PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Goalkeepers

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 11:31 AM
We have all had our favourites through the years.

I can go back to Thompson Allan, Gordon Marshall snr, Big Mike McDonald, Roughy, Goram, Leighton, Budgie, Gotskallson, Colgan we have had some good, bad and downright eccentric.

Personally my favourite for entertainment value alone has to be Budgie the man was just a legend, never forget the Skol Cup semi against the Gers when Keith Wright scored the winner, they reckon Budgie just talked the Rangers forwards out of the game.

Thoughts please, who was good, bad or just a nutter in goals.

Malthibby
23-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Anderson was also a damn fine goalie, & Budgie was indeed a bampot.
Goram remains the best I have ever seen in a Hibs shirt, even if he was/is a first class pillock (honourable mention to Rough, who took Goram 'under his wing' as soon as he arrived up here - poor lad never had a chance. Stayed at the Willowbrae at first, so knew he had hit the big time:greengrin).
Quite sure we would have been relegated at least once if he hadn't been last man standing.

Just Jimmy
23-08-2009, 11:45 AM
We have all had our favourites through the years.

I can go back to Thompson Allan, Gordon Marshall snr, Big Mike McDonald, Roughy, Goram, Leighton, Budgie, Gotskallson, Colgan we have had some good, bad and downright eccentric.

Personally my favourite for entertainment value alone has to be Budgie the man was just a legend, never forget the Skol Cup semi against the Gers when Keith Wright scored the winner, they reckon Budgie just talked the Rangers forwards out of the game.

Thoughts please, who was good, bad or just a nutter in goals.

that font is outrageous. :bitchy:

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 11:48 AM
that font is outrageous. :bitchy:

Just a wee tad different humour me :faf: :faf:

banarc7062
23-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Your starter post says it all......His have alway had decent goalies except since the past few years for some strange reason.
Yesterday we had a keeper who appeared afraid to catch the ball in the second half especially and preferred to knock it down into the middle of the penalty area!!!!! There must be good 'keepers out there looking for a club.:grr:

ancient hibee
23-08-2009, 12:50 PM
At different times in their careers we have had Scotland's best ever goalies-changed times indeed.