PDA

View Full Version : NHC Davenport to have leg amputated !

borders.cabbage
23-08-2009, 11:36 PM
http://goal.com/en-us/news/85/englan...after-stabbing

Shocking !!

CB_NO3
23-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know the reason the attackers attacked him, they were obviously out to get him and make sure he never plays again, but something must have provocked them, whatever Davenport done am sure it did not merit getting stabbed in both legs, or was he just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Cool_Hand_Luke
24-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Does anyone know the reason the attackers attacked him, they were obviously out to get him and make sure he never plays again, but something must have provocked them, whatever Davenport done am sure it did not merit getting stabbed in both legs, or was he just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rumours on other messageboards are alledging it was his sisters boyfriend and was the result of an argument about her getting in with the wrong crowd....

johnbc70
24-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Shocking - hope its not true.

The thing about his sisters boyfriend was in the News of the World earlier.

Cool_Hand_Luke
24-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Shocking - hope its not true.

The thing about his sisters boyfriend was in the News of the World earlier.

Ah, not read that yet, just went onto one of the west ham messageboards

hibsboy90
24-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Rumours on other messageboards are alledging it was his sisters boyfriend and was the result of an argument about her getting in with the wrong crowd....

Kinda proves what he was alleging then. If the stories are true. Whatever the case, absolutely tragic that someone can do this to another.

joejoefaemexico
24-08-2009, 01:11 AM

wrong place at the wrong time? lik in his bed in the middle of the night?:confused:

Si_17
24-08-2009, 02:57 AM
I thought the attack happened in the middle of a street? It truly is a shocking crime, but I see nothing about amputation on that link, someone jumped the gun?

Aldo
24-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Attacked his mum as well from what I have been reading.

Beefster
24-08-2009, 07:03 AM
I thought the attack happened in the middle of a street? It truly is a shocking crime, but I see nothing about amputation on that link, someone jumped the gun?

Try this link.

http://goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2009/08/23/1457054/west-hams-davenport-may-have-leg-amputated-after-stabbing

Barney McGrew
24-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Looks like he's on the mend

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/west_ham/article6807305.ece

Steve-O
24-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Sister's boyfriend is the one :agree:

NOLA
24-08-2009, 01:48 PM
his sister will be getting slaughtered by the rest of the family for bringing all this on them,

scott7_0(Prague)
24-08-2009, 01:54 PM
his sister will be getting slaughtered by the rest of the family for bringing all this on them,

I am not sure she will, I am sure they will support her as well as the injured parties.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2009, 02:20 PM
So it seems the title of this thread may be slightly misleading?

iwasthere1972
24-08-2009, 02:24 PM
So it seems the title of this thread may be slightly misleading?

Don't want to tell people their jobs but would like to see the thread title changed to show it's only a rumour at the moment. Nothing anywhere to back it up. :agree:

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't want to tell people their jobs but would like to see the thread title changed to show it's only a rumour at the moment. Nothing anywhere to back it up. :agree:

:agree:

Quick quick...

CB_NO3
24-08-2009, 02:28 PM
The way Zola was speaking yesterday it sounded as if it was not as bad as first thought and the club doctor seemed to be quite positive on the whole situation.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I agree the title is a little misleading but then if you read the original article I can understand where the OP was coming from, it now seems the next 48hours are crucial for the lad, the main artery needs to help enough to get teh blood to the rest of the leg which in turn would probably save his leg and football career.

Cocaine&Caviar
24-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Horrible Story, with Davenport's and Ashton's possible retirements, West Ham may be in a bit more bother...

Stevie Reid
29-06-2010, 08:43 AM
It seems our initial sympathies may have been misdirected given evidence given at the trial. I wouldn't have wanted him to lose his leg certainly, but he sounds like an unsavoury character to say the least: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds_bucks_and_herts/10439100.stm

Former West Ham star Calum Davenport 'butted' sister

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/46701000/jpg/_46701112_callumdavenportatcourt1.jpg Calum Davenport: Denies attacking his sister

A Premiership footballer attacked his pregnant sister after turning up drunk at her Bedfordshire home in the middle of the night, a court has heard.
Former West Ham defender Calum Davenport, 27, of Moors View, Greenfield, called her a "whore" before headbutting her, Luton Crown Court was told.
Her boyfriend then tracked down Mr Davenport and stabbed him.
Mr Davenport denies causing actual bodily harm to his sister Cara, 29.
Prosecutor Beverley Cripps said Mr Davenport's sister Cara was asleep in the house along with her four-year-old son Calum Junior when Mr Davenport and his father woke her up at 0200 BST on 22 August last year.
Alarm raised
"He went there when he was drunk and his father was also drunk.
"They started putting questions to her. Unfortunately the questions were made in terms that were very abusive.
"Cara's son Calum Junior is mixed race and his father is unfortunately in jail.
"The father of the child she was carrying is also a mixed race gentleman."
The prosecutor said Mr Davenport called his sister a "whore" and made abusive comments.
In the porch, Mr Davenport is said to have pushed his sister in the face so she fell back onto the stairs. He started to headbutt her and in the struggle bit her cheek.
Stabbed leg
She managed to escape from her brother and contacted her boyfriend Worrell Whitehurst.
He tracked the player to Mr Davenport's mother's house and stabbed him repeatedly in the leg, nearly ending his career.
Whitehurst has pleaded guilty to a charge of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent on Calum Davenport and causing actual bodily harm to his mother Kim Stupple, who had tried to get in between them.
The trial continues.

Hibs On Tour
29-06-2010, 08:52 AM
It seems our initial sympathies may have been misdirected given evidence given at the trial. I wouldn't have wanted him to lose his leg certainly, but he sounds like an unsavoury character to say the least.

Wouldn't go too far in that assessment Stevie, only one side of the story has been told in court thus far...

bingo70
29-06-2010, 08:53 AM
It seems our initial sympathies may have been misdirected given evidence given at the trial. I wouldn't have wanted him to lose his leg certainly, but he sounds like an unsavoury character to say the least: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds_bucks_and_herts/10439100.stm

Former West Ham star Calum Davenport 'butted' sister

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/46701000/jpg/_46701112_callumdavenportatcourt1.jpg Calum Davenport: Denies attacking his sister

A Premiership footballer attacked his pregnant sister after turning up drunk at her Bedfordshire home in the middle of the night, a court has heard.
Former West Ham defender Calum Davenport, 27, of Moors View, Greenfield, called her a "whore" before headbutting her, Luton Crown Court was told.
Her boyfriend then tracked down Mr Davenport and stabbed him.
Mr Davenport denies causing actual bodily harm to his sister Cara, 29.
Prosecutor Beverley Cripps said Mr Davenport's sister Cara was asleep in the house along with her four-year-old son Calum Junior when Mr Davenport and his father woke her up at 0200 BST on 22 August last year.
Alarm raised
"He went there when he was drunk and his father was also drunk.
"They started putting questions to her. Unfortunately the questions were made in terms that were very abusive.
"Cara's son Calum Junior is mixed race and his father is unfortunately in jail.
"The father of the child she was carrying is also a mixed race gentleman."
The prosecutor said Mr Davenport called his sister a "whore" and made abusive comments.
In the porch, Mr Davenport is said to have pushed his sister in the face so she fell back onto the stairs. He started to headbutt her and in the struggle bit her cheek.
Stabbed leg
She managed to escape from her brother and contacted her boyfriend Worrell Whitehurst.
He tracked the player to Mr Davenport's mother's house and stabbed him repeatedly in the leg, nearly ending his career.
Whitehurst has pleaded guilty to a charge of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent on Calum Davenport and causing actual bodily harm to his mother Kim Stupple, who had tried to get in between them.
The trial continues.

There's three sides to every story so while if this story is true then i'd have no sympathy for him but before he gets slaughtered it's probably worth remembering he denies the accusations and i don't see why his word should coount for less just because he's a footballer.

If his sister is going out with folk that go about stabbing people and people that are 'unfortunately' in jail i'd be questioning her carachter as well and wouldn't be taking her word as gospel.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Wouldn't go too far in that assessment Stevie, only one side of the story has been told in court thus far...

That's why I said our sympathies may have been misdirected - I appreciated that there's a whole other side to this trial.

lyonhibs
29-06-2010, 09:01 AM
If - and I stress ONLY if - these accusations are true in their entirety, then Davenport was due to some sort of retribution, though obviously I'd have preferred the affected parties to have gone via the courst first, as opposed to stabbing the guy.

Davenport treated a family member absolutely horrendously if true.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Odd how some people get their knickers-in-a-twist when they see a footballer out on the lash, or snapped scoffing junk-food. Always the cry of not being a good example, or don't they realise that kids look up to them. This kinda puts those events into perspective though.

BigKev
29-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Seems a bizarre case at best. "He pushed his sister onto the stairs then started to headbutt her".

What? Did he sit down to do this aand then bite her cheek...

I'd wait for the other side of the story to come out I think. His sister is well known to be a bit of a lass and trouble maker.

El Gubbz
29-06-2010, 10:04 AM
After being released by west ham he is now a free agent, worth a punt? :wink:

Phil MaGlass
29-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Aye we could take a stab at him, ahll get ma coat.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Aye we could take a stab at him, ahll get ma coat.

Nah, I've heard his legs have gone.

Aldo
29-06-2010, 10:45 AM
May be a decent signing HOWEVER he is in court this week after he beat up his sister and her boyfriend. Apparantly stuck the nut in her...hence the reason he was attacked.

May get a new team after all.............Prison team.

Hibs On Tour
29-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Seems a bizarre case at best. "He pushed his sister onto the stairs then started to headbutt her".

What? Did he sit down to do this aand then bite her cheek...

I'd wait for the other side of the story to come out I think. His sister is well known to be a bit of a lass and trouble maker.

It boils down to his sister hanging out with the wrong crowd [Yardies, armed robbers such as the father of her 1st child, etc] and her family being [understandably] less than happy about that.

What I heard at the time was that her Dad and CD had a go at her for either not appearing at a family do for her Mum or perhaps at the family do [not sure which]. She ended up getting told to firk right off and ended up returning around 5am with the new boyfriend and his pal [who had driven an hour down from Derby in the middle of the night tooled up]. When CD answered the door, these two have ladled into him with the pal holding him down while the new boyfriend deliberately targetted his legs, also stabbing him in the groin and neck. Mum tried to stop it and got stabbed in the stomach. Eventually only stopped by a neighbouring student stepping in because he was sure CD was gonna die.

Student Alex Wallace, 17, told how he feared the worst as he stumbled upon the sickening scene on Saturday morning.

“I thought he was dead,” said Alex, who had been walking home from a friend’s house at 5am.

He described how the West Ham defender, 26, lay unconscious in the road as a “tall, mixed race man” stood over him, screaming.
Alex tried to stop the “madman” and believes Calum would have died if he had not intervened.

He said: “I was walking home when I heard really loud shouting.

“A woman was howling, crying uncontrollably, and a man was screaming at the top of his voice. He was standing over another man, who was just lying there motionless.

“There was blood everywhere but the man still kept punching him in the head. I thought the man was dead. He wasn’t moving at all.

“His attacker was screaming, ‘This is what you get when you f*** around. You don’t f*** with us.’ He kept shouting it over and over and was so angry he was spitting as he said it.” Alex said he yelled for the man to stop, but added: “He just carried on hitting him. He wasn’t going to stop. He wanted to kill him.

“I’ve never seen so much blood. I didn’t see a knife and only found out later that the victim was Calum, who is quite well known around here. A mate I was with phoned an ambulance and as we heard the sirens coming, the man ran off.

“Calum’s face was smashed in. He also had blood pouring from one side of his head.” The England under-21 star lost several pints of blood after being stabbed seven times – in the legs, groin and neck.

One blow severed an artery and he needed life-saving surgery.
Yip, CD who lots of people had down as a decent sort before this [WHU fan forum notes a time when in a pre-season warm up he hit a shot which hit a young girl in the face - he immediately jumped the hoardings to check she was OK and did so again at half-time] and then Cara who married an armed robber and has now dumped him [now that he's doing a long stretch] for someone who will appear tooled up in the middle of the night having driven an hour to do so and stab your brother and your mum. Then she mouths 'I love you' at the guy all through his trial.

Hibs On Tour
29-06-2010, 11:20 AM
May be a decent signing HOWEVER he is in court this week after he beat up his sister and her boyfriend. Apparantly stuck the nut in her...hence the reason he was attacked.

May get a new team after all.............Prison team.

Only charged with alledged attack on sister, no? Boyfriend wasn't there - he was in Derby and drove for an hour to come down later and stab him...

heretoday
29-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Another heart-warming story of football folk!

hibee4life1983
29-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Sair yin. Il wait til the other side of the storys out before i make judgement

McKenzie
29-06-2010, 03:18 PM
seemingly took a chunk out his sisters cheek :confused: still no need to stab him :bitchy:

MyJo
29-06-2010, 03:48 PM
His sister sounds like a real upstanding member of the community who certainly wouldn't make stuff up to justify her "boyfriends" attempted murder :bitchy:

Sergey
29-06-2010, 08:14 PM
An extract from today's proceedings:

"She [sister] said that when Mr Davenport and his father arrived at her house demanding a beer, a row erupted over how she was going to pay for her second child.

The court heard the former England under-21 footballer regularly paid for her four-year-old son Calum Junior's clothes, holidays and also helped her with rent.

Miss Davenport said she went to push her father away from the house, but her brother intervened, bundling her back into the house against the stairs.
After repeatedly head-butting her, he grabbed her by the hair and battered her head against a wall as her son shouted "get off my mummy, get off my mummy", the court heard.

ArabHibee
29-06-2010, 09:10 PM
An extract from today's proceedings:

"She [sister] said that when Mr Davenport and his father arrived at her house demanding a beer, a row erupted over how she was going to pay for her second child.

The court heard the former England under-21 footballer regularly paid for her four-year-old son Calum Junior's clothes, holidays and also helped her with rent.

Miss Davenport said she went to push her father away from the house, but her brother intervened, bundling her back into the house against the stairs.
After repeatedly head-butting her, he grabbed her by the hair and battered her head against a wall as her son shouted "get off my mummy, get off my mummy", the court heard.

You've no half "extracted" bits out of that report. What about the bit above it?

Mr Davenport said he was acting in self-defence and had stepped in after his sister, who was seven weeks pregnant, started punching his father Curtis.
He told police he had drunk eight pints of lager over six hours following a golf competition before going with his father to his sister's home.
They drank tea before an argument began over how she was going to pay for her second child.
The court heard Mr Davenport told officers: "My dad put the question to her, 'Are you sure this is what you want because this is it?'
"As he said that to her she went for my dad and started hitting him around the face. That's why I got in between and grabbed her wrists.
"We fell over and smashed heads. She was going mental at this point and I put my head to her head and we collided heads on two or three occasions.
"I did see my sister had bruises to her face which I apologise for."

Pc Vito Napoli told the court Miss Davenport had claimed in a statement following the incident that her brother had racially abused her, something she later denied in court.
She said that when Mr Davenport and his father arrived at her house demanding a beer, a row erupted over how she was going to pay for her second child.

Hibs Class
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Found not guilty

H18sry
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Found not guilty

Sign him then :wink: