PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Not moaning at Yogi but i'm a wee puzzled that he hasn't been given a chance. He k.b'd Celtic to sign for us and was regarded as a hot prospect. It seems though, that he hasn't progressed as we'd hoped or hasn't been given the opportunity. He played a few games out of position as a full-back but hasn't been used as centre-half. I'd like to see him and other fringe players start against Brechin.

--------
24-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Not moaning at Yogi but i'm a wee puzzled that he hasn't been given a chance. He k.b'd Celtic to sign for us and was regarded as a hot prospect. It seems though, that he hasn't progressed as we'd hoped or hasn't been given the opportunity. He played a few games out of position as a full-back but hasn't been used as centre-half. I'd like to see him and other fringe players start against Brechin.

Me too.

I'd like to have seen him played out of position at RB on Saturday, actually.

Phrases like "anger-management" and "sort himself out" spring to mind.

Or maybe Yogi's just waiting for Clum to get fit so Darren can sort HIm out, legitimately, on the football field....

ScottB
24-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Presumably he has been relatively absent in recent times due to his off field indiscretions...

I'm sure he will get his chance.

Love the Green
24-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Presumably he has been relatively absent in recent times due to his off field indiscretions...

I'm sure he will get his chance.

Well he cant do any worse than Hogg performance on saturday...he was a shhhhhhhambles.

"keep the faith":wink:

Andy74
24-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't homesty believe at this tstage in his career he is any better than Hogg, Bamba, Thicot or Murray for that position.

With the odd exception young centre halfs aren't what you are going to build your team around.

I've not seen anything yet to tell me that McCormack should be one of those exceptions.

Cocaine&Caviar
24-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Hes probably the fastest of our defender options...

Hibs90
24-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't homesty believe at this tstage in his career he is any better than Hogg, Bamba, Thicot or Murray for that position.

With the odd exception young centre halfs aren't what you are going to build your team around.

I've not seen anything yet to tell me that McCormack should be one of those exceptions.

Maybe because he aint had the chance to show himself in his natural position yet?

I would drop Hogg for the Brechin game and throw Daz in.

Love the Green
24-08-2009, 02:56 PM
:wink:

But is he any worse???

He is young and surely has more chance of improving than any of the others mentioned......he needs games and someone to ensure his confidemce.:wink:

"keep the faith"

Andy74
24-08-2009, 02:59 PM

But is he any worse???

He is young and surely has more chance of improving than any of the others mentioned......he needs games and someone to ensure his confidemce.:wink:

"keep the faith"

Is he any worse?

Just now, yes, otherwise he'd be playing.

Yes, he might improve but we need results now and centre half isn't where you can chuck peopl in and let them work through it, hogg and the likes might get some stick but if McCormack played every week I would doubt very much indeed he'd prove to be any better.

Baw187
24-08-2009, 03:01 PM

But is he any worse???

"keep the faith"

Aye but if we stick him in and he has a poor game, makes mistakes, and costs us goals, then confidence goes. Can't have a CB with no confidence.

It's always a difficult to bleed yound CBs in to a team. Hearts did it with Webster and Berra cause they had Pressley there to keep them right. Neither Hogg nor Bamba are wise old heads to keep anyone straight.

That said, he does need a chance to impress and maybe Wednesday would be an ideal opportunity, followed by a couple of sub appearances at ER if we ever find ourselves a couple of goals up. I'm sure Chelsea eased John Terry in that way as a youngster.