PDA

View Full Version : Question What happened to the Press conference ??????

Hibs7
24-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Well ???????????:confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe we're in the latter stages of signing someone else and it's been put off until tomorrow. :hmmm:

Hibee_Lisa
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Seems like its happened pictures are here.

http://www.snspix.com/

.SeventyFive
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Well ???????????:confused:

Perhaps they are delaying it due to the many, MANY announcements to be made on top of Stokes' signing. :wink:

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Seems like its happened pics are here

Scrap that last comment. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I have just had a text from a mate who is at edinburgh airport, he says he's just seen it getting on a plane bound for southampton.:confused:

Hibbyradge
24-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I have just had a text from a mate who is at edinburgh airport, he says he's just seen it getting on a plane bound for southampton.:confused:

Geez peace, ya bam.

My stories are true and, unlike yours, not copied from the Bounce and claimed as exclusive! :na na:

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Geez peace, ya bam.

My stories are true and, unlike yours, not copied from the Bounce and claimed as exclusive! :na na:

:greengrin

jgl07
24-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Geez peace, ya bam.

Well I thought it was funny!

iwasthere1972
24-08-2009, 03:05 PM

:confused: :bye:

hibsdaft
24-08-2009, 03:45 PM

no way edinburgh airport would fit on a plane

Beefster
24-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Seems like its happened pictures are here.

Is that Boozy in the background of the seventh photo talking to Anderson and Arfield?

ancient hibee
24-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Conference seems to have consisted of Stokes brown nosing Hughes-watch out DR.

Spike Mandela
24-08-2009, 03:54 PM
What a ****ing anti climax that was!!!!:bitchy:

Hibee_Lisa
24-08-2009, 03:55 PM

:agree:

Jim44
24-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Is that Boozy in the background of the seventh photo talking to Anderson and Arfield?

:confused: the seventh photo is one of Stokes holding up a Hibs top.

Hibee_Rab
24-08-2009, 04:04 PM

As far as missing the joke goes, that was pretty spectacular

Jim44
24-08-2009, 04:08 PM
As far as missing the joke goes, that was pretty spectacular

..............oh, was there a joke in there? Maybe I should read more posts in a thread now and again. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
24-08-2009, 04:12 PM

Okay, we knew on Friday that he had signed. He plays on Saturday. Did you actually think the press conference was going to be spectacular?

Note to Rod.... next time, get some dry ice, dancing girls and a helicopter.

Another note to Rod... stuff the helicopter, remember the last time??

Spike Mandela
24-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Okay, we knew on Friday that he had signed. He plays on Saturday. Did you actually think the press conference was going to be spectacular?

Note to Rod.... next time, get some dry ice, dancing girls and a helicopter.

Another note to Rod... stuff the helicopter, remember the last time??

Was referring to the many posts implying there were more signings to be introduced hence the delayed Press Conference.

What was the point of 'introducing' Stokes to the media when he'd played on Saturday and given interviews to the media:confused::dunno: Seems a waste of time to me.

CropleyWasGod
24-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Was referring to the many posts implying there were more signings to be introduced hence the delayed Press Conference.

Ah okay, sorry.

Still... a tin of dry ice wouldn't burst the wage cap.

Spike Mandela
24-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Ah okay, sorry.

Still... a tin of dry ice wouldn't burst the wage cap.

Would prefer the dancing girls:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
24-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Would prefer the dancing girls:greengrin

Rod's partner runs a dancing school :hmmm:

Golden Bear
24-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I've just heard an extract of Stokes's introduction to the press. He was singing the praises of Yogi then went on to say it was only a matter of time before he (Yogi), moved on to bigger and better things in England!

We all may think that, but it's not excactly what we want to hear from a new signing - especially when it's done in front of the Press!

Silly boy Anthony!!!

Beefster
24-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Jesus, that make me chortle like a goon!

HibsNibs
24-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I've just heard an extract of Stokes's introduction to the press. He was singing the praises of Yogi then went on to say it was only a matter of time before he (Yogi), moved on to bigger and better things in England!

We all may think that, but it's not excactly what we want to hear from a new signing - especially when it's done in front of the Press!

Silly boy Anthony!!!

:top marks bit of respect for the club rescuing his career wouldn't go amiss -:trumpet:

Billy
24-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Silly boy Anthony!!!

I can't remember that being said - I was there!! He did say that He wasn't surprised that our manager has moved onto a bigger club i.e. Hibernian and that he deserves all the good in everything that comes his way. He does hold our manager in high regard and if he did say something then it would only have been said with regards to a move in years to come and even then he would have been alluding to a top european club.

IIRC, were people not prediciting that John Hughes would be successful at a Championship side in England a while back? Winning the scottish Cup with Hibernian would see his stock rise to Premiership level ;o)

Anthony then said that he has never met anyone who talks as much or cares as much about football as our manager.

smurf
24-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Silly boy Anthony!!!

Oh come on... The year is 2009 not 1979... Do we want some honesty or not?

Stokes i'd imagine was asked such questions that generated such replies.

What do you want him to say? "Yogi is an idiot compared to Wenger but hey he's only the Hibs manager and that's his level..." or perhaps "This club is fantastic. I'm sure i'll be here until i finish my career and so will my gaffer...".

HibsNibs
24-08-2009, 07:02 PM
some things are better left unsaid

Riordans Boots
24-08-2009, 07:17 PM
The interview with Stokes and Yogi was just on SSN. Can't get link yet but found this ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8218052.stm