PDA

View Full Version : press conference

RoslinInstHibby
24-08-2009, 10:03 AM
is there a press conference today and if so what time?

a few rumours kicking about that it will be for more than showing off Stokes to the press.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-08-2009, 10:15 AM
is there a press conference today and if so what time?

a few rumours kicking about that it will be for more than showing off Stokes to the press.

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3632_0_1_0_C

No rumour it is here in black and white.

Hibernian FC today confirmed that Anthony Stokes is to join the Club. Personal terms were agreed with the player after an undisclosed transfer fee had been agreed with Sunderland AFC for the permanent transfer of the forward. Stokes, 21, has signed a three year contract with Hibernian and now awaits the formality of international clearance before becoming eligible to play for Hibernian.

Having started his senior career with Arsenal, the striker has recently had loan spells at Sheffield United and Crystal Palace. However his most successful period was spent at Falkirk, on loan from Arsenal, during season 2006/07. During that time under the management of John Hughes, he scored 14 goals in 16 SPL starts. Anthony has also been capped 3 times at full international level for the Republic of Ireland.

Speaking today Anthony said: “I’m absolutely delighted to be joining Hibernian and particularly pleased to be working with John Hughes again. I know how the manager works and I’m looking forward to producing my best for him and for the team.”

Hibernian Manager John Hughes was equally pleased: “Anthony has got bags of talent and I can’t wait to start working with him again. He has scored goals in the SPL before and I’m certain that he will score goals again. I see him as a great addition as we continue to develop the squad.”

Anthony will be formally introduced at a press conference on Monday 24 August 2009 at Easter Road Stadium.

dublinhfc
24-08-2009, 10:17 AM
No rumours on boozy.....he is injured and is training with Hibs today just before the rumour mill goes into overdrive about him. Heard he was doing a medical on Saturday which turned out to be a load of pash.

IWasThere2016
24-08-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3632_0_1_0_C

No rumour it is here in black and white.

I don't think there will be any other new faces announced.

We are working on getting more in.

I expect another 2 or 3 in and 1 or 2 out .. but not today

Love the Green
24-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't think there will be any other new faces announced.

We are working on getting more in.

I expect another 2 or 3 in and 1 or 2 out .. but not today
Heard a few rumours today can anyone add any skin to the skeleton??

DVZ and £200K for Barr
Russell Anderson and Boozy in.

Bad news is Bamba out probably Cardiff...
THOUGHTS!!!!!!

Also would like to see Nish and JJ out and use their wages to bring in a quality front man who can supply Stokes.......who looked good on Saturday..any ides who would fit the bill

"keep the faith":wink:

Purehibee_MYB
24-08-2009, 10:36 AM
If those things were to happen I would be a very Happy Hibby. Although Bamba needs to stay with us at least one more season to develop.

Getting Boozy back would be brilliant, him and the little man in the middle would be a great supply to the strong strikeforce we now have. Just investing in our fullbacks and possibly a centre-back as cover, just my opinion, but i could be wrong.

IWasThere2016
24-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Heard a few rumours today can anyone add any skin to the skeleton??

DVZ and £200K for Barr
Russell Anderson and Boozy in.

Bad news is Bamba out probably Cardiff...
THOUGHTS!!!!!!

Also would like to see Nish and JJ out and use their wages to bring in a quality front man who can supply Stokes.......who looked good on Saturday..any ides who would fit the bill

I think we've all heard similar. Bottom line is we need a RB, CH and more creativity in the midfeild .. who supplies it I couldnae give one! But these roles need filling and these are the roles Yogi is working on.

PeterboroHibee
24-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Could be that boy from Arsenal as well, Luke Ayling.

IWasThere2016
24-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Could be that boy from Arsenal as well, Luke Ayling.

Could be. I was certainly told - and posted - last week that it was done but there's been no fishul news

Bob Box Fish
24-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Unless Bamba kicks off Katie Thomson style I think we should put the foot down aka broon and fletch and tell him he can go when we feel is the right time.

Love the Green
24-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Following on from my earlier post I have just heard.....
Barr deal off until January......Boozy signing 1 yr deal with the great unwashed and Banba staying...also we have made a bid for arfield...anyone else got more confirmed updatyes..

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

Jack
24-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Unless Bamba kicks off Katie Thomson style I think we should put the foot down aka broon and fletch and tell him he can go when we feel is the right time.

For reasons I wont go into I’m a member of a Pars forum.

LTPF :cool2:

There are regular threads on there about him, mainly because they're expecting a large wad when he goes. A fairly consistent theme of the chat is about him quoting his agent in saying he’s wanted here, he’s wanted there.

Perhaps he is but with 2 years left on his contract at Hibs and the likelihood of him being in the World Cup finals next summer it would be insane for Hibs to sell him now, unless the bid was equally insane.

heidtheba
24-08-2009, 11:52 AM
My moneys on Arfield plus one other from Falkirk...

Jonnyboy
24-08-2009, 11:58 AM
My moneys on Arfield plus one other from Falkirk...

Buy one, get one free?

:greengrin

heidtheba
24-08-2009, 12:04 PM
lol BOGOF
Suppose its better than the HP cross the road tho...

Ceske Bairn
24-08-2009, 12:04 PM
By all accounts (from someone in the boardroom on sat) Petrie enquired after Arfield and was told FFC had turned down 500k on the Friday night from a championship team.

Petrie was then told to double it and hes yours.

I could be wrong but even if Hibs offered it, i would think the championship clubs may still be quite keen.

Id bite any teams hand off for 650k IMHO. We could sign 3/4 players with that and could help towards SPL safety, our goal at the end of the day.

oneone73
24-08-2009, 12:24 PM
By all accounts (from someone in the boardroom on sat) Petrie enquired after Arfield and was told FFC had turned down 500k on the Friday night from a championship team.

I could be wrong but even if Hibs offered it, i would think the championship clubs may still be quite keen.

Id bite any teams hand off for 650k IMHO. We could sign 3/4 players with that and could help towards SPL safety, our goal at the end of the day.

Not Europe?:coffee: Eddie Mayhem not gonna fill Yogi's boots then?

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 12:32 PM

Arfield looks a genuine talent. You could hold out for close to £1 mill plus percentage of sell-on fee for him.

Bob Box Fish
24-08-2009, 12:47 PM
De la Cruz was put into the shop window for us through the world cup so that is definately a good idea.

For reasons I wont go into I’m a member of a Pars forum.

LTPF :cool2:

There are regular threads on there about him, mainly because they're expecting a large wad when he goes. A fairly consistent theme of the chat is about him quoting his agent in saying he’s wanted here, he’s wanted there.

Perhaps he is but with 2 years left on his contract at Hibs and the likelihood of him being in the World Cup finals next summer it would be insane for Hibs to sell him now, unless the bid was equally insane.

MrRobot
24-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I got a text today saying that Boozy was having a medical, and we had bids accepted for Russell Anderson and Scott Arfield. Also a boy from Arsenal is coming in on loan.

Probably a load of sh*te, but you never know.

Love the Green
24-08-2009, 12:57 PM
:wink:
I got a text today saying that Boozy was having a medical, and we had bids accepted for Russell Anderson and Scott Arfield. Also a boy from Arsenal is coming in on loan.

Probably a load of sh*te, but you never know.
Falkirk website says we have bid 750k for arfield this morning

--------
24-08-2009, 01:01 PM
De la Cruz was put into the shop window for us through the world cup so that is definately a good idea.

Aye, and we got funny money for him. :devil:

Going on Saturday's game, I'd say we need a right-back, another midfield player, and a centre-back. (I have this awful conviction that Sol the Bam's going to ride his luck once too often soon and get his marching orders....)

Barr, Arfield, and Ayling would suit me - just. But I don't see Falkirk alloowing themselves to be asset-stripped like that (I'd hope not, anyway, for their fans' sakes).

Not too bothered about Boozy - the only way I can see him signing for us is if Mowbray decides finally that he isn't wanted at Parkhead. And he gets injured rather easily, IIRC.

I'm trying to bear in mind that we were without Zouma, Ian M, and Kevin McCann on Saturday. And that Yogi played Stokes, who had a 'promising' debut but who's clearly not fully match-sharp as yet.

Westie1875
24-08-2009, 01:02 PM

The official Falkirk FC website? :confused:

TornadoHibby
24-08-2009, 01:03 PM

No it doesn't! :confused:

Hibs90
24-08-2009, 01:05 PM

Cue thousands of Hibbys trawling through the net to find this.:wink:

MacBean
24-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Cue thousands of Hibbys trawling through the net to find this.:wink:

Read my Mind!

MacBean
24-08-2009, 01:10 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=459531

Love the Green
24-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry fello hibby's meant the supporters messageboard......keeps you on your toes...

--------
24-08-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=459531

Not too taken with that website, tbh.

But a money plus players deal? Hmm. :hmmm:

euro Hibby
24-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Might be a good purchase. Looked good on the ball Saturday. Falkirk standout was little Flynn from Liverpool and I liked the look of sub Maceta.

Certaily an investment to sell on some time later.

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2009, 01:35 PM
We bid 750k for Arfield..

:faf:

Behave :agree:

MacBean
24-08-2009, 01:37 PM
you mean this website??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A56198596

MyJo
24-08-2009, 01:43 PM
We bid 750k for Arfield..

:faf:

Behave :agree:

750k + Van Gantin and Stevenson for Barr and Arfield :hmmm:

RIP
24-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Is this how it goes?

Rod - I'll offer £750,000 plus a striker
Falkirk Chairman - Fee is acceptable, let me check with Eddie May

FC - Hey Eddie, you will get £250,000 to reinvest plus a (named) striker - whatdya say?
EM - OK with me if it's OK with Scott

EM - Right Scott. The chairman and me have accepted a bid. Would you be happy with the move?
SA - Oh Aye - Which Championship team is it?
EM - Actually - it's Hibs
SA - Better see what they are offering me then?

SA / Agent - well Rod - what are you offering in wages
RP - a Basic of £2500 per week plus a win bonus
SA / Agent :faf:

SA / Agent to RP/JH - We have been offered a minimum of £6000 per week up to £10,000 to play in the Championship.
RP - but you get to work with Yogi
SA - That's good enough for me - £2500 per week it is. Pass me that contract!!

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2009, 02:32 PM
SA - Oh yeh, forgot about that. OK, £1500 per week it is. Where do I sign!!

Do you really think we're only paying Stokes £1500 per week?

Baw187
24-08-2009, 02:35 PM

I was told that we had originally offered to pay £6k of his weekly wage to get him on loan. Seemed a but high but good news if true that our wage cap has been increased.

Hibs90
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Pictures here: http://www.snspix.com/pictures_1718097/1718097.html?PHPSESSID=7689c75a092700afb454377694c 1c4a7

RIP
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM

£1500 per week - wot you on about? :wink:

Peevemor
24-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Pictures here: http://www.snspix.com/pictures_1718097/1718097.html?PHPSESSID=7689c75a092700afb454377694c 1c4a7

I hope he buys himself some new jeans with his signing on fee. :greengrin