PDA

View Full Version : DVZ versus McGeady

hibhib7
24-08-2009, 11:46 AM
The nightmares have started already . . . :boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
24-08-2009, 11:48 AM
The nightmares have started already . . . :boo hoo:

Scary thought BUT if we have a right midfielder who knows to get back and double up then we might stem the flow from McGeady.

Quite what we do about Maloney on the other side is another question altogether :wink:

hibee_girl
24-08-2009, 11:48 AM
He actually did quite well against McGeady last season

Mikey
24-08-2009, 11:52 AM
What are they going to do about Zemmama? Riordan? Stokes?

Let's leave them to do the worrying.

Mon Dieu4
24-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I dont like DVZ one bit but feel he did ok against out and out wingers like McGeady and Driver last season to be honest

Gatecrasher
24-08-2009, 12:01 PM
He actually did quite well against McGeady last season

I thought the same, so now folk are ripping into him before games :rolleyes:

davym7062
24-08-2009, 12:24 PM

thats the attitude:top marks

skedders
24-08-2009, 12:27 PM
From what I've seen of celtic highlights, it seems that Mowbray has McGeady playing down the right and Maloney down the left.

So how will Hanlon cope against McGeady seeing as he is better than Messi??

CapitalHibs
24-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Scary thought BUT if we have a right midfielder who knows to get back and double up then we might stem the flow from McGeady.

Quite what we do about Maloney on the other side is another question altogether :wink:

Totally agree. That's how we have to set out on Sunday to stop both McGeady and Maloney ripping us down the flanks, I would have Wotherspoon right midfield and Galbraith on the left. McBride holding and hopefully Zoomer behind Benji and Stokes. Hopefully we will also have signed a right back that can motor forward:wink:

Hibs Spain
24-08-2009, 01:33 PM
The nightmares have started already . . . :boo hoo:Scary prospect..Yogi must have a plan .. Mustn't he?

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I know it's not great to bash our own players, but Van Gantin' was not great at the weekend. I can't remember him having a really solid 90 minutes though and irrespective of what I think, I don't believe that he is the kind of full-back that Yogi is looking for. He reminds me a bit of Brain Kerr. Plenty of people talk him up but then they don't deliver. I can recall Kerr have a superb game away at Celtic in a 1-1 game but then nothing else.

CB_NO3
24-08-2009, 02:33 PM
As someone has already said, Van Zanten copes well when defending against out and out wingers. He had good games last season against McGeady and Driver. Its when Van Zanten has the ball is the problem, he does not have a clue what to do with it. Van Zantens positional scence is also quite poor but McGeady is not the type of defender who likes to run in behind the full back, he likes to get the ball to feet and try and take the full back on which will suit Van Zanten IMO.

hibsbollah
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM
From what ive seen of them so far its Maloney we need to worry about. On a decent run of form.

bobbyhibs1983
24-08-2009, 02:51 PM

i agree mate and i also agree with davym7062.

i think thats the best way to go about things really, as somone once said(dunno who it was mind you) "the best form of defence is offence"

JimBHibees
24-08-2009, 03:00 PM
From what I've seen of celtic highlights, it seems that Mowbray has McGeady playing down the right and Maloney down the left.

So how will Hanlon cope against McGeady seeing as he is better than Messi??

Yep Maloney appears to be on the left with McGeady on the right. We will need to defend well that is for sure.

Golden Bear
24-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Looks like DVZ has become a cult figure for abuse and ridicule.

I don't think he's half as bad as he's made out to be.

dublinhfc
24-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Nothing that a 2 footed challenge to his knees in the first 5 mins wouldnt sort out!!!:cool2:

iwasthere1972
24-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Nothing that a 2 footed challenge to his knees in the first 5 mins wouldnt sort out!!!:cool2:

:bye:

jakedance
24-08-2009, 03:47 PM
So DVZ is the new hate figure then? Shame really. He seems a good honest pro, not great going forward but defends his position reasonably well. Not half as bad as some folk make out. The problem last season was that we didn't have competion for that position. When McCann comes back fully from injury he'll make it his own and DVZ will be a useful squad player.

He'll have McGeady in his pocket, nae bother (ok, maybe a bit too far there). I'd personally hope to see Wotherspoon start and give McGeady a reason for not getting too far forward.

ancient hibee
24-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Totally agree. That's how we have to set out on Sunday to stop both McGeady and Maloney ripping us down the flanks, I would have Wotherspoon right midfield and Galbraith on the left. McBride holding and hopefully Zoomer behind Benji and Stokes. Hopefully we will also have signed a right back that can motor forward:wink:
So we leave out our top scorer and play two guys upfront who are not match fit-glad you're not the manager.

Petrie's Tache
24-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I would stick Wotherspoon in at RB.

CapitalHibs
24-08-2009, 04:10 PM
So we leave out our top scorer and play two guys upfront who are not match fit-glad you're not the manager.

Has Riordan ever had a good game against rantic?

JimBHibees
24-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I would stick Wotherspoon in at RB.
I think he would be murdered by Maloney or McGeady. Cant see Yogi hanging him out to dry like that given his age.

Golden Bear
24-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I think he would be murdered by Maloney or McGeady. Cant see Yogi hanging him out to dry like that given his age.

:agree:

Shades of Hanlon v Ronaldo

ancient hibee
24-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Has Riordan ever had a good game against rantic?

Who was it scored against Rangers at the end of the season again?

JimBHibees
24-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Or a brilliant free kick v Celtic at ER.

Kevvy1875
24-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I seem to remember the Deekmiester slamming one of his trade mark free kick into the postage stamp Vs the Holy Donkey a few seasons back too:thumbsup:

**** these smelly, dug on a string, nae sauce on their chips, skip dwelling clowns!......the ONLY way we can get anything from this game is by making sure the players that can hurt us are pegged back for most of the match chasing our wide men. Crowd needs to be positive aswell....we get onside early and it could make a big difference. What we need is a goal or a meaty stud raking challenge early doors to get the atmosphere pumped up and i would fancy us strongly.:greengrin

hibsbollah
24-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Is there not a chance that McCann might be fit instead of DVZ?

machibby
24-08-2009, 08:04 PM
McGeady will be away down south before next wekend :bye:

CapitalHibs
24-08-2009, 08:14 PM

OK I bow to your superior knowledge. Giving Benji and Stokes a start up front is a sure recipe fer disaster:rolleyes: