PDA

View Full Version : ***Falkirk 1 Hibs 3 - BBC Highlights***

whereswallace?
23-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know if the highlights are available to watch anywhere yet? If not,when will they be?

I want to see the goals again,especially since i missed Bambas :grr:

YehButNoBut
23-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Here you go

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8217098.stm

Green Machine
23-08-2009, 05:13 PM
will someone put the highlights on:confused::confused::confused:

YehButNoBut
23-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Here you go

Already have :wink:

Green Machine
23-08-2009, 05:19 PM
cheers bud :cool2::agree::thumbsup::wink:

J-C
23-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Sky1 7pm tonight, SPL highlights.

heidtheba
23-08-2009, 05:24 PM
People werenae jokin about the strips clashing...
Sweet goals tho esp the last one:thumbsup:

whereswallace?
23-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Here you go

Cheers :thumbsup:

Deeks free kick was an absolute peach.

I thought at the game Maka looked suspect from their goal and it looks like i was right seeing it a second time.

BEEJ
23-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I want to see the goals again,especially since i missed Bambas :grr:
Bamba booked for his goal celebration? :confused:

Presumably because he 'left the field of play' as he ran across to hug Yogi? Must have been all of two or three feet over the line - not noising up the opposition fans - but gets a yellow card!

:no way:

whereswallace?
23-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Bamba booked for his goal celebration? :confused:

Presumably because he 'left the field of play' as he ran across to hug Yogi? Must have been all of two or three feet over the line - not noising up the opposition fans - but gets a yellow card!

:no way:

I was trying to work out why he was booked,as you say he made no attempt at trying to wind anyone up,he just wanted to celebrate with his manager.I liked that,it showed there must be a good realtionship between players and the new manager.

PeeJay
23-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I was trying to work out why he was booked,as you say he made no attempt at trying to wind anyone up,he just wanted to celebrate with his manager.I liked that,it showed there must be a good realtionship between players and the new manager.

Did Benji get booked last week for doing the same thing at ER after his winning goal - don't think so??

TornadoHibby
23-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I thought at the game Maka looked suspect from their goal and it looks like i was right seeing it a second time.

And how exactly did you reach that conclusion I wonder? :confused: :dunno:

marinello59
23-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Deek's free kick was way further out than I thought it was. I may just watch it again and again and again. And again.:thumbsup:

whereswallace?
23-08-2009, 06:01 PM
And how exactly did you reach that conclusion I wonder? :confused: :dunno:

Because he could see the ball coming and it was well within his reach. Thats how i came to that conclusion.

marinello59
23-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Because he could see the ball coming and it was well within his reach. Thats how i came to that conclusion.

I will respectfully disagree with you. :greengrin A cracking finish by Flynn, Maka had very little chance of saving that one.

Hibby D
23-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Sky1 7pm tonight, SPL highlights.

Now not on until 7.30pm due to the bloody Ashes :yawn:

--------
23-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Cheers :thumbsup: Deeks free kick was an absolute peach. I thought at the game Maka looked suspect from their goal and it looks like i was right seeing it a second time.

I don't see how you can possibly tell from that angle.

If every goalkeeper always got all his angles absolutely right no one would ever score, and it'd be a seriously boring game.

If you want to apportion blame for that goal, try thinking about the fact that Flynn was given far too much room out on our right during the build-up.

Quote from the Beeb: "As the half hour mark approached, Falkirk were first on the scoresheet when Flynn picked up the ball from a casual free-kick out on the left and eased past Van Zanten to fire in a low shot past Ma-Kalamby." The free-kick itself should never have happened - perhaps wouldn't if DVZ had been minding what he was doing.

And as Marinello says - it was a cracking finish by Flynn. Maybe give HIM the credit for an excellent goal rather than immediately jump in to blame the goalie?

I was trying to work out why he was booked,as you say he made no attempt at trying to wind anyone up, he just wanted to celebrate with his manager. I liked that,it showed there must be a good relationship between players and the new manager.

The letter of the law is as follows:

" A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of

the following seven offences:

• unsporting behaviour

• dissent by word or action
• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
• delaying the restart of play
• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
• entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission
• deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission"
The last one would be applicable here - Sol undeniably left the field of play without Steve Conroy's permission. He might alos have been considered to be delaying the restart of play - point 4.

The Guidelines regarding the referee's application of the law state:

"While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal
has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive. Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive timewasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player MUST be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory

• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt.
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item
Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence

in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon
as possible. Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal."

It may be that Conroy was unhappy that Yogi and Sol were celebrating right in front of the main stand and where the Falkirk support were sitting.

TornadoHibby
23-08-2009, 06:30 PM

And here's me thinking that if Hibs lost a goal then it MUST be Maka's fault! :grr:

Some on here seem to think that way anyhow! :agree:

For the record, I thought the lad Flynn hit a sweet shot that most keepers would have struggled to stop! :agree:

Your thoughts on McGregor's "gaffe" in the lunchtime kick off match today I wonder (clue given in question)? :wink:

whereswallace?
23-08-2009, 06:45 PM
And here's me thinking that if Hibs lost a goal then it MUST be Maka's fault! :grr:

Some on here seem to think that way anyhow! :agree:

For the record, I thought the lad Flynn hit a sweet shot that most keepers would have struggled to stop! :agree:

Your thoughts on McGregor's "gaffe" in the lunchtime kick off match today I wonder (clue given in question)? :wink:

Its my opinion that Maka could have saved the shot,absolutly agree that he wasnt given the best help by the defenders but i think that the shot was stoppable.I was sitting right behind it and it looked as though the ball went under him.

Im not one of the usuall Maka bashers on here,i catually think hes got everything required to be a good keeper,I just felt he could have saved that shot yesterday.

Alan Mcgregor today? Well its obvious that Maka is to blame for that aswell :greengrin

whereswallace?
23-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't see how you can possibly tell from that angle.

If every goalkeeper always got all his angles absolutely right no one would ever score, and it'd be a seriously boring game.

If you want to apportion blame for that goal, try thinking about the fact that Flynn was given far too much room out on our right during the build-up.

Quote from the Beeb: "As the half hour mark approached, Falkirk were first on the scoresheet when Flynn picked up the ball from a casual free-kick out on the left and eased past Van Zanten to fire in a low shot past Ma-Kalamby." The free-kick itself should never have happened - perhaps wouldn't if DVZ had been minding what he was doing.

And as Marinello says - it was a cracking finish by Flynn. Maybe give HIM the credit for an excellent goal rather than immediately jump in to blame the goalie?

The letter of the law is as follows:

" A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of

the following seven offences:

• unsporting behaviour

• dissent by word or action
• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
• delaying the restart of play
• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
• entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission
• deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission"
The last one would be applicable here - Sol undeniably left the field of play without Steve Conroy's permission. He might alos have been considered to be delaying the restart of play - point 4.

The Guidelines regarding the referee's application of the law state:

"While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal
has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive. Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive timewasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player MUST be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory

• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt.
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item
Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence

in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon
as possible. Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal."

It may be that Conroy was unhappy that Yogi and Sol were celebrating right in front of the main stand and where the Falkirk support were sitting.

If thats the rules then fair enough,but if the referees worked to the letter of the law,we would probably see about 90% of goal scorers booked these days!!

hibs0666
23-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Van Zanten was left isolated, and someone should have been coming out to double up. Was a bad team goal to lose.

hibsbollah
23-08-2009, 06:52 PM
A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if • deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission"

Thats a crazily worded statute:bitchy: So by the letter of the law then, a player could be given a yellow card for leaving the pitch to retrieve a ball prior to him taking a corner.

NOLA
23-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Benj showed great strength and footwork to set up his shot, unlucky

RoYO!
23-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Benj showed great strength and footwork to set up his shot, unlucky

ye very much so, id start him midweek i think his skill would tear them apart. the ball starts to be played on the deck when going forward when hes on the park.

the falkirk fan at 2.05 is hilarious, giving stokes an absolute earfull, what for i wonder?? that he didnt stay at falkirk, instead choosing to earn £14k/week?

Ceske Bairn
23-08-2009, 10:15 PM
ye very much so, id start him midweek i think his skill would tear them apart. the ball starts to be played on the deck when going forward when hes on the park.

the falkirk fan at 2.05 is hilarious, giving stokes an absolute earfull, what for i wonder?? that he didnt stay at falkirk, instead choosing to earn £14k/week?

From memory a massive "Who are ya!?" chant went up at that point after his miss.

I think thats what the guy is doing.

Lets face it, football fans are fickle but i dont need to tell you that.

hibsboy90
23-08-2009, 11:20 PM
From memory a massive "Who are ya!?" chant went up at that point after his miss.

I think thats what the guy is doing.

Lets face it, football fans are fickle but i dont need to tell you that.

As a more neutral party, Flynn's goal, Maka's fault, bad team goal, Wonderful shot from Flynn, or a decent strike combined with bad team defence??

For me, it was a bad team defence, one of those goals you always see on the TV, and until you play with mates you realise a shot across you isn't as easy as it looks on the TV to deal with.

jgl07
23-08-2009, 11:39 PM
As a more neutral party, Flynn's goal, Maka's fault, bad team goal, Wonderful shot from Flynn, or a decent strike combined with bad team defence??

For me, it was a bad team defence, one of those goals you always see on the TV, and until you play with mates you realise a shot across you isn't as easy as it looks on the TV to deal with.
DVZ certainly was caught. Arguably a central defender or a midfielder should have been available to cover DVZ. I am not sure that Maka was at fault as he had to cover the near post. The ball would have come through a crowd of players possibly unsighting the goalkeeper.

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
24-08-2009, 01:43 AM
I will respectfully disagree with you. :greengrin A cracking finish by Flynn, Maka had very little chance of saving that one.

i thought van ganten was to blame - jockied the player rather than making a challenge !!! :grr:

sambajustice
24-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Cheers :thumbsup:

Deeks free kick was an absolute peach.

No danger, you see goals like that going in all the time. It was through a crowd and bent round into the far post! It was Van Zanten who didnt even make a challenge on the boy, he just let him walk past him!! Think you're just looking for any excuse to have a pop at Maka.

J-C
24-08-2009, 07:30 AM
No danger, you see goals like that going in all the time. It was through a crowd and bent round into the far post! It was Van Zanten who didnt even make a challenge on the boy, he just let him walk past him!! Think you're just looking for any excuse to have a pop at Maka.

DVZ showed Flynn the inside instead of the outside where the defence would've been more organised. By doing this he allowed the player a shot on goal.

RoYO!
24-08-2009, 07:54 AM
great that the highlights get put on but it would be good if the quality was improved particularly when going to fullscreen.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Thats a crazily worded statute:bitchy: So by the letter of the law then, a player could be given a yellow card for leaving the pitch to retrieve a ball prior to him taking a corner.

Eh, naw.

He would have the referee's implicit permission to fetch the ball.

hibsbollah
24-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Eh, naw.

Eh, aye. Read it again. Theres nothing about 'implicit' in the wording. I don't suppose it makes a difference to you though, you strike me as the kind of character who could start up an argument alone in a broken telephone box.

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Van Gantin and Maka suspect at their goal..

Weak links in the team cost us a goal again..

Thankfully this season the strong links out number the weak links..

Riordan, Bamba, Stokes.. All superb :agree:

whereswallace?
24-08-2009, 01:13 PM

Absolutely not,im one of the people on here that actually rates Maka.I just felt he could have done better and still do. This is what makes boards like these though,difference of opinion.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Eh, aye. Read it again. Theres nothing about 'implicit' in the wording. I don't suppose it makes a difference to you though, you strike me as the kind of character who could start up an argument alone in a broken telephone box.

Of course players have permission to retrieve the ball.

They don't have to ask everytime they do so, therefore the permission is implicit.

Also, please don't attempt to insult me or belittle my character again.

--------
24-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Eh, naw.

Just what I was going to say ....

.... or we'd have players having to ask the ref for permission every time there was a throw-in or a corner.

Personally, I think it was probably because Bam and Yogi were right in front of the Falkirk support. The fact is that Bam should know better. (So should Yogi.)

Noticeable that Yogi was very careful to praise Steve Conroy afterwards for not yielding to pressure to book Bam a second time after the incident with Finnegan.