PDA

View Full Version : Reception for Duffy this Wednesday?

Jaz
23-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Duff Jimmy brings Brechin to ER on Wednesday.

I wonder what sort of reception the manager who got us relegated will get? I've a good idea.

His assistant Kevin "Crunchie" McAllister was a cracking wee player for us.

EasterRoad4Ever
23-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Read the article in today's SOS which tries to re-write history. Talks about some sections of the Hibs support not wanting him at ER, him being unlucky to lose Darren Jackson and no being given enough time. What a load of tosh. He is a self publicist who was an abject failure at Hibs. Job was too big for him - end of.

Frazerbob
23-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I wonder if he'll arrive by helicopter?

He actually started very well and had us playing some brilliant football initially. Chic Charnley was a joy to watch for a few months. Then it all went wrong when relying on the likes of Lee Power and Paul Tosh came home to roost. Beating Celtc on the opening day of the season is still one of my favourite ever games.

Crunhie on the other hand should get a standing ovation. A great player for us and top bloke to boot!

brownlies bits
23-08-2009, 11:55 AM
He was so bad on a par with ? ? ? ?
No sorry there was never anybody that bad

Dont think he will get a reception hes just not worth bothering about.

:bye:

Just Jimmy
23-08-2009, 11:59 AM
he's been back with Dundee...

magpie1892
23-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Don't honestly think he'll be afforded any sort of reception. Was quite a long time ago, certainly in football terms, and, I reckon, mostly forgotten.

I've nothing against the man, personally. Seems a decent type who was just out of his depth and not helped by having a shocking squad from which to pick a team.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2009, 12:11 PM
he's been back with Dundee...

And he also had a very succesfull spell at hearts.:faf: