we have started and keeps the council happy with the planing permision:wink:

Is that the new toilets then. :wink:

Last Minute
24-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Is that the new toilets then. :wink:

:faf:

brog
24-08-2009, 03:44 PM

I think you're assuming wrongly if you think Stokes was 800k. I doubt very much if fee came close to half that amount. Regardless, it was a great piece of work, with the added bonus of p-'ing off the Yams right royally!!

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Still think they will build it this season.

Apart from the £400,000 or less spent on Stokes we havnt spent any money and that is near enough what we got for Jones.

My mate and his wee boy have got STs for the east this year and the poor guy has to spend most of the match with the kid on his shoulders so he can see the game.

His tickets cost the same as the FF so why should he have to put up with crap seats, crap bogs and pillars which block the view of the pitch ?

If you have never sat in the east you can get the same affect by buying 100 years of Hibs and ripping three pages out of every chapter before you read it.

And I quote "Get it sorted Petrie" :grr:

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Apart from the £400,000 or less spent on Stokes we havnt spent any money and that is near enough what we got for Jones.

My mate and his wee boy have got STs for the east this year and the poor guy has to spend most of the match with the kid on his shoulders so he can see the game.

His tickets cost the same as the FF so why should he have to put up with crap seats, crap bogs and pillars which block the view of the pitch ?

If you have never sat in the east you can get the same affect by buying 100 years of Hibs and ripping three pages out of every chapter before you read it.

Yes, the east is minging and has had its day.

Brando7
24-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Quick question of all you's east end fans, why do you persist in standing during the game:confused:

wazoo1875
24-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Don't get me wrong here mate but why on earth is he/are you moaning about it , they could have sat anywhere else and had a better view . I sit/stand in there with my son because i want to. I want a new stand too , i just don't see the logic in complaining about the state of the current stand as everyone knows it's a tip.

hibee_girl
24-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Quick question of all you's east end fans, why do you persist in standing during the game:confused:

Because it's how football should be watched :greengrin

bingo70
24-08-2009, 08:19 PM

Because watching football standing up is better :wink:

(no sure why right enough, it just is :greengrin)

wazoo1875
24-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Because watching football standing up is better :wink:

(no sure why right enough, it just is :greengrin)
It's also much easier to pish on the people in front of you when your'e standing :greengrin

steviehfc
24-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Quick question of all you's east end fans, why do you persist in standing during the game:confused:Because i prefer to stand, and standing areas at football grounds should never have been done away with.
It was a knee-jerk reaction to what happened at Hillsborough, a disaster that would never have happened but for the appalling decisions taken by the police that day.
Rant Over.

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Because:-

A) Thats how football should be watched

&

B) Because its better.

The East has stood for years and years, decades infact.

Thats my biggest worry for when the East goes, having sit.

The_Todd
24-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Just as you don't understand us standing up, I don't understand those who enjoy sitting down.

I love standing, singing, bouncing... It's part of the entertainment for me. Trying to sing when you're sat down is rubbish.

I hope the stewards in the new east will be as leniant as they are now when it comes to standing.

bingo70
24-08-2009, 08:33 PM

&

B) Because its better.

Terrified of the sit doon brigade coming over from the west because they want to sit in the new stand and completely ruin the atmosphere by insisting everyone sits down the whole game, it's what happens whenever we go to hampden and it happened when we played St Johnstone at tynecastle a few seasons ago.

When it's built there should be some sort of drive by the club to ensure that the current east standers get first option to 'sit' there

hibee_girl
24-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Terrified of the sit doon brigade coming over from the west because they want to sit in the new stand and completely ruin the atmosphere by insisting everyone sits down the whole game, it's what happens whenever we go to hampden and it happened when we played St Johnstone at tynecastle a few seasons ago.

When it's built there should be some sort of drive by the club to ensure that the current east standers get first option to 'sit' there

Did the club not say last year though that we would get first dibs at the new stand when it was built or was that just talk on here?

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Yes, people should understand that it isn't the west and there's plenty of space for moaners about chants/standing etc over there.

Sas_The_Hibby
24-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Just as you don't understand us standing up, I don't understand those who enjoy sitting down.

I love standing, singing, bouncing... It's part of the entertainment for me. Trying to sing when you're sat down is rubbish.

I hope the stewards in the new east will be as leniant as they are now when it comes to standing.

Personally, I don't understand either point of view. What's wrong with lying down or kneeling?! :confused: Bring back crouching areas, I say. :greengrin

clerriehibs
24-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Your argument is fair enough when it's the east at easter road and most folk should know how that place works. Turning up at Hampden, where there isn't a 'tolerated' standing area, with your kids or your grandad, and having some idiot standing right in front of you cos it's his god-given right don't you know, is a pain in the erse. Especially annoying when it happened to me, because it was obvious the idiot was only passing some time before he could go and have a rammy outside.

madhibby
24-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Slightly off topic but I do want to see a new East stand as it will increase the capacity and give Hibs more seats to market.

I have some sympathy for the fans who like to sing although I think once it has proper seats then you should be expected to sit down for most of the game.

One thing I understand Falkirk have done in their new behind the goals stand is to say all tickets let you sit anywhere so its much easier to sit with you mates and therefore create a better atmosphere. Maybe that is something Hibs could consider?

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Your argument is fair enough when it's the east at easter road and most folk should know how that place works. Turning up at Hampden, where there isn't a 'tolerated' standing area, with your kids or your grandad, and having some idiot standing right in front of you cos it's his god-given right don't you know, is a pain in the erse. Especially annoying when it happened to me, because it was obvious the idiot was only passing some time before he could go and have a rammy outside.

At the same time though you've got young (and older) dudes and dudettes who are pumped up and excited and don't want to sit as if they are at the theatre. I was in the north stand for the league cup final and had some posh bint tell us to sit down, even though everyone infront was standing. Sit down at a cup final we are winning, nah, bolt!

I'm still surprised we don't have seperate sections. UK football clubs have the most diveresed away fans in the world, you follow any team in the continent and the away following won't have a womenm, pensioner or kid insight so it ain't a problem, here though we have kids, oldies, pensioners, disabled folk etc aswell as your typical matchday going lads. Small controlable standing sections are the future, the Germans have showed that, its just a shame everyone here is still living in 1989.

joejoefaemexico
24-08-2009, 09:23 PM

east stand season ticket holders recieved a covering letter with their season books stateing that sometime through this coming season they may be required to move to the south stand to allow for redevelopment of east terracing.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2009, 10:11 PM

I might not have much say in the matter but it never does me any harm.

I think this is up there with "the new east stand should be a single tier stand because it generates a much better atmosphere than a two tier stand" myth that is regularly spoken about on here.

jgl07
24-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes, the east is minging and has had its day.
It is clear that the punters are voting with their feet.

The gaps in the East Terrace become bigger each year

The safety certificate could be a problem due to poor sightlines and lack of rake. Hence people have to stand to see.

RickyS
24-08-2009, 11:00 PM

have i missed summit?

Cropley10
24-08-2009, 11:06 PM

There's a very easy solution, sell ST's for all or parts of the East on the basis you don't get a numbered seat. First come first served... People who like to sit would have to take pot luck...

poolman
25-08-2009, 01:46 AM

Is there gonna be a big shiny new hotel next door with a grand opening by two world cup stars :greengrin

jgl07
25-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Is there gonna be a big shiny new hotel next door with a grand opening by two world cup stars :greengrin
No just a simple stand to up capacity to 20,000 to 22,000.

Then all Hibs need to do is fill it!

MB62
25-08-2009, 07:37 AM
There's a very easy solution, sell ST's for all or parts of the East on the basis you don't get a numbered seat. First come first served... People who like to sit would have to take pot luck...

In the words of your killer darts - Whit?

The_Todd
25-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I might not have much say in the matter but it never does me any harm.

I think this is up there with "the new east stand should be a single tier stand because it generates a much better atmosphere than a two tier stand" myth that is regularly spoken about on here.

Each to their own.

I just don't like sitting during a football match, and judging by the numbers who stand in the east I'm not alone.

NAE NOOKIE
25-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Don't get me wrong here mate but why on earth is he/are you moaning about it , they could have sat anywhere else and had a better view . I sit/stand in there with my son because i want to. I want a new stand too , i just don't see the logic in complaining about the state of the current stand as everyone knows it's a tip.

The STs were a surprise birthday present.

Whoever met a footie fan who didnt like a moan ?

:greengrin

Ritchie
25-08-2009, 08:26 AM

&

B) Because its better.

:top marks

im going to miss standing in the east...... :boo hoo:

you think every1 will still stand in the new east??? :pray:

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I go and watch fitba at Ado Den Haag at their new seater stadium, they dont sit they all stand and the atmosphere is great.Just because you get an all seater stadium shouldnt mean you have to sit.

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.adodenhaag.nl/adodenhaag/nl/html/algemeen/nieuws/nieuws.pshe?nieuws_id=2414

check the photos, 2000 turned up just for the first team training.nobody sits.

dangermouse
25-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I have taken my son (now 12) to several away games over the years and he really enjoys the atmosphere (not surprising as we sit in the West Lower - graveyard section - of the ground).

However, after the trip to Bolton he asked me if next season we could move to the East Stand as he likes to join in the singing during the game. As a former East Stander I hope we are welcomed with open arms by the present incumbents next season.

By the way, I'm getting a bit worried that I have fathered a hooligan in the making :rolleyes:

Steve-O
25-08-2009, 09:29 AM
At the same time though you've got young (and older) dudes and dudettes who are pumped up and excited and don't want to sit as if they are at the theatre. I was in the north stand for the league cup final and had some posh bint tell us to sit down, even though everyone infront was standing. Sit down at a cup final we are winning, nah, bolt!

I'm still surprised we don't have seperate sections. UK football clubs have the most diveresed away fans in the world, you follow any team in the continent and the away following won't have a womenm, pensioner or kid insight so it ain't a problem, here though we have kids, oldies, pensioners, disabled folk etc aswell as your typical matchday going lads. Small controlable standing sections are the future, the Germans have showed that, its just a shame everyone here is still living in 1989.

Even here in Wellington there are 2 sections totalling about 1500 fans called the 'Yellow Fever Zone' where it's all standing / singing etc. Everyone knows the score if you buy a ticket for this section, and families etc can buy tickets for any other area of the ground and sit down to their hearts content.

edit - Hibs should employ something like the above for about 3 quarters of the new stand, from just before the halfway line stretching up to the South end of the ground, i.e. the bit where people stand at the moment in general.

wazoo1875
25-08-2009, 10:08 AM
The STs were a surprise birthday present.

Whoever met a footie fan who didnt like a moan ?

Thats fair enough mate .
I do love a good moan myself . It was a pretty inconsiderate birthday present tho :grr:

MrSmith
25-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Loved the East Stand. It used to be fantastic until the seats went in and ruined it!

The East Stand is tired and needs replaced; the sooner the better in my view! Just hope that RP will do it and the apparent loosening of purse strings is simply that our finances are in order and we are now reaping the rewards.

JoeT
26-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Full planning approved last week for 6500 seat stand.........

--------
26-08-2009, 12:48 PM

And again, sorry, but ....

.... source? :cool2:

The_Todd
26-08-2009, 12:51 PM

Eh?

Why?

Do you mean existing permission has been extended?

Hermit Crab
26-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Because i prefer to stand, and standing areas at football grounds should never have been done away with.
It was a knee-jerk reaction to what happened at Hillsborough, a disaster that would never have happened but for the appalling decisions taken by the police that day.
Rant Over.

:agree::agree::agree: Bring back the terraces!!!!!!!

Hibercelona
I say we all stand at games from now on.... Rip out the seats and sell them.... then bring more quality in with the dosh. :devil:

Peevemor

And again, sorry, but ....

.... source? :cool2:

Eh?

Why?

Do you mean existing permission has been extended?

Again...

Not the case.

The non-material modification from double to single tier was approved by letter in December of last year.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov....e=&pageCount=7 (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Decision-797057.pdf;jsessionid=29877E14D55EBB7E13BE0070FBD4 F489?extension=.pdf&wmTransparency=0&id=797057&wmLocation=0&location=VOLUME1&contentType=application%2Fpdf&wmName=&pageCount=7)

Hermit Crab
26-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes the East Stand is run down but cant Hibs do anything to get a terracing put back in? Surely a safety certificate would be ok?

MrSmith
26-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd loved to have seen a mirror of the west stand being built! :boo hoo:

Eric
26-08-2009, 12:58 PM
In addition to Planning Permission Hibs require a Building Warrant. A Stage A Building Warrant was granted on 21 Aug 09. :thumbsup:

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Yes the East Stand is run down but cant Hibs do anything to get a terracing put back in? Surely a safety certificate would be ok?

Not until the police and SFA stop living in the 80's, nothing will happen unfortunately. :boo hoo:

JoeT
26-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Must be a change then?

Peevemor
26-08-2009, 01:02 PM
In addition to Planning Permission Hibs require a Building Warrant. A Stage A Building Warrant was granted on 21 Aug 09. :thumbsup:

I think JoeT must have been getting confused with that.

Applying for and getting the Warrant is a real sign of intent. :thumbsup:

The_Todd
Again...

Not the case.

The non-material modification from double to single tier was approved by letter in December of last year.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov....e=&pageCount=7 (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Decision-797057.pdf;jsessionid=29877E14D55EBB7E13BE0070FBD4 F489?extension=.pdf&wmTransparency=0&id=797057&wmLocation=0&location=VOLUME1&contentType=application%2Fpdf&wmName=&pageCount=7)

Thought so.

I'd loved to have seen a mirror of the west stand being built! :boo hoo:

We can't complain. The single teir decision was made after a Fan's Consultation.

Credit to the club for listening.

Hermit Crab
Not until the police and SFA stop living in the 80's, nothing will happen unfortunately. :boo hoo:

The daft thing is the Taylor report didnt have to be implemented up here.

MrSmith
26-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Thought so.

We can't complain. The single teir decision was made after a Fan's Consultation.

Credit to the club for listening.

Not complaining and agree full credit to the club for listening. :top marks

Peevemor
26-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Details here - no drawings though. :grr:

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/publicaccess/tsb/warrants/warrant_detailview.aspx?keyval=KBO2ZQEW05000&searchtype=PROPERTY&module=P2

JoeT
26-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I think JoeT must have been getting confused with that.

Applying for and getting the Warrant is a real sign of intent. :thumbsup:

Yip, fair enough!