PDA

View Full Version : bagpipes

Green&White
23-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't get me wrong I love everything scottish but am I the only one that thinks the bagpipe music on skysports during the features and before/after breaks is awful?

Surely they could have picked somthing with a scottish link 2 it that doesn't make ur ears bleed?

Peevemor
23-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Don't get me wrong I love everything scottish but am I the only one that thinks the bagpipe music on skysports during the features and before/after breaks is awful?

Surely they could have picked somthing with a scottish link 2 it that doesn't make ur ears bleed?

I play bagpipes and I agree. :agree:

cleanyman
23-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Its stupid, it serves no purpose being there.

steviehfc
23-08-2009, 02:01 PM

Surely they could have picked somthing with a scottish link 2 it that doesn't make ur ears bleed?That would mean some English based producer having to come up with something original, so unfortunately it's never likely to happen.

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2009, 02:05 PM
It's embarrassing really. I think a song from Franz Ferdinand or The View or anyother Scottish band would be much better. No wonder everyone thinks every Scot still wears a kilt, carries a sword and only eats haggis :greengrin

The Green Goblin
23-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Is it music they have made up themselves? or does anyone recognise it? Is there anywhere online I can listen to it?

GG

Peevemor
23-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Is it music they have made up themselves? or does anyone recognise it? Is there anywhere online I can listen to it?

GG

I thought I recognised it, but couldn't place it.

I suspect it may be one of their existing themes that's been adapted.

KeithTheHibby
23-08-2009, 04:23 PM
It sounds f*****g dreadful.

Hibs Spain
23-08-2009, 06:25 PM

Surely they could have picked somthing with a scottish link 2 it that doesn't make ur ears bleed? Can't believe the producer hasn't stopped it! It's so irritating.. Goes on for too long and is embarrassing :agree:

magpie1892
23-08-2009, 06:56 PM
As an Englishman living in Scotland, I'm inclined to agree - it's awful and not at all indicative of what bagpipes can sound like. It's a cliche picked by a no-doubt English producer so sorry about that.

More concerning for me, though, is the tart that presents the show. She's bloody terrible, all over the place and clearly knows nothing about her subject. She ain't much of a looker either so there's no saving grace there.

They should get that wee dirty Linsday Archibald on who used to do hunTV - she's actually quite a good journalist/presenter and knows her football.

CallumHibs07
23-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I like it. :greengrin