PDA

View Full Version : NHC Will Csaba desert the sinking ship next week?

iwasthere1972
23-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Run of bad results.

Not prepared to extend contract.

Nade getting pisher.

Lost out to the "wee team" for Anthony Stokes services.

Could'nae beat 10 men.

Csaba's close to tears interview today.

No money to spend.

etc etc.

Will Csaba walk after their home tie against the Croatians with no further participation in Europe to look forward to and pointless in the SPL. Maybe Vlad may even give him a big nudge or sacked by fax. Think the writing could be on the wall now. :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
23-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Run of bad results.

Not prepared to extend contract.

Nade getting pisher.

Lost out to the "wee team" for Anthony Stokes services.

Could'nae beat 10 men.

Csaba's close to tears interview today.

No money to spend.

etc etc.

Will Csaba walk after their home tie against the Croatians with no further participation in Europe to look forward to and pointless in the SPL. Maybe Vlad may even give him a big nudge or sacked by fax. Think the writing could be on the wall now. :agree:

I have said yes, but I reckon he will try and vlad to sack him, shabba is no daft, he will want a pay off, this is the highest paid job he has ever had and he will no walk away easily!!!

whiskyhibby
23-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I say no for the reason that he was managing in a footballing backwater before he became Vlads trained monkey............

Has his stock really risen that much????

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamb oak::jamboak::bye::bye::bye:

hibsdaft
23-08-2009, 04:19 PM
all depends on the "how high is my stock vs what opportunities are there right now and coming up in the next three months before people forget about me" equation.

he'll certainly be considering it imo.

borders.cabbage
23-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I voted yes but he could be pushed before he jumps. He is now getting found out. Only scraped third last year with easily the biggest budget outside the OF, unable to play anything but a 4-5-1 and player selection (Nade). With his threat to Romanov also, a failure to take anything in Perth next week could signal the end for Plan F.

Malthibby
23-08-2009, 04:37 PM
As above, only if he thinks he can pick up work elsewhere, 7 he gets a pay-off.
i voted 'No' in the hope I'm wrong, not because I think he is good, but just for the ongoing trickle effect:thumbsup:
GG

Robinho08
23-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I reckon he'll get his striker and stay.

Think we're all getting a bit carried away, only two games into the season.

the_ginger_hibee
23-08-2009, 08:19 PM
He will stay, and depending how much things continue, will get his 'Mutual Consent' form sent to him come the end of the season. Confidentiality clause included obviously :cool2:

Kevvy1875
23-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I reckon they will get him a spot in the fringe?......the Csaba spot?...comedy genius!:thumbsup:

ballengeich
23-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I reckon they will get him a spot in the fringe?......the Csaba spot?...comedy genius!:thumbsup:

If there's a market for 18 hour monologues.

RickyS
23-08-2009, 09:17 PM

he looked and sounded an un-happy bunny in his after match Sky interview! "something has to give" he said :hmmm:

gringojoe
23-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Voted no. He will go but only when he has a job lined up.

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Think a lot of those voting Yes have misread it as whether they would like if it he left rather than if they think he will... :wink:

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying one - so long as we're winning our games who gives a fluck what that lot are up to...

matty_f
24-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Think a lot of those voting Yes have misread it as whether they would like if it he left rather than if they think he will... :wink:

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying one - so long as we're winning our games who gives a fluck what that lot are up to...

Agreed.

Only thing I'd add to that, is having seen the Yams opening three games, and the massive problems they have in attack and defence, it isn't that far fetched a notion to peg them as potential relegation candidates already.

Their next two games will be massive for them, if they fail to take maximum points they could be in serious trouble for the season.

brog
24-08-2009, 12:10 PM
It was a pathetic performance on tv yesterday, totally pre-meditated & attempting to cast himself as the hapless ( hopeless? ) fall-guy. Did he not look at the state of Yams before he took the job & all the empty promises made by Vlad? No, as usual, filthy lucre was the winner. You take Vlad's shilling you end up paying the price & you should not expect sympathy. IMO he's now desperately trying to get out & land himself another job but he'll keep on taking the money just as long as possible.
Anyway, it's all part of the store of comedy genius which is Yamland, love it!!

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Agreed.

Only thing I'd add to that, is having seen the Yams opening three games, and the massive problems they have in attack and defence, it isn't that far fetched a notion to peg them as potential relegation candidates already.

Their next two games will be massive for them, if they fail to take maximum points they could be in serious trouble for the season.

You can take the boy out of the caravan...

MacBean
24-08-2009, 01:29 PM

:top marks

mjhibby
24-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I voted yes but he could be pushed before he jumps. He is now getting found out. Only scraped third last year with easily the biggest budget outside the OF, unable to play anything but a 4-5-1 and player selection (Nade). With his threat to Romanov also, a failure to take anything in Perth next week could signal the end for Plan F.

Forget thursday for them its the game against the saintees that will go along way to decide czabas future.Anything less than a win will have the hordes baying for blood.Should be a tasty encounter with a sending off or two a good bet id say.

matty_f
24-08-2009, 02:07 PM
You can take the boy out of the caravan...

I did think that when I typed it.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Pretty sure you would if us winning and them losing on the final day of the season meant that we would finish higher in the table than them.

Anyone who says they couldn't care less how the Yams perform are talking Nade IMHO. :agree:

bawheid
24-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Agreed.

Not far fetched at all Matty.

They don't score goals. And at the same time, they're leaking them like a very very leaky thing indeed. I can see them losing a lot of matches. If Shabby throws in the towel then it's likely Eddie Malofeev will make a return at least for 8-10 games.

Hamilton will struggle too, so it's probably between the two of them for the drop.

Peevemor
24-08-2009, 02:53 PM
From the Sun apparently

EGGERT JONSSON helped Hearts finish best of the rest in the SPL last season.

But right now he fear the Jambos are down there with the WORST.

And the shattered Icelander admitted Csaba Laszlo needs reinforcements now if the Tynecastle men are to have any chance of being a force again this time round.

Jonsson was handed the captain's armband by Laszlo for yesterday's defeat by Rangers with Michael Stewart and Marius Zaliukas suspended.

And after Monday's loss to Dundee United and Thursday's Euro slump to Dinamo Zagreb Jonsson admitted his side's morale is at rock bottom.

He said: "It's been a tough week, the last three games. We've conceded eight goals, scored one.

"Obviously that's a bad start to the season and we need to take a reality check and wake up now.

"It's going to be a long, tough season if we don't start getting points.

"Finishing third and getting into Europe was great.

"But now it doesn't look good in Europe or the league. It's only the start, only two games into the league season, and there's a long way to go. We just need to improve and get confidence, so hopefully we can get that in midweek.

"We need to get our pride back, because we lost that going away and losing 4-0, and losing two SPL games too.

"This is definitely a missed opportunity.

"We were one up and a man up as well, playing good football and keeping the ball.

"Then we lost a goal to a set-piece and they got back into the game.

"To lose a late goal from a penalty is always a big blow. We've still not got a point in the league yet. Obviously that's really disappointing.

"I've not seen the penalty on telly, so I'm not really sure if it's outside or inside.

"But the ref gave it, so they got a penalty."

Boss Laszlo has already pleaded with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to bring in new players and Jonsson was quick to back his under pressure gaffer.

During the summer Robbie Neilson, Bruno Aguiar, Christos Karipidis, Saulius Mikolinuas and Deividas Cesnauskis were all allowed to leave with NO fees coming in.

Their departures have significantly lowered the club's wage bill but have also dramatically weakened the squad.

That has left Laszlo considering his own future at the club and there remains an outside possibility that he could quit his post.

Advertisement

Jonsson admitted something has to be done before the transfer window closes in just over a week's time.

He said: "Definitely. If you see the guys we're putting on, it's not ideal to put young guys into a game like this - we had a young guy who isn't even a striker, Arvydas Novikovas, coming on to play as a striker. That's not ideal.

"I think it's not just up front we need a bit of strength.

"We've lost quite a few good and experienced guys without really replacing them.

"Hopefully the manager gets the support he needs and brings in some guys to strengthen the squad before the window closes.

"What the manager may do is probably a question for him. I can't really answer it and we can't really think like that.

"We need to keep working and start improving, get ourselves together and get our first point of the season." Jonsson also confessed that being handed the Hearts captaincy had meant little because of yesterday's result.

He added: "Being captain doesn't mean a lot when you've lost a game. It's the last thing on my mind right now.

"What matters is the team - individual honours mean nothing on a day like this."

Laszlo now has the task of trying to lift his shattered squad ahead of Thursday's Europa League play-off second leg against Dinamo Zagreb.

The Jambos have no chance of overturning that 4-0 first leg scoreline at Tynecastle.

And the Hearts boss must also decide what to do with Christian Nade, who he hooked after just half an hour of yesterday's clash.

The Frenchman was booked for clattering into David Weir and Laszlo felt he was on the verge of picking up a red card.

But Nade stormed down the tunnel and refused to shake Laszlo's hand, and his Hearts future could now be uncertain.

Laszlo said: "I gave Christian Nade a chance. You know why?

"I gave him a chance to show a better face than he had against Zareb.

"But after his yellow card he was in danger of getting another one and my decision was made to protect the player. At the moment everyone can see our problems.

"I must not talk all the time about what we need.

"We reached a good position last season but if this club has a target of moving forward then we must do something.

"At the moment we will not be fighting against relegation but our target is to keep the position we had last season.

"This team is young, it does not have the experience of last season's team.

"This is painful for me. I like to protect my team but something MUST happen now.

"There must be a signal. If we don't bring in a striker, for example, we must look to play football and build a new team.

"It is nice to do that but then there must be a new definition for me and the club.

"But between the wish and the reality is a big gap."

Laszlo was asked if he believed there would be new players brought in before the deadline closes.

He said: "You know what I believe? I will go home and drink a glass of red wine, that's what I believe and what I will do.

"But about the rest? I don't talk."

Csaba's not a happy puppy is he? :thumbsup:

Hibee87
24-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Not far fetched at all Matty.

They don't score goals. And at the same time, they're leaking them like a very very leaky thing indeed. I can see them losing a lot of matches. If Shabby throws in the towel then it's likely Eddie Malofeev will make a return at least for 8-10 games.

Hamilton will struggle too, so it's probably between the two of them for the drop.

I dont think Malofeev is there anymore im sure it was repoted he had left or gone back to lith, i may be wrong though. If im not then i wonder who would take over? I think if they get beat form st J and dont bring in no stiker before the window i seriously see him walking

jgl07
24-08-2009, 03:07 PM
I say no for the reason that he was managing in a footballing backwater before he became Vlads trained monkey............

Has his stock really risen that much????

It must have; he knocked back Celtic!

aberhibsfc
24-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Csaba's a man of a thousand words, 999 of them being 'Eh'.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Lazlo in the Record;

"David Witteveen's goal was okay but it was a mistake by their keeper.

"But he had a situation in the second half where the window, door, everything was open for him and he stopped.

"If Boyd had that chance, Boyd would ask the keeper which corner he would like the ball in?

"He would turn two times and then dance and maybe he'd breakdance and then shoot the ball.

"This is the reality. We must work with what we have."

Ouch!

Shaggy
24-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Shaba had a really poor squad last year that couldnae buy a goal......but he finished third with ****** he had.

He is a good manager, certainly deserves a better club.

Rip strips of the ****** o the toon, but I rate him.......

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Shaba had a really poor squad last year that couldnae buy a goal......but he finished third with ****** he had.

He is a good manager, certainly deserves a better club.

Rip strips of the ****** o the toon, but I rate him.......

The squad he had last year had the biggest budget (outwith the OF) in the league. They finished where they should've based on that.

Now that they've got rid off their best players (Berra and Aguiar) it'll be interesting to see if he's as good a manager as he thinks he is. I reckon he's spewing he didn't jump ship to a big club while his stock was quite high.

It's all downhill form here Shabby.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 06:17 PM
The squad he had last year had the biggest budget (outwith the OF) in the league. They finished where they should've based on that.

Now that they've got rid off their best players (Berra and Aguiar) it'll be interesting to see if he's as good a manager as he thinks he is. I reckon he's spewing he didn't jump ship to a big club while his stock was quite high.

It's all downhill form here Shabby.

Yes, but they were poor, and thus overperforming as a club in that sense.

Mibbes Aye
24-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I dont think Malofeev is there anymore im sure it was repoted he had left or gone back to lith, i may be wrong though. If im not then i wonder who would take over? I think if they get beat form st J and dont bring in no stiker before the window i seriously see him walking

Even after he stopped playing an active role (:faf:) at Homfc, he was retained on the books and paid a consultancy fee IIRC.

Not sure if that's still the case - don't suppose any of them would have the bottle to raise it at their AGM and even if they did, Roman the Boy Dunder would tell them to bolt.

Sergey
24-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Even after he stopped playing an active role (:faf:) at Homfc, he was retained on the books and paid a consultancy fee IIRC.

Not sure if that's still the case - don't suppose any of them would have the bottle to raise it at their AGM and even if they did, Roman the Boy Dunder would tell them to bolt.

As of a couple of weeks ago, Malofeev had a coaching role with some Russian club (can't recall who and can't be ersed looking).

I'm sure it would only take a phone call to tempt him back!

Mibbes Aye
24-08-2009, 06:36 PM
From the Sun apparently

Csaba's not a happy puppy is he? :thumbsup:

Interesting that he openly refers to relegation. He's not as good a manager as he thinks he is, nor is he daft though. If anyone knows how desperate a mess they're in it will be him.

He's seen a team that essentially wasn't that good lose its best players and not even replace them with competent ones. And at the moment they don't look like they're going to even bother with strikers!

I know a lot of folk are tipping Hamilton but you could see them maybe spending a bit in January if things were looking dodgy. That's an option that's just not open to the yams.

The crucial thing for me is that with your Hamiltons and Falkirks, they might be struggling for quality but you can imagine them playing for each other when it gets to the end of the season and every point is vital. You just can't say that about Homfc :bitchy:

Mibbes Aye
24-08-2009, 06:42 PM
As of a couple of weeks ago, Malofeev had a coaching role with some Russian club (can't recall who and can't be ersed looking).

I'm sure it would only take a phone call to tempt him back!

Correct.

Vlad and Malofeev have the kind of friendship, nay, the kind of bond that can't be forged under normal circumstances.

It's a bond forged two thousand feet below the surface, in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with NATO forces, where each man depends for his life on the actions of his comrade and if one lets the other down he consigns them all to a cold and watery grave :agree:.

Either that or it's a bond formed through a love of ballroom dancing. Can never remember which :confused:

Sergey
24-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Correct.

Vlad and Malofeev have the kind of friendship, nay, the kind of bond that can't be forged under normal circumstances.

It's a bond forged two thousand feet below the surface, in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with NATO forces, where each man depends for his life on the actions of his comrade and if one lets the other down he consigns them all to a cold and watery grave :agree:.

Either that or it's a bond formed through a love of ballroom dancing. Can never remember which :confused:

Actually, since my last post, I decided to check where Malofeev currently is. He's managing FC Dynamo Saint Petersburg who play in the Russian 2nd Division (West).

Saint Petersburg, eh! The Russian Mecca for submariners and home to the famous Baltic Shipyard Co. which coincidentally is Russia's leading submarine producer.

:dizzy:

mglancy23
24-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Correct.

i want him back, i loved this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s

Ozyhibby
24-08-2009, 07:28 PM
A mate met his missus and she thinks they will be away by the end of the month. However, if Vlad stumps up the money for a striker, who knows?
Incidently, could it be possible that the revenue are blocking any large contracts getting signed?

brog
25-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Lazlo in the Record;

"David Witteveen's goal was okay but it was a mistake by their keeper.

"But he had a situation in the second half where the window, door, everything was open for him and he stopped.

"If Boyd had that chance, Boyd would ask the keeper which corner he would like the ball in?

"He would turn two times and then dance and maybe he'd breakdance and then shoot the ball.

"This is the reality. We must work with what we have."

Ouch!

To be honest, he was correct. I couldn't believe it when Pittenweem stopped with no one between him & goal - loved it! :faf:

Hibs On Tour
25-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Interesting that he openly refers to relegation. He's not as good a manager as he thinks he is, nor is he daft though. If anyone knows how desperate a mess they're in it will be him.

He's seen a team that essentially wasn't that good lose its best players and not even replace them with competent ones. And at the moment they don't look like they're going to even bother with strikers!

I know a lot of folk are tipping Hamilton but you could see them maybe spending a bit in January if things were looking dodgy. That's an option that's just not open to the yams.

The crucial thing for me is that with your Hamiltons and Falkirks, they might be struggling for quality but you can imagine them playing for each other when it gets to the end of the season and every point is vital. You just can't say that about Homfc :bitchy:

Not aimed at you MA, but think its funny how last year many on these boards were saying he was a decent manager, certainly better than Mixu, and now that we have Yogi all of a sudden Shaba is useless? FWIW, I think he is a decent enough manager who has ultimately found himself hamstrung by the muppet he works for [hell mend him, not like it wasn't obvious, eh?]. Yes, they perhaps finished higher than their quality merited last season - in such instances surely the impact of the manager is perhaps to do with that?

Geniuinely can't see them even flirting with relegation this season, after all its not like many of the other teams bar us have significantly strengthened is it? Most in fact have become weaker in the same fashion as the Jumbo's - sold their best players and replaced them with pash.

I think with a favourable wind we have a shout of 3rd this year, to be honest. Perhaps some cup runs too. Not based on our play as such thus far but more on the level at which our squad has been strengthened, particularly when compared to our competitors. Reckon its between us and Dundee Utd for 3rd...

IMHO of course! :greengrin