PDA

View Full Version : boozy or arfield?

cloudy
23-08-2009, 10:30 AM
if the money is there i'd prefer we went for arfield, simply because of the age thing but i understand boozy would be a free transfer but would arfield not be a better investment???

Cocaine&Caviar
23-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Very different players, Boozy is more of a sitter and passer, whereas Arfield bombs through the middle and works very hard. In the current team, and the current 3 in the middle, Boozy is more needed...

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-08-2009, 10:56 AM
if the money is there i'd prefer we went for arfield, simply because of the age thing but i understand boozy would be a free transfer but would arfield not be a better investment???

Boozy for me. He's experienced and what we need right now.

We've got plenty of good youngsters on our books now and they have to get their chance to shine. Hibs need a strong Academy, If we dont give them their chance the Wotherspoons and Moyes of the future might stay where they are.

RoYO!
23-08-2009, 11:03 AM
both will do nicely

Jim44
23-08-2009, 11:10 AM
If the rumour that Beuzelin has the option of a one year deal at Celtic or a three year deal at Hibs is true, I suspect he will opt for Celtic. More cash obviously and if a success may be offered an extension. If not successful, he may think Hibs will then welcome him with open arms ( I'd be p1ssed off if they did). The biggest clue as to where he will go, for my money, is Mowbray's statement that 'the lad's training with us but we won't be buying him'. Aye right Tony, we know you won't be buying him 'cos you'll get him for nowt.

banarc7062
23-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Why bother, with a fir Zemmama he directs play very well.

500miles
23-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Boozy. We need someone who can make that killer pass in the middle, who can do something with all that possession we pick up there.

Aldo
23-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I am greedy and want both

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Arfield. Purely for sell-on value. We could get him for a million, sell him on for three mill. Boozy, love him though I do, is a posing old crock.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Some-tahms its naatran accident...

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Arfield. Purely for sell-on value. We could get him for a million, sell him on for three mill. Boozy, love him though I do, is a posing old crock.

Bevvied last night Bob? :greengrin :party:

Speedway
23-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I am greedy and want both

Let's see what happens tomorrow. :greengrin

Dr_Regal
23-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Let's see what happens tomorrow. :greengrin

Go on ..........

Oscar Lomax
24-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Arfield please. Boozy has been here, buggered off for more money and was basically found out in England. No to Le Myth, Yes to Arfield.

Aldo
24-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Arfield please. Boozy has been here, buggered off for more money and was basically found out in England. No to Le Myth, Yes to Arfield.

The guy had a good few years here and gave it a try down south. Alot better wages and probably set him up. I dont begrudge a player that. Imagine you at work and a guy said heay you makin a grand a month, come and work with me and I will give you six grand a month...no brainer IMHO

Aldo
24-08-2009, 06:27 AM
whLet's see at happens tomorrow. :greengrin

Care to elaborate Speedway??? Its tomorrow :greengrin

Captain Trips
24-08-2009, 07:04 AM

Le Myth?, and what of the midfielders who have come in since, the ones who manage 1 pass every 10. Boozy is no world beater but if he is a myth I dont know what that makes the midfield now.

Is he better than players we have now or are all our midfielders better than him? I say he is better and on that would be useful player.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Bevvied last night Bob? :greengrin :party:

With extreme prejudice. Damn this festival!

--------
24-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Some folks don't understand the concept of "Renaissance Man", Bob.

I'd just ignore them. :wink:

I understand that after the game Yogi spotted young Arfield in the hospitality areas. Referring to Arfield's Falirk FC tie, he told him to, "Take that thing off - here, you can have mine" - Yogi's being a natty piece of Hibs FC neckwear in green, white, and purple....

Which gives one to THINK.....

FWIW, if I had to choose between a player in his 30's with a history of injuries who tended to blow hot and cold during his last spell at ER, and the young player of great promise who gave us all the problems in midfield that Arfield did on Saturday, I'd have to think VERY VERY hard for all of a couple of nanoseconds before replying.

It's a no-brainer. Arfield every time. :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-08-2009, 07:02 PM

:greengrin

Speedway
24-08-2009, 08:18 PM
[/B]

Care to elaborate Speedway??? Its tomorrow :greengrin

Innocent statement demonstrating that my A-Level in stating the bleedin' obvious came in handy in later life.